The discovery thread!
May 22, 2018 at 9:39 PM Post #36,286 of 106,715
HK6 and DZ12
Two brothers from the same mother. I have to admit my normal rotation of earphones I listen to got a serious wrench thrown into it.

Attachments

• DSCF4032.JPG
    DSCF4032.JPG
    2 MB · Views: 0
Last edited:
May 22, 2018 at 10:04 PM Post #36,288 of 106,715
Yes, that is on my short list. Interested in the tfz queen too all of a sudden. I wish I was rich or all these earphones were 20 bucks a piece.
I was waiting for the secret garden by TFZ.. now im confused by the queen.

@Dsnuts It's time you get some fancy iem cases for your fancy iems!

May 22, 2018 at 10:24 PM Post #36,289 of 106,715
Actually the mini otter box case that came with the DZ12 is very cool. Just big enough to fit the earphones and cables. I is approximately 2"X3" I always found the standard sized otterbox cases a bit large and are not pocket able.

Attachments

• DSCF4031.JPG
    DSCF4031.JPG
    1.9 MB · Views: 0
  • DSCF4030.JPG
    DSCF4030.JPG
    1.9 MB · Views: 0
Last edited:
May 23, 2018 at 5:18 AM Post #36,293 of 106,715
Just got my HK6 today.

zoaUwz.jpg

First impression, HK6 together with my Shanling M3S give a very crystal clear sound with very high detail and wide soundstage, incredible vocal and perfect mid sound out of the box, only deep bass not good enough compared with my shockwave III.
Please after some burn in period share a detailed comparison with your SW3 , thanks.

May 23, 2018 at 9:43 AM Post #36,297 of 106,715
I am having a hard time believing that the HK6 isnt valuable for its money after reading all impressions here and on Aliexpress. I am having a hard time believing that over 44 reviews and over 100 orders would have existed if this was a bad iem. I am having a hard time believing that this new 2018 model with 6 Knowles BA per side will be mediocre. I am also having a hard time believing that this would differ from NICEHCK other middle and high-end products (that also has a lot of good reviews). I am looking forward to hear this, and also see another freq. graph.

May 23, 2018 at 9:49 AM Post #36,298 of 106,715
The Opus #11 is also very nice if you're looking for something portable with a battery.

Edit: My all time favorite portable dac/amp is the LH Labs Geek Out V2+ but I'm not even sure if it's still available. It was also quite expensive.

Off topic: Nice to see another Dalkarl in here. I was raised in Avesta myself and have spent quite a few evenings in Säterdalen in my youth (that was a long time ago :wink:).

Ok, will look this ones up, haha, the world is a small place indeed. I was in Säterdalen yesterday. So you migrated to our nice norwegian neighbor country. :wink:

May 23, 2018 at 10:26 AM Post #36,299 of 106,715
This is just a little off topic side note, was a bit frustrated couldn't track my HK6 via USPS site like usual AE orders. Jim used the, new to me, Standard Ali Shipping starting with LP. Figured out if you use the site Global that they link it will give you the USPS number in parentheses when you track it on there.

May 23, 2018 at 11:58 AM Post #36,300 of 106,715
I am having a hard time believing that the HK6 isnt valuable for its money after reading all impressions here and on Aliexpress. I am having a hard time believing that over 44 reviews and over 100 orders would have existed if this was a bad iem. I am having a hard time believing that this new 2018 model with 6 Knowles BA per side will be mediocre. I am also having a hard time believing that this would differ from NICEHCK other middle and high-end products (that also has a lot of good reviews). I am looking forward to hear this, and also see another freq. graph.

And I own the only real competition to these. Those have their merits but the HK6 those aren't. There is a reason why people are buying these. You will find out soon though.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back