The discovery thread!
May 21, 2024 at 5:01 PM Post #102,526 of 104,222
IMG_7778.jpeg
been sick this week, haven’t felt well enough to review things like I wanted but that’s okay… more time to find the words to do it justice.

R4 is welcome to the chain. Comfort music on deck.

May 21, 2024 at 5:03 PM Post #102,527 of 104,222
May 21, 2024 at 5:03 PM Post #102,528 of 104,222
In recent days, someone had been surprised by the poor life of the internal battery of the XD05 PRO (I think he had written that the battery lasted 2 hours in TURBO).

I then decided to run a battery life test on my device.

I therefore carried out a complete charge overnight (sorry, I did not measure the duration of the operation, a few hours anyway).

When charging is complete, the charging voltage drops from 9V to the standard 5V (and the charging current obviously goes to 0A), and the RED LED remains lit.

I then connected the SPDIF input to my WIIM-PRO, turned on the DAC in TURBO, connected a couple of IEMs (KEFINE DELCI, so I burn them a bit on occasion 😂), and played an infinite music list.

I started doing something else, looking at the battery indicator from time to time, waiting for the low battery indication.

I started playing at 6.47pm local time.
It is now 10.47pm, 4 hours of continuous music play have passed, and the battery still shows 2 bars, so it is not yet discharged (0 bars, with the battery outline flashing).

This is the battery life I have on my device in TURBO, maximum consumption mode.

Obviously in NORMAL mode the autonomy increases,
until it almost tripled in ECO mode.

Unfortunately now I have to stop because I have to go to sleep.

I hope this is useful information.

IMG_9236.jpeg

IMG_9237.jpeg

IMG_9238.jpeg

IMG_9244.jpeg

IMG_9245.jpeg

IMG_9251.jpeg

Last edited:
May 21, 2024 at 5:12 PM Post #102,530 of 104,222
Looks like TRN looked at the forgotten colorful world IEMs by Fearless (Barcelona, Provence and Shangri-La) and thought decorating the DD was a cute marketing gimmick.

But TRN's accessory game is no gimmick, it's the best I've seen for the coin and unmatched, it's shame their tuning is subpar from what I've gathered over the years.

It's annoying how stingy some brands are with accessories and you're paying a pretty penny.

Last edited:
May 21, 2024 at 5:15 PM Post #102,532 of 104,222
After 31 days, the KZ ZS10 Pro 2 has FINALLY landed in my mailbox!

I'm eager to try these out and see if the positive reviews hold up?

More impressions to come but about 4 Squirrel Nut Zippers songs in.....

@PhonoPhi knows what he's talking about!! The resolution and treble extension is SUPERB!! Also the transparency and elasticity of the bass is also a star of the show!! 4 song OOTB impression? This is the best KZ product ever released, and it is in fact better than the TRN ST7, if anything, because of the sheer resolution, timbre, and treble extension, without getting sibilant, that these present. WOW! Next playlist up!

Attachments

• KZ ZS10 Pro 2.jpg
    KZ ZS10 Pro 2.jpg
    448.8 KB · Views: 0
May 21, 2024 at 5:17 PM Post #102,533 of 104,222
Looks like TRN looked at the forgotten colorful world IEMs by Fearless (Barcelona, Provence and Shangri-La) and thought decorating the DD was a cute marketing gimmick.

But TRN's accessory game is no gimmick, it's the best I've seen for the coin and unmatched, it's shame their tuning is subpar from what I've gathered over the years.

It's annoying how stingy some brands are with accessories and you're paying a pretty penny.
I own the Shangs, and they are absolutely stunning in person. My best looking set I own. I also own the TRN ST7, which is one of the latest TRN, and they are stellar sounding, so what they did in the past, they are making up for it now, because they've sold a boatload of ST7, and even more of the Conch, which is also getting rave reviews, so they are back in the positive game with a vengeance.

May 21, 2024 at 5:57 PM Post #102,534 of 104,222

@PhonoPhi knows what he's talking about!! The resolution and treble extension is SUPERB!! Also the transparency and elasticity of the bass is also a star of the show!! 4 song OOTB impression? This is the best KZ product ever released, and it is in fact better than the TRN ST7, if anything, because of the sheer resolution, timbre, and treble extension, without getting sibilant, that these present. WOW! Next playlist up!
Thanks for saving me from being continually tempted by the ST7 haha. I have these zs10s and they ARE quite amazing, although still not as much bass as the good ol' ZS6, although probably a bit more detailed.

May 21, 2024 at 6:12 PM Post #102,535 of 104,222
Swinging by, just typed up my thoughts on the Kefine Delci here.

PXL_20240521_184756698.jpg

Also pictured here with the NiceHCK Luna that @HifiFrog previously linked with that promo code. Amazing cable, love the modular design and the feel.

May 21, 2024 at 6:24 PM Post #102,536 of 104,222

PXL_20240521_184756698.jpg

Also pictured here with the NiceHCK Luna that @HifiFrog previously linked with that promo code. Amazing cable, love the modular design and the feel.
What was the Luna cable cost after using the promo code ??

May 21, 2024 at 6:29 PM Post #102,537 of 104,222

Are those Dunu S&S tips on the Delci? If so, how do you like them and how do they affect the signature? Thanks.

Edit: Just read your fine review and got my answer! :)

Last edited:
May 21, 2024 at 6:30 PM Post #102,538 of 104,222

I am really happy to hear that you liked ZS10 pro 2! It is really nice to hear, made a difference to my day after work, and is one of the great fun of this hobby (I used to enjoy it so much back then in 2019/2020 in KZ's thread where people just shared their positive opinions, and it was fairly easy to afford these KZ IEMs for most).
TRN ST7 offered a mighty comparison still - 60/40 at best - KZ vs. TRN. I just felt ST7 is more similar to older ZS10 pro X, not without some charm, but one generation behind.
I am happy for KZ - their evolution from lamish original ZS10 ,(both shell and bass) to brazen but certainly prominent and successfull ZS10 pro, then Pro X - a good consecutive improvement, and finally Pro 2 now, where what learned with Trio and Rhapsody were successfully implemented into ZS10 heritage very well.
Every time I try my Phoenixcall I think "this is good" but it doesn't do anything that other IEMs in my collection don't do way better. I wish it had more air. Gorgeous shell though. One of the best.
I had about the same impressions - good, but "what is special?" I do prefer the high pinna gain in IEMs, and my original IEM enjoyment (that I continue to cherish) is a good V. So Phoenixcall sounded OK/good but quite uneventful. Then I happened to leave them in my ears doing someting else, and at some point after 30+ min of being exposed to them, I realized that my ears were conditioned/forced to pick up so much more details, and I really enjoyed it, and now have Phoenixcall as one of my cherished IEMs for long-time listening.
Please do try it, if you have time, and let me/everyone know what is your experience. It can possibly be that I may bias myself(?), so to have you shared your experience of long-tine listening of Phoenixcall would be really great and much appreciated!

On a related note of my appreciation of Celest, I got my Relentless today:
20240521_181841.jpg

I can just sit and enjoy the package/images for quite some time, and will be happy to share my experience and comparisons soon.

Last edited:
May 21, 2024 at 6:32 PM Post #102,539 of 104,222
What was the Luna cable cost after using the promo code ??

So it was $35 with promo code, $38 after taxes. I think the cable is still available to apply that promo code? (Edit: I'm not sure actually anymore but I believe the code was LUNAAA)

I've been looking for a modular cable for a while and it just felt like a good time to hop on.

Last edited:
May 21, 2024 at 6:33 PM Post #102,540 of 104,222
You had me so intrigued out the gate, and then I thank you for how you ended it, because NOPE, not for me. I was eye balling them on Ali, but I already have enough single DD's with too much bass. They get very little play.

shady.png
To be fair, this one is bassier than usual rather than thumping your head off like FATFreq IEMs. At most Maestro Mini level, from memory.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back