The discovery thread!
Sep 12, 2020 at 12:41 PM Post #49,952 of 100,520
Bloody hell. I wouldn't want to get on your bad side. (I do get it though).
Well the brands I can think of the top of my head that I hate are:

Apple
Linsoul
Periodic Audio

Sep 12, 2020 at 12:45 PM Post #49,953 of 100,520
Well the brands I can think of the top of my head that I hate are:

Apple
Linsoul
Periodic Audio

Apple! As a general principle or a specific product?

Sep 12, 2020 at 12:46 PM Post #49,954 of 100,520
Apple! As a general principle or a specific product?
The entire Apple brand. I have followed them for years and I hate how they do things. The removal of the 3.5mm jack was the last straw, that crap is making all other brands follow suit...

Sep 12, 2020 at 12:49 PM Post #49,955 of 100,520
The entire Apple brand. I have followed them for years and I hate how they do things. The removal of the 3.5mm jack was the last straw, that crap is making all other brands follow suit...

That is why I still use the iPhone 6S and never upgraded. 😭

Sep 12, 2020 at 12:52 PM Post #49,956 of 100,520
That is why I still use the iPhone 6S and never upgraded. 😭
Join the Android master race. Stuff like the Redmi Note 9 still has that 3.5mm jack and is quite cheap.

Sep 12, 2020 at 12:54 PM Post #49,957 of 100,520

I get it, however, the jack issue was bound to happen since buyers want waterproof phones these days. Certainly, Apple’s decision to get rid of the headphone jack was self serving since the AirPods followed soon after.

I won a 5K Apple computer setup back in the mid-80s, my first computer, so I’ve naturally stayed with the brand over the years, but it could have easily been PCs if I had won that instead.

Sep 12, 2020 at 12:57 PM Post #49,958 of 100,520
I get it, however, the jack issue was bound to happen since buyers want waterproof phones these days. Certainly, Apple’s decision to get rid of the headphone jack was self serving since the AirPods followed soon after.

I won a 5K Apple computer setup back in the mid-80s, my first computer, so I’ve naturally stayed with the brand over the years, but it could have easily been PCs if I had won that instead.
I mean you can still have waterproof phones even with a 3.5mm jack. Like the Samsung Galaxy S9.

That excuse from apple is just a crappy excuse to make more money from selling more airpods as you mentioned.

Sep 12, 2020 at 1:00 PM Post #49,959 of 100,520
Join the Android master race. Stuff like the Redmi Note 9 still has that 3.5mm jack and is quite cheap.

Well, the HiBy R5 was my first Android device that I liked (my first was the ZX507, but I had troubles with it), and I do like how Android in some ways has embraced hi res audio unlike Apple that doesn’t seem to care, so I may travel down that road with my next phone purchase ... my iPhone SE, the original, is long in the tooth.

Sep 12, 2020 at 1:01 PM Post #49,960 of 100,520
I mean you can still have waterproof phones even with a 3.5mm jack. Like the Samsung Galaxy S9.

That excuse from apple is just a crappy excuse to make more money from selling more airpods as you mentioned.

ok, didn’t know that.

Sep 12, 2020 at 1:03 PM Post #49,961 of 100,520
Well, the HiBy R5 was my first Android device that I liked (my first was the ZX507, but I had troubles with it), and I do like how Android in some ways has embraced hi res audio unlike Apple that doesn’t seem to care, so I may travel down that road with my next phone purchase ... my iPhone SE, the original, is long in the tooth.
You can also just buy a second hand LG G/V series and have a phone/dap in one device lol. (although stuff like the Fiio M11 and the Ibasso DX160 are much better sounding.)

Sep 12, 2020 at 1:14 PM Post #49,962 of 100,520

Never had a single Apple product in my life and happy about it :)
Samsung tries to follow Apple path recently, will likely go to other Android phone next (S9 and S10 have quite poor sound reproduction, considering the cost of the phone, (I hade Note 3 before - a world of difference), so the jack is there but I rarely use it).

Sep 12, 2020 at 1:21 PM Post #49,963 of 100,520
I've hated apple since the original McIntosh computers, they weren't compatible with crap, were overpriced and highly proprietary and the fanboys are absolutely insane. TBH any brand that has that type of loyal, devoted and irrational fan base bothers me.

The closest audio equivalents are Linsoul/thie audio, Sony and IMR.

I hate proprietary bull (ie. Lightning cables).

Sep 12, 2020 at 1:30 PM Post #49,965 of 100,520
The closest audio equivalents are .... Sony
Whatever! I’m gonna go listen to my trusty MiniDisk player while taking digital photos and saving them on nice dependable MemorySticks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back