The discovery thread!
Jun 18, 2018 at 5:26 AM Post #36,740 of 100,554
Hey guys,

My name is Hussein, living in munich and i am rather a newby in this hifi stuff, i have read a ton of stuff on head-fi and after reading this whole thread i decided to register here as a member. I recently ordered the new Toneking T66s with 6 BA drivers each side because the manufacturer seems very legit and has other well received models so i pulled the trigger on them. He uses 3 dual knowles drivers each side making it 6 each side and i hope you people will look forward to hear of me when i finally have them in my hands. :)
BTW NiceHCK now offers new 2018 Hck8, 8 BAs each side, i am not so convinced on the Hck models as he doesn't state which drivers he uses, that's generally not a good sign.

Jun 18, 2018 at 5:30 AM Post #36,741 of 100,554
Hey guys,

My name is Hussein, living in munich and i am rather a newby in this hifi stuff, i have read a ton of stuff on head-fi and after reading this whole thread i decided to register here as a member. I recently ordered the new Toneking T66s with 6 BA drivers each side because the manufacturer seems very legit and has other well received models so i pulled the trigger on them. He uses 3 dual knowles drivers each side making it 6 each side and i hope you people will look forward to hear of me when i finally have them in my hands. :)
BTW NiceHCK now offers new 2018 Hck8, 8 BAs each side, i am not so convinced on the Hck models as he doesn't state which drivers he uses, that's generally not a good sign.

Jun 18, 2018 at 5:33 AM Post #36,742 of 100,554
Hey guys,

Welcome to head-fi and enjoy the ride.. and dont forget your seatbelts :wink:

Jun 18, 2018 at 6:48 AM Post #36,743 of 100,554
technically the nicehck one is better coz its more expensive, and its on 40% off now
Seriously?!? That is your "technical" reasoning or you are taking me (us) for a spin?
More than that, the Hakugei one is not balanced, but just SE 3.5mm ?
You can contact the seller and arrange jacks, connectors, even splitters... the final price might change though.

Jun 18, 2018 at 11:10 AM Post #36,744 of 100,554
Hey guys,

I am very excited to hear your impressions on the T66s! I have been looking at them and the T88k with great interest, but have yet to hear a single impression of either.

Jun 18, 2018 at 3:46 PM Post #36,745 of 100,554
Got a killer deal today. Null-audio was selling AAW ciem demos in universal fit at 50% off, but apparently had a conversion rate issue or something coz I snagged an AAW a3h pro v2 for $80 shipped. I was a bit late, so missed on a lot of cool custom designs and had to settle for a transparent blue one without fancy faceplates, but still a crazy good deal at almost 75% off. That's better than that aaw nebula two I snagged for 50 bucks last year. It will be interesting to see how it will fare against the flc8d

Jun 18, 2018 at 4:56 PM Post #36,746 of 100,554
A little update info on the soon to be released HK8. This is from Jim when I asked him about the differences between the HK6 to the HK8.
" About tuning, a little different, HK8 with more better resolution."

Should be the case since using 8 BAs per side. It is currently on preorder but that color. Just don't know about that color.
The DT300 pro on the other hand is currently being sold for $79 sale price which is a good cost for a 3 BA iem. However it comes down to the tuning. From what little info I got about it. JIm and NiceHCK is very proud of the IEM and says it has a very nice sound to it.

"I've been listening for our DT300 Pro for a long time, i love it so much, and now $79 is a best price, i believe, you will fall in love with it, too."

Should make for an interesting listen.
HTB1ulw6xxWYBuNjy1zkq6xGGpXav.jpg

HTB1knXjpiCYBuNkHFCcq6AHtVXaP.jpg

How do you get that price for them?

Jun 18, 2018 at 5:08 PM Post #36,747 of 100,554
Got a killer deal today. Null-audio was selling AAW ciem demos in universal fit at 50% off, but apparently had a conversion rate issue or something coz I snagged an AAW a3h pro v2 for $80 shipped. I was a bit late, so missed on a lot of cool custom designs and had to settle for a transparent blue one without fancy faceplates, but still a crazy good deal at almost 75% off. That's better than that aaw nebula two I snagged for 50 bucks last year. It will be interesting to see how it will fare against the flc8d
LOL, are they aware of the mistake? They might change the pricing before shipping.

Jun 18, 2018 at 6:48 PM Post #36,749 of 100,554
LOL, are they aware of the mistake? They might change the pricing before shipping.
They most likely are given that minutes after ordered it I tried to buy a second pair and they had readjusted the price but they sold a bunch of all models, so they probably will honor it as I doubt they will want to go through the trouble of canceling all orders and rerunning the sale. I kinda beat myself over being so slow as I had one pair with sweet faceplates purple and gold flakes in the cart and someone snagged it right under my nose. Also, was tempted to grab an aaw w900 for 600 bucks. Well, at least I got in on the action.

actually, here's the one I wanted to order initially (the right one)
coverpage2_800x.jpg

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back