The discovery thread!
Apr 18, 2024 at 2:25 AM Post #99,212 of 100,204
Delci is a nice iem, no doubt. I dig it and have both. Fair assessment. Trio has something weird about it I can't put my finger on, it's like death or channel imbalance.

Agree with you here. The Trio to me seesaws around the sweet spot but not quite there. If I turn up the upper mid, it sounds crisp and nice but just a bit uncanny with some strings and horns. If I turn down the upper mid, it’s very nice but I want a bit more bite.

My unit measures well. No significant channel imbalance. The worst so far this year has been the PULA PA02. It has 3dB imbalance right at the ear gain, so the stage is tilted to one side. I returned it to my friend without review as it does not seem fair to assess it in that situation.

Last edited:
Apr 18, 2024 at 3:13 AM Post #99,213 of 100,204
Got the entire lineup of Vortex Cables. I met the guy at the CanJam SG and he was such a sweet fellow. He was regularly getting a lot of enquiries about the cables from Indian customers, so he sent me his lineup so that I can help the interested people with audition haha. I was about to post about his Eddie 2 cable today, will post about that one later(been using it since past 10 days).
P.s:
All cables belongs to him only, I don't have any ownership on any of them. He sent to me for audition, my own review, and help other interested people in india with an audition and purchase decisions.

1713424358450.png

Apr 18, 2024 at 3:17 AM Post #99,214 of 100,204
Got the entire lineup of Vortex Cables. I met the guy at the CanJam SG and he was such a sweet fellow. He was regularly getting a lot of enquiries about the cables from Indian customers, so he sent me his lineup so that I can help the interested people with audition haha. I was about to post about his Eddie 2 cable today, will post about that one later(been using it since past 10 days).
P.s:
All cables belongs to him only, I don't have any ownership on any of them. He sent to me for audition, my own review, and help other interested people in india with an audition and purchase decisions.

1713424358450.png
Those cables look like shoe laces :beyersmile:

Joke aside, they seem interesting. I'm surprised that he can source ConX to build his own cables. I thought EA would hold monopoly over those connectors.

How much are they?

Apr 18, 2024 at 3:22 AM Post #99,215 of 100,204
Those cables look like shoe laces :beyersmile:

Joke aside, they seem interesting. I'm surprised that he can source ConX to build his own cables. I thought EA would hold monopoly over those connectors.

How much are they?
The EA connectors are widely available now to purchase by anyone bro. The entire kit is actually available.
Cables start at around 300SGD from what I know and flagship ones are closer to 1000SGD bro.

Apr 18, 2024 at 3:28 AM Post #99,216 of 100,204
. That's why this is so much fun and you try and base purchases off the consensus, and not the individual.
Hmmm... The one time I bought off consensus proved bad! Simgot ea 500...too bright/harshl/background detailsb fading for me..

From then on I decided to check with a reviewer I like. As in whose reviews of a past product tallied with mine. Either likes or dislikes and the associated reasons given for it. Taste/hearing match. As I can't test them where I live before buying.

That's how I got Sivga Nightingale, universally panned but Andy audiovault's genre-specifx suggestion was for me to go for it. I did.

P8 iegems ( o0genesis) was pimping then. Went for it. Couple of his reviews on Titan s, legato resonated with me. And also Timmy.

CCA trio I was carried away by your enthusiasm. So glad I did.

Hd660S2: on suggestion of honest audiophile, whose slams of ea500 and couple other iems more matched my exact feelings about em. It was on a big discount sale then and I had reached out to him based on his review. Bought and happy.

Fidgeraldo's incessant plug for Fiio FD11 made me get em yesterday. Early impressions pretty good.

One deviation is my purchase of 634ears miroak. As there were no reviews. But based on a shared music interest with leonardfd.

And so on and so forth.

That's how I end up choosing.

Also as my own experience with irms have grown, I now tend to check reviewers whose taste/impressions match mine. And tend to go with em.

At the end of day I got to trust my ears, and I feel this isa good way to slot reviewers personally.

Not that a reviewer is wrong if he doesn't like a P8 or a Trio, but am not to going to base my evaluation of an iem through his ears. Our hearing/tastes don't match.

Last edited:
Apr 18, 2024 at 3:34 AM Post #99,219 of 100,204
Any other single DDs I should add as a potential purchase? What do you guys want feedback on? I’m trying to pick up something. There’s so many new IEMs out, I can’t keep up lol.
Imma pimping HiBy X FAudio Project ACE :beyersmile:

Have you got Simgot EA1000? The Aussie circle here is very impressed by that IEM. I'm talking about folks who listen to STORM and that sorts of IEMs. I unfortunately haven't been able to try it yet. The tour is taking its sweet time.

Last edited:
Apr 18, 2024 at 3:43 AM Post #99,220 of 100,204
Imma pimping HiBy X Audio Project ACE :beyersmile:

Have you got Simgot EA1000? The Aussie circle here is very impressive by that IEM. I'm talking about folks who listen to STORM and that sorts of IEMs. I unfortunately haven't been able to try it yet. The tour is taking its sweet time.
Simgot typically dips pretty heavy at 10k though and peak hard afterward, it’s not really my cup of tea but it’s a nice looking set.

Apr 18, 2024 at 3:49 AM Post #99,221 of 100,204
Any other single DDs I should add as a potential purchase? What do you guys want feedback on? I’m trying to pick up something. There’s so many new IEMs out, I can’t keep up lol.
Bit curious about the TinHIFI T5s myself

Apr 18, 2024 at 4:25 AM Post #99,222 of 100,204
Bit curious about the TinHIFI T5s myself
So far I have heard the..................

The TINHIFI T5 May 7th, 2021
The TINHIFI T1S April 26th, 2022
The TINHIFI Giant Panda Planar April 28th, 2022
The TINHIFI Tin Buds TWS June 24th, 2022
The TINHIFI T2 DLC October 20th, 2022
The TINHIFI C2 January 10th, 2023
The TINHIFI T4 PLUS January 11th, 2023
The TINHIFI C3 January 20th, 2023
The TINHIFI C5 April 20th, 2023
The TINHIFI C0 ELF October 17th, 2023

And.........the TINHIFI T2 MK2 and recently the "Mars" TINHIFI T5S.

The T5S is my favorite TIN ever. Just warm and smooth, really a lot of fun. The build and fit is some of the best I have ever seen.......ever from any IEM regardless of price point? Just special........super nice! I think if you wanted a smooth and well rounded performer which is different from anything they have ever made.......the T5S is it.

DSC_2004.jpegz.jpeg
DSC_1833.jpegs.jpeg
DSC_1819.jpegs.jpeg

Pros: Super smooth removing the 5kHz peak and putting in extra bass from the original 5T
Built 100% from aluminum and 5-axis CNC routed into a universal-custom fit IEM
Fully accessorized unboxing experience, tweezers, brush, storage case, 6 extra filters etc, etc
Fully balanced tone
Incredible cable, being ergonomic and beautiful, made of 28 strands of 0.06mm enameled copper and 54 strands of 0.05mm silver plated copper
Goes with every Dongle and DAP to perform a balanced, even, complete and correct playback

Cons: More musical than analytical
Could be perceived as lacking treble detail for some

The backside is a work of art. IMO
DSC_1836.jpegs.jpeg

Last edited:
Apr 18, 2024 at 4:44 AM Post #99,225 of 100,204
Imma pimping HiBy X FAudio Project ACE :beyersmile:

Have you got Simgot EA1000? The Aussie circle here is very impressed by that IEM. I'm talking about folks who listen to STORM and that sorts of IEMs. I unfortunately haven't been able to try it yet. The tour is taking its sweet time.
What is really funy original creator of storm loved etymotic er2 se. Simgot ea 1000 is allaround upgrade on er2se but it is v shape and brighter. Ea 1000 is super strong on clarity. Example total eclipse of the heart, freddie barcelona, sarah brightman and boceli.. What is hard to describe is on some songs they are more v shape and on others more flat. They are better when flat.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back