The discovery thread!
Jun 29, 2021 at 3:20 PM Post #57,376 of 106,565
The QT-9 is great, but maybe would be a bit redundant with your Land?
Frankly, if the QT9 Mk2 has a similar presentation like Land, I would like to keep it as the insane value for money it is. It'll be a nice change of taste occasionally.

Jun 29, 2021 at 3:37 PM Post #57,377 of 106,565
Frankly, if the QT9 Mk2 has a similar presentation like Land, I would like to keep it as the insane value for money it is. It'll be a nice change of taste occasionally.
It’s definitely an excellent price/performance, goes toe to toe with the LZ A7 and exceeds it in some ways for $100 less, and the A7 is itself a superb value.

Jun 29, 2021 at 3:44 PM Post #57,378 of 106,565
It’s definitely an excellent price/performance, goes toe to toe with the LZ A7 and exceeds it in some ways for $100 less, and the A7 is itself a superb value.
Well, you mentioned that the midrange is more open sounding than 3DT, and stage is wider, separation is better. That by itself captured my attention. How is the depth and height of stage? Similar, or better than 3DT?

Jun 29, 2021 at 3:45 PM Post #57,379 of 106,565
Well, you mentioned that the midrange is more open sounding than 3DT, and stage is wider, separation is better. That by itself captured my attention. How is the depth and height of stage? Similar, or better than 3DT?
About the same, but as I said an airier presentation so it feels subjectively larger than it is.

Jun 29, 2021 at 3:56 PM Post #57,380 of 106,565
About the same, but as I said an airier presentation so it feels subjectively larger than it is.
Yeah...words like these keep pushing me to QT9 Mk2. Dammit, I'll buy that, will buy ST8B later one some day...

On another note, has anyone here tried the Copplinn Sound Alula? 6 mm Liquid Silicone Diaphragm single DD, cherry wood housing.

Jun 29, 2021 at 7:12 PM Post #57,381 of 106,565
Sadly I couldn't find anything much apart from tons of positive reviews on Amazon.jp Jpride is a beginner audiophile brand in Japan which prices of their IEMs usually hovering under ¥30000 and they have V-shaped signature. Don't know how much will it help you but I hope it does.
Damn. Well, thanks for the answering, that means a lot on its own.

Jun 29, 2021 at 9:44 PM Post #57,382 of 106,565
DSC08246.JPG
Loftys look premium. Seems NiceHCK been taking their time with this one.

Out of the box they sound a bit muffled hence beryllium drivers. Coated or not need burn in so off to get some drum n bass going on will revisit a few hours after the drivers gets some work out. I am impressed by the original design here though and I can tell they threw on a nice cable on these. Will be back with some more thoughts.

Jun 29, 2021 at 11:30 PM Post #57,384 of 106,565
DSC08246.JPG
Loftys look premium. Seems NiceHCK been taking their time with this one.

Out of the box they sound a bit muffled hence beryllium drivers. Coated or not need burn in so off to get some drum n bass going on will revisit a few hours after the drivers gets some work out. I am impressed by the original design here though and I can tell they threw on a nice cable on these. Will be back with some more thoughts.
Put on Panda Eyes' album Kiko on repeat and leave them for a day. Should loosen them up quite nicely. It's basically what I did for my GD7B to get the DD to play nicely with the BAs.

Jun 30, 2021 at 12:20 AM Post #57,385 of 106,565
Ya these clearly need burn in there is no question. But the sound has some potential even out of the box. I am liking the sound balancing at least. It does sound like beryllium or at least elements of it. I would imagine these are closer in ability/ possibly better tuned version of KB EARs believe more than my Luna. In any case I can't really tell how they sound like as the sound needs to open up. At this stage I can tell the sound is tonally off slightly compressed sounding. Not too worried about that actually. Looking forward to hearing these tomorrow.

They have Beryllium bass that's for certain. Listening to Bassnectar Reaching Out. Bass end sounds great. Back on the burn. A few hours of burn in did nothing here will see where this one goes.

Last edited:
Jun 30, 2021 at 2:38 AM Post #57,387 of 106,565
Ya these clearly need burn in there is no question. But the sound has some potential even out of the box. I am liking the sound balancing at least. It does sound like beryllium or at least elements of it. I would imagine these are closer in ability/ possibly better tuned version of KB EARs believe more than my Luna. In any case I can't really tell how they sound like as the sound needs to open up. At this stage I can tell the sound is tonally off slightly compressed sounding. Not too worried about that actually. Looking forward to hearing these tomorrow.

They have Beryllium bass that's for certain. Listening to Bassnectar Reaching Out. Bass end sounds great. Back on the burn. A few hours of burn in did nothing here will see where this one goes.
I suspect the amount of burn-in necessary will depend a lot on whether they've plated the entire diaphragm with beryllium or if they've only done the central dome like they do with some of the larger titanium drivers. If they've done the whole thing, it'll take quite a while to loosen up. If they've left it a more flexible surround, then it should take less time.

Jun 30, 2021 at 3:49 AM Post #57,388 of 106,565
I suspect the amount of burn-in necessary will depend a lot on whether they've plated the entire diaphragm with beryllium or if they've only done the central dome like they do with some of the larger titanium drivers. If they've done the whole thing, it'll take quite a while to loosen up. If they've left it a more flexible surround, then it should take less time.

It's supposed to be pure Be diaphragms, not coated ones. I have one of them puppies in transit.

Jun 30, 2021 at 4:02 AM Post #57,389 of 106,565
It's supposed to be pure Be diaphragms, not coated ones. I have one of them puppies in transit.

Wow if they are pure beryllium diaphragms, there aren't many at this price range. The cheapest purported pure Beryllium ones were the KBEAR BElieve and Periodic Audio BE. At the higher price range were luminaries such as the SummitFI Final Audio A8000 and DUNU LUNA.

Last edited:
Jun 30, 2021 at 4:55 AM Post #57,390 of 106,565
Oh yeah, I forgot about that. I wonder if they're using a different material for a surround. Beryllium is quite rigid, so I'd be concerned about it actually flexing well as a surround material otherwise. I miss the ridiculous amount of information that you get when browsing sites like meniscus audio, madisound, or parts-express for raw loudspeaker drivers. You just don't get that when you're dealing with IEMs or earphone drivers and it's a bit distressing when you're a geek about these kinds of things.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back