The discovery thread!
Nov 11, 2016 at 3:37 AM Post #32,791 of 100,438
So 11/11 sale with the DZ7.
Will it be a good upgrade from the Shockwave III? 

Nov 11, 2016 at 5:46 AM Post #32,793 of 100,438
So 11/11 sale with the DZ7.
Will it be a good upgrade from the Shockwave III? 
I have the DZ9 and the shockwave 3 and DZ9 is on another level.
It has a more neutral signature but has the better tuning to my ears.
The DZ9 has a soundstage that has forward focus.
It sounds like the band is playing in front of you. (Love it or hate it)
The ear kegs have a spherical sound stage.
To my ears the DZ9 does not suffer from any sonic problems.
Like the ear kegs could use more weight in lower mods and the treble
can sound artificial. Of course the sub bass dosn't reach as low as the ear kegs
but DZ9 is more about accuracy and dosn't come off overly analytical.

Nov 11, 2016 at 6:00 AM Post #32,794 of 100,438
  If I were you I'll cancel the order just look at the picture

Personally, I would even hassle with shipping them back to China, Even if this is a free 2 way shipping. It will take 2 months to arrive back to you hoping it doesn't get lost on the way...
As long as the iem is working and you are happy with it just use some glue.

Just my 2 cents.

Nov 11, 2016 at 10:52 PM Post #32,795 of 100,438
Just got an update from Gareth of the topeco store. Still can't say enough about customer service for these guys. It's really unfortunate build quality may not match up but I'm rolling the dice with their warranty and how helpful they've been(thus far) as a company, honestly putting some US sellers to shame. I'm interested to hear how they handled things with @Kurdt-bada

He kitted it out with a new silver cable and sent me a pic of it before it was picked up today. DHL should have it in a business day or two then it'll be off to me.

Nov 16, 2016 at 4:00 PM Post #32,797 of 100,438
Nov 17, 2016 at 10:33 AM Post #32,798 of 100,438
Guys need some help and or advice here. My DZ7 just arrived to my country (Mex) BUT the package is in another city, in another state. i can't believe it, I read in some posts that Mr Jim from Nicehck exhibits this kind of behaviour. Now I don't know if this is mister jim's fault or the local postal service. I've never had problems with Jim or the postal service before so I don't know what to think. Should I open a dispute in Aliexpress right know? Before the buyer's protection expires? I'm trying to get in touch with the postal service but no luck as I'm writing this post. I'd appreciate some advice here, I'm a bit desperate.

EDIT: I forgot to mention that I contacted Jim, requesting a copy of the document or form showing that the package had the correct address.

Nov 17, 2016 at 11:33 AM Post #32,800 of 100,438
Guys need some help and or advice here. My DZ7 just arrived to my country (Mex) BUT the package is in another city, in another state. i can't believe it, I read in some posts that Mr Jim from Nicehck exhibits this kind of behaviour. Now I don't know if this is mister jim's fault or the local postal service. I've never had problems with Jim or the postal service before so I don't know what to think. Should I open a dispute in Aliexpress right know? Before the buyer's protection expires? I'm trying to get in touch with the postal service but no luck as I'm writing this post. I'd appreciate some advice here, I'm a bit desperate.

EDIT: I forgot to mention that I contacted Jim, requesting a copy of the document or form showing that the package had the correct address.

Could it just be en-route to your location via the other city? AliExpress mail is often like internet hops - it never takes the shortest route but gets bounced around through different hubs.

Nov 17, 2016 at 11:45 AM Post #32,801 of 100,438
Could it just be en-route to your location via the other city? AliExpress mail is often like internet hops - it never takes the shortest route but gets bounced around through different hubs.

Very unlikely, all packages arrive to Mexico City (where I live ), and then dispatched to another cities or states. The tracking itself shows that the package was at Mx City airport (as usual, it's always like that) in route to the local postal office, and then the next event shows the package was received in the postal office in another city, in another state. I'm just hoping Jim gave me a wrong tracking number. I haven't got any luck contacting the local postal office.

Package was shipped using China post.

Nov 17, 2016 at 11:46 AM Post #32,802 of 100,438

Might be its still in sorting facilty in that city then dispatchedt o your destination....... If you are running out of opening the dispute window pls open asap.

Nov 17, 2016 at 11:52 AM Post #32,803 of 100,438
Might be its still in sorting facilty in that city then dispatchedt o your destination....... If you are running out of opening the dispute window pls open asap.

I'm waiting for Jim to confirm the tracking number and adress is correct. I have 23 days left to open a dispute.I'll ask the postman that delivers all my packages what can we do, or if he could track the package in the other state.

The sorting facility is here in Mx City, at the airport and all packages are delivered from here to the rest of the country.

If it was delivered to someone else, I would open dispute with Aliexpress.

Not yet delivered, but it's impossible to know right now if the tracking number was correct, or if it is Jims fault or the postal service.

Edit: Jim replied, I asked for a copy of the customs form to be sure the name and address was correct but he went silent after that. Hope he's looking for it

Nov 17, 2016 at 5:09 PM Post #32,804 of 100,438
Just got the DC8 in so here are some quick, very early impressions with comparison to the FLC8s(Red/Grey/Grey). I will post some main differences.

Treble: I never found the FLC8 to be sibilant listening to only them(or comparing to my FXT-90) but the DC8s make the FLCs sound a little sibilant and harsh in the treble region.

Bass: The DC8 has slightly better sub-bass extension, sub bass is also a hair louder with much better control than the FLC8. FLC8 has more low-mid bass.

Mids: The DC8 is much more flat across the mid ranges to me and sounds a little warmer than the FLC8. Listening to things like piano runs up across the entire range, the DC8 is more even while the FLC kinda has a dip.

Imaging: Both are pretty neck and neck to me right now but this is a category I need to really focus on and doing A/B testing with IEMs is tough.

Soundstage: A hair wider on the DC8. Just enough to say "Oh yea, that's a larger soundstage."

Speed: The DC8 is simply the faster iem. The bass control is very remarkable and transients seem crisper and a bit more realistic.

EDIT: Comfort: The DC8 is superior. The FLC8 has a non angled entry into the ear. The DC8 has a very nicely contoured upward entry. FLC8 Fatigue really hits me after about 45-50 minutes but I'm at an hour and still fine with the DC8. I use spinfits on both iems

So that's it for right now. These are still very very early impressions. I'm very impressed with the sub-bass and bass in general actually for this being an all BA. The mids are also more musical than the FLC and there's less treble harshness. Metal that got iffy with the FLC8 is incredibly pleasant with the DC8.

Nov 17, 2016 at 11:02 PM Post #32,805 of 100,438
A4 in the house! Right off the bat LZ nailed ergonomics, really easy to wear either cable up or cable down. The cable it self is very soft and supple, easy to use and not ill behaved. The A4 comes with a dizzying array of filters and accessories, with 18 possible tuning combination. The stock combination out of the box is great and it feels like an improvement over the beta iem.

I picked up the box from the post office quite late in the day and haven't had time to try all the filters but I will be posting a proper first impressions post with a lot more detail in the next day or two. 

Some pictures I shot with my potato phone.

As you can see there are 18 possible tunings and so I want to have a listen to them all atleast once before I comment on the sound. I haven't even tried different tips, so some ways to go before I say anything definitive but I do like what I am hearing out of the box. Specially liking the dry midrange, really enjoying the new in flames album with the A4 at the moment. 

Suffice to say, my impressions out of the box is positive. The A4 has a great build quality, decently large accessory set, a well designed cable and NO FREAKING DRIVER FLEX. Seriously this is my biggest pet peeve, I hate hearing the crunch of drivers flexing when I insert an iem. And its nice that I haven't experienced it even ONCE with the LZ A4. So hats off to LZ for nailing the design and ergonomics.

Edit: Here is a more colourful representation of the tuning possibilities (image created by me)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back