The discovery thread!
May 4, 2020 at 8:29 AM Post #47,134 of 103,505
8+1 gen2 graph from Project A3
https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10158146902729932
94575322_10158146902739932_3546465744550100992_o.jpg

May 4, 2020 at 10:36 AM Post #47,135 of 103,505
Great job! I still would have preferred the Mofasest M14's tuning over the V14, sub bass, pinna gain and high treble looks better. Too bad they seem to don't sell that one anymore... It makes me wonder about all the unknown Chinese companies and what they could offer.

Exactly, for that FR, comes out slightly cheaper and better shell designs too (my primary complain)

May 4, 2020 at 4:16 PM Post #47,136 of 103,505
Been a while since I wrote up a review. This is my take on the TSMR-6. https://www.head-fi.org/showcase/tansio-mirai-tsmr-6.24347/reviews
DSC07107.JPG
I believe this was Tansio Mirais higher end in ears before they made the Zodiac. They are tuned like a high end monitor. Here is another case where the cable it comes with is a good one but wished they included a higher end copper cable instead. The read has some impressions of the TSMR-2, TSMR-3 pro, TSMR-4 pro and of course it is all about the 6 here. In any case. While our lives have all changed due to world events. I am happy to have my health and be able to enjoy our hobby.

I know audio has been affected and I hope the folks that make these earphones concentrate on quality over quantity. For a while there last year it was maddening to follow all the newness. If there ever was a break out year for Chi fi it was 2019. Once a vaccine is developed I can see the doors opening again however.

Last edited:
May 4, 2020 at 7:42 PM Post #47,137 of 103,505
EST IEMs don't sound anything special due to using ES tweeters (those aren't even proper electrostatic drivers, more like electret drivers). I think apart from VE Elysium no other EST hybrid has managed to properly implement them and most of them sound dark and severely lack upper treble extension. These ES Tweeters are basically first gen technical demo of sorts and I think we'll have to wait until a true full-range ES driver comes around that's not so inefficient.

And this particular tech won't be cheap anytime soon. Stax have been making ES headphones for years and they still cost quite a bit, and energizers often cost as much as if not more than the headphones themselves. Very pricey endeavour overall (and that's not taking into account if one will even like ES presentation at all which can be polarizing).
Est apart of elysium? Elysian annihilator

May 4, 2020 at 8:17 PM Post #47,138 of 103,505
Est apart of elysium? Elysian annihilator

Ah yes, completely skipped my mind, read about them on crin's website. Too bad that those are hardly available in EU so very difficult to come across.

May 4, 2020 at 11:41 PM Post #47,139 of 103,505
So I get home and I find a nice large box with good things in it.
DSC06890.JPG
The one I am gonna check out tonight will be this
DSC06891.JPG
Reason why I am intrigued with this one. RP is $100 so this will compete with the Starfield and NX7 pros. I haven't opened this one yet but I will leave a brief impression once I get this one open. Will be back.
Did you ever have a chance to compare the NA2 to the Starfield?

May 5, 2020 at 12:00 AM Post #47,140 of 103,505
Sorry no starfield. Skipped that for the blessing 2. Which is a direct upgrade on the starfield. I know both iems are similar in price. I am gonna assume similar in performance but I don't know if anyone has both. NA2 doesn't get the credit it deserves as it looks a bit plasticy if that is the right word vs the very nice looking starfield. I can say the sonics are as good as it will be in the price range however.

May 5, 2020 at 12:24 AM Post #47,141 of 103,505
If I was a guessing man the Starfield should have the edge in the mids but the NA2 will have the more sparkly better extended treble and sub bass is very good on the NA2. Bass could be similar between the two. I bet isolation will be a wash since both earphones are vented. This is speculation of course but since Moondrop tunes all their earphones alike I am guessing based on the Blessing 2 actually.

NA2 is what I wanted in the Tin audio T2 actually. It is more neutral than extremely colored but has the bass end the T2 just didn't have.

Last edited:
May 5, 2020 at 12:28 AM Post #47,142 of 103,505
If I was a guessing man the Starfield should have the edge in the mids but the NA2 will have the more sparkly better extended treble and sub bass is very good on the NA2. Bass could be similar between the two. I bet isolation will be a wash since both earphones are vented. This is speculation of course but since Moondrop tunes all their earphones alike I am guessing based on the Blessing 2 actually.

NA2 is what I wanted in the Tin audio T2 actually. It is more neutral than extremely colored but has the bass end the T2 just didn't have.

How's the NA2's timbre for acoustic instruments? And technicalities and soundstage?

May 5, 2020 at 12:34 AM Post #47,143 of 103,505
It has been a while since I put on some time with the NA2 so let me get back to you guys with that answer. They do have good technicalities for the price but not the best of course. For the sum of all the parts to the sonics I still think they are competitive with anything in the market at the price range. It is NF audios first mass produced IEM. I read the previous NA1 was all hand made. Reason why the NA2 was cheaper. They tamed down the treble a bit and made the sonics more balanced as a result and mass produced the NA2 and managed to bring the price down to $100.

Didn't Drop have a deal for them? I can ask Penon to do a bit of a sale on them if you guys are interested. I have some powers. :ksc75smile:

May 5, 2020 at 12:48 AM Post #47,144 of 103,505
I'm on the fence. One could get them for 75€ currently on BrightAudio Store on AE with coupons and coin discount which is a fair amount cheaper than the Starfield. There's just not that much information about them online, seems they weren't going for the western market that much.

May 5, 2020 at 6:17 AM Post #47,145 of 103,505
Ah yes, completely skipped my mind, read about them on crin's website. Too bad that those are hardly available in EU so very difficult to come across.
Im lucky that they are made from my country i live. Probably will do a demo on them whenever i have a chance after the pandemic

Users who are viewing this thread

Back