The discovery thread!
Sep 16, 2018 at 12:28 PM Post #37,847 of 100,506
How’s their soundstage and resolution compared to tk4? Are mids and highs similarly tuned ?
I feel the DMG has a wider soundstage, but with less depth than the T4. The T4 has better resolution, and a more forward midrange. The DMG sound more V shaped overall to me, with the T4 being more flat. I find the T4 has more treble energy as well, but still comes across as being more refined, in my opinion.

Sep 16, 2018 at 12:33 PM Post #37,848 of 100,506
I feel the DMG has a wider soundstage, but with less depth than the T4. The T4 has better resolution, and a more forward midrange. The DMG sound more V shaped overall to me, with the T4 being more flat. I find the T4 has more treble energy as well, but still comes across as being more refined, in my opinion.
Then the dmgs aren't for me as I generally can't adjust to more thinner sounding mids like I experienced with the it01s. I have been interested in the t4s for a long time now as I want a balanced tuned iem and would like to know if they have a thinner sounding midrange aswell?

Sep 16, 2018 at 12:50 PM Post #37,849 of 100,506
How is the extension and the bass of the t4 when compared to the dmg?

Sep 16, 2018 at 1:02 PM Post #37,850 of 100,506
How is the extension and the bass of the t4 when compared to the dmg?
They have a similar extension, but the DMG are way bassier sounding because of them having alot more bass quantity. They're polar opposites as far their tuning goes. The DMG are bassy, V shaped tuning, and the T4 are mid focused, more neutral tuned. I feel like both are great for their cost and it would come down to what sound preferences you have.

Last edited:
Sep 16, 2018 at 1:16 PM Post #37,851 of 100,506
Then the dmgs aren't for me as I generally can't adjust to more thinner sounding mids like I experienced with the it01s. I have been interested in the t4s for a long time now as I want a balanced tuned iem and would like to know if they have a thinner sounding midrange aswell?[/QUOTE

Everyone's ears are different, as well as sources etc, so what I hear may not be what you hear. We've talked alot about mids and vocals and stuff previously, so I have nothing new to add about the mids of the T4. Your own listening experience alone will decide what you think about an iem, and not what someone else says. The main reason I say this, is because we don't share many common iem's, so I can't really compare my T4 to an iem that you own. I personally believe you would like the mids of the T4, as that's their specialty, but who knows until you actually use them with your sources and in your listening environment.

Sep 16, 2018 at 2:03 PM Post #37,852 of 100,506
Ok thanks for the response, and I personally feel that the reason why I disliked the 9ts that you recommended, is because Im sure it was a faulty pair I received as it did not match at all what most people have been saying about them. Every other iem I have tried recently, i had no problems with whatsoever and have really liked there sound whilst sounding similar to what reviewers have been saying. I can appreciate balanced sound aswell, as I have been loving my ostry kc09 lately but want a bit more detailed and extended top end. It's just that I don't like thinner sounding iems.

Last edited:
Sep 16, 2018 at 2:46 PM Post #37,853 of 100,506
Ok thanks for the response, and I personally feel that the reason why I disliked the 9ts that you recommended, is because Im sure it was a faulty pair I received as it did not match at all what most people have been saying about them. Every other iem I have tried recently, i had no problems with whatsoever and have really liked there sound whilst sounding similar to what reviewers have been saying. I can appreciate balanced sound aswell, as I have been loving my ostry kc09 lately but want a bit more detailed and extended top end. It's just that I don't like thinner sounding iems.
I do believe maybe you did have a faulty pair of tnt's. Other than those, that's our only reference point you and I share. I do believe you'd like the mids/vocals on the T4, as I don't find them thin at all. I use them for music and watching movies, and I love how they present the human voice. I hope you get a chance to check them out some time!

Sep 16, 2018 at 4:24 PM Post #37,854 of 100,506
I do believe maybe you did have a faulty pair of tnt's. Other than those, that's our only reference point you and I share. I do believe you'd like the mids/vocals on the T4, as I don't find them thin at all. I use them for music and watching movies, and I love how they present the human voice. I hope you get a chance to check them out some time!

Sounds to me that the T4 would complement my IT01 well!

Sep 16, 2018 at 4:59 PM Post #37,857 of 100,506
I have been really enjoying the DMG lately. They do have a little more bass than what I'm generally drawn towards, but its of good quality and makes for a fun listen. I agree with the guys that have been saying these are tip dependant as well. I have tried a ton of tips but ended up settling in the medium blue included tips. I truly believe that BGVP have themselves a winner here and think most people will enjoy them.

Which filters have you been using? I’m trying the silver/treble ones at the moment.

Sep 16, 2018 at 5:28 PM Post #37,858 of 100,506
The refund that i am waiting still haven't arrived. So i can still decide beetwen DMG and AUDBOZ.
These new impressions, the new orioulos. Holy Jesus.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back