The discovery thread!
Jun 25, 2021 at 11:50 AM Post #57,241 of 102,440
Jun 25, 2021 at 12:41 PM Post #57,242 of 102,440
I think at this point I'll just wait for my GD7B to come in so I can test shell fit, and hopefully GS Audio will list their EST equipped IEMs soon.
You should thank W-easy store for saving you money lol

Jun 25, 2021 at 2:17 PM Post #57,243 of 102,440
I think at this point I'll just wait for my GD7B to come in so I can test shell fit, and hopefully GS Audio will list their EST equipped IEMs soon.
Well, I just got the GT8 5 mins ago (and some other random IEMs) and maybe I won't have time to listen to them today (more than 15 minutes), first impressions:
-They are really loud lol.
- I loved my NX7 PRO and was looking for something with less and faster bass and same or better mid-high and high control (I do listen a lot of genres but mainly metal), and it seems these are the ones for me.
-Details and clarity are great.
-Soundstage feels wide, maybe not that tall right now, nice depth (but maybe a little bit too much for my liking). Imaging it's something I have some trouble describing but it's definitely better than the NX7 PRO
-They sound a little bit harsh right now so some burnin might be needed (I usually like to listen to them while they´re burnin so I can listen how they change over time and day by day, so it will take a while).
-Maybe not that flat (I think comparing the GT8 graph with some other GS Audio IEMs these have a little more bass).
-I will probably need some better tips since my right ear its smaller and the fit is not the same as my left ear, but the fit on my good ear (left) is great.
-They look amaziiiing!
-Quality build, resin feels smooth like my Audiosense AQ3
Now, to the gym I go. Hope everyone is having a nice day/night.:v:

Jun 25, 2021 at 2:21 PM Post #57,244 of 102,440
Jun 25, 2021 at 3:54 PM Post #57,245 of 102,440
Well I've gone and done it now.
I've taken a gamble and ordered the GT2 and GT12 from GS audio. After some research and deliberation I've decided to pull the trigger on them. I've asked for the faceplate of the SD7 on the GT12 as I think it looks a lot better.

But yeah, now the wait begins :grin:
I do love the faceplate of the SD7 as well, though I'm also quite fond of the mica flecked granite effect on the GT12. If the fit of the shells to my ears is comfortable, I can definitely say I'll be throwing more money their direction in the not too distant future.

Jun 25, 2021 at 4:01 PM Post #57,246 of 102,440
Well, I just got the GT8 5 mins ago (and some other random IEMs) and maybe I won't have time to listen to them today (more than 15 minutes), first impressions:
- I loved my NX7 PRO and was looking for something with less and faster bass and same or better mid-high and high control (I do listen a lot of genres but mainly metal), and it seems these are the ones for me.
-Soundstage feels wide, maybe not that tall right now, nice depth (but maybe a little bit too much for my liking). Imaging it's something I have some trouble describing but it's definitely better than the NX7 PRO
-They sound a little bit harsh right now so some burnin might be needed (I usually like to listen to them while they´re burnin so I can listen how they change over time and day by day, so it will take a while).
-Maybe not that flat (I think comparing the GT8 graph with some other GS Audio IEMs these have a little more bass).
-I will probably need some better tips since my right ear its smaller and the fit is not the same as my left ear, but the fit on my good ear (left) is great.
-They look amaziiiing!
I feel that the GS Audio stuff could work wonderfully with the FiiO LC-BT2, since they're so sensitive and such low impedance IEMs that it should be able to drive them quite nicely.

Jun 25, 2021 at 4:03 PM Post #57,247 of 102,440
Uh-oh, thanks to not being familiar with the name of that store, I ordered iem's from them a few days ago too.
Head-Fi's policy of sensoring these banned sellers names doesn't help us avoid them at all. How the hell are we supposed to recognise the names of dodgy vendors when we never get to see them?
Flag them with a skull and crossbones or something instead of just asterisking them out, then I'd have been better appraised of the risk.
We can't even name them to warn others!
I've been a member here for years, and follow many threads, but I still wasn't aware that this store was problematic 😤.
Are they bad enough that I should just cancel my order?

Good luck with getting satisfaction @GlobalJ, hope I get the Focus EDM I ordered.
It wouldn't be a good advice telling you to cancel right away but watch out. When I face with such a situation, I immediately inform AE customer service and ask them to cancel it. Because if you cancel, you'll lose your discounts etc as the responsibility on you. During 11.11 I pushed AE to cancel but I didn't get any compensation. However this time they told me to cancel on my own by choosing the option 'product is out of stock'. They told me that this affect the seller reputation. I hope so.

The problem with malicious seller is that they might not send you package and try to cheat by putting a fake tracking number, wouldn't be surprising one day you check the order and it says delivered. You can't prove that easily and end up with losing your money. There are plenty of buyers faced such a situation.

Additionally, you might have a unit with QC problems and the seller might tell you to ship it back to repair but the cost will be on you... So you'll end up spending with more money while you tried to save buying from a seller on AE.

If you somehow encounter with a malicious seller then good luck. AE s... at helping so it's pretty important from whom you buy if it's a big amount of money you pay. I purchased plenty of things so far encountered three times though. There are really good understanding sellers like NiceHCK Audio Store for example.

Btw there's another NiceHCK Official Store. I asked and they confirmed that both are the same. I don't know what's the reason opening a new one though...

Last edited:
Jun 25, 2021 at 4:16 PM Post #57,248 of 102,440
It wouldn't be a good advice telling you to cancel right away but watch out. When I face with such a situation, I immediately inform AE customer service and ask them to cancel it. Because if you cancel, you'll lose your discounts etc as the responsibility on you. During 11.11 I pushed AE to cancel but I didn't get any compensation. However this time they told me to cancel on my own by choosing the option 'product is out of stock'. They told me that this affect the seller reputation. I hope so.

The problem with malicious seller is that they might not send you package and try to cheat by putting a fake tracking number, wouldn't be surprising one day you check the order and it says delivered. You can't prove that easily and end up with losing your money. There are plenty of buyers faced such a situation.

Additionally, you might have a unit with QC problems and the seller might tell you to ship it back to repair but the cost will be on you... So you'll end up spending with more money while you tried to save buying from a seller on AE.

If you somehow encounter with a malicious seller then good luck. AE s... at helping so it's pretty important from whom you buy if it's a big amount of money you pay. I purchased plenty of things so far encountered three times though. There are really good understanding sellers like NiceHCK Audio Store for example.

Btw there's another NiceHCK Official Store. I asked and they confirmed that both are the same. I don't know what's the reason opening a new one though...
You can check if they are the same store by doing this:

1. Hover on the store and click on the "business license" link.
1624652041451.png

1624652085322.png

1624652142065.png

Both of them are indentical = same store

Jun 25, 2021 at 4:30 PM Post #57,249 of 102,440
You can check if they are the same store by doing this:

1. Hover on the store and click on the "business license" link.
1624652041451.png

1624652085322.png
1624652142065.png

Both of them are indentical = same store
Very useful. Thanks for the information I'll keep in mind. 🙂

Jun 25, 2021 at 5:37 PM Post #57,251 of 102,440
Here is my take on the GS Audio GT12 :wink:

My GD7B should be arriving soon. I'm super excited to see how they fit and sound, because it'll determine how much money I throw their way in the relatively near future.

Jun 25, 2021 at 9:24 PM Post #57,252 of 102,440
-They look amaziiiing!
I have been eyeing the ST8B for quite a while now...I think I'll pull the plug now.

Jun 25, 2021 at 9:50 PM Post #57,253 of 102,440
I have been eyeing the ST8B for quite a while now...I think I'll pull the plug now.
If you don't like the faceplate or resin shell color, kick off a chat with their rep to request an alternate shell configuration, then put your request with a reference to which model you're drawing the resin and faceplate from in the notes to the seller section while you're checking out. No additional cost as long as it's one of their existing shell or faceplate designs. Customizing it further will incur additional costs.

Jun 26, 2021 at 1:19 AM Post #57,254 of 102,440
-They look amaziiiing!
Can you compare it with another IEM 8 BA? T800, Dm8 or S8?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back