The discovery thread!
Feb 27, 2014 at 10:12 PM Post #22,564 of 100,680
Feb 27, 2014 at 10:19 PM Post #22,566 of 100,680
For guys that were worried about the size of the FX850.. They fit wonderfully over the ear.. The housing fits flush inside your ear canal much like how the FXZ earphones did..No worries if they will fit..The design is actually very genius. Worn over ears they don' t stick out like the H3 or the TF10 does.

I also find them very comfy this way as well.

Feb 27, 2014 at 10:33 PM Post #22,567 of 100,680
Do you need to flip channels to wear the FX850 over ear?

Or can swapping cable sides fix the channels?

Feb 27, 2014 at 10:40 PM Post #22,568 of 100,680
Nope no channel swapping needed. They fit perfect over the ears and the housing sit flush against the outter ear. part of the housing sits inside the ear actually so the housing leans into the ears so they don't stick out like when you have them straight down.  It was clearly made to be worn this way.. Over ears instead of straight down. Otherwise these might be a bit too bulky and heavy for some guys to be worn straight down. .

Isolation is fantastic on these by the way...

Feb 27, 2014 at 10:45 PM Post #22,569 of 100,680
  Nope no channel swapping needed. They fit perfect over the ears and the housing sit flush against the outter ear. part of the housing sits inside the ear actually so the housing leans into the ears so they don't stick out like when you have them straight down.  It was clearly made to be worn this way.. Over ears instead of straight down. Otherwise these might be a bit too bulky and heavy for some guys to be worn straight down. .

Isolation is fantastic on these by the way...

How's DAT BASS?!?

Feb 27, 2014 at 11:04 PM Post #22,570 of 100,680
These are a mix between the mid lushness of the Haven V, The scope of sound and touch of that Cardas warmth and tonality. Presented with one of the biggest sound chambers I have seen in an earphone, CKS1K style depth and even greater width of sound..Woodie Timbre is simply awesome.  The scope of sound is unbelievably large. The largest I have ever heard in an earphone. These don't sound like earphones they sound like a well realized full sized can in every way..

Bass is solid and does have mid and sub bass in the mix for this sound. The bass is on a very similar level as the H3s. In other words several dbs less bass than the SRH1540s..I will do a proper A/B in due time. I need to burn these in real good to see how the sound settles but once done I will give a much better impression of where the bass is as well as the overall sound.  I was mentioning to Danny that this big forward sound without mid bass would sound off..Absolutely musical and organic in approach...The balance is very commendable on these actually. No harsh treble of any type.. These have lushness in the sound signature like no other phone I have heard..

I was so very close to getting the IM03 and I am so happy with my Doppios for a BA phone,  I wanted a completely new sounding earphones. I chose well for certain.. The best sounding JVCs I have ever heard by far.

Feb 27, 2014 at 11:15 PM Post #22,571 of 100,680

yea man i was quite surprise too. go to their fb page an also like this one > https://www.facebook.com/pages/SLCG-ENTERPRISE/118054608225288 < look at their demo sales. cheappppp

Ehhh. I liked only their main facebook page so the deal didn't show up there :frowning2: Sarawak is so far away and they only sell to the locals anyway

Feb 28, 2014 at 1:30 AM Post #22,572 of 100,680
Be a friend and take a pic of the FX850 on your ears. Would be greatly appreciated. It's the only hold up for me. Have to decide if I feel comfortable wearing these outside. Since the soundstage is so good, may use them as my home cans and the rockets for commute.

Feb 28, 2014 at 4:08 AM Post #22,573 of 100,680
  Ehhh. I liked only their main facebook page so the deal didn't show up there :frowning2: Sarawak is so far away and they only sell to the locals anyway

actually they do post to anywhere in malaysia. in fact they just posted the hph200 to seremban for me. but charged for rm20. if you wanna meet up to test the hph200 just tell me man hahah i think my unit will arrive next monday. 

Feb 28, 2014 at 5:20 AM Post #22,575 of 100,680

Users who are viewing this thread

Back