The discovery thread!
Dec 13, 2013 at 12:49 AM Post #17,446 of 103,124

I have them on the way. The original version was supposedly very good.

Xiaomi is the biggest smartphone maker in China. So big, that one of the top guys for Android (Hugo Barra) left Google to run Xiaomi.

Xiaomi is also responsible for MIUI, a very popular Android ROM for smartphones.

Xiaomi makes earphones now? I own a Xiaomi Box and have it on my desk, and am planning to get a Xiaomi TV for the home theatre. The Xiaomi 3 is also an extrememly fast phone. This is really good news, IMHO.

Dec 13, 2013 at 1:20 AM Post #17,448 of 103,124
    Quote:
  XB90EX is bass oriented, Fidelio S2 is relatively balanced.
Of the two, the S2 is the better overall performer. Although the semi open design of the S2 means it won't isolate as well.

Quote:
Ok, thanks! Which would you choose? 

Well, It's all personal preference. If Bass is what you need, Sony is the answer and S2 is a balanced, so 2 different sound sigs....you need to figure out your budget IEMs,Pros and cons etc.....
wink.gif

If you are bass-head, into EDM,Trance,Electronic,Dub-step XB90EX fills the slot other than that S2 is your choice, of these 2.

i know, its a problem.  my housemates have to pry them off me to talk with me at the dinner table. they are definitely addictive.  well poor tracks sound poor but most tracks sound glorious  listening to old stuff over again to hear new musical landscapes!

Ok, thank you. Any other suggestion oh in ear headphone above $150?

Above $150? or below that?
What are you looking? an IEM or an headphone? OR Both? By looking at your postings, I'm guessing in-ear-monitor(IEM)/canal earphone is what you are looking into......that way it's easy for us to throw in some hints.

Like other head-fiers replied, all those are excellent......especially Vsonic's VSD1 series and Dunu 1000 are king in their own category with PtoP.

feel free for any clarification,if needed.

Dec 13, 2013 at 1:34 AM Post #17,449 of 103,124
Dec 13, 2013 at 1:48 AM Post #17,451 of 103,124
  I have them on the way. The original version was supposedly very good.

Xiaomi is the biggest smartphone maker in China. So big, that one of the top guys for Android (Hugo Barra) left Google to run Xiaomi.

Xiaomi is also responsible for MIUI, a very popular Android ROM for smartphones.

that's interesting to know and i'm tempted, ordering mine because of ur little insight about the company,Beryllium diaphragm and user Esteebin! .....TY
regular_smile .gif

Dec 13, 2013 at 1:52 AM Post #17,452 of 103,124

The insurance adds $2. I pulled the trigger but with registered mail (+$8) and insurance (+$2). Brings it to $33.99
That way I can track it.

$2 is fine......but with $33 is it really worth....my question now. And with that $2 insurance we can claim right?,in an unlikely event if we don't receive the item at all? or $2 insurance is best/applicable only with tracking?

Dec 13, 2013 at 1:57 AM Post #17,453 of 103,124
oh boy,
popcorn.gif
there's another one "Music partner brown" version besides updated one and basic piston version...

http://www.ibuygou.com/catalog/?lid=&keywords=xiaomi%20piston

Dec 13, 2013 at 3:15 AM Post #17,454 of 103,124

$2 is fine......but with $33 is it really worth....my question now. And with that $2 insurance we can claim right?,in an unlikely event if we don't receive the item at all? or $2 insurance is best/applicable only with tracking?

This is what it says about the insurance, it can be applied to the free, untracked shipping:
If parcel is lost then you are entitled to a partial refund of maximum up to 100$.( Shipping charges is excluded )​
Does this mean I might not get the full $23.99 if lost? I dunno.

It's really up to the individual if peace of mind is worth the extra $$.

Dec 13, 2013 at 3:33 AM Post #17,455 of 103,124

This is what it says about the insurance, it can be applied to the free, untracked shipping:
If parcel is lost then you are entitled to a partial refund of maximum up to 100$.( Shipping charges is excluded )​
Does this mean I might not get the full $23.99 if lost? I dunno.

It's really up to the individual if peace of mind is worth the extra $$.

Well, I tried adding $2 insurance w/o paid shipping service and it accepted. so it implies for both services......$8 shipping is for speedy delivery. If it's FedEX for that $8, I would happily pay, as it's like 2-3 days transit door-door from HK.

Dec 13, 2013 at 5:57 AM Post #17,457 of 103,124
  Just ordered these:

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1960846098/decibullz-easy-and-affordable-custom-molded-earpho

I wonder if those would fit on the Gratitudes. Just the thought of it is orgasmic...

Dec 13, 2013 at 6:08 AM Post #17,459 of 103,124
      Quote:

Above $150? or below that?
What are you looking? an IEM or an headphone? OR Both? By looking at your postings, I'm guessing in-ear-monitor(IEM)/canal earphone is what you are looking into......that way it's easy for us to throw in some hints.

Like other head-fiers replied, all those are excellent......especially Vsonic's VSD1 series and Dunu 1000 are king in their own category with PtoP.

feel free for any clarification,if needed.

i know, its a problem.  my housemates have to pry them off me to talk with me at the dinner table. they are definitely addictive.  well poor tracks sound poor but most tracks sound glorious  listening to old stuff over again to hear new musical landscapes!

Oh, Im really sorry. I want to say BELOW $150! (sorry for the bad English). Im looking for IEM.Another observation: I need to buy on Ebay, I am not from US.
Again, thanks for the answer. (+1).

Dec 13, 2013 at 7:26 AM Post #17,460 of 103,124
  Oh, Im really sorry. I want to say BELOW $150! (sorry for the bad English). Im looking for IEM.Another observation: I need to buy on Ebay, I am not from US.
Again, thanks for the answer. (+1).

Ok.here are some.........good luck. there are more models but this is enough for you to kickstart and to avoid confusion.

sub $150: Vsonic GR07 Mk II classic edition-$119.(all rounder)
sub $100: MoE SS01-$59 (Dual driver),VSD1LE,SunRise Xcape/Xcited($65-$75)
sub $50  : Vsonic VSD1/S ($42-$47)

all above models can be bought from the below trusted site/seller ,they offer WW shipping.

http://penonaudio.com
ebay.com seller: bigbargainonline

Users who are viewing this thread

Back