The discovery thread!
Jul 7, 2021 at 9:24 PM Post #57,526 of 102,515
In which price rang does the sound fall in? Under $100? Or Under $200? Or is it very good under $50 but cannot compete at $100?
The sound is crazy good for the price. Even at their open box sound I was gonna say they sound better than most $100ish earphones I would say they are on a similar level as the Spring 2 by BQEYZ which is if you think about it quite the accomplishment as those cost $170 right now. I really cant get over how good they sound for the price.

The heart shaped shell though. Lol. It is an acquired taste and the packaging is definitely budget fi but again the sound is remarkable. Well worth a boot for folks that want a cheap, not good sounding but great sounding tribrid. These would make a perfect gift for a loved one in your life or to introduce them to nicer sounding stuff for not that much.
Piezos are the cheapman ESTs. And they need burn in that is the crazy thing they barely got a nights worth of music playing on them..

Jul 7, 2021 at 9:50 PM Post #57,527 of 102,515
Driver flex? Yeah, a tiny bit.
Interesting. Of all the IEM's I've tried, my GD7B is the only one I haven't experienced driver flex on. I guess it's one of those YMMV situations. The driver flex on my TRI Starseas and CCA CKX have been pretty significant, especially so when using silicone tips. I've gotten very good at pressing them against one side of my ear canal to create a small gap on one side to allow air to escape during insertion, but it's still an annoyance. I do like the GD7B with Monster Audio Supertips (gel and foams) and some of the large-bore foams, but I keep going back to their stock tips for how well they let them seat into my ears. I do think with the sets that have more than two sound tubes, you'll really need to stick to large bore tips to keep from interfering with them and impacting the resolution of the set. Interested to hear how things develop with your sets.

Jul 7, 2021 at 10:58 PM Post #57,528 of 102,515
These cought my eye on Ali because they look good: https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1005002276680238.html?mp=1

plu.png

Jul 8, 2021 at 1:42 AM Post #57,529 of 102,515
Jul 8, 2021 at 3:52 AM Post #57,531 of 102,515
GS Audio GD11 Impressions:

Same warning as on the GD3A, it is ventless and does have pressure build-up as well as slight driver flex.

graph (12).png
Bass: Very similar to the GD3A except with a lot lower quantity so it sounds cleaner but more boring to me. (wouldn’t be surprised if they have the same DD.)

Mids: Female vocals are forward vocals when needed, otherwise neutral. While male vocals are more neutral as well as lacking warmth and thickness. Has a monitor sound to it (similar to the LZ A7 on monitor mode) but also BA timbre, which doesn’t sound very natural to me.

Treble: this is the weak area; it isn’t tuned well… it has too little pinna gain and rolls-off after 4.5k. The end result is a somewhat unclean treble despite the flat bass. With it leaning towards brightness because of the lack of bass but also lacking air in the upper-treble. I don’t get the point of this treble tuning… (going from the GD3A to the GD11 makes the GD11 sound UNCLEAN…)

Overall: Bass = no complains, mids = some BA timbre but still pretty ok, treble =…..what happened???

This might need EQ to fix the treble…because as it is right now, I can’t rec it. Even its strong point, the mids (vocals) loses against the GD3A due to it having BA timbre…what’s the point of having a “reference” tuning, if it has unnatural timbre…

(FIY; I had massive expectations for it, so that might make this impression sound…too harsh, but we shall see what my conclusion on the GD11 is after I am done with the review, but the GD3A is first up.)
So a little bit like the GT8 then... Bass = Incredible, Mids = nice details and separation, Treble = uhhh some obvious peaks and sibilance. They strongly recomended me a silver cable for better control of the treble region so maybe you can try that on the GD11 too? I'm waiting for my cable for now

Jul 8, 2021 at 5:57 AM Post #57,532 of 102,515
1625662786940.png

Geek Wold not to confuse with World but Wold. Model called GK10.
Got a set of these last night. Specs
Geek Wold GK10 1BA + 2 Piezoelectric + 2 Dynamic 5 Drivers Hybrid HiFi In-ear Earphone

Specification

Model: GK10
Driver configuration:
1 balanced armature for high frequency
2 piezoelectric ceramic for ultra-high frequency
7mm graphene diaphragm dynamic for middle frequency
8mm dome titanium diaphragm dynamic for bass
Panel: stable wood
Shell material: ABS+PC
Impedance: 8Ω
Sensitivity: 106dB
Frequency response range: 20-30kHz
Cable material: 6-strand silver-plated
Connector: 2pin 0.78mm
Cable length: 1.2m

If the shells look a bit wonky that is because they are in the shape of an angled heart. Can't say it isn't an original shape for the design. It is suprisingly smaller in shape for housing and very comfortable. It houses 5 drivers including 2 full medium sized dynamics in the same housing. I had no idea what that cost was gonna be or really have I looked at the specs or what drivers are all included and I started listening to these..

From recollection their previous budget offering wasn't recieved all that well in the community. Ended up being passed over by most. Folks these cost $45!!

Well it don't matter if the sound is not good right? These things sounds like a cross between the BQEYZ Spring 2 and the new ISN EST50. Sure they aren't as refined as the two mentioned but all parts of the sounds are there from the deepest rumbly bass to the highest upper treble notes. Surprised and shocked I thought these would go for over $100 as that was what I was hearing and even then it would have been compelling at that price but for $45?
You want to talk about a perfect beater phone. I threw on one of my nicer SPC cables and a set of ePro horn tips and these things will leave a bit of shock n awe at what you can buy sub $50 spot. Heck the cheap cable I am using with this thing cost more than these.

They look a bit generic and a bit toy like but the sound is surprising even shocking. Have you ever wondered what would happen if you took some cheaper drivers in the capable hands of a master tuner and had them tuned to best of their ability for a sub $50 spot?

This is essentially the GK10. These have to be the cheapest tribrids which include dual dynamics both being highly regarded in the industry titanium plated for deep bass graphene for mids, BA for treble and 2 piezos for upper trebles.... FOR $45!

I have been surprised by this hobby and then there is this thing. Look past how they look.. The sound is remarkable for the price. I think these guys might have taken to heart their last offering and actually made a heart shaped earphone with absolutely the best they could do with the drivers they are using. I will have more to say about this once I get more burn in time. Very surprised with this one.
just one question @Dsnuts
If you didn't know their price at all..in what price category would you say those belong to???? Very curious about your opinion...

Jul 8, 2021 at 6:16 AM Post #57,533 of 102,515
The sound is crazy good for the price. Even at their open box sound I was gonna say they sound better than most $100ish earphones I would say they are on a similar level as the Spring 2 by BQEYZ which is if you think about it quite the accomplishment as those cost $170 right now. I really cant get over how good they sound for the price.

The heart shaped shell though. Lol. It is an acquired taste and the packaging is definitely budget fi but again the sound is remarkable. Well worth a boot for folks that want a cheap, not good sounding but great sounding tribrid. These would make a perfect gift for a loved one in your life or to introduce them to nicer sounding stuff for not that much.
Piezos are the cheapman ESTs. And they need burn in that is the crazy thing they barely got a nights worth of music playing on them..
@alexandros a he already replied here.

Jul 8, 2021 at 7:00 AM Post #57,534 of 102,515
@RikudouGoku did you see SE8, SE11 and SE12?
SE12 has similar TSMR design, but SE11 has DD and SE8 would be similato to SE12, did you get some info about them?

GS AUDIO SE8.jpg
GS AUDIO SE8 graph.jpg

GS AUDIO SE11.jpg
GS AUDIO SE11 graph.jpg

GS AUDIO SE12.jpg
GS AUDIO SE12 graph.jpg

Jul 8, 2021 at 7:20 AM Post #57,535 of 102,515
Interesting. Of all the IEM's I've tried, my GD7B is the only one I haven't experienced driver flex on. I guess it's one of those YMMV situations. The driver flex on my TRI Starseas and CCA CKX have been pretty significant, especially so when using silicone tips. I've gotten very good at pressing them against one side of my ear canal to create a small gap on one side to allow air to escape during insertion, but it's still an annoyance. I do like the GD7B with Monster Audio Supertips (gel and foams) and some of the large-bore foams, but I keep going back to their stock tips for how well they let them seat into my ears. I do think with the sets that have more than two sound tubes, you'll really need to stick to large bore tips to keep from interfering with them and impacting the resolution of the set. Interested to hear how things develop with your sets.
I usually dont get driver flex, it only happens with a few of my iems.

As for the sound tube thing, yes, it is tip sensitive and I do believe the sound bores are the reason for that. I am using the Elecom EHP-CAP20 though, so they are on the more narrow side but not as narrow as something like the Final Type E.

So a little bit like the GT8 then... Bass = Incredible, Mids = nice details and separation, Treble = uhhh some obvious peaks and sibilance. They strongly recomended me a silver cable for better control of the treble region so maybe you can try that on the GD11 too? I'm waiting for my cable for now
In the GD11, its not peaky or sibilant or anything like that. It simply lacks too much treble...

EQ will fix it not a damn cable...

Jul 8, 2021 at 7:22 AM Post #57,536 of 102,515
@RikudouGoku did you see SE8, SE11 and SE12?
SE12 has similar TSMR design, but SE11 has DD and SE8 would be similato to SE12, did you get some info about them?

GS AUDIO SE8.jpgGS AUDIO SE8 graph.jpg

GS AUDIO SE11.jpgGS AUDIO SE11 graph.jpg

GS AUDIO SE12.jpgGS AUDIO SE12 graph.jpg
I havent asked for more info on them. They are very friendly, so if there is something you want to know, you can just ask them directly through their Ali store.

Jul 8, 2021 at 9:02 AM Post #57,537 of 102,515
Size comparison between the Audiosense DT200, GS Audio GD3A and the Fiio FH3:

20210708_145820.jpg

20210708_145903.jpg

20210708_145921.jpg

20210708_145945.jpg

Jul 8, 2021 at 9:04 AM Post #57,538 of 102,515
@alexandros a he already replied here.
Yeah.....
I am trying right now to save some cash for ISN EST50 and distractions like this one right now.. doesn't help much.... ..
I know.... the price is ridiculously low but again..... God help me....my wife gonna shoot me any time soon.....

Jul 8, 2021 at 9:45 AM Post #57,539 of 102,515
IEM mark ups is for real.

Can't decide which one of these I prefer. Both sound stupid good for their price points the SG-01 here being $5 cheaper. Will have more to say about these after some run in but for now. Surprised and surprised some more. Sometimes I forget just how good budget fi really is. Not all that different from mid fi stuff.
Of course after they read that they made the monthly coupon promo $6 off the Geek Wold. :)

Jul 8, 2021 at 9:46 AM Post #57,540 of 102,515
Yeah.....
I am trying right now to save some cash for ISN EST50 and distractions like this one right now.. doesn't help much.... ..
I know.... the price is ridiculously low but again..... God help me....my wife gonna shoot me any time soon.....

Ah but we can keep it as a little secret here. Your wife doesn't need to know hahaha. IEMs are much easier to conceal than full sized headphones.

NOBODY RAT US OUT!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back