The discovery thread!
Dec 26, 2018 at 12:48 PM Post #40,906 of 100,397
I clearly think otherwise. Couldn't stand them for more than 5 minutes. To each their own.

I think you're the only one I've seen not liking them (and you're good at repeating it). That's fair enough though as nothing is for everyone but to say that your experience with one of their IEM's makes new ones questionable is pretty ridiculous imo. It's not many companies (if any) where I enjoy everything in their lineup....

Last edited:
Dec 26, 2018 at 1:21 PM Post #40,907 of 100,397
I think you're the only one I've seen not liking them (and you're good at repeating it). That's fair enough though as nothing is for everyone but to say that your experience with one of their IEM's makes new ones questionable is pretty ridiculous imo. It's not many companies (if any) where I enjoy everything in their lineup....

I’m thinking I got a defective pair. There’s no way they sounded so different from what everyone was saying.

My point is to never ever have high expectations for a new product. In fact, one should expect nothing at all. This way, if you get the product and you like it - great, it’s a pleasant surprise. And if you don’t like it - nothing bad happens, because you didn’t have any expectations in the first place.

Dec 26, 2018 at 1:37 PM Post #40,908 of 100,397
I have a feeling the Tenhz pro 4 had some QC issues. The more and more I listened to my pair the more it sounded too distant. Phase incoherent to me. It was off. It didn't sound like what others were describing. I ended up giving them away. I was too late to send them back to MD. Oh well. You win some you loose some.

Dec 26, 2018 at 1:54 PM Post #40,909 of 100,397
In facebook le yoo (AK audio store) said 140$ for tenhz t5, "discount for dear friends". I mean, probaly the 250$ will drop soon enough if the discounted price is right.
If they only corrected the bass on p4 pro i would buy it and say it worth's, the looks is gourgeous, the cable to. But no earphones for me now. Let's wait for impressions and reviews.

Waiting for moondrop kanas, and also whizzler he-03, forgotten to say. The whizzer is sample from Linsoul and should be compared to my tehnz p4 pro, kanas also, Dmg maybe because i am thiking in selling them to cover the kanas money.

Last edited:
Dec 26, 2018 at 9:38 PM Post #40,910 of 100,397
So this is for the DMG/ M6 owners. DSC06571.JPG Got the new Champaign colored filters today AV professional on aliexpress. https://www.aliexpress.com/item/BGV...073.html?spm=a2g0s.9042311.0.0.21364c4dYmGdQu

I have to say for less than a $5 spot. This little nozzle mod actually balances out the DMG/ M6 even further. It does lessen the bass so some might not like this but what it does is makes the sound not only more airy but mids and highs have better clarity as well. For vocal and acoustic music this filter does make a noticeable difference. If you are an owner of the DMG and or M6 and want to further tweak/ improve the sound from these. Gets my thumbs up on purchase. To my ears it has plenty of bass but now sounds more airy cleaner more precise. Excellent addition to your earphone.

Last edited:
Dec 26, 2018 at 10:54 PM Post #40,911 of 100,397
So this is for the DMG/ M6 owners. Got the new Champaign colored filters today AV professional on aliexpress. https://www.aliexpress.com/item/BGV...073.html?spm=a2g0s.9042311.0.0.21364c4dYmGdQu

I have to say for less than a $5 spot. This little nozzle mod actually balances out the DMG/ M6 even further. It does lessen the bass so some might not like this but what it does is makes the sound not only more airy but mids and highs have better clarity as well. For vocal and acoustic music this filter does make a noticeable difference. If you are an owner of the DMG and or M6 and want to further tweak/ improve the sound from these. Gets my thumbs up on purchase. To my ears it has plenty of bass but now sounds more airy cleaner more precise. Excellent addition to your earphone.

but the DM6 doesn't have removable filters, anways BGVP has already clarified the v2 issue, there is no v2, just a HiRes sticker on the box

Dec 27, 2018 at 12:58 AM Post #40,914 of 100,397
I am fully convinced that I have successfully driven my Kanas Pro in. Sublime and great sound for a chilled out listening session. Just as I thought I was done for this year, in comes a new contender : IT01s. My oh my... Gonna wait for more impressions. Can't wait! :)

Dec 27, 2018 at 1:03 AM Post #40,915 of 100,397
Pulled the trigger on kanas and a copper 6 core budget (but stylish) cable.

A amateur review will be made

Eagerly waiting for your impressions on kanas pro and a comparison with TenhzP4 Pro.

Dec 27, 2018 at 1:36 AM Post #40,916 of 100,397
Dec 27, 2018 at 1:50 AM Post #40,917 of 100,397
Been listening to my new Sennheiser IE800 for the past couple days. Since these were a demo display pair, I assume they are burned in plenty. The first thing that stuck out to me was the refinement. Much more refined that any other iem i've ever heard. Absolutely NO GRAIN. No distortion. Bass is present. They are Sennheiser's after all, and that means plenty of bass, but since there's no bleed into the mids, it's just a nice added dimension that adds energy to your music, since the highs are clear, extended, and refined without being splashy or sibilant. Now I've had iem's, like the TFZ King E, which has much more extended decay, but it's also fatiguing and sometimes piercing and rough. The IE800's never fall into that category. The mids are present, and focused. Guitars sounds crisp and articulate, with nice timbre and weight. Male vocals are forward and have strength and articulation. Female vocals a bit more distance, but still detailed. Instrument separation is world class, and detail retrieval is very good for a dynamic driver. Soundstage is WIDE. Like super wide! Like it sometimes sounds like you have full-sized cans in your ears! It's probably the most impressive feature of this particular earphone. That and the top notch imaging. Plus, these things are so dinky and light! They fall into your ears, and sit very comfortably inside. The casings are ceramic, shiny, and SMALL. How does such BIG SOUND come out of these tiny drivers?!?! Are they worth the original asking price of $800-$1,000? Ummm...Hard to say. Maybe not? Maybe? All I know is that I love the sound I get from these little guys. It's so mature and focused. So much fun! Yeah, let's say these things are fun, energetic, but also lush and refined, with world class soundstage and imaging, and impressive detail retrieval. Now I can't wait to get my JVC HA_FW01 on Friday, and pit these two against each other!! Battle of the flagships!

Dec 27, 2018 at 2:58 AM Post #40,918 of 100,397
Been listening to my new Sennheiser IE800 for the past couple days. Since these were a demo display pair, I assume they are burned in plenty. The first thing that stuck out to me was the refinement. Much more refined that any other iem i've ever heard. Absolutely NO GRAIN. No distortion. Bass is present. They are Sennheiser's after all, and that means plenty of bass, but since there's no bleed into the mids, it's just a nice added dimension that adds energy to your music, since the highs are clear, extended, and refined without being splashy or sibilant. Now I've had iem's, like the TFZ King E, which has much more extended decay, but it's also fatiguing and sometimes piercing and rough. The IE800's never fall into that category. The mids are present, and focused. Guitars sounds crisp and articulate, with nice timbre and weight. Male vocals are forward and have strength and articulation. Female vocals a bit more distance, but still detailed. Instrument separation is world class, and detail retrieval is very good for a dynamic driver. Soundstage is WIDE. Like super wide! Like it sometimes sounds like you have full-sized cans in your ears! It's probably the most impressive feature of this particular earphone. That and the top notch imaging. Plus, these things are so dinky and light! They fall into your ears, and sit very comfortably inside. The casings are ceramic, shiny, and SMALL. How does such BIG SOUND come out of these tiny drivers?!?! Are they worth the original asking price of $800-$1,000? Ummm...Hard to say. Maybe not? Maybe? All I know is that I love the sound I get from these little guys. It's so mature and focused. So much fun! Yeah, let's say these things are fun, energetic, but also lush and refined, with world class soundstage and imaging, and impressive detail retrieval. Now I can't wait to get my JVC HA_FW01 on Friday, and pit these two against each other!! Battle of the flagships!
Are you talking about the IE800 or IE800S? I absolutely love my IE800S, it is such an incredible IEM and is a constant reminder to me that more drivers does not mean better.

Dec 27, 2018 at 8:35 AM Post #40,920 of 100,397
1E2261AC-2722-452A-87C7-530861C69793.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back