The discovery thread!
May 21, 2024 at 12:44 AM Post #102,421 of 104,204
@Dsnuts One more quick question about the B2, is it better or worse than the average dynamic when revealing source hiss?
B2 is not all that sensitive if you're worried about hiss. 32 Ohm 110db sensitivity. I would say it is average for single dynamics and not prone to reveal hiss on sources. Its fairly easy to drive but not overly sensitive on the other hand.

I never heard any hiss on any of my sources be it DAP to amping. Its darker tonal character helps with any waterfall noise from Amps. I wouldn't worry too much about hiss on this one.

May 21, 2024 at 12:44 AM Post #102,422 of 104,204
Now that I think about it the R4 looks like a kid’s toy lol, but I like it.
I saw on twitter the other day a photos of fans gathering at Shenzhen hi-end audio expo to have their R4 signed by Steve Lin, the tuner behind some of latest hiby IEMs 🤯

May 21, 2024 at 12:47 AM Post #102,423 of 104,204
B2 is not all that sensitive if you're worried about hiss. 32 Ohm 110db sensitivity. I would say it is average for single dynamics and not prone to reveal hiss on sources. Its fairly easy to drive but not overly sensitive on the other hand.

I never heard any hiss on any of my sources be it DAP to amping. Its darker tonal character helps with any waterfall noise from Amps. I wouldn't worry too much about hiss on this one.
That’ll work, thanks. The Alien hisses a bit that’s why I ask. Naturally I think to pair the two.

May 21, 2024 at 1:37 AM Post #102,424 of 104,204
Well, saved some money on the Supermix 4. I was gonna pull the trigger, but apparently it's a really laid back, smooth, and bassy set. Warm mids that lack a little bit of resolution and attack. Already got a few of those, and that's not my target. Darn.

I just picked up the Xuan NV and I've been listening to the Kefine Delci which are very similar. I was originally all in on the Simgot Supermix 4 but, yeah, warm, smooth all rounder has a lot of competition (and all I've been listening to recently) and I don't know if I can justify picking it up unless it's a catch and release.

May 21, 2024 at 1:37 AM Post #102,425 of 104,204
Ordered the Sliivo SL41 about a month ago at HiFiGo... heard nothing from them so far until I contacted support yesterday.
They promptly replied just to tell me that now, only the MkII is available and if I'd like to change my order to it. Yes!, of course ladies and gents at HiFiGo I answered.
...and voilà, I got the shipping confirmation 5 minutes ago, yeah!

On another note, I also ordered the DaVinci a week ago, and they'll ship the first batch out on the 25th, whereas I don't know if my order falls into this first batch? ...the wait begins.

Anyway, I'm so damn happy with my Himalaya at the moment, that even my beloved SA6 MkII get nearly no eartime :k701smile:.

May 21, 2024 at 1:51 AM Post #102,426 of 104,204
BTW, @Barndoor is the imaging on wind fuzzy compared to other IEMs? It has been mentioned the BC drivers give rise to that sensation, even though it gives extra dimensions/layers
It's actually quite hard to describe. Fuzzy is a good word but also a bad one. It's almost like the BC confuses the brain so you actually have to concentrate harder on the music to decode the positioning of sounds. It definitely isn't the widest of sound stages, which also doesn't help.

They definitely benefit from decent amount of power.

May 21, 2024 at 2:07 AM Post #102,427 of 104,204
You like? Sound good?
Yeah, pretty neat little device! Seems there were some units with a faulty amp, mine seems to have passed the tests.

Really impressive for the $240 spent. This is my first DAP really, I will say my google passwords aren’t going near this thing after opening the browser for the first time lol but I have APKs for Qobuz, UAPP and Firefox loaded so we are good to go, that’s all I need.

Coming from the DC-Elite everything sounds a bit less dynamic lol but I can’t hold that against it right now…

Last edited:
May 21, 2024 at 2:34 AM Post #102,428 of 104,204
Yeah, pretty neat little device! Seems there were some units with a faulty amp, mine seems to have passed the tests.

Really impressive for the $240 spent. This is my first DAP really, I will say my google passwords aren’t going near this thing after opening the browser for the first time lol but I have APKs for Qobuz, UAPP and Firefox loaded so we are good to go, that’s all I need.

Coming from the DC-Elite everything sounds a bit less dynamic lol but I can’t hold that against it right now…

Apart from mseb, do use joebloggs' great dynamic extensions plugin etc.. They would jazz this up even more as @o0genesis0o has written about.

May 21, 2024 at 3:13 AM Post #102,429 of 104,204
I just picked up the Xuan NV and I've been listening to the Kefine Delci which are very similar. I was originally all in on the Simgot Supermix 4 but, yeah, warm, smooth all rounder has a lot of competition (and all I've been listening to recently) and I don't know if I can justify picking it up unless it's a catch and release.
Likewise. I got a few, so I'll be skippin' it. Got my eyes on the Pilgrim. It's calling my name I think?

May 21, 2024 at 3:34 AM Post #102,432 of 104,204
May 21, 2024 at 4:01 AM Post #102,433 of 104,204
Pilgrim or Volare?
Volare is out. Can't remember what exactly the detail was, but watching two videos, there was mention of something that would be a no go with me. Maybe @activatorfly remembers what I told him?

May 21, 2024 at 4:02 AM Post #102,434 of 104,204
Likewise. I got a few, so I'll be skippin' it. Got my eyes on the Pilgrim. It's calling my name I think?
The stock cable of PILGRIM OG is fairly bright and I can't say I like it in stock form. Not a concern if you plan to get an Pentaconn Ear adaptor for other cables however. NOIR is a better package but comes at a higher price.

May 21, 2024 at 4:07 AM Post #102,435 of 104,204
The description of the Hydro is EXACTLY what I look for in an IEM, so I'm drooling. Looks like the Merga may also be landing tomorrow along with the ZS10 pro 2. So now it might be the Hydro and the Conch I'll be waiting for?

I pulled out my Tinhifi T3 to give them a spin, and interestingly enough, they're better than I remember, especially the stage and imaging. It's huge! Trio huge!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back