The discovery thread!
Jan 30, 2014 at 10:10 AM Post #20,776 of 102,991
Go to the ugomark link

Click on "This product on taobao.com" link on the right hand side, where the seller details are. Once at the taobao page, hover around the word 所有分类, which means entire product range. A drop down will show the full list of products. Click on B3-Pro.

The ones on ugolink posted by Negakinu that translates the product as "Harvey B3 box flavor ie2 dynamic two-unit double -ear headphones hifi professional super- iron Christmas gifts" is actually called B3-c on the original taobao website. 

Jan 30, 2014 at 10:19 AM Post #20,777 of 102,991
  Go to the ugomark link

Click on "This product on taobao.com" link on the right hand side, where the seller details are. Once at the taobao page, hover around the word 所有分类, which means entire product range. A drop down will show the full list of products. Click on B3-Pro.

The ones on ugolink posted by Negakinu that translates the product as "Harvey B3 box flavor ie2 dynamic two-unit double -ear headphones hifi professional super- iron Christmas gifts" is actually called B3-c on the original taobao website. 

Why didn't you tell me this earlier... :p I asked the seller for a possible exchange. Small chance, but who knows. It's a shame really. The Havi B3 I have at home right now looks and feels the part, but sounds like a $10 IEM. :frowning2:

Jan 30, 2014 at 10:20 AM Post #20,778 of 102,991
  Go to the ugomark link

Thanks!
So I followed your link and got to this page: http://item.taobao.com/item.htm?spm=a1z10.5.w4002-4437187958.15.ZsJUwl&id=36052562138

Hope this is the right item haha

Jan 30, 2014 at 4:07 PM Post #20,782 of 102,991
Somewhat off topic, but there really isn't any topic here (not completely true, but it's very loose here), did want to tap the collective wisdom here. There are gone Hifiman HE-400 at Amazon for a very good price... Any one know /like /despise these (or other feelings or impressions)?

Jan 30, 2014 at 4:15 PM Post #20,783 of 102,991
Somewhat off topic, but there really isn't any topic here (not completely true, but it's very loose here), did want to tap the collective wisdom here. There are gone Hifiman HE-400 at Amazon for a very good price... Any one know /like /despise these (or other feelings or impressions)?

Like them? I have the HE-500, and they are unreal. The HE-400 at $299 is an excellent buy.

I do want to sell mine though (to get the HE-560)

Jan 30, 2014 at 4:28 PM Post #20,785 of 102,991
I currently use the he400 for home listening, and absolutely love the sound. At their original price of 400 they were considered to be an excellent value, possibly one of the last headphones before diminishing returns for cost kicks in. They are very much an open phone where sound not only leaks out, but floods. While not necessarily at basshead levels, there is no denying the bass is one of its best features. The main complaint I have about them is the cable is long and bulky, and replacement cables are expensive due to a non standard headphone connection.

Jan 30, 2014 at 4:43 PM Post #20,786 of 102,991
@DannyBai

Nice Heaven V impressions and comparisons!

I always have trouble when people ask if they are better than something else. It's always like, ummm it depends haha. But just listening to them this morning, soooo happy.

For anyone on the fence and wants other than sound info, cables are microphonic but very supple so wearing them down and just loosely looping them over your ear is reaaaally easy and works a charm, because they are flat and are angled perfectly for doing so. There's a picture in the FAD thread... Somewhere.

Thank you! I'm not a fan of doing comparisons or reviews but will try and do what I can when asked.

As for the cable, I'm not a fan of flat cables but FAD has accomplished a very nice flat cable here.

Jan 30, 2014 at 5:05 PM Post #20,788 of 102,991
I guess the body question is, do I jump in (they are selling some new ones for $299 as wel), or hold off for something like the 5s, or LCD2?

Jan 30, 2014 at 5:18 PM Post #20,789 of 102,991
I guess the body question is, do I jump in (they are selling some new ones for $299 as wel), or hold off for something like the 5s, or LCD2?

It's your money.... I say JUMP!!! 
biggrin.gif

Jan 30, 2014 at 5:38 PM Post #20,790 of 102,991
:)
True, it's my money, till I give it away (I try to think of it as doing my part for the economy, adding stimulus)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back