The discovery thread!
Jun 1, 2019 at 8:19 AM Post #42,451 of 101,234
What's been happening guys? I got a chance to hear the accoustune hs1650cu and 1670ss.. brilliant single DD offering. I found the 1670ss to be a better overall balanced sound with excellent tonality and timbre.
hs1670ss1-1.jpg

Jun 1, 2019 at 8:24 AM Post #42,452 of 101,234
What's been happening guys? I got a chance to hear the accoustune hs1650cu and 1670ss.. brilliant single DD offering. I found the 1670ss to be a better overall balanced sound with excellent tonality and timbre.
hs1670ss1-1.jpg
I also enjoyed listening to these.

Jun 1, 2019 at 7:05 PM Post #42,454 of 101,234
Got his little thing on the Memorial Day sale...
https://www.meeaudio.com/BTR/
upload_2019-6-1_18-34-47.png

The Mee BTR. Cheap and not very fancy Bluetooth receiver. Really like it so far. Not a drop yet though I have only used it with an AGPtek M6S BT player which is the older BT 4.0 and very decent but not rock-solid connection-wise. What the little sucker is is seemingly rock-solid conection-wise, small and light and well built and ergonomically sweet. Strong easy to open USB flap on the bottom, a power switch, three sturdy solid clicking buttons, and a Cinema Ear button on the other side of the power button. Layed out well and easy as pie to use right away. Power on and off vocals as well as CE off/on prompts and tells you which setting is on(Bass/Vocal1/Vocal2/Dynamic or "V" tune).

Nothing really fancy. No aptX or higher bit rate or apps or calls. Just works great sound good, has solid battery life, and the adjustments are well tuned and good for different uses like streaming or podcasts as well as music. Great first try out using it today with my King II. Settled on flat/no CE settings. With an excellent sounding earphone I didn't worry or miss aptX not that the M6S player has it anyway. Sounded very very nice.

Niggles I didn't like so much:

Might be with the older BT player but still had a bigger than other steps jump from 14 to 15 on the volume. Perhaps with a newer BT 5.0 equipped device or other device that may be better. Also depends on the sound setting you use and the earphone. Flat was perfect with the King III for volume and also sound signature.

The clip is metal and might need some loosening up. A little hard to slide it on the pants pocket with one hand early on :).

The big one might be that you have to hold down + and - buttons and it is a full 2 seconds till it FF's or RR's. A little slow and faster to do it on the player esp. one that has a tactile FF button like the AGPtek which also registers w/o the screen needing to be woken. Maybe more convenient but slightly tedious being slower. Nice if Mee could change it to speed up.

Think it is worth looking into, certainly when on sale for 15 or 20% off, so it is closer to $30 than $40 and especially if you want sturdy, light, and well laid out controls and no app needed sound adjustments with a quick press of a button.

Jun 1, 2019 at 8:43 PM Post #42,455 of 101,234
Jun 2, 2019 at 1:15 PM Post #42,458 of 101,234
But why does it get 3.2 stars on Amazon?? Could be good though. I had the Samsung earpod style buds and they were quite good. Still, with the Sony MH755 those Samsung will get no talk. Most will go with the Sony. With the old Apple inspired looks and, if not comfortable, I think their fate is sealed :)

Jun 2, 2019 at 5:11 PM Post #42,459 of 101,234
Nobody talks about the Samsung EHS64AVFWE ? :)

Plasticy, pretty much unconformable but man for the price (€3) you get amazing sound signature.

They're quite bad frankly, get HS330 or EO-IG955 for better Samsung ones.

Jun 3, 2019 at 2:01 PM Post #42,460 of 101,234
Got his little thing on the Memorial Day sale...
https://www.meeaudio.com/BTR/

The Mee BTR. Cheap and not very fancy Bluetooth receiver. Really like it so far. Not a drop yet though I have only used it with an AGPtek M6S BT player which is the older BT 4.0 and very decent but not rock-solid connection-wise. What the little sucker is is seemingly rock-solid conection-wise, small and light and well built and ergonomically sweet. Strong easy to open USB flap on the bottom, a power switch, three sturdy solid clicking buttons, and a Cinema Ear button on the other side of the power button. Layed out well and easy as pie to use right away. Power on and off vocals as well as CE off/on prompts and tells you which setting is on(Bass/Vocal1/Vocal2/Dynamic or "V" tune).

Nothing really fancy. No aptX or higher bit rate or apps or calls. Just works great sound good, has solid battery life, and the adjustments are well tuned and good for different uses like streaming or podcasts as well as music. Great first try out using it today with my King II. Settled on flat/no CE settings. With an excellent sounding earphone I didn't worry or miss aptX not that the M6S player has it anyway. Sounded very very nice.

Niggles I didn't like so much:

Might be with the older BT player but still had a bigger than other steps jump from 14 to 15 on the volume. Perhaps with a newer BT 5.0 equipped device or other device that may be better. Also depends on the sound setting you use and the earphone. Flat was perfect with the King III for volume and also sound signature.

The clip is metal and might need some loosening up. A little hard to slide it on the pants pocket with one hand early on :).

The big one might be that you have to hold down + and - buttons and it is a full 2 seconds till it FF's or RR's. A little slow and faster to do it on the player esp. one that has a tactile FF button like the AGPtek which also registers w/o the screen needing to be woken. Maybe more convenient but slightly tedious being slower. Nice if Mee could change it to speed up.

Think it is worth looking into, certainly when on sale for 15 or 20% off, so it is closer to $30 than $40 and especially if you want sturdy, light, and well laid out controls and no app needed sound adjustments with a quick press of a button.

I might get something like that for those days when I'm out on the paddleboard and don't want to destroy my ES100.

Jun 3, 2019 at 3:22 PM Post #42,461 of 101,234
They're quite bad frankly, get HS330 or EO-IG955 for better Samsung ones.

They're not bad, it was even reviewed here http://www.inearmatters.net/2012/10/stock-headset-shootout-apple-htc.html

EHS64# is warm and lively with a very mild U-shaped sound. Big hitting bass, decent spaced mid that isn’t too sweet or forward, crisp treble that is just a tiny bit grainy. By far the best sound and most balanced in this shootout, it compares well to IEM such as VSONIC GR99 and GR02 or DUNU Trident on overall performance. Not too shabby for a stock actually.

Considering the price and what it compares to it's pretty good. Just try it.

Last edited:
Jun 3, 2019 at 3:46 PM Post #42,462 of 101,234
I might get something like that for those days when I'm out on the paddleboard and don't want to destroy my ES100.

I think it is pretty sweet. Just what I want for the park and outside many times hitting balls around or shooting hoops or even sketchy weather. Great with the right control layout. Even easier to pair since you have the switch for on/off so pairing is holding down play instead of on off. Love having an old school power switch which is much better than holding down a button. Still haven't really tested it out for range except 20 feet or so into another room once but haven't had one chirp or break at all. I did do the back pocket test and the encase it in both hands test and it was flawless. Only issue is seemingly the speed. The one second to register pause and FF/RR though volume and CE are instant. Found an even better size comparison object...
upload_2019-6-3_15-42-56.png

Skinnier thickness than a ChapStick even with the clip. It is smaller than the pics make it seem and of course the 15 gram weight is just a bit more than a AAA battery.

Last edited:
Jun 5, 2019 at 1:18 PM Post #42,463 of 101,234

Jumped on the F3 before the reviews and have to say that the review above is fairly accurate.

My initial impressions is that this earphone is like candy, very sweet candy. Use it for awhile and you hear details and richness not normally found at this price range. I would think that if you listen to it for too long and your ears, like teeth with candy, may start to decay. My ears are fine so far.

I'm enjoying them, but can't see using them as a relaxing pair of earphones, too bright and detailed for that.
I'm using them out of my iBasso DX220, balanced out, which may be damping the high end a tad, as I'm on hour 3 without discomfort.

Jun 5, 2019 at 1:30 PM Post #42,464 of 101,234
Unfortunately my review sample of the F3 is in no where land. I have no idea where it is or even if it is in the country. Tracking seems to have vanished and even though Jim has tracked it. No where to be found.

Jim has told me they are working on a new hybrid they are excited about. will let folks know once I get the OK.

Jun 5, 2019 at 2:28 PM Post #42,465 of 101,234

Users who are viewing this thread

Back