The discovery thread!
Aug 25, 2021 at 4:13 PM Post #59,656 of 103,509
To void more unecessary spamm on this thread, and since it's not a discovery anymore, I created a thread to share Mele Impressions here.

IMG_20210825_170332.jpg

Feel free to hop in!

Aug 25, 2021 at 4:17 PM Post #59,657 of 103,509
Why should I? Is shifting your obstinate opinion worth the effort? I don't remember owing you anything. LOL! If you desire knowledge, pursue it yourself- I think you're old enough to do at least that instead of waiting to be spoon-fed
Indeed to expect something constructive would be futile.

Not unexpected - for the lack of facts - shifting to personal attacks.
That is how the pretense of "cable controversy" is fuelled.
There is no controversy! The complete lack of evidence of that anything rather than cable resistance matter is now fully overwhelming.

I do have 30+ cables, I did measure that their capacitance and inductance is not any factor below 20 kHz. No difference between pure copper, spc snd pure silver of the same resistance.

The resistance difference can indeed be noticeable when your change from a stock cable, like old KZ, to a decent aftermarket cable that what got me started.
But then the difference you hear is all the limitations of the source.

Now, I feel really sad that someone with limited funds and limited sources buying expensive (and the boundary for me at $20-$25) cable to "hear the difference" instead of investing into their source and IEMs.

This cable money goes into pure marketing and profit rather than into R&D and new models of sources and IEMs.

But I can understand almost irresistible lure of the catchy marketing - plarinum, palladium, rhodium alloys, graphene, OFC, 7N, single crystal and the names - golden fall, dragon tail, monkey delight, almost irresistible:)

I reckon that you don't have a single aftermarket cable :) ?

No tricky question, just legit curiosity!

To satisfy your curiousity - I do have quite a few, I use 2.5 balanced with all my IEMs.

I did get few impedance adapters and IEmatch - they actually helped me to arrive to an amazingly simple fact that with an ideal source - cables (as any purely resistive load) should not matter - the ideal source will deliver the same current/power to a transducer through higher voltage compensating for the resistance within its non-distorted voltage specs.

I do think I've wasted my money on few $30+ cables, so I would hope other can save their money for the sources and/or IEMs.

Now that I have satisfied your curiousity, please do tell what I could possibly miss based on the facts rather than hearing this "proverbial difference" between pure copper and spc :)

Aug 25, 2021 at 4:18 PM Post #59,658 of 103,509
The minority can enjoy moral excellence and cost savings. After all, in the end, no one imposes anything on anyone. No one forces you to wear a chador or stone you if you go out in shorts or even with a cable included instead of a $ 1.5k moon silver cable.
Smile and relax, it's not so bad. It's like talking about religion. Well-mannered people should avoid this. After all, you endure if someone out loud praises a god whom you may not worship. Likewise.
The open discrimination is quite something though- at least the religions you speak of are recognised, however intangible their effects may be. I'm not saying anyone should be spending kilobucks or that it would be worth it, it's about presenting evidence but even after having done so they either refuse to look at it or dismiss all of it with a "that evidence doesn't count, coz it does not fit into what we're looking for"

Aug 25, 2021 at 4:19 PM Post #59,659 of 103,509
Now I'm really pissed off.:rage:
Worried about sales? No tricky question, just legit curiosity! :wink:
I think that your question is not out of tricky curiosity, but simply a desire to humiliate the one who interferes with your trade. How do you like this answer?
And another question, where to get the best sound - to spend a couple of thousand on high-quality headphones? Or half for the headphones and half for the "aftermarket cable" ? - I know the answer. And you?

I'm always curious when I see folks not into aftermarket cables, really. It has nothing to do with sales, humiliating others or anything of the sort, but legit (truly) interest why people use stuff they do and don't use other stuff. That's all there is to it, all good :beerchug:

iFi audio Stay updated on iFi audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/people/IFi-audio/61558986775162/ https://twitter.com/ifiaudio https://www.instagram.com/ifiaudio/ https://ifi-audio.com/ https://www.youtube.com/@iFiaudiochannel comms@ifi-audio.com
Aug 25, 2021 at 4:22 PM Post #59,660 of 103,509
Indeed to expect something constructive would be futile.

Not unexpected - for the lack of facts - shifting to personal attacks.
That is how the pretense of "cable controversy" is fuelled.
There is no controversy! The complete lack of evidence of that anything rather than cable resistance matter is now fully overwhelming.

I do have 30+ cables, I did measure that their capacitance and inductance is not any factor below 20 kHz. No difference between pure copper, spc snd pure silver of the same resistance.

The resistance difference can indeed be noticeable when your change from a stock cable, like old KZ, to a decent aftermarket cable that what got me started.
But then the difference you hear is all the limitations of the source.

Now, I feel really sad that someone with limited funds and limited sources buying expensive (and the boundary for me at $20-$25) cable to "hear the difference" instead of investing into their source and IEMs.

This cable money goes into pure marketing and profit rather than into R&D and new models of sources and IEMs.

But I can understand almost irresistible lure of the catchy marketing - plarinum, palladium, rhodium alloys, graphene, OFC, 7N, single crystal and the names - golden fall, dragon tail, monkey delight, almost irresistible:)

To satisfy your curiousity - I do have quite a few, I use 2.5 balanced with all my IEMs.

I did get few impedance adapters and IEmatch - they actually helped me to arrive to an amazingly simple fact that with an ideal source - cables (as any purely resistive load) should not matter - the ideal source will deliver the same current/power to a transducer through higher voltage compensating for the resistance within its non-distorted voltage specs.

I do think I've wasted my money on few $30+ cables, so I would hope other can save their money for the sources and/or IEMs.

Now that I have satisfied your curiousity, please do tell what I could possibly miss based on the facts rather than hearing this "proverbial difference" between pure copper and spc :)
It's not just about measuring the cables themselves- heck, a cable that's not connected to a load acts like an antenna picking up interference that can be measured. If you want to measure something, measure the effects the cables have on different aspects of the resultant sound, that would be way more scientific

Last edited:
Aug 25, 2021 at 4:28 PM Post #59,661 of 103,509
@PhonoPhi it's all fine at first, until you accuse me of personal attacks (now I'm calling you out for it) and mocking me for my apparent lack of funds and purchase decisions. I may lack funds but have plentiful connections and opportunities. Mbl speaker systems, audeze lcd_4z, stax 009s, hifiman susvara, focal utopia, these are stuff I heard multiple times that I can name right off the bat

Aug 25, 2021 at 4:31 PM Post #59,662 of 103,509
It's not just about measuring the cables themselves- heck, a cable that's not connected to a load acts like an antenna picking up interference that can be measured. If you want to measure something, measure the effects the cables have on different aspects of the resultant sound, that would be way more scientific
Do not try " to invent" - "antenna", what others may need to measure, just stick with your pure pretense for the lack of any credible evidence.
I did more than enough to satisfy my curiousity and support my statements. I will be happy to run any well-defined experiments.
@PhonoPhi it's all fine at first, until you accuse me of personal attacks (now I'm calling you out for it) and mocking me for my apparent lack of funds and purchase decisions. I may lack funds but have plentiful connections and opportunities. Mbl speaker systems, audeze lcd_4z, stax 009s, hifiman susvara, focal utopia, these are stuff I heard multiple times that I can name right off the bat
I did not call any!
Do not try to get out of this easy pretending about any personal attacks. I had it few times with "cable supporters"

Last edited:
Aug 25, 2021 at 4:37 PM Post #59,663 of 103,509
Do not try " to invent" - "antenna", what others may need to measure, just stick with your pure pretense for the lack of any credible evidence.
I did more than enough to satisfy my curiousity and support my statements. I will be happy to run any well-defined experiments.
I did not call any!
Do not try to get put of this pretending on any personal attacks. I had it few times with "cable supporters"
Interesting how you generalise everyone who's not aligned with your philosophy as "cable supporters" (what is that, even?) and describe cable names as something "alluring" (aren't they simply a means of identification?)

*At least you admit the effects of resistance- said goldenfall cables and other well made, reasonably priced (because apparently peasants like me get them during sales) cables are right up your alley then? The goldenfalls by your way of measurement only measures 0.11ohms, courtesy of Rikudou's chart

Last edited:
Aug 25, 2021 at 4:42 PM Post #59,664 of 103,509

Although my subjective exposure to many different aftermarket cables (oftentimes costly) tells me that they can be meaningful and vary in how much they do, I don't think that you've missed anything specific :)

I will say though that running a legal operation with all associated upkeep and component costs often means far lower profits on $100 cables than many people might think :)

iFi audio Stay updated on iFi audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/people/IFi-audio/61558986775162/ https://twitter.com/ifiaudio https://www.instagram.com/ifiaudio/ https://ifi-audio.com/ https://www.youtube.com/@iFiaudiochannel comms@ifi-audio.com
Aug 25, 2021 at 4:59 PM Post #59,666 of 103,509
Interesting how you generalise everyone who's not aligned with your philosophy as "cable supporters" (what is that, even?) and describe cable names as something "alluring" (aren't they simply a means of identification?)

*At least you admit the effects of resistance- said goldenfall cables and other well made, reasonably priced (because apparently peasants like me get them during sales) cables are right up your alley then? The goldenfalls by your way of measurement only measures 0.11ohms, courtesy of Rikudou's chart
I may be "categorical" in a form of my statements, my apologies.
Great that you make an informed choice, and then some cables can look nice - I just wish to see some "semicredible" evidence to go for it.
Otherwise, I am just getting few C24s - good price, and I like their ergonomics the most (to the best of my limited listening abilities - resistance below 0.3-0.35 Ohm is not a factor in my chains).

P. S. Collecting, colour matching, colour therapy, exploring psychoacoustics (I could convince myself that blue cables sound best)) - whichever makes one happy based on informed choices :)

Last edited:
Aug 25, 2021 at 5:12 PM Post #59,667 of 103,509
What happened to the Discovery thread lately?? Geez man! Outta here!

Aug 25, 2021 at 5:41 PM Post #59,668 of 103,509
Off late it seems it would be easier to prove existence of God than discover anything new on this thread 😂😂😂

Aug 25, 2021 at 5:44 PM Post #59,669 of 103,509
I may be "categorical" in a form of my statements, my apologies.
Great that you make an informed choice, and then some cables can look nice - I just wish to see some "semicredible" evidence to go for it.
Otherwise, I am just getting few C24s - good price, and I like their ergonomics the most (to the best of my limited listening abilities - resistance below 0.3-0.35 Ohm is not a factor in my chains).

P. S. Collecting, colour matching, colour therapy, exploring psychoacoustics (I could convince myself that blue cables sound best)) - whichever makes one happy based on informed choices :)
Colour coordinated ones are the best! My golden cables sound best with red and gold BA10. Treble peaks are more controlled and mids are shimmering.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back