Aug 27, 2021 at 12:26 AM Post #59,716 of 100,709
Some good music for you folks,
Heavy impactful bass,
Amazing guitar riff,
Very busy treble,

Great for testing iems technicality.

Screenshot_20210827-111543317_1.jpg

Aug 27, 2021 at 2:17 AM Post #59,717 of 100,709
Listening to this part on my Reecho SG-03 is nice 👌 Good bass, stereo separation, and layering for $69 :)

Aug 27, 2021 at 2:49 AM Post #59,718 of 100,709
GS Audio’s Flagship SE12

Haven’t had a chance to graph the SE12 yet, but I am hearing more v-shaped tuning compared to the SE11. Generally I am not a big fan of the ‘ton of bass + ton of treble' approach to audio, which partially explains why I like the NM2+ more than the Bravado mkII for example, but these GS Audio sounds incredibly detailed and effortless so I might enjoy it as a low level listening device.

The low end extends well and offers up good impact. Bass weight lacks the DD’s physicality, but retains good pace and definition all the way down to 25-30Hz. Midrange detail and clarity are close to the SE11, but vocals seem to have slightly better air and a dimensional quality to them than the SE11. For the treble region, SE12 sounds a bit brighter and/or sharper. There might be a lower treble elevation akin to Tansio Mirai Spark somewhere between 6-7kHz. Upper treble extension is excellent, contributing to an airy and open sound with unconstrained dynamics. Separation is very good without seeming exaggerated. Layering and imaging are both quite good – instruments take on the proper distance and direction cues and there is decent air around each.

Initial impression of the SE12 is that it combines incredible clarity and resolution with tight, tastefully elevated bass and extended treble with plenty of energy. Will measure it tomorrow or a day after and start comparing it to the RS10.

Day 2

More I listen to the SE12, the more it grows on me. Now that I’ve been trying out different music genres outside of my usual classical library, it explains why it’s tuned this way. Additionally this must be one of the very best BA bass I’ve ever heard surpassing RS10 and Spark easily. Its attack is really crisp, clean, impactful with unusually natural decay and sustain. Coincidentally I noticed the SE12 is using the same Sonion 38series Accupass woofers as Oriolus Trailliis, but doubling up to a quad setup 😮. Also interesting to see 4 x Knowles 33803 full range drivers to cover the presumably lower mids to lower treble regions then those electrets taking over the upper registry.

Traillii has 2 x woofers + 6 mid range BAs + 4 ESTs.

SE12: 4 x woofers + 4 full range BAs + 4 ESTs.

Last edited:
Aug 27, 2021 at 2:57 AM Post #59,719 of 100,709
GS Audio’s Flagship SE12

Haven’t had a chance to graph the SE12 yet, but I am hearing more v-shaped tuning compared to the SE11. Generally I am not a big fan of the ‘ton of bass + ton of treble' approach to audio, which partially explains why I like the NM2+ more than the Bravado mkII for example, but these GS Audio sounds incredibly detailed and effortless so I might enjoy it as a low level listening device.

The low end extends well and offers up good impact. Bass weight lacks the DD’s physicality, but retains good pace and definition all the way down to 25-30Hz. Midrange detail and clarity are close to the SE11, but vocals seem to have slightly better air and a dimensional quality to them than the SE11. For the treble region, SE12 sounds a bit brighter and/or sharper. There might be a lower treble elevation akin to Tansio Mirai Spark somewhere between 6-7kHz. Upper treble extension is excellent, contributing to an airy and open sound with unconstrained dynamics. Separation is very good without seeming exaggerated. Layering and imaging are both quite good – instruments take on the proper distance and direction cues and there is decent air around each.

Initial impression of the SE12 is that it combines incredible clarity and resolution with tight, tastefully elevated bass and extended treble with plenty of energy. Will measure it tomorrow or a day after and start comparing it to the RS10.

Day 2

More I listen to the SE12, the more it grows on me. Now that I’ve been trying out different music genres outside of my usual classical library, it explains why it’s tuned this way. Additionally this must be one of the very best BA bass I’ve ever heard surpassing RS10 and Spark easily. Its attack is really crisp, clean, impactful with unusually natural decay and sustain. Coincidentally I noticed the SE12 is using the same Sonion 38series Accupass woofers as Oriolus Trailliis, but doubling up to a quad setup 😮. Also interesting to see 4 x Knowles 33803 full range drivers to cover the presumably lower mids to lower treble regions than those electrets taking over the upper registry.

I'm glad you're finding use cases for it. A shame they aren't in your preferred music genres, but it's something.

Aug 27, 2021 at 3:04 AM Post #59,720 of 100,709
GS Audio’s Flagship SE12

Day 2

More I listen to the SE12, the more it grows on me. Now that I’ve been trying out different music genres outside of my usual classical library, it explains why it’s tuned this way. Additionally this must be one of the very best BA bass I’ve ever heard surpassing RS10 and Spark easily. Its attack is really crisp, clean, impactful with unusually natural decay and sustain. Coincidentally I noticed the SE12 is using the same Sonion 38series Accupass woofers as Oriolus Trailliis, but doubling up to a quad setup 😮. Also interesting to see 4 x Knowles 33803 full range drivers to cover the presumably lower mids to lower treble regions than those electrets taking over the upper registry.

Badass
GS Audio’s Flagship SE12

Day 2

More I listen to the SE12, the more it grows on me. Now that I’ve been trying out different music genres outside of my usual classical library, it explains why it’s tuned this way. Additionally this must be one of the very best BA bass I’ve ever heard surpassing RS10 and Spark easily. Its attack is really crisp, clean, impactful with unusually natural decay and sustain. Coincidentally I noticed the SE12 is using the same Sonion 38series Accupass woofers as Oriolus Trailliis, but doubling up to a quad setup 😮. Also interesting to see 4 x Knowles 33803 full range drivers to cover the presumably lower mids to lower treble regions then those electrets taking over the upper registry.

Some badass kilobuck range specs. Getting what you payed for value.

Aug 27, 2021 at 3:21 AM Post #59,721 of 100,709
BGGAR said, New BLON is coming:
cCyP0.jpg

l've been waiting for this one. As usual it looks like they're going for an odd shell that may not suit everyone.

Aug 27, 2021 at 3:24 AM Post #59,722 of 100,709
Aug 27, 2021 at 3:52 AM Post #59,723 of 100,709
I spent the last two days with my A55 with Mr Walkman MOD, with my Fiio amp, with Shouer Tape Pro with balanced cable, and it's been an absolute aural pleasure. Switching up tonight to the Dunu EST112 to see how it compares (balanced) and the NX7 mk III in balanced mode with the Sony DAP. It's just so hard to beat for that price range with the MOD and an amp with balanced mode.
Hooray! Someone who likes the Tape Pro! A good implementation of the MST driver.

Aug 27, 2021 at 5:38 AM Post #59,724 of 100,709
If anyone was interested in these inexpensive DD set from Amazon, Apparently called the E13S
7124OOY3SzL._AC_SL1001_.jpg

They do actually end up looking like their product pictures. They're not terrible, but I'd recommend against using the stock eartips. They've tuned these things for the typical mid-bass impact that so many consumer sets have, so the stock eartips make too good of a seal and the midbass crushes everything else. Using Spinfit CP-360 to nuke the bass makes these a relatively acceptable V-shaped tuning with extra bass gain. Unfortunately, I lack a way to graph these, but for, like, $20, I don't think you would be wildly disappointed by their sound after they've had several hours to burn in. This is definitely a set where I have noticed a distinct change in how the driver sounds after being left to burn for a bit. The bass tightens up a bit and the treble becomes a lot more distinct. They're about on par with Sony earbuds at the same price, but they do come with some interesting eartips and MMCX connectors, so they're a little more fun to play around with compared to wired Sony earbuds. Their eartips have proven to be far more useful for my GS Audio GD7B, where they dramatically improve bass impact without losing treble, since they're ridiculously large bore. Like, the bore of these things is 5.5mm at least. They're absolutely massive.

If they keep improving with more run time, I'll post an update.

TL;DR: Not bad for $20, but nothing to write home about. The tips may be more interesting than the IEM itself.
Looks so familiar 😀.. (Yamaha EPH100 copycat)

Aug 27, 2021 at 8:03 AM Post #59,725 of 100,709
If anyone was interested in these inexpensive DD set from Amazon, Apparently called the E13S
7124OOY3SzL._AC_SL1001_.jpg

They do actually end up looking like their product pictures. They're not terrible, but I'd recommend against using the stock eartips. They've tuned these things for the typical mid-bass impact that so many consumer sets have, so the stock eartips make too good of a seal and the midbass crushes everything else. Using Spinfit CP-360 to nuke the bass makes these a relatively acceptable V-shaped tuning with extra bass gain. Unfortunately, I lack a way to graph these, but for, like, $20, I don't think you would be wildly disappointed by their sound after they've had several hours to burn in. This is definitely a set where I have noticed a distinct change in how the driver sounds after being left to burn for a bit. The bass tightens up a bit and the treble becomes a lot more distinct. They're about on par with Sony earbuds at the same price, but they do come with some interesting eartips and MMCX connectors, so they're a little more fun to play around with compared to wired Sony earbuds. Their eartips have proven to be far more useful for my GS Audio GD7B, where they dramatically improve bass impact without losing treble, since they're ridiculously large bore. Like, the bore of these things is 5.5mm at least. They're absolutely massive.

If they keep improving with more run time, I'll post an update.

TL;DR: Not bad for $20, but nothing to write home about. The tips may be more interesting than the IEM itself.
The tips look like some of the tips that come with Hifiman products.

Aug 27, 2021 at 8:41 AM Post #59,726 of 100,709
GS Audio’s Flagship SE12

Day 2

This GS Audio certainly got great price-to-performance initiatives!

Although the tuning is not my preferred ones for ST10, the technical aspect of it is not a thing that can be ignored.

If EQ is an option, I can recommend ST10 to community, if not it still can be considered as one collective of the library—mid focus, with basshead satisfying sub-bass floor, and meaty mid-bass. Treble sensitive person would no need to worry about the spikes too, it’s pretty smoothed out, but still got solid articulating ability behind it’s smoothed out curve.

Aug 27, 2021 at 10:38 AM Post #59,727 of 100,709
Anyone know what happened to the dedicated Mele thread?

Aug 27, 2021 at 11:00 AM Post #59,729 of 100,709
Aug 27, 2021 at 11:00 AM Post #59,730 of 100,709

Users who are viewing this thread

Back