Jan 28, 2014 at 3:40 AM Post #20,627 of 102,824
I'm fairly sure memes and pics of buns are off topic
tongue.gif

Everybody read his disclaimer
biggrin.gif

Jan 28, 2014 at 3:41 AM Post #20,628 of 102,824
I'm fairly sure memes and pics of buns are off topic
tongue.gif

Nah, they are fine - some members are just discovering some profound truths and words can't convey their emotions, so they have to resort to more visual means. 
And anyway, unless you broaden your understanding of the word "discovery", this has always been an off topic thread and that begs the unanswerable question - when does an off topic thread stop being on topic?

Jan 28, 2014 at 6:55 AM Post #20,629 of 102,824

Leo888, 

I did some listening yesterday and today with the Heaven V Aging, S2 and MA750 using the DX50.  I'd advise to download the new firmware 1.28 for the DX50 released today.  Sounds really nice.  

I'll start with the vocals.  The edge goes to the FAD and the S2 comes a close second.  The S2 tends to show some sibilance on occasion but the FAD doesn't.  There's a little more air with the S2 being open but still the FAD's shine a little more.  It has a thicker note and shines with male vocals more over the S2.  The MA750's lag behind both due to the bass being more intrusive and sounds recessed compared.  

Instrument separation is apparent with the S2 and the openness of the sound helps here.  I here it with the MA750's also but I can pinpoint it better with the S2 and FAD.  The FAD's ability to define the instruments places it on top again.  Bass guitar notes sound excellent out of the FAD's.  

The MA750's sound the thickest and the S2 is on the thin side.  The FAD's are between the two.  Bass speed goes to the FAD's then S2 and MA750 last.  I wouldn't call the S2 thin but comparing the three, that's where it's placed.  

The MA750's have that big sound and works well with EDM, trance and is fine with most other genres.  S2's sound fine with most genres too but it excels with female vocals, acoustic and most music that sounds good with lots of air.  The FAD's being somewhere in the middle works well with everything I throw at it.  The key is definition of instruments, vocals and placement is the best here.  I don't find the other two really lacking compared but I enjoy the sound out of the FAD's the most and hear it more clearly.

The FAD's are the only armature driver of the three and also it's only a single driver.  The sound that comes out of it really doesn't sound like any armature driver I've heard.  It sounds more like quads.  I say this because I've heard dual, triple and quads and it reminds me of the TG334 which has quad drivers.  I can't stand thin armature driver sound and my experience with IEM's like the Meelec. A151 which comes to mind just blew any confidence I had with single armature drivers.  I realize there's plenty out there that are more than capable I haven't heard but it's a point of reference for me.  It has the clarity of an armature driver but shows authority and pure sonic enjoyment I get from dynamic drivers.  

The FAD's are the best balanced without recession in any frequency and I don't hear any frequencies that are overly tuned.  It's definitely not flat sounding because I can't stand that type of sound either.  I think many would enjoy this sound and it's my new mid-tier point of reference.  

I enjoy it as much as the H3 and more so than the Doppio's.  All three sound nothing alike so that's another comparison for someone more capable which I'm sure will do down the road.  

Pretty enjoyable read. Nice comparisons, and thanks danny.

Thanks for the impressions...still waiting for my Heavens, shipping from Taiwan, so who knows when they'll get here. I have the other 2, I've never been the biggest booster of either one, curious to see how I'll take to HEAVEN
Have been liking Oms, as mentioned earlier, Pistons on kazillion hour break in...
Later..

Jan 28, 2014 at 7:39 AM Post #20,630 of 102,824
Huh, what's this...
ha-fx850_bunkai.jpg

New JVC's. FX650/750/850
HA-FX850
New
Open price ※
Will be released in late February 2014

hi_reso_logo.gif
space.gif
ha-fx850_icon01.gif
ha-fx850_750_650_icon02.gif
ha-fx850_750_650_icon03.gif
copy_of_copy_of_copy_of_space.gif

ha-fx850_prod.jpg

※ product of open price does not impose a manufacturer's suggested retail price.

Key Features

It is equipped with a new "wood dome unit" to achieve a spread of natural sound and beautiful sound

ha-fx850_750_wood_dome.jpg

Place the newly developed "Wood diffuser" which is processed into a ring-shaped and processed into dome-shaped with a thin film processing technology of our own on the front of the "wood dome diaphragm". Is allowed to diffuse the sound, providing a spread of natural sound.

It is equipped with a new structure "hybrid acoustic damper" to reduce the vibration in a wide band loss of unit

By using hold the unit in the "Wood damper" of new development with the "tree" and (brass) ring brass large specific gravity, it is possible to reduce the broadband vibration loss of the unit, providing a sound reproduction clear high resolution . In addition, pressed by brass ring also the front of the unit by the deployment of "acoustic damper dual hybrid" structure, it is possible to improve the damping property further, HA-FX850 will increase the resolution.

It is equipped to absorb unwanted vibration, a new development "Wood ring absorber"

850_750_woodling_absorber.jpg

The optimum control of the sound. Housing equipped with a wood ring absorber "to absorb unwanted vibration transmitted to the brass ring of the rear housing, providing clear sound with no turbidity.

I adopt the "Wood housing" convey the sound of sound rich sense of reality

I adopt the housing of the headphones "tree" also (housing). By maximizing the characteristics of the "Wood dome unit" to play realistic rich reverberations spread and natural sound.

It is attached with new development "spiral dot earpiece" to achieve a clear sound

It is attached to suppress the turbidity of the sound is diffused dimples provided in the earpiece inner wall the reflected sound of the earpiece that is the cause of quality deterioration, to achieve a clear sound the "spiral dot earpiece". Memory foam earpiece that fits snuggly into the ear with the soft touch is also included.
ha-fx700_teihan.jpg
Memory foam earpiece
※ It is the service parts handling. (Each 2 pcs S, M)

hp-fx700_silicon.jpg
Silicon earpiece​

earpiece_danmen.jpg
Earpiece sectional view​

I adopt a detachable cord with MMCX terminal

850_code.jpg

Carrying case included for portability

ha-fx850fx750_fx650_case.jpg

Package & plug part

ha-fx850_package.jpg

ha-fx850_plug.jpg

The HA-FX850 Specifications

ModelDynamic
Hi-Res supportYes
Unit diameterφ11.0 mm
Output sound pressure level106dB/1mW
Play frequency band6Hz ~ 45,000 Hz
Impedance16Ω
Maximum permissible input200 mW (IEC ※)
Code1.2m (Y type) OFC (MMCX removable)
Input plugφ3.5 24 mm gold-plated stereo mini-plug, metal sleeve adoption
Mass(Without cord) 13.0g
Accessories2 each 2 each earpiece S, M, L, memory foam earpiece S, M, code keeper, clip, carry

Discuss :)

Jan 28, 2014 at 7:46 AM Post #20,631 of 102,824
Exactly. I got completely spun skimming through the read and seein MA750's. I thought he was hyping the sony's and darn near had a stroke. Had to do a double take to get the pulse rate down.

Now when I see the phrase "Also born Chic" after an espousal of origin that is decidedly not French, it begs the question. When you say born chic, does that mean you are something else now?

Nah, still the guy as I was born to be. Ok, the word chic may means chick with other languages but it's supposed to mean conforming to current fashion and or style.

So, in essence to what I means by chic is to be able to conform to the current styles and flavours which props out from this thread. You get such varied mix and matches with anything related to head gears to be had here. Gears, music, drama and best of all trolling. Conforming is needed to really enjoy what goes on in the thread.

So, cheers to all who have kept this going.

Jan 28, 2014 at 8:53 AM Post #20,633 of 102,824
Huh, what's this...
ha-fx850_bunkai.jpg

New JVC's. FX650/750/850
HA-FX850
New
Open price ※
Will be released in late February 2014

hi_reso_logo.gif

space.gif

ha-fx850_icon01.gif

ha-fx850_750_650_icon02.gif

ha-fx850_750_650_icon03.gif

copy_of_copy_of_copy_of_space.gif

ha-fx850_prod.jpg

※ product of open price does not impose a manufacturer's suggested retail price.

Key Features

It is equipped with a new "wood dome unit" to achieve a spread of natural sound and beautiful sound

ha-fx850_750_wood_dome.jpg

Place the newly developed "Wood diffuser" which is processed into a ring-shaped and processed into dome-shaped with a thin film processing technology of our own on the front of the "wood dome diaphragm". Is allowed to diffuse the sound, providing a spread of natural sound.

It is equipped with a new structure "hybrid acoustic damper" to reduce the vibration in a wide band loss of unit

By using hold the unit in the "Wood damper" of new development with the "tree" and (brass) ring brass large specific gravity, it is possible to reduce the broadband vibration loss of the unit, providing a sound reproduction clear high resolution . In addition, pressed by brass ring also the front of the unit by the deployment of "acoustic damper dual hybrid" structure, it is possible to improve the damping property further, HA-FX850 will increase the resolution.

It is equipped to absorb unwanted vibration, a new development "Wood ring absorber"

850_750_woodling_absorber.jpg

The optimum control of the sound. Housing equipped with a wood ring absorber "to absorb unwanted vibration transmitted to the brass ring of the rear housing, providing clear sound with no turbidity.

I adopt the "Wood housing" convey the sound of sound rich sense of reality

I adopt the housing of the headphones "tree" also (housing). By maximizing the characteristics of the "Wood dome unit" to play realistic rich reverberations spread and natural sound.

It is attached with new development "spiral dot earpiece" to achieve a clear sound

It is attached to suppress the turbidity of the sound is diffused dimples provided in the earpiece inner wall the reflected sound of the earpiece that is the cause of quality deterioration, to achieve a clear sound the "spiral dot earpiece". Memory foam earpiece that fits snuggly into the ear with the soft touch is also included.

ha-fx700_teihan.jpg

Memory foam earpiece
[COLOR=B67F00]※ It is the service parts handling.[/COLOR] [COLOR=B67F00](Each 2 pcs S, M)[/COLOR]

hp-fx700_silicon.jpg

Silicon earpiece​

earpiece_danmen.jpg

Earpiece sectional view​

I adopt a detachable cord with MMCX terminal

850_code.jpg

Carrying case included for portability

ha-fx850fx750_fx650_case.jpg

Package & plug part

ha-fx850_package.jpg

ha-fx850_plug.jpg

The HA-FX850 Specifications

ModelDynamic
Hi-Res supportYes
Unit diameterφ11.0 mm
Output sound pressure level106dB/1mW
Play frequency band6Hz ~ 45,000 Hz
Impedance16Ω
Maximum permissible input200 mW (IEC ※)
Code1.2m (Y type) OFC (MMCX removable)
Input plugφ3.5 24 mm gold-plated stereo mini-plug, metal sleeve adoption
Mass(Without cord) 13.0g
Accessories2 each 2 each earpiece S, M, L, memory foam earpiece S, M, code keeper, clip, carry

Discuss :)

:blink: **proceeds to hide wallet**

Edit: also, they look huge.

Jan 28, 2014 at 9:23 AM Post #20,634 of 102,824
I ordered my B3 from the Taobao website and love them for the price I paid. They included lots of gifts including a cleaning cloth, hard zipper case and additional foam tips. I think i have mentioned before that there are still some pro versions circulating at the time I ordered around 2 weeks ago. They were advertised as such and I believe i got what i ordered.

Sound was fantastic for vocals and instruments. There was no bloated bass to speak of and definitely no muddiness at all. I should know, i am an unashamed anti-basshead. Love it.

Thanks for the recommendation, bhazard.

Do you remember which link you ordered it from? The link with the most orders is the one sending out the new different tuning I think.

Jan 28, 2014 at 9:48 AM Post #20,638 of 102,824
  Do you remember which link you ordered it from? The link with the most orders is the one sending out the new different tuning I think.

I remember out of the 3, it was the one with a dude's photo. When I bought, they had multiple listings of the respective versions, now they have narrowed it down to 3. Even with that, I wonder how the store is able to differentiate. I only have one so I can't tell if there is a difference in the outer packaging. There must be a way they could tell those apart in order to despatch the relevant ones. 

The pros sold the least out of the lot, apparently, the enhanced version sold the most and I think is more popular with the general audience for the widest range of music.

Sometimes, I don't think the forwarders understand a buyer's request even if he asked for the professional version, they just see the word "professional", take that as a positive and tell the buyer yes as a reply, assuming that question is asking the if the guy handling the order knows what is he is doing or a professional . Those Chinese business are always too quick to say yes to money. 

Has the bass tightened up and the clarity improved on your enhanced version after the burn in?

Jan 28, 2014 at 9:52 AM Post #20,639 of 102,824
@jant71 

Those jvcs look beautiful, the frequency response is improved over the old fx800 model...

it seems to sound better, and it looks better to top it off!

Why must I buy pretty things? 
triportsad.gif

But the heavens go first in my list!

The good thing is that these are also removable, making these the best I've seen so far, my third removable cable iem!

And knowing that the bass has been renowned to be tight and deep in quality, I know these won't be an exception!

I can't wait to hear the mids on these, and the timbre at that...

Jan 28, 2014 at 10:01 AM Post #20,640 of 102,824

Users who are viewing this thread

Back