The discovery thread!
May 7, 2014 at 1:20 PM Post #24,346 of 103,548
  i have both but i dont like the ckm500 at all (probably because of the genre i listen to). to me the kc06 is far far better than the ckm500. just fyi kc06A has already been released and on its way to my doorstep 
biggrin.gif
 i suggest you wait for the kc06A review before pulling the trigger

Wait, there are two versions? :D

What is the difference? The name suggests they are very similar, but is there any significant difference? 

Also, where can i get them? Don't find them on ebay.

May 7, 2014 at 1:25 PM Post #24,347 of 103,548

What is the difference? The name suggests they are very similar, but is there any significant difference? 

the kc06A is a newer, better version (as stated in their website) and it also looks better. i got it from shenzhenaudio.com but i believe it is already sold out. heres the picture of the kc06A

May 7, 2014 at 1:32 PM Post #24,348 of 103,548

This:
Some KC06A impressions from China:

"Compared to kc06, significantly increased low frequency sound field slightly expanded, more domineering appearance"

"Always cost-effective high, analytical good, with low-frequency elastic dive better, the sound field is also big, male good to hear, listening to pop Very Good, very much like"

"Workmanship is very good, good quality, sound than the siege progressed more than a little bit, I think the price is higher than the siege!"

Yet to be seen if they are "better" though. And as always, preferences will come into play.

May 7, 2014 at 1:39 PM Post #24,349 of 103,548
Sidy DM2, a new discovery by Twister6 in the Chinese/Asian thread.  Based on all of the stuff in his profile, these seem to be legit!  $65 from Penonaudio.  Another competitor to Tenore/KC06/Havi B3/ATH-IM50?

"Just had to pick up my jaw off the ground!!! Got today a package from Penonaudio (the ONLY place to get your headphone gems!!!) with... SIDY DM2. 

Had only a few hours of burn-in, and it's already mind blowing.  Don't even need to use black (extra bass) or silver (upfront mids) filter duct - they do change the sound, but it becomes either too sub-bassy or the opposite way with a complete removal of the bass.  Red filter-duct is "golden" together with included audio-technica eartips - perfectly balanced transparent sound with amazing crystal clear details, even with some bass enhancement extended down to sub-bass and fast punchy mid bass, great treble details, no sibilance, clear/detailed mids (vocals sound amazing), wide front row soundstage (much wider than average).  Great build quality though a bit slippery due to the shape (all metal housing).  Great cable, no microphonics, but surprised there is no chin slider.  The only concern is a short strain relief by earpieces.  But everything else is perfection.  I know, it's a new toy hype :)  I will be working on my usual review for XDA, so will provide a full review link and will post detailed pictures in a few days.

So far, I'm very impressed!!!"

"IM03 sounds a bit fuller and richer in tonality, overall a little more detailed.  Though DM2 sounds a bit thinner, we are NOT talking about night'n'day difference.  If anything, with a red duct-filter it's almost like a scaled down version of IM03.  OK, we are talking about triple BA driver IEM with a removable cable design and sturdier build that cost $300 more. So if you put things in perspective, single dynamic driver DM2 is an AMAZING value with a FANTASTIC sound.  The only negative is a short strain relief and narrowed down toward the end slippery body (which at the same time contributes to a great acoustics of wide soundstage).

I wasn't sure what to get, and Penonaudio guys actually recommended this one to me.  That was an excellent recommendation.  If you think about it, SIDY => DIY-Sound with all the customization you can get from different tips and duct filters."

"Silver line cable version.  The soundstage is definitely wide...  I had probably 4-5hr of burn in with pink loop, the sound just gets better, tighter.  Using red filter and supplied large size AT eartips.  I'm very impressed!!!  Can't wait to get a second opinion, from you :wink:
This is exactly a sound I was looking for awhile.  I love balanced sound with some bass quantity - this one nails it.  It's not too bright, a bit warm but not too much.  Perfect separation of lows, mids, treble.  Very detailed with a wide soundstage where I can pin point every sound.  Definitely sounds natural to me."

May 7, 2014 at 1:51 PM Post #24,350 of 103,548
  Sidy DM2, a new discovery by Twister6 in the Chinese/Asian thread.  Based on all of the stuff in his profile, these seem to be legit!  $65 from Penonaudio.  Another competitor to Tenore/KC06/Havi B3/ATH-IM50?

"Just had to pick up my jaw off the ground!!! Got today a package from Penonaudio (the ONLY place to get your headphone gems!!!) with... SIDY DM2. 

Had only a few hours of burn-in, and it's already mind blowing.  Don't even need to use black (extra bass) or silver (upfront mids) filter duct - they do change the sound, but it becomes either too sub-bassy or the opposite way with a complete removal of the bass.  Red filter-duct is "golden" together with included audio-technica eartips - perfectly balanced transparent sound with amazing crystal clear details, even with some bass enhancement extended down to sub-bass and fast punchy mid bass, great treble details, no sibilance, clear/detailed mids (vocals sound amazing), wide front row soundstage (much wider than average).  Great build quality though a bit slippery due to the shape (all metal housing).  Great cable, no microphonics, but surprised there is no chin slider.  The only concern is a short strain relief by earpieces.  But everything else is perfection.  I know, it's a new toy hype :)  I will be working on my usual review for XDA, so will provide a full review link and will post detailed pictures in a few days.

So far, I'm very impressed!!!"

"IM03 sounds a bit fuller and richer in tonality, overall a little more detailed.  Though DM2 sounds a bit thinner, we are NOT talking about night'n'day difference.  If anything, with a red duct-filter it's almost like a scaled down version of IM03.  OK, we are talking about triple BA driver IEM with a removable cable design and sturdier build that cost $300 more. So if you put things in perspective, single dynamic driver DM2 is an AMAZING value with a FANTASTIC sound.  The only negative is a short strain relief and narrowed down toward the end slippery body (which at the same time contributes to a great acoustics of wide soundstage).

I wasn't sure what to get, and Penonaudio guys actually recommended this one to me.  That was an excellent recommendation.  If you think about it, SIDY => DIY-Sound with all the customization you can get from different tips and duct filters."

"Silver line cable version.  The soundstage is definitely wide...  I had probably 4-5hr of burn in with pink loop, the sound just gets better, tighter.  Using red filter and supplied large size AT eartips.  I'm very impressed!!!  Can't wait to get a second opinion, from you :wink:
This is exactly a sound I was looking for awhile.  I love balanced sound with some bass quantity - this one nails it.  It's not too bright, a bit warm but not too much.  Perfect separation of lows, mids, treble.  Very detailed with a wide soundstage where I can pin point every sound.  Definitely sounds natural to me."

Wow, that really sounds interesting. They have a version with a mic as well, which is a big plus for me. However, that version had a totally different cable.

With mic version is 1.2 m 64 core OFC oxygen-free copper double shielded anti-brushed TPE environmental can withstand 20KG pulling.

Silver Line Edition uses 18 core silver wire, double insulation material TPE ,the skin is environmental wire.

Does that mean that there will be any difference in sound? Or am I good to go with the mic version?

May 7, 2014 at 3:03 PM Post #24,352 of 103,548
  I'll just leave this here: 

Cool stuff - thanks! I'm not sure if this is the exact same track, but it sounds like it might be a higher bitrate (and it sounds a little more "banging" :)

https://soundcloud.com/pauloakenfold/dragonfly-presents-paul

May 7, 2014 at 10:37 PM Post #24,355 of 103,548
Just ordered the ocharaku donguri raki for $187 XD.....cant wait :grin:.....liquid crystal polymer drivers from Sony ....ohhh yeah:yum:

From where?

May 7, 2014 at 10:46 PM Post #24,357 of 103,548
thanks

May 7, 2014 at 11:19 PM Post #24,360 of 103,548

Users who are viewing this thread

Back