The discovery thread!
Apr 20, 2014 at 9:44 AM Post #24,001 of 103,478
(using skateboard wood seems more fashion statement than audio inspired)

Apr 20, 2014 at 7:13 PM Post #24,002 of 103,478
also who knows what the driver is really :)
And is that measurement from the driver's specs, or as sold and installed in the final unit.

Apr 20, 2014 at 8:11 PM Post #24,003 of 103,478
  also who knows what the driver is really :)
And is that measurement from the driver's specs, or as sold and installed in the final unit.

Well hey, if they are really into the whole "green" nonesense then those drivers must be PAPER, of course
biggrin.gif

Apr 20, 2014 at 11:00 PM Post #24,005 of 103,478
Is there anyone here that has heard both the ATH IM70 and the FAD Heaven IV?

On a purely technical scale, the IM70 pulls ahead. But if ethereal, beautiful vocals and mids are your thing then go Heaven IV. Honestly you can't go wrong with either.

Apr 20, 2014 at 11:16 PM Post #24,006 of 103,478
On a purely technical scale, the IM70 pulls ahead. But if ethereal, beautiful vocals and mids are your thing then go Heaven IV. Honestly you can't go wrong with either.

Thanks. I actually already have the IM70 but seen the Heaven IV at quite a low price on Amazon UK and wondered what it was like in comparison. I'll just stick with my IM70.

Apr 21, 2014 at 1:57 AM Post #24,007 of 103,478
Is there anyone here that has heard both the ATH IM70 and the FAD Heaven IV?

I wanna hear the Heaven IV so bad!! It sounds magical...

Apr 21, 2014 at 3:24 AM Post #24,009 of 103,478

I'd suggest the Heaven V if you have the chance to try them. There's just something special about that has to be heard to be believed. It's a love/hate kinda thing.

I was totally thinking of the V! My bad! I'm tempted to just purchase it, but its a little pricey! I wish I could hear it somewhere first...

Apr 21, 2014 at 4:00 AM Post #24,010 of 103,478

I'd suggest the Heaven V if you have the chance to try them. There's just something special about that has to be heard to be believed. It's a love/hate kinda thing.

I was totally thinking of the V! My bad! I'm tempted to just purchase it, but its a little pricey! I wish I could hear it somewhere first...

A wise man once told me "purchase what you want instead of a stepping stone." If you want the Heaven V then I would say just purchase them. There is no need to play around with the IM70.

Apr 21, 2014 at 12:27 PM Post #24,013 of 103,478

Agreed. Although for me it's pretty much an all love kinda thing haha.

I've heard my friend's IM70 and tbh, the Heaven V is superior in every way. The IM70 had more bass quantity but it sounded bloated and loose compared to the Heaven V's bass.

Apr 22, 2014 at 11:42 AM Post #24,014 of 103,478

Agreed. Although for me it's pretty much an all love kinda thing haha.

I've heard my friend's IM70 and tbh, the Heaven V is superior in every way. The IM70 had more bass quantity but it sounded bloated and loose compared to the Heaven V's bass.

i see you got the te-05, how do they compare?? (te-05 and heaven V) im looking to buy some new earphones, quite interested in these two

Apr 22, 2014 at 2:51 PM Post #24,015 of 103,478
  i see you got the te-05, how do they compare?? (te-05 and heaven V) im looking to buy some new earphones, quite interested in these two

Here's what I posted in this thread a month ago:

I actually greatly prefer the Heaven V to the TE-05. When I listen to the TE-05, I think "Hmm, good technical capabilities, great bass and treble extension, nice soundstage, decent imaging, etc..." But that's it. I don't feel like I have any emotional connection with my music. The Heaven V draws me in every time, and still does after 8 months of owning it. The music sounds more real and present, whereas the TE-05 sounds a bit too thin for my tastes. And although the TE-05 has decent imaging, I would say the Heaven V's imaging and layering of instruments is definitely superior. Soundstage is comparable in size. I think the TE-05 may be slightly taller in soundstage while the Heaven V is slightly wider and deeper. And mids on TE-05 sound nowhere as beautiful as on the Heaven V. They're still very technically great mids, but it lacks that magical quality the Heaven V's mids have. No other headphone or IEM allows me to lose myself in my music like the Heaven V does. Not even FAD's own full-sized Pandora Hope VI could match the Heaven V in this regard, despite coming close. Even after reading about all the amazing things said about the H3 and FX850, the only IEM that I still crave to get a chance to listen to is the Heaven VI.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back