The discovery thread!
Jan 23, 2014 at 11:06 AM Post #20,208 of 100,632

I keep burning them.

So which tips are best for the Pistons?

I use the Radio Shack Auvios (large green tubing for my ears).

Jan 23, 2014 at 3:24 PM Post #20,215 of 100,632

Received my Havi B3 Pro's today. First impressions are rather disappointing. The build quality seems really good but their signature is very dark with a hefty treble roll-off. They sound wooly and veiled compared to my GR07 MK2 and Hifiman RE0. Even my DUNU DN19 (which has a dark signature as well) is better able in translating detail and treble. They have a low-fi sound right now, to my ears. I'll try different tips and post my final impressions later. 

Jan 23, 2014 at 3:28 PM Post #20,216 of 100,632

Received my Havi B3 Pro's today. First impressions are rather disappointing. The build quality seems really good but their signature is very dark with a hefty treble roll-off. They sound wooly and veiled compared to my GR07 MK2 and Hifiman RE0. Even my DUNU DN19 (which has a dark signature as well) is better able in translating detail and treble. They have a low-fi sound right now, to my ears. I'll try different tips and post my final impressions later. 

They seem to no longer offer the version I have anymore. Sucks. It's the exact opposite of what I have.. neutral, extended, crystal clear. Not dark at all. Yours sound like it is either the 1st stock tuning or the latest stock tuning. The stock ones had boosted bass, boosted mids and rolled off treble.

Jan 23, 2014 at 4:07 PM Post #20,218 of 100,632
They seem to no longer offer the version I have anymore. Sucks. It's the exact opposite of what I have.. neutral, extended, crystal clear. Not dark at all. Yours sound like it is either the 1st stock tuning or the latest stock tuning. The stock ones had boosted bass, boosted mids and rolled off treble.

I think it's also too early to make a call? They just arrived. These are dual dynamics. This is going to take some major burn in times to get to opening up the sound sig. Plus tip changes might be needed?

Jan 23, 2014 at 4:15 PM Post #20,220 of 100,632
  anybody interested in pistons, do not buy it from inshoes on Ebay.
they are fake. pure fake. even though it has no r/l signs, and the line on right phone, they are pure fake.
so crappy sound, it is not even funny.
and the headphones do not even function right, sound cuts in and out, you hear from one side then the other etc.

do not buy from inshoes seller on Ebay!

the item was shipped from yau tong housing in hong kong. if you guys know what these housing units are you will know these can be nothing but fakes. if you do not know, well search them :)

i guess i will buy from the company site, and wait for 30-40 days.

I bought the Pistons from this seller a week ago and they already shipped, so I can't cancel.  How can I tell definitively if they are fakes (apart from sound)?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back