The discovery thread!
Apr 17, 2024 at 8:43 PM Post #99,196 of 100,175
Creamy mids with crappy treble extension ON BOTH. The reason I had the opportunity to purchase BOTH, and said no thanks.

Second day with the CCA TRIO and I, a frequent critic of KZ/CCA tuning (CRA, AS 16 Pro, AST, PLA, etc. yuck!) have to admit that, holy crap, this really worked. Even compared to the 2DD Castor Bass, it's a marked improvement, clearly due to better implementation of the lower mids, which in the case of the Castor are basically non-existent, or are totally covered by the lower frequencies. Unlike Castor, you're not looking for a singer somewhere behind the curtain of the stage at all. In fact, he is standing where he should. The mids have plenty of body, probably because they have a dedicated driver and the upper mids/lower treble component isn't trying to cut a hole in your head. My really only complaint (if there has to be one at this price) is towards the lack of finer detail... However, at this price and the simplicity of the drivers, trying to do the opposite would surely only lead to harshness and fatigue, so I actually prefer to keep my mouth shut. Thanks to KZ, actually CCA, from KZ ZS 10 Pro X (f✴️ck, that's a stupid name even for a harvester) you haven't come any closer to my taste.

Attachments

• elysian-thumbs-up-cat.gif
    elysian-thumbs-up-cat.gif
    23.4 KB · Views: 0
Apr 17, 2024 at 8:47 PM Post #99,197 of 100,175
Lush mids with crappy treble extension ON BOTH. The reason I had the opportunity to purchase BOTH, and said no thanks.
I hear good treble extension on the 262, it’s just a bit shelved. The right gear can squeeze sparkle out of them but the Rocket’s treble just takes a fat nose dive and sounds splashy and blunted. Good bass on the Rockets though, just not quite as linear as the 262.

Apr 17, 2024 at 8:51 PM Post #99,198 of 100,175
If you wanna hear some of the best mids on a dap try the old Hifiman 602/603, but the bass is loose and extension is poor, it’s just bad in that regard. The 601 on the other hand has nice bass but the mids are more grainy, you can’t win.

Last edited:
Apr 17, 2024 at 9:16 PM Post #99,199 of 100,175
The Delci are really growing on me with more listening time. While the MagicOne still has better separation and imaging and more neutral, smooth tonality, the Delci has better bass (especially sub-bass) and treble that is ample without going overboard. The Delci are more fun than the MagicOne with bass-oriented music, such as EDM, soul, disco. I'm REALLY enjoying Jose James' EXCELLENT new album, 1979, with the Delci, while I enjoy alt-country, bluegrass, Americana and mellow rock more with the MagicOne.

I would describe the Delci sound signature as U-shaped, with the left side (bass) of the U taller than the right (treble). Still, in the best compliment I can pay to an IEM at any price, there's nothing in the sound signature of the Delci that makes me frown or grimace. Yeah, the sub-bass is a little strong for me for non-bass genres, but hot damn, it's delicious with stuff like the Jose James album.

Contrast that with the Galileo, which left me wanting more in the treble and less shout in the midrange. Or with the EA500 LM, which caused me to wince at least two or three times per song due to the excessive treble and upper mids shout.

Very impressed with the Delci so far, especially for $60.
Maybe I'll add the Delci to the list of things to try. As well as the Trio that KZ was going to send me for review then ghosted me 😒
More contoured? Are you talking about bass or ass? :).

1000019531.gif

Apr 17, 2024 at 11:48 PM Post #99,202 of 100,175
And what about rock? :)
Tough call. About equal right now. Depends on what you value more in rock. The rhythm section (bass, drums) is better on the Delci because of its superior bass. Guitars, keys and vocals sound a smidge better on the MagicOne to me.

Early days of listening with the Delci. But I do like them a lot. The bass alone will make them a complementary set to the MagicOne, especially when I want to listen to EDM, hip-hop, soul, funk and other bassy music. (My genre tastes are like a game of Pin the Tail on the Donkey on crack. :))

Apr 17, 2024 at 11:51 PM Post #99,203 of 100,175
Maybe I'll add the Delci to the list of things to try. As well as the Trio that KZ was going to send me for review then ghosted me 😒
My Trio arrived later tonight. VERY early impressions, but knowing how our sonic preferences are eerily similar, I think you'll like the Delci more. But to be fair, I haven't messed with the tuning switches yet on the Trio.

One thing is certain: For just $20 more, the Delci's fit, accessories and cable are FAR, FAR better than those provided with the Trio. Not in the same solar system.

Last edited:
Apr 17, 2024 at 11:58 PM Post #99,204 of 100,175
My Trio arrived later tonight. VERY early impressions, but knowing how our sonic preferences are eerily similar, I think you'll like the Delci more. But to be fair, I haven't messed with the tuning switches yet on the Trio.

One thing is certain: For just $20 more, the Delci's fit, accessories and cable are FAR, FAR better than those provided with the Trio. Not in the same solar system.
Yes I agree since we have pretty *NSYNC ears 😁

Apr 17, 2024 at 11:59 PM Post #99,205 of 100,175

Delci is a nice iem, no doubt. I dig it and have both. Fair assessment. Trio has something weird about it I can't put my finger on, it's like death or channel imbalance.

Apr 18, 2024 at 1:03 AM Post #99,207 of 100,175
Always get a kick out of the impressions of the Trio or EVERY OTHER IEM. There will never be a universally loved IEM. EVER. If 4 people love the Eternal Audio Exciter, there's that 1 person who says "The Exciter just sounds odd for me. Something's off. I can't put my finger on it, but the bass is wonky and the mids sound like glass." INEVITABLE. LOL $3.00 or $3,000. That's why this is so much fun and you try and base purchases off the consensus, and not the individual.

Apr 18, 2024 at 1:18 AM Post #99,208 of 100,175
Been on the slow side this year, avoiding buying all the stuff I want. Instead saving up for some more expensive stuff, like AüR Aehta and 634ears flagship.
But now I actually have some things coming my way:

Letshuoer Cadenza4 - actually with customs and soon in my ears. Taken so long time getting this one, first delivery problems because of new rules in Norway on import. Then customs in the end don't believe the paper work to be true 😅

KZ ZS10 pro 2 - is shipped now, another KZ to either fail or succeed 🤔

CCA Trio - yes I'm joining you guys, felt so outside the Trio fan club 😉

Venture Electronics SM Gold - very excited for this earbud, SM has maybe the best fit/comfort of their earbud models. New driver, cable and shell material, only for sVIP members for now ☺️

Last edited:
Apr 18, 2024 at 1:42 AM Post #99,210 of 100,175
I need to write more about difference between campfire ara and simgot ea 1000. They are like have same mother with different father. Ara is on fiio repro cable simgot is on kinera ace. Ara is warmer thicker smoother even more detailed in really difficult layering. Simgot is little cleaner in bass have same clarity is brighter and on some song touch more open. Brightnes ea 1000 is ok but it is on my limit brighter iem dont want.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back