The discovery thread!
Aug 2, 2021 at 2:17 PM Post #58,711 of 102,459
somebody call guiness book of world records.

According to the nets the smallest country in the word is vatican city population 801
  1. Vatican City - 801
  2. Nauru – 10,824
  3. Tuvalu - 11,792
  4. Palau - 18,094
  5. San Marino - 33,931
  6. Liechtenstein - 38,128
  7. Monaco – 39,242
  8. Saint Kitts and Nevis – 53,199
  9. Marshall Islands – 59,190
  10. Dominica - 71,986
I bet audio here can give a set of earphones to each person in that country and they all can have high end audio in their ears. That is unreal. Lol.
Yes it's possible I have been collecting IEMs for more than a decade already.

Aug 2, 2021 at 2:22 PM Post #58,712 of 102,459
somebody call guiness book of world records.

According to the nets the smallest country in the word is vatican city population 801
  1. Vatican City - 801
  2. Nauru – 10,824
  3. Tuvalu - 11,792
  4. Palau - 18,094
  5. San Marino - 33,931
  6. Liechtenstein - 38,128
  7. Monaco – 39,242
  8. Saint Kitts and Nevis – 53,199
  9. Marshall Islands – 59,190
  10. Dominica - 71,986
I bet audio here can give a set of earphones to each person in that country and they all can have high end audio in their ears. That is unreal. Lol.

Just a sneak peek.

FB_IMG_1627922286198.jpg

I reckon I could see the Pope in the CA Solaris...

Aug 2, 2021 at 9:57 PM Post #58,714 of 102,459
Panther audio Aura D2X impression
The D2X is a musical yet engaging sounding IEMs that remind me a lot of the Penon ORB. Probably not as good as the bass performance on the ORB in term of texture and its rich tone, but the midrange is definitely a step up from the ORB, it’s clearer and with better detail retrieval and remaining that outstanding midrange tonality on the ORB (probably slightly softer and more texture on ORB), but a least for my preference, D2X is more versatile. And there is two tuning switches, that is really working! I will explain it in my full review.
E94A3EA8-6A1E-4BE5-B108-F8AC991889CA.jpeg

Aug 2, 2021 at 10:30 PM Post #58,715 of 102,459
Aug 2, 2021 at 10:34 PM Post #58,716 of 102,459
L

ah that’s interesting! You forgot BA15😂 I heard BA15 is decent, but price is just too…
The VX and BA15 all had quite frightening graphs. I hope they managed to drag in the guy who tuned the original V90 to work on this one. Even if it's graph was still a but much, it had a pretty pleasant sound signature. I just couldn't live with the shell design that put too much pressure on my ear and caused them to ache. I'd definitely be interested in these if the graphs look promising. I guess it's a good thing I didn't rush to purchase the FiiO FD3, then.

Aug 2, 2021 at 10:43 PM Post #58,717 of 102,459
The VX and BA15 all had quite frightening graphs. I hope they managed to drag in the guy who tuned the original V90 to work on this one. Even if it's graph was still a but much, it had a pretty pleasant sound signature. I just couldn't live with the shell design that put too much pressure on my ear and caused them to ache. I'd definitely be interested in these if the graphs look promising. I guess it's a good thing I didn't rush to purchase the FiiO FD3, then.
Actually I have VX, it’s V-shaped but acceptable from my standard, an OK Grade C IEM, not as harsh as NM2+.

I’m more concerned if they still using that KZ30095 tweeters, if so I’m out..no need more edgy 30095 spikes. KZ recently got away from their KZ spikes and stopped using 30095, 30019 is the new tweeter units.

I guess X7 is a direct competition offering to KZ ZAS(7BA+1DD XUN), which uses 30019+50024sx6+1DD(Xun). As ZAS goes around 60-70USD, X7 should fall somewhere nearby.

I will receive KZ ZAS in a week or so, and if TRN is using similar 30019+50024s, I may order one for comparison. TRN has ex-Audio Technica engineer so I do hope they tune X7 to a good rivalry of ZAS.

Aug 2, 2021 at 11:07 PM Post #58,719 of 102,459
Aug 2, 2021 at 11:48 PM Post #58,720 of 102,459
Actually I have VX, it’s V-shaped but acceptable from my standard, an OK Grade C IEM, not as harsh as NM2+.

I’m more concerned if they still using that KZ30095 tweeters, if so I’m out..no need more edgy 30095 spikes. KZ recently got away from their KZ spikes and stopped using 30095, 30019 is the new tweeter units.

I guess X7 is a direct competition offering to KZ ZAS(7BA+1DD XUN), which uses 30019+50024sx6+1DD(Xun). As ZAS goes around 60-70USD, X7 should fall somewhere nearby.

I will receive KZ ZAS in a week or so, and if TRN is using similar 30019+50024s, I may order one for comparison. TRN has ex-Audio Technica engineer so I do hope they tune X7 to a good rivalry of ZAS.

I had a loaner unit for the TRN VX and BA8. They both had good technicalities, but were too shouty at the upper mids and lower treble for me. The BA8's graph in particular was very scary, but of course graphs don't tell the full story. I had to use micropore mods or EQ with these 2 sets to do longer listening sessions.

KJryLGK.jpg
TRN BA8 graph courtesy of KopiOKaya (IEC711 compliant coupler). 8 – 9 kHZ area is probably a resonance peak.

The TRN BA8 has a ~ 15 dB jump from lower mids to upper mids. Graphs don't lie on some aspects, on actually listening, this gives the BA8 a hollow lower mids and somewhat shouty upper mids, quite a bad combo!

FWTb005.jpg
TRN VX graph, courtesy of KopiOKaya (IEC711 compliant coupler). 8 kHZ area is probably a resonance peak.

Of the 2, TRN VX is okay, it is still better than BA8 in my book, due to the VX being cheaper and doesn't have such a sharp pinna gain. But it is still a bright set for sure, good for trebleheads.

My main beef with these 2 sets is that at their release price, they are not competitive -> TRN VX was around $90ish USD at launch, BA8 was around $140ish USD at launch. At those price brackets, there are better tuned stuff and more established contenders. I guess if these 2 sets were at the sub $50 range, people are more forgiving, but near the $100ish mark, I do think consumers will be more picky in sound, and there are big boys to compete with.

One other bugbear, the accessories provided for these 2 TRN higher end sets were quite disgraceful -> a couple of tips and a tangly cable (that is seen in most of the budget TRN sets). TRN BA8 added a $3 USD hard round case to give it some semblance of royalty for a then flagship release. I've seen sub $50 sets with even better accessories than these 2.

wRS2fzc.jpg
TRN BA8's accessories in all their splendour (for a $140ish USD then flagship). The round hardcase is $3 USD on Aliexpress.

But then again, nothing beats the TRN Golden Ears at $15000 USD hahaha:
Capture1.PNG

I've not tried the TRN BA15, but it looks pretty pricey at $240ish USD and the reviews on it seem lukewarm.

Maybe I'm being very hard on TRN, but CHIFI has really evolved in recent years, and it is not enough to just stuff a lot of drivers in a shell and attract folks with a higher driver count IEM. I really hope the TRN X7 can be a good set though, more good releases are always welcome, so that we have more choices!

Aug 3, 2021 at 12:24 AM Post #58,721 of 102,459
I had a loaner unit for the TRN VX and BA8. They both had good technicalities, but were too shouty at the upper mids and lower treble for me. The BA8's graph in particular was very scary, but of course graphs don't tell the full story. I had to use micropore mods or EQ with these 2 sets to do longer listening sessions.

KJryLGK.jpg
TRN BA8 graph courtesy of KopiOKaya (IEC711 compliant coupler). 8 – 9 kHZ area is probably a resonance peak.

The TRN BA8 has a ~ 15 dB jump from lower mids to upper mids. Graphs don't lie on some aspects, on actually listening, this gives the BA8 a hollow lower mids and somewhat shouty upper mids, quite a bad combo!

FWTb005.jpg
TRN VX graph, courtesy of KopiOKaya (IEC711 compliant coupler). 8 kHZ area is probably a resonance peak.

Of the 2, TRN VX is okay, it is still better than BA8 in my book, due to the VX being cheaper and doesn't have such a sharp pinna gain. But it is still a bright set for sure, good for trebleheads.

My main beef with these 2 sets is that at their release price, they are not competitive -> TRN VX was around $90ish USD at launch, BA8 was around $140ish USD at launch. At those price brackets, there are better tuned stuff and more established contenders. I guess if these 2 sets were at the sub $50 range, people are more forgiving, but near the $100ish mark, I do think consumers will be more picky in sound, and there are big boys to compete with.

One other bugbear, the accessories provided for these 2 TRN higher end sets were quite disgraceful -> a couple of tips and a tangly cable (that is seen in most of the budget TRN sets). TRN BA8 added a $3 USD hard round case to give it some semblance of royalty for a then flagship release. I've seen sub $50 sets with even better accessories than these 2.

wRS2fzc.jpg
TRN BA8's accessories in all their splendour (for a $140ish USD then flagship). The round hardcase is $3 USD on Aliexpress.

But then again, nothing beats the TRN Golden Ears at $15000 USD hahaha:
Capture1.PNG

I've not tried the TRN BA15, but it looks pretty pricey at $240ish USD and the reviews on it seem lukewarm.

Maybe I'm being very hard on TRN, but CHIFI has really evolved in recent years, and it is not enough to just stuff a lot of drivers in a shell and attract folks with a higher driver count IEM. I really hope the TRN X7 can be a good set though, more good releases are always welcome, so that we have more choices!
Hey I just got the BA15 but let me give it some burnin time first.

Spoiler alert: yeah it might be too bright for a lot of people lmao

Aug 3, 2021 at 7:19 AM Post #58,722 of 102,459

Wait a minute. Are you referring to Anole VX? If yes, I disagree strongly.

Aug 3, 2021 at 7:33 AM Post #58,723 of 102,459
Aug 3, 2021 at 7:58 AM Post #58,724 of 102,459
Managed to try the Elysian X. The Elysian X comes with the Liquid Links Venom cable. I have high expectations for it but I can't say I am impressed after listening. To sum it up briefly, the Elysian is a very competent IEM in the technical aspect. The bass is extended well with good rumble. The midrange is rather clean. Male vocals have reduced presence and body which can sound hollow at times. Female vocals are forward and clear. The treble has excellent extension with good sense of air. The soundstage is the biggest disappointment for me as the width is just average which is not really acceptable for an IEM with this price tag (4500 USD) but the depth is good. Overall, I have mixed feelings. I neither like nor hate this IEM. It is rather safe sounding and there is simply no wow factor for me. Looking forward to see what others think. Enjoy & Happy Listening, as always. Cheers! :)

IMG_20210803_193347_893.jpg

Last edited:
Aug 3, 2021 at 8:48 AM Post #58,725 of 102,459
Wait a minute. Are you referring to Anole VX? If yes, I disagree strongly.
We were talking about TRN’s VX haha. Anole VX is a different story. Anole VX is S+ grade with superb technicalities, the tuning is so delicate, sound is like a glass sculpture, transparent and so fragile.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back