The discovery thread!
Sep 8, 2013 at 9:56 PM Post #13,981 of 106,575
Here's a hypothetical for anyone who wants to answer.... would earlier Enya work be considered metal?

Just kidding! The question really is, if you could get the s2's for $90 or the m200's for $150, which would it be?

Sep 8, 2013 at 10:09 PM Post #13,983 of 106,575
Haven't received S2 yet, can you get m200 for $150? Canada only? Back to metal, I really have found the music suggestions useful, seems to me this thread is different from most others, in that it is all over the place, iems, full size, amps, dap's, dac's, cables, all in the interest of discovery/heads up to new or different stuff. Most other threads deal withs 1 category, often only 1 brand or 1 specific model. What's the point if you always listen to the same 2 albums? (I know, some folks are perfectly happy to listen to what they know, but, for me, discovering a new artist/genre/album is the whole reason for all this foolishness in the first place).

Sep 8, 2013 at 10:44 PM Post #13,984 of 106,575
Good point doc..We are all here to discover stuff related to our hobby. Whats good whats not so good. Whats new whats not so new that is excellent. Guys that contribute to this thread should feel like your chatting with a bunch of friends all in the same hobby cuz that is the vibe I hope we bring to this thread..

Update.

The new Fiio firmware 1.31 is a step forward to getting the player to be even more excellent. If you guys haven't done it yet it is a must for certain..

Onkyo phones. Took a brief listen to the earphones..Instrument/ separation is much better than on open listen overall sound is tighter than before. Still retains the same mid forward signature but now with more detail and space is more proper. These no longer sound as raw as I heard them on open box..I also discovered I was loosing some bass as I was using Senheisser double flange tips and those didn't seal up for me all that well so I am using Auveo tips and the bass is back in full force. Sound is more proper.

The X3 sounds good with the Onkyo phones but the mid forwardness of the X3 and the mid forward signature of the earphones was a double forwardness that lead to not the best synergy from open box. But I do have around 60 plus hours now and the sounds have improved..I will continue to burn them both in all next week as well. My Audinst MX2 matches up with the earphones much better as it has a nice clean neutral presentation in sound and makes both phones sound very nice..

I think the earphones will pair better with a more flatter or neutral source much like how the CKS1000 also pairs better with a neutral source.

Sep 8, 2013 at 11:00 PM Post #13,985 of 106,575
I was browsing on Amazon and found these. I didn't know RHA made tips. These look nice. Double density. I am somewhat curious to try these tips.

If I recall my RHA-350s the tips never really impressed me one way or another. They seem ok but these look much nicer..To try or not to try. These kinda remind me of the MH1C tips which if these are anything like those I might have to try these out.

Another random pic of the evening..

What does $900 get you? A nice all polished brass. KOJO KM01 brass. This is called. I bet it sounds nice. But $900 nice? My question is wouldn't this oxidize like brass does? Lol.

Sep 9, 2013 at 12:08 AM Post #13,986 of 106,575
Those look interesting D. Kinda like rounded Hybrid tips. Even has the inner tubing. Do let us know how they fare if you get them.

As for the Kojos, I've said this in the H-200 thread but being portable means lightweight, small and heavy-duty enough to withstand knocks and everyday wear and tear. The Kojo is more of a small desktop amp to me than anything. Lol

Sep 9, 2013 at 12:19 AM Post #13,987 of 106,575
Can anybody here read Japanese? I just came across this thread on Kakaku that I think compares the DUNU DN-1000 to the T-PEOS H-200 and AKG K3003.

From this text: "まず、ドライバ構成ですが、BA×2、ダイナミック×1(10mm)のハイブリッドです。" (Google translate: "The first is the driver configuration, but it is a hybrid BA × 2, the dynamic × 1 (10mm).", it seems to infer that the DN-1000's configuration is indeed dual-BA/single dynamic.

Our resident guinea pig mochill still hasn't ordered them yet, so I have to look elsewhere for impressions. 
cool.gif

Sep 9, 2013 at 12:25 AM Post #13,988 of 106,575
Quote:
S2 for $90.

Very interesting grasshopper! 

Haven't received S2 yet, can you get m200 for $150? Canada only? 

Some lucky bugger managed to snag a pair for even less on the FS forum, so it can happen! And someone had the S2's on sale for $95 last week as well...

What's the point if you always listen to the same 2 albums? (I know, some folks are perfectly happy to listen to what they know, but, for me, discovering a new artist/genre/album is the whole reason for all this foolishness in the first place).

If it's Enya's first two metal albums, then they must be listened to over and over and over again! 
atsmile.gif

Sep 9, 2013 at 12:28 AM Post #13,989 of 106,575
  Can anybody here read Japanese? I just came across this thread on Kakaku that I think compares the DUNU DN-1000 to the T-PEOS H-200 and AKG K3003.

From this text: "まず、ドライバ構成ですが、BA×2、ダイナミック×1(10mm)のハイブリッドです。" (Google translate: "The first is the driver configuration, but it is a hybrid BA × 2, the dynamic × 1 (10mm).", it seems to infer that the DN-1000's configuration is indeed dual-BA/single dynamic.

Our resident guinea pig mochill still hasn't ordered them yet, so I have to look elsewhere for impressions. 
cool.gif

Yup lol - google chrome translation just ain't cutting it on that article!

Sep 9, 2013 at 12:38 AM Post #13,990 of 106,575

Some lucky bugger managed to snag a pair for even less on the FS forum, so it can happen! And someone had the S2's on sale for $95 last week as well...

I'm assuming those S2s aren't mine. Lol. But if they are the deal's still open(since trolls have big ears), you'll have to cover delivery yourself tho. :D

In honor of the age old rule of; how good music sound is directly proportional to how much alcohol is consumed, this seems like a good idea:

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/745763505/spirit-steels-the-ultimate-beverage-cooling-device

Sep 9, 2013 at 12:53 AM Post #13,991 of 106,575
I'm assuming those S2s aren't mine. Lol. But if they are the deal's still open(since trolls have big ears), you'll have to cover delivery yourself tho.
biggrin.gif

If we're talking trolls with big ears, then yes, possibly they were yours lol!

In honor of the age old rule of; how good music sound is directly proportional to how much alcohol is consumed, this seems like a good idea:

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/745763505/spirit-steels-the-ultimate-beverage-cooling-device

Damn - very good idea! I want me some of those :)

Sep 9, 2013 at 1:13 AM Post #13,992 of 106,575
  I was browsing on Amazon and found these. I didn't know RHA made tips. These look nice. Double density. I am somewhat curious to try these tips.

If I recall my RHA-350s the tips never really impressed me one way or another. They seem ok but these look much nicer..To try or not to try. These kinda remind me of the MH1C tips which if these are anything like those I might have to try these out.

I actually love the stock tips that came with my RHA-350s, cuz it fits really well and has that protruded ring thing on the bore of the tips which makes them easy to tell apart from my other tips.

cool.gif

C'mon Mr. Lai, use your Asian powers to decipher dem Asian mumble jumbles, just tap into your inner Asianness and you'll see the light. Assumes you're Asian cuz of Lai but end up making an @ss of myself cuz you might not be, ya' know how the saying about assuming goes.....

If it's Enya's first two metal albums, then they must be listened to over and over and over again! 
atsmile.gif

Whatcha talkin' WAYNE you make it sound as if someone stole something right under your nose or something. AND DAMN PROUD OF IT!!!
tongue.gif

I'm assuming those S2s aren't mine. Lol. But if they are the deal's still open(since trolls have big ears), you'll have to cover delivery yourself tho.
biggrin.gif

Hey hey how can trolls have ears if they have a box for as a head.
duggehsmile.png
Makes ya' think doesn't it???
confused_face.gif
So i think you meant a BIG HEAD, and that indeed i do on ALL accounts.
very_evil_smiley.gif

Sep 9, 2013 at 1:48 AM Post #13,993 of 106,575
If we're talking trolls with big ears, then yes, possibly they were yours lol!

Ah, he done blabbed! Well, the deal is still on for anyone who's interested. Send me an PM and I'll quote you a price for them. :wink:

Hey hey how can trolls have ears if they have a box for as a head. :duggfloat: Makes ya' think doesn't it??? :confused_face: So i think you meant a BIG HEAD, and that indeed i do on ALL accounts. :veryevil:

There be holes on the sides of the box, lest I see no point in audiogear if that isn't the case. :p

Sep 9, 2013 at 4:18 AM Post #13,994 of 106,575
Ah, he done blabbed! Well, the deal is still on for anyone who's interested. Send me an PM and I'll quote you a price for them.
wink.gif

There be holes on the sides of the box, lest I see no point in audiogear if that isn't the case.
tongue.gif

^ Meng you don't know about this state of the art audio box with the best 3D/ surround sound in the world, you need to get your schoolin' on.

... don't make me take this off to show ya' what's up.
tongue.gif

Sep 9, 2013 at 9:06 AM Post #13,995 of 106,575
Ok damn, the Onkyo's are blowing me away I really dig this type of sound.
Bought them used with about 50 hours on them already and they hit deep and hard in the bass whilst still having pretty damn good instrument separation and clarity.
Enjoying them more than the S2's but I think it's evident that I'm not getting a good seal on the S2's too. Plus I'm usually listening in relatively noisy environments (S2's isolation is not a strong suit)
Onkyo's are also incredibly sensitive too I think, I'm on the lowest sound setting on my Macbook Pro's

Users who are viewing this thread

Back