The discovery thread!
Jan 7, 2020 at 4:43 AM Post #46,037 of 100,489
20200107_143429~2.jpg

I just wanna leave my post here instead on TWS thread, will post impression too there but this is a discovery that worth to take a look, especially for friends that haven't have a single set of TWS yet.
As we know that sound quality of TWS isnt comparable yet with wired IEM, because they cant use multidriver or big impedance DD since they have to think about battery life too, its not that easy. But the TWS world also have big improvement recently. And i was surprised to hear this today. THe new Haylou GT1 Plus (not GT1 vanilla, not GT1 Pro, Not to be confused with GT2 also) the GT1 plus is the latest from Haylou company (rumor said they are xiaomi backed company also)

I dont want to spend money for pricey TWS yet, until they reach level of midfi. Tried the Sony WF 1000 XM3 the other day, they are nice, but technicality wise I think they are not that value.

So i just want a cheap TWS that sounds decent and I hit that jackpot.

For around $25, Here the Haylou GT1 plus, using the new 7.2mm biocellulose driver instead of normally 6mm DD in other TWS, yet they are very small (the case is same length with my thumb and the bud is only slightly longer than my thumb's nail.
They are already using qualcomm qcc3030, means better battery life and APTX for very cheap price, IPX4 waterproof as a bonus, BT 5.0, touch sensor and bla bla bla yeah i dont really care but they have nice features.

What i most care is about the sound and out of the box, i mean out of the case, they have very nice tuning

Overall tuning is like BLON BL-03, yes im not kidding, with less sub bass and mid bass but the bass isnt as punchy as BLON, they are softer overall. they sounded smooth all across frequencies, like softened BLON, less v shaped MH755, more balance and more flatter.
Bass : Big bass, they have rumble, extension isnt too deep but decent enough. mid bass is there a bit big but lower than Blon with good control, mid bass isn't bleed so mids are keep clean from muddy. Sub bass quite decent but mid bass a little bit bigger.
Mids : they are not thin sounding, but not muddy at all too, clear mids with decent note weight, just a slight towards warm, high mids are safe from peaks, they are not shouty at all
Highs : relaxed trebles but still have sparkles, extension to high end isnt very extended (hey its $25 set), airy sounds.
techies : separation surprisingly very good, with medium to large soundstage and good imaging, the details is just wow really surprised me, i dont expect that good looking at their price.
resolution is standard, dont expect this have resolution like over $100 iem.
major cons : you cant use your beloved eartips, i tried so many eartips (15+ different kinds) and they cant snap insinde the case, your buds wont charged. so you left with their original eartips. luckily for my picky ears, the L size orginal tips works good although i want to use wide bore eartips actually, too bad.

So anyone want to try to jump in to TWS, this set is a good start point, enjoy the tech with decent sound for a very very cheap price.
I read @baskingshark was talking about chifi tws the other day, you might want to give this a shot bro!

I have QCY T1c and T5 for comparison, the GT1 plus have edge on the technologies, and soundwise they are better to me, T1c have mid bass bleed, T5 which are have a praise from crinacle, quite good but sounded thin compared to this set,
and T5 have 3khz chifi peak on higher volume.
compared to MH755 and BL-03 they have similar sound signature with GT1 plus but less emphasize on high mids (like blon), compared to previous generation KZ also i found this tuning is better. But overall they are more relax set

$25 for all of those, no brainer!!

PS : im not affiliated with Haylou at all, i paid full price for my set, just want to share my great discovery today.

*edit : correction here and there, especially about bass

Last edited:
Jan 7, 2020 at 6:00 AM Post #46,038 of 100,489

I just wanna leave my post here instead on TWS thread, will post impression too there but this is a discovery that worth to take a look, especially for friends that haven't have a single set of TWS yet.
As we know that sound quality of TWS isnt comparable yet with wired IEM, because they cant use multidriver or big impedance DD since they have to think about battery life too, its not that easy. But the TWS world also have big improvement recently. And i was surprised to hear this today. THe new Haylou GT1 Plus (not GT1 vanilla, not GT1 Pro, Not to be confused with GT2 also) the GT1 plus is the latest from Haylou company (rumor said they are xiaomi backed company also)

I dont want to spend money for pricey TWS yet, until they reach level of midfi. Tried the Sony WF 1000 XM3 the other day, they are nice, but technicality wise I think they are not that value.

For around $25, Here the Haylou GT1 plus, using the new 7.2mm biocellulose driver instead of normally 6mm DD in other TWS, yet they are very small (the case is same length with my thumb and the bud is only slightly longer than my thumb's nail.
They are already using qualcomm qcc3030, means better battery life and APTX for very cheap price, IPX4 waterproof as a bonus, BT 5.0, touch sensor and bla bla bla yeah i dont really care but they have nice features.

What i most care is about the sound and out of the box, i mean out of the case, they have very nice tuning

Overall tuning is like BLON BL-03, yes im not kidding, with less sub bass and mid bass but the bass isnt as punchy as BLON, they are softer overall. they sounded smooth all across frequencies, like softened BLON, less v shaped MH755, more balance and more flatter.
Bass : Big bass, they have rumble, extension isnt too deep but decent enough. mid bass is there a bit big but lower than Blon with good control, mid bass isn't bleed so mids are keep clean from muddy. Sub bass quite decent but mid bass a little bit bigger.
Mids : they are not thin sounding, but not muddy at all too, clear mids with decent note weight, just a slight towards warm, high mids are safe from peaks, they are not shouty at all
Highs : relaxed trebles but still have sparkles, extension to high end isnt very extended (hey its $25 set), airy sounds.
techies : separation surprisingly very good, with medium to large soundstage and good imaging, the details is just wow really surprised me, i dont expect that good looking at their price.
major cons : you cant use your beloved eartips, i tried so many eartips (15+ different kinds) and they cant snap insinde the case, your buds wont charged. so you left with their original eartips. luckily for my picky ears, the L size orginal tips works good although i want to use wide bore eartips actually, too bad.

So anyone want to try to jump in to TWS, this set is a good start point, enjoy the tech with decent sound for a very very cheap price.
I read @baskingshark was talking about chifi tws the other day, you might want to give this a shot bro!

I have QCY T1c and T5 for comparison, the GT1 plus have edge on the technologies, and soundwise they are better to me, T1c have mid bass bleed, T5 which are have a praise from crinacle, quite good but sounded thin compared to this set,
compared to MH755 and BL-03 they have similar sound signature with GT1 plus but less emphasize on high mids (like blon), compared to previous generation KZ also i found this tuning is better. But overall they are more relax set

PS : im not affiliated with Haylou at all, i paid full price for my set, just want to share my great discovery today.

Nice review! Looks promising.

Got a few queries on it:
1) How long is battery life?
2) How is connectivity so far?
3) How is the timbre/note weight? Of the few CHIFI TWS I've tried they all seem a bit thin in note weight and slightly artificial in the timbre. I guess it won't be able to compete with wired gear, but if it passes your strict timbre test, I'm more than game to try it out.

TIA!

Jan 7, 2020 at 6:21 AM Post #46,039 of 100,489
Nice review! Looks promising.

Got a few queries on it:
1) How long is battery life?
2) How is connectivity so far?
3) How is the timbre/note weight? Of the few CHIFI TWS I've tried they all seem a bit thin in note weight and slightly artificial in the timbre. I guess it won't be able to compete with wired gear, but if it passes your strict timbre test, I'm more than game to try it out.

TIA!

1. battery life should be decent since they are using newer chip from qualcomm not realtek, they say 5 hours but i havent check it out.
2. connectivity is good, i was away from my phone quite far, maybe 8 meters without any cut at all, went to toilet while listening to music also flawless.
3. timbre is good, yes they pass my requirement, about note weight, they are neutral, but not too thick, t1c got thicker mids but also with mid bass bleed. they are not on thin side.

for $25 they are like complete package with no major flaws, just that i mentioned, you cant use your spare eartips, the eartips hole placement on case cant hold aftermarket eartips (the default 1 have very short stem and soft umbrella)

Jan 7, 2020 at 12:36 PM Post #46,040 of 100,489

Thanks, I just ordered a pair. I was looking for an upgrade to the TC1 which I liked a lot. APTX was the selling point for me.
You should try those Ikko tips, the give great isolation, stay in your ears, comfortable and....best of all....they fit in the case!!!! :). I forgot what the other brand was. Miso Diso or something.

Jan 7, 2020 at 12:40 PM Post #46,041 of 100,489

Damn! I just bought Tantio T1 for $18(using coupons and promo codes). Although, Haylou is QCY's sister company if I'm not wrong. So they're known for their quality.

Jan 7, 2020 at 12:42 PM Post #46,042 of 100,489
Thanks, I just ordered a pair. I was looking for an upgrade to the TC1 which I liked a lot. APTX was the selling point for me.
You should try those Ikko tips, the give great isolation, stay in your ears, comfortable and....best of all....they fit in the case!!!! :). I forgot what the other brand was. Miso Diso or something.

Miso tips are damn expensive ($8-9 for a pair)

Jan 7, 2020 at 5:45 PM Post #46,044 of 100,489
Jan 7, 2020 at 5:53 PM Post #46,045 of 100,489

Users who are viewing this thread

Back