The discovery thread!
Jan 21, 2014 at 8:07 PM Post #19,996 of 100,671
  Not because I don't trust you or everyone here, but it's because I want to save those $30!!!!!

Not that they'll be wasted, but I need to sell the iems I have now, I've been putting it off, and am trying to prepare them for sale. 

I'll sell the ckm500s here for $50 and then I'll buy the pistons!

.....when they reach $16 again. 
tongue.gif

you or anyone else here have any experience with the Superlux 381? There's one headfi'er who swears by them, but that's just one voice. Anyone know if these are a good buy?

Jan 21, 2014 at 8:08 PM Post #19,997 of 100,671
  you should just get it for the sake of novelty... beryllium drivers

^ meh i am not sure if i buy into that type of BS marketing anymore, just like Carbon Nanotubes. If it is true great, but it's all about the masterful tuning. Those unique materials MIGHT enhance the sound, but if the tuning is crap to begin with no amount diamond/beryllium/unicorn/ fairy dust can help them. : P

not to worry, add me to your list of rebels.

until it reaches $16 again, 
tongue_smile.gif
 then I can pretty much smell you later!

NICE!!! great to see there is another one joining THE RESISTANCE!!! LONG LIVE THE RESISTANCE!!!

Jan 21, 2014 at 8:11 PM Post #19,998 of 100,671
  Yeah, I've almost completely stopped drinking since my visit to the ER 3 weeks ago. I'm still not in the greatest shape and still haven't visited my GP for any tests, so I'm keeping my bad drinking at a bare minimum until I get the time to pay him a visit and find out what's the damage and if I can continue with my destructive habits. 

Serious man? I'm really sorry to hear that! I hope you're ok, and I hope that you do get to your GP quickly and deal with whatever is going on. Good luck!

Jan 21, 2014 at 8:13 PM Post #19,999 of 100,671
bought pistons and jvc fx3x this morning. pistons came from the inshoes ebay member and i got the jvc fx3x from ebay as well (UK seller that has sold hundreds of pairs). inshoes seems reputable and is shipping much much faster than ibuyguo at 3 dollars more so easy choice for me.

Good to hear that inshoes sells authentic piston 2's. I offered him $21 each and he accepted right away (I ordered 3). You might be able to offer him less!

Jan 21, 2014 at 8:16 PM Post #20,000 of 100,671
  Yeah, I've almost completely stopped drinking since my visit to the ER 3 weeks ago. I'm still not in the greatest shape and still haven't visited my GP for any tests, so I'm keeping my bad drinking at a bare minimum until I get the time to pay him a visit and find out what's the damage and if I can continue with my destructive habits. 

Nah, no need for that - I'm currently not feeling the urge to get new stuff at all, so I'm safe from all the hype. Also, unfortunately I always remember my paypal password, so it doesn't matter where my wallet is or how wasted I am.

I'm pretty happy you're still hanging in there. I know for sure, however, that the drinking sensation will actually wear itself out, otherwise, you'll be in deep trouble.
As wayne said, good luck, and may you be safe from the drinks.

Sorry I overlooked this post. 
frown.gif
 Was keeping up with everything, but sometimes I skim a few.

Serious man? I'm really sorry to hear that! I hope you're ok, and I hope that you do get to your GP quickly and deal with whatever is going on. Good luck!

^+1
The great thing is that he is controlling it. 

Jan 21, 2014 at 8:19 PM Post #20,001 of 100,671
Good to hear that inshoes sells authentic piston 2's. I offered him $21 each and he accepted right away (I ordered 3). You might be able to offer him less!

you better hope they sell authentics, because word has it he's also sold fakes of the original piston, so if he sold fake originals, might be selling fake 2.0? But I guess you never know until you get the thing in and smell the chocolate?! :)

Jan 21, 2014 at 8:28 PM Post #20,002 of 100,671
They aren't better than the MMDT, Coppers, GR07, EPH-100, or RE-262. They are better than the RE-400 and anything BELOW that price point.

Rebelling against a super high quality IEM, confirmed that way by not just noobs, but well respected headfi'ers, and at dirt cheap prices seems so ....well, I'm not going to say it, but you can think for me and add the proper word _________. If I was walker, I might say full_retard, but I'm not because from me that would seem rude. 
smily_headphones1.gif

I still really don't know who you are talking about? Was it cowculator? I can't see how, because this is hardly "rebelling": "Piston's are good iems and the pricing is fair value up to twice their selling price, not x10 or 20 that some indicated." Is that what got you worked up?

Jan 21, 2014 at 8:30 PM Post #20,003 of 100,671

I'm pretty happy you're still hanging in there. I know for sure, however, that the drinking sensation will actually wear itself out, otherwise, you'll be in deep trouble.

frown.gif
^+1

Thanks. I actually have no issues controlling my drinking habit as I'm not an alcoholic and I'm not addicted - I just like to drink but the last 8 years or so I kinda let myself go and aside from putting on 40 pounds I've also been smoking a lot and when you add alcohol on regular basis to that mix and the health suffers.

Jan 21, 2014 at 8:36 PM Post #20,005 of 100,671

Nah, no need for that - I'm currently not feeling the urge to get new stuff at all, so I'm safe from all the hype. Also, unfortunately I always remember my paypal password, so it doesn't matter where my wallet is or how wasted I am.

+

+

frown.gif
^+1

^ Say it ain't so Drunken Masa' say it ain't so.....

Get well soon and ease off the booze meng, cuz you ain't no spring chicken no mores.
tongue.gif
Though Chinese drunken chicken sure is mighty tasty!!!

... YUMS!!!

Jan 21, 2014 at 8:41 PM Post #20,007 of 100,671
  I still really don't know who you are talking about? Was it cowculator? I can't see how, because this is hardly "rebelling": "Piston's are good iems and the pricing is fair value up to twice their selling price, not x10 or 20 that some indicated." Is that what got you worked up?

no. the rebelling is unrelated to the cowculator comment. The rebelling has to do with those not wanting to purchase the Piston simply as a result of going against the hype, when the Piston is not just hype, but quality at a very affordable price. They are not so good as to be a challenger to $200 + IEMs. No way. 

Jan 21, 2014 at 8:55 PM Post #20,009 of 100,671
It seems my comments hit a few sore nerves, all I indicated is that if the pistons were selling for usd 40, i would still pay for them but 10x at $200, no way in hell. It was never meant to be any attack on anyone's integrity or value system. How that came to be construed that way nobody knows.

Perhaps its a cultural thing but I and many other Chinese who grew up in dirt poor and moved on to middle class families, we were never lavish in our praise nor bask in them. If we got 90/100 in school, we were always told that it was never good enough for the next boy pipped us to it. If we got a perfect score, we were just told to work harder and maintain it, nothing more. Even when our parents went marketing and the products were good, we always pointed out the faults so that we can get a cheaper price. That same value system still works there.

To say that a product is worth twice that amount is essentially already high praise. Maybe not to head fi standards but it is practical enough for me to call it what it is. Put it this way, rather than saying that certain Chinese iems are cheap, I'd rather venture out on a limb and say that what is sold in the west is expensive. It's just a matter of perspective. Whatever the case, there has been no name callings or personal attacks involved and we are all here to share. Carry on doing what you always do.

I do have a message for Kova though. Every Alcoholic I know says they are not addicted and they just enjoy a nice drink. Carry on. :wink:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back