The discovery thread!
Mar 21, 2024 at 12:03 PM Post #97,531 of 106,683
You are asking the wrong person here then lol. I am the kind of a person who can just never be satisfied with a single product. I get bored and then i look for other options lol.
So am I lol thus the specific questions 😂 all good, your answer makes total sense. I would imagine the Falcon is a better fit for me but idk why I like the C4 so much… also could use a neutral set.

Mar 21, 2024 at 12:03 PM Post #97,532 of 106,683
Considering how AliExpress cable vendors/manufacturers tend to over inflate the MSRP, to show a dramatic markdown. I'm surprised that customers are seeing the value, in a blind buy cable, that's marked down from $199.99 to $159.

Any guesses, as to what these two cables are ?
Considering that with promos pink bag is $16.99 and golden is $22.99, perhaps something in 50$ price range?
They said on twitter it's an old product so maybe something like Sakura, HiCotton or 7NBEE cables (just guessing by colors and 7N cables available in their store offers)
https://www.head-fi.org/threads/low...ng-for-buck-cable-thread.891911/post-18026746

Speaking of inflated prices, ZiSin-27 cable is available for 9.9$ with promo code that IvipQ distribute on their twitter
https://twitter.com/gongipq7829/status/1768633909972172802

Last edited:
Mar 21, 2024 at 12:08 PM Post #97,533 of 106,683
So am I lol thus the specific questions 😂 all good, your answer makes total sense. I would imagine the Falcon is a better fit for me but idk why I like the C4 so much… also could use a neutral set.
Man apart from the neutral tone of C4, the best part is its fit and isolation. It fits like a glove, you won't even feel it. I just have one complaint with the set and that is its Plastic feel white colored shells lol.

Mar 21, 2024 at 12:27 PM Post #97,534 of 106,683
Considering that with promos pink bag is $16.99 and golden is $22.99, perhaps something in 50$ price range?
They said on twitter it's an old product so maybe something like Sakura, HiCotton or 7NBEE cables (just guessing by colors and 7N cables available in their store offers)
https://www.head-fi.org/threads/low...ng-for-buck-cable-thread.891911/post-18026746

Speaking of inflated prices, ZiSin-27 cable is available for 9.9$ with promo code that IvipQ distribute on their twitter
https://twitter.com/gongipq7829/status/1768633909972172802
I want a code but I'm not going through all that Twitter reposting stuff lol

Mar 21, 2024 at 12:32 PM Post #97,535 of 106,683
Seems to rate cklvxpula pa02 higher in many aspects.
While I recognizze the Pula PA02 and CKVLK 4+1 DD (They are the exact same iem) are good, I just don't find them class leading. They have qualities that could see people liking but I'm hesitant to call something good when I feel there are so many other options that might be better for people. Solid, but please demo first.
I try to collaborate with anyone willing to share iems. It's nice to work with people but I try to make sure my reviews are always mine. Anyone in the states want to trade stuff for reviews hit me up! Shipping to Canada is expensive.

Mar 21, 2024 at 12:37 PM Post #97,536 of 106,683
While I recognizze the Pula PA02 and CKVLK 4+1 DD (They are the exact same iem) are good, I just don't find them class leading. They have qualities that could see people liking but I'm hesitant to call something good when I feel there are so many other options that might be better for people. Solid, but please demo first.
I try to collaborate with anyone willing to share iems. It's nice to work with people but I try to make sure my reviews are always mine. Anyone in the states want to trade stuff for reviews hit me up! Shipping to Canada is expensive.
I'd definitely be down to trade some stuff for reviews!

Mar 21, 2024 at 12:48 PM Post #97,537 of 106,683
👀

Mar 21, 2024 at 2:01 PM Post #97,538 of 106,683
Considering how AliExpress cable vendors/manufacturers tend to over inflate the MSRP, to show a dramatic markdown. I'm surprised that customers are seeing the value, in a blind buy cable, that's marked down from $199.99 to $159.

Any guesses, as to what these two cables are ?

Goes without saying - don’t pay those prices. I posted the codes right here in this thread a few days back.

2 pretty sweet looking mystery bag deals for 7N cables from NiceHCK. Fairly sure from the description that they are Sakura and 7NBEE. The cables have been around some time so there are impressions elsewhere on the interwebs if one cares to look.

Pink cable
https://vi.aliexpress.com/item/1005006713552834.html
Code: 328PINK
Starting from $16.99

Gold cable
https://vi.aliexpress.com/item/1005006713717535.html
Code: 328GOLD
Starting from $22.99

I’ve nothing to do with them, apart from being really pleased with the GoldCrown from the deal I posted about last time, so am taking a punt on these as well.

Last edited:
Mar 21, 2024 at 2:18 PM Post #97,539 of 106,683
Quite possibly, and I'm not at all afraid of when the cycle repeats, but it will certainly be a while before I rejoin the purchasing spree at any serious pace. I think I also want to wait until any new new tech hits the (somewhat affordable) market. Till then, most discoveries will be focused on music discoveries.
Here's another aspect of this hobby that keeps my money clip closed most of the time, especially with IEMs: churn.

The number of new IEMs that are hyped for two weeks and then fade into the ether is staggering. I read every review of new products with zeal but wait for four to six weeks to see if people are still singing their praises or if another IEM Flavor of the Week has replaced it. I would say the former doesn't happen and the latter does happen with about 75 percent of new IEM releases.

Think about all the great IEMs that have been released in the last six to 12 months. How many are still market leaders? How many are still revered, used and purchased by a lot of people as the Chi-fi market continues to crank out new release after new release?

Not many.

So, that gives me pause, especially in this enormous growth phase of the IEM market. The good news about this growth phase is insane Chi-fi competition breeds some real innovation -- and I don't mean companies trying to pack double-digit drivers into a shell -- and also drives down prices.

Last edited:
Mar 21, 2024 at 2:36 PM Post #97,540 of 106,683
What switch setting do you use on the Trio? I am using 1000 at the moment.
1010 - ATM. I do switch up depending on moods, but typically I've sat on this setting.

Mar 21, 2024 at 2:54 PM Post #97,541 of 106,683
Trio arrived in the afternoon. Few hours into it, Very good!

I settled on 'down up up down' . To my ears, in metal music on this setting, less of bleed , more clarity and guitar stuff shines.

That could just be my preference, Overall though, Much more spacious than I anticipated. Busy music too doesn't get congested too easily, the stage is pretty decent! Has the required sauce in the clean and open mids; played vocals pretty well.

@FreeWheelinAudioLuv2 you got a winner at this price! V happy with both the Bassilicious castor and the more refined Trio. Yay!
I'm glad you like it and I didn't steer you wrong. It's so versatile, but yes, the secret sauce is that spacing, transparency and stage, plus it's ability to deal with busy tracks makes it a must for metalheads.

Mar 21, 2024 at 3:20 PM Post #97,542 of 106,683
For those who have heard both -

Dunu Falcon Ultra vs Cadenza 4 as an every day carry / all rounder?
Falcon Ultra in a heartbeat the C4 is almost to much on the Neutral side to really be called a fun all-rounder

Last edited:
Mar 21, 2024 at 3:30 PM Post #97,543 of 106,683
I'm glad you like it and I didn't steer you wrong. It's so versatile, but yes, the secret sauce is that spacing, transparency and stage, plus it's ability to deal with busy tracks makes it a must for metalheads.
Btw these are all what 2 db boost switches? All these terms like bass bleed ( I know I used that!) do they even apply? Can just 2 db thingy feel like that?

Btw, several hours in, brain burn has made it even more pleasurable. Tried out different genres, holds good.

Mar 21, 2024 at 4:12 PM Post #97,544 of 106,683
I got a review unit coming soon. You've hyped them up so I'm excited to try them out

Users who are viewing this thread

Back