The discovery thread!
Jul 30, 2021 at 3:22 PM Post #58,607 of 101,469
May I ask, why GK10 the sub bass only B+. other iems A minimum... is it lacking of quantity or quality ? thanks
Within the realm of Grade-A, GK10 falls short in tonality, the earth-shaking full rumble, the atmospheric vibration, isn't what could be described to GK10's sub-bass.

The scores under Tone Column are about tuning/tonality, and scores under "Tech" column are about quality/ technicalities.

But B+ is already good enough in this context it's 77 to 79 in the grading.
1627672797951.png

Here is a traditional sub$50's charts if you can take a look:

1627672905646.png

Last edited:
Jul 30, 2021 at 3:25 PM Post #58,608 of 101,469

Audio Technica is mainly grade-B in terms of IEMs, for full-size cans they make good ATH series that could hit grade A, I've tried many of their full-size headphones, and CK series IEMs, the lower price range IEMS are mostly tuned to Japanese V-shape, suitable for J-POPs. Their IEMs do not possess outstanding capabilities to compete with modern IEMs IMO though("Good, OK" but not "Wow")

Actually, Audio Technica's headquarter is near my Japanese residence, Machida-City, Kanagawa-Province, I also have Japanese residence in Kanagawa, so it's a very local and globally famous audio company (for full-size cans at least)
Interesting and somewhat expected, i think they have a fundamental quality (sound ideas, competence, professionalism etc) that have still unknown potential to me, what influences your rating of them i think is that they are compromising and maybe you can confirm, i think or what should be well-known is that they tend to bring voices nearer (Japanese v) to varying degrees throughout their line-up but also that they tend to be more present in general, (more music, sounds) if that makes sense, in turn less air or however they choose to compromise in the treble, they don't recess all they should before the treble and let it revolve around the treble that revolves around your "Soundstage". Ofcourse they do to compromising degree which lets them score B for you and F for me, see i have two speeds so far, very forward sound with recessed treble that brings it's own details plus a coherence which is only natural and possible with headphones (old m50, q40, Sennheiser but with happiness or excitement not dull or dark, veiled as it is), the other is a very detailed headphone coming from that "in the treble" and that's all it could be (i guess hd800 etc), i guess the third speed would be a correct "Soundstage" headphone and not just endless variations in that sound for me, correct not flavour.. maybe if i recognise that it would score A+ for you :)

Jul 30, 2021 at 3:30 PM Post #58,609 of 101,469
Within the realm of Grade-A, GK10 falls short in tonality, the earth-shaking full rumble, the atmospheric vibration, isn't what could be described to GK10's sub-bass.

1627672797951.png

1627672905646.png
That's a very good and effective way to help people choose, organised. Well done.

Jul 30, 2021 at 3:36 PM Post #58,610 of 101,469
That's a very good and effective way to help people choose, organised. Well done.
Have all IEMs on the same scale, based on the subjective perception, of course, is my life-work, and I'm filling those charts for all IEMs on my hand (except a total junk which I don't even feel enough motivated to have my hands-on) :)

Jul 30, 2021 at 3:56 PM Post #58,611 of 101,469
Have all IEMs on the same scale, based on the subjective perception, of course, is my life-work, and I'm filling those charts for all IEMs on my hand (except a total junk which I don't even feel enough motivated to have my hands-on) :)
As you should.. i wish i could visit stores and test all headphones and rank their qualities and explain some things to people so they could jump between them considering price brackets with trustworthiness, transparency, consistency etc and ofcourse find my best headphone and it's dac/amp etc as i will, god willing. At that point I'd be in a different, custom league of sound and build quality, perfect.

Jul 30, 2021 at 4:09 PM Post #58,612 of 101,469
The scores under Tone Column are about tuning/tonality, and scores under "Tech" column are about quality/ technicalities.
Hey, I wondering where can I find a whole list of your stuff in that format.
Is there any site or a platform, or you just forming it on the fly every time?

Jul 30, 2021 at 6:13 PM Post #58,613 of 101,469
Wow just got my m50X, my previous post was about old m50, this one is crap, completely different to the original. Pinche headphone
Anyone know a forward midrange based recessed treble but happy sound (not dull or boring, tho I would take that now instead of dis ex) with non disjointed bass. Voices preferably forward and No "ch" and "s" sounds please, no delicate thin treble either nor rounded off exaggerated low midrange. Anyone heard the q40? Like that, that headphone was sweet. I don't mind congested soundstage or before treble harshness. Maybe my sound is like apple buds but more "exciting", more detailed. I also listen at higher volumes. Major thanks to whoever pro/champ knows that sound in a headphone, bought 5 in a year and it's getting pricey and am collecting different "colors" of what i hate.

HarmonicDyne Zeus

harmonicdyne-zeus-grills.jpg

Jul 30, 2021 at 10:03 PM Post #58,615 of 101,469
Hey, I wondering where can I find a whole list of your stuff in that format.
Is there any site or a platform, or you just forming it on the fly every time?
I haven’t finished yet so, it’s still private. Will publish with google documents once I feel comfortable releasing it. But I can send a la carte charts though if it’s populated.

Jul 30, 2021 at 10:50 PM Post #58,616 of 101,469
May I ask, why sub bass only B+. other iems A minimum... is it lacking of quantity or quality ? thanks

1627672797951.png

1627672905646.png
thanks for the tables

Jul 30, 2021 at 11:24 PM Post #58,617 of 101,469
Find it on Facebook
I have no idea what i'm looking at or what's expected to be seen? How about some information to go along with the neat pictures?

Jul 30, 2021 at 11:26 PM Post #58,618 of 101,469
After the wildly popular H40, ISN recently released their flagship EST50 which has a driver configuration of 2 EST + 2 BA + 1 DD. It has an extremely musical sound. The bass is deep and robust. Impact is brought out well. The midrange is lush and focused. Vocals are rendered in the most emotional way possible. The treble is airy and extended but at the same time, it has a high level of finesse to prevent any sibilance/harshness. The soundstage is very open with more emphasis in the width. For those who are familiar with the H40, the EST50 brings a new level of refinement and I am sure this will set a new benchmark like the H40. Highly recommended. Enjoy & Happy Listening, as always. :)

IMG_20210731_111113_755.jpg

Jul 31, 2021 at 2:00 AM Post #58,619 of 101,469
After the wildly popular H40, ISN recently released their flagship EST50 which has a driver configuration of 2 EST + 2 BA + 1 DD. It has an extremely musical sound. The bass is deep and robust. Impact is brought out well. The midrange is lush and focused. Vocals are rendered in the most emotional way possible. The treble is airy and extended but at the same time, it has a high level of finesse to prevent any sibilance/harshness. The soundstage is very open with more emphasis in the width. For those who are familiar with the H40, the EST50 brings a new level of refinement and I am sure this will set a new benchmark like the H40. Highly recommended. Enjoy & Happy Listening, as always. :)

IMG_20210731_111113_755.jpg
Hi @audio123 any chance for you to try other cables? What type of cables does match well?

TIA

Jul 31, 2021 at 4:46 AM Post #58,620 of 101,469
I haven’t finished yet so, it’s still private. Will publish with google documents once I feel comfortable releasing it. But I can send a la carte charts though if it’s populated.
Nice, I hope you find your time soon!
It looks too good to keep it from us :wink:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back