The discovery thread!
Mar 8, 2024 at 12:46 AM Post #96,676 of 103,143
You had me in the first half. I always listen to the iems, it was trash! So bad, so rough, like my music was in a Cave, or the sewer.

Pula PA02 review, ohh I mean CKLVX 4+1 review. I'm mean wait... um... no I got it right.. the uhhh uhhh

At this price, would you say Aful Magicone better then these? I do see you put forward Chopin as better in the video but if the comparison of these 2 is done with MagicOne?

Mar 8, 2024 at 12:51 AM Post #96,677 of 103,143
*If you're interested in my colleague review of EA1000, here's the Link
Pros: - Best single DD for sub 220$
- Fast nimbly bass with superb texture
- Correct sounding mids
- Forward female vocal
- Good treble
- Highly details
- Highly technical
- Easy to drive
- Good accessories
- Can be fine tune using EA500 DIY modding kit
Cons: - Bright tuning, not for treble sensitive people
- Mid volume listener only, not suitable for high
- Gold nozzle doesn’t sound as good compared to the other two
So here are my impressions of EA1000, BQEYZ Wind and Hidizs MP145.

+ i'm a normal asian dude with some music producing background
+ i like clean balanced sound signature with focus on sub bass and lower treble, especially looking for a good dynamism and harmonic playthrough
+ i like vocal, not necessary mid dominant, can consider myself as treblehead
+ 60-68db listening session

1. Simgot EA1000 (T-APB Bass / Tangzu Sancai - stock nozzle)

- Bass (6/10):
Well rounded bass, enjoyable, definitely a step up from EA500 however, lacking excitement and that subwoofer kind of bass from EA500 (EA500 bass isn't good either, they just have different feeling, depends on what you like)
- Mid (7/10): still that goodness of Simgot house sound, both tune and detail is just about right
- Vocal (5,3/10): Vocal sound more foward and correct versus EA500, still sound average, somehow.
- Treble (6/10): While sibilance issue (that i have with EA500) is fixed, it sound less airy and lack shimmering when compare the two, still gonna give an edge to EA1000 since it's tuned more mature.
- Detail (5,3/10): Macro detail (6/10), Micro detail (4,5/10)
- Soundstage (4/10): suuuuuper average, compare to 6,5/10 of EA500
- Imaging (5/10): slightly better than just stereo, still suck
Bias (7/10): Balanced
Overall: 5,5/10
Hate to say that i didn't enjoy EA1000, more mature sound signature make the EA1000 feels less special and less likely going to stay. For more than 200$, idk man, i'm sorry, i really wish i would love this set.

2. BQEYZ Wind (Sedna - stock)

- Bass (6/10): these bass definitely have more body compare to EA1000, have rolloff aroun 60-80hz
- Mid (6,5/10): these mid remind me of Blon 03, so natural so correct, isn't sound better than Blon tho so ...
- Vocal (7/10): again very natural very lovely, i just enjoy every vocals song that i put into these, but again, Blon do it better lol
- Treble (5,5/10): Normal
- Detail (6,3/10): Macro detail (7/10), Micro detail (5,5/10)
- Sounstage (8/10): very big field
- Imaging (7/10): exceptional positioning / spacing but lack direction
Bias (5/10): Warm neutral
Overall: 6,7/10
While there're so many iem that better score than this in 200$ mark, i can still recommend this to those who like jazz - live performent, it's dynamism and musical sound still remain even if you go loud. This iem is an easy Rec for me!

3. Hidisz MP145 (this thing freaking HUGE, both nozzle and shell, the only tips i'm can safely put in is KBear 07)

- Bass (8,5/10): HUGE, so enjoyable, some of the best bass i've tried
- Mid (8/10): just clean, really clean, you can't just tried it and immediately fault it!, if only you like Raycon of course
- Vocal (7/10): weird sizzing / harshness with high register (could be my ears), foward sounding mid with just enough quantity of male/female vocals, still sound correct and feels good overall
- Treble (6/10): Harshness / Sizzing (could be my ears), not having good attack/decay despite being planar, release is quite good compare to other planars (dioko, timeless, Hookx, S12)
- Detail (6,5/10): Macro detail (7/10), Micro detail (6/10)
- Soundstage (4/10): ehhh, it's planar, it's flat driver, so is the sound
- Imagine (2/10): worse than being stereo lol
Bias (8/10): Bass boosted neutral
Overall: 6/10
I like it's tuning so much, probally the best tuned planar that i've tried (there's Heyday too), everything else beside tuning is quite underperforment, i would love to see how they gonna make it better.

yup alright, i'm out of words.
Happy reading haha.
Based on your graph, your MP145 it doesn't look like it's a "stealth mod" or "undisclosed variation". @redrol mentioned the pinna gain should be near 2K and your look like that instead of a 3K one.

1709877153939.png

Last edited:
Mar 8, 2024 at 12:54 AM Post #96,678 of 103,143
My Cadenza 4 is super delayed, getting one to review. But probably still a month away, due to new 2024 import rules of Norway.

I have anyways a lot of fun with the Campfire Bonneville and the Kinera Verdandi now, but would be nice with a cheaper set I actually dare take with me to work also.
What new import rules? Haven't been reading news lately because of all the evil that is going on around the world lately.

Mar 8, 2024 at 1:17 AM Post #96,679 of 103,143
Nice mid and bass 👍. Is it single or dual DD? How the heck did they manage to force a DD to conform to that curve?

The treble is just sad, though
Really I would not read too much into the graph. Graphs are a double edge sword in that sure they give some info but can be totally misleading to the point that people hear what is in the graph and don't judge the IEMs correctly, so they affect psychology even. You obviously didn't watch the video. What I got from the stream was there is a single custom 11mm (if I remember right) this is made by Kiwi ears, the next revolutionary thing is the KARS system which uses a chamber to tune the driver with out crossovers. So that is how they did it. I will wait to hear it before really looking at the graph. Cheers!

Mar 8, 2024 at 1:18 AM Post #96,680 of 103,143
What new import rules? Haven't been reading news lately because of all the evil that is going on around the world lately.
After new year they took away the 350nok/30usd import rule, so everything has the 25% now.

Problem is free stuff or actually cheap stuff, as customs don't believe it. Specially if you get something free without any invoice, like a filter nozzle I was missing on a set. Then customs here more or less harass the delivery companies to give the correct data/invoice, if not fees will apply the delivery company.

Now it's actually some companies that don't want to send to Norway, had problems this year with DHL and Yanwen.

Last edited:
Mar 8, 2024 at 1:51 AM Post #96,682 of 103,143
So I was only going to do first impressions here.........then the obsession took over my mind and body. The curiosity to know how the ASOS cable differers from the new Penon ASOS+ I just got in the mail this afternoon. Each time Penon makes a new version of a cable the wire is a different make-up. To be honest this is my 2nd ASOS+ cable I received a prototype of the ASOS+ between the original ASOS and this ASOS+ photographed and demoed today. The results here are wild really the ASOS and this new ASOS+ are almost opposites. Where the original ASOS is my reference. the cable I use all the time........therefor I'm really close to it..........call it a love affair? :)

Where the original ASOS is a blond, we now have a brunette in our hands.................both sexy in what they do........yet the ASOS PLUS goes to delineate much more thoroughly denser midrange and broadcasts a more realistic itemization of imaging. No drawbacks, only a diligent tonal character. The Palladium Purple plug now fastened to the ASOS+ mixed with the actual Palladium Purple Plug 2Pins adds character combined with the new wire formula to take things into a more separated and slightly (just slightly) toned down version of the original ASOS Cable.

Where I noted change was in how the bass was better sculpted better detail in the 10th Anniversary, added thickness in the midrange to the Volt previous TOTL. And surprisingly it took the giant midrange of the Neo 5 and pushed it even father out than it already was and added size..........crazy enough? So if you know the Neo 5 stage, I'm sure this is hard to believe? The Neo 5 was slightly less airy in comparison to the original ASOS, yet what we have now is thicker, beefier and more dramatic ASOS PLUS results. The crazy thing is this cable is basically well rounded and goes with everything, yet the original ASOS went with everything, only now Penon are taking the ASOS+ and adding realness and separation, where that is inside the stage, where the ASOS added girth to the outside of the stage. The original ASOS added a window into where the low end was better separated and existed in a blacker background, and which the ASOS+ we still have that background, only there is bigger separation into how the midrange is perceived...............which starts to steal a tad of that bass focus.

DSC_0372.jpegwd.jpeg

DSC_0375.jpegawf.jpeg
DSC_0380.jpega.jpeg
DSC_0383.jpegQWF.jpeg

DSC_0411.jpeg3e23.jpeg

Penon Volt

DSC_0414.jpegwr.jpeg

Penon Volt

DSC_0418.jpegAF.jpeg

Penon 10th Anniversary

DSC_0426.jpegw.jpeg

ISN Neo 5

Last edited:
Mar 8, 2024 at 1:54 AM Post #96,683 of 103,143
I am trying to tone my buying down. Last major iem I bought was the Timsok. The Mini Woo was not inexpensive, but can be spread around my collection to enhance the sound. The next iem I buy will be likely above $500 and it will take me some time to save for it. I will be very selective about that purchase as well.
I'm taking this careful and highly selective approach too, from now on. I feel this hobby is actually the most expensive in its 1st year. Then, you get to grips with your preferences and, more critically, your uncontrolled wallet shrinkage.

Second that. It sounds good out of a strong amp and some brain burn in. An interesting different choice, but not head and shoulder ahead of the competition. If one wants to understand the “fake” resolution, get this one, listen to a sparse song to appreciate its perceived detail, and then listen to a complex orchestral or electronic music and see the “real” resolution.
Resolution is always a difficult one to draw the line on. Where does fake resolution end and real resolution start. Treble-shy IEMs, AüR Aurora is the prime example, will always take a good while to appreciate. I would now classify the Aurora in the highly resolving camp, whereas upon first listen it could even feel muddy and smeared.

To be fair, if you slap a big price tag on it, put a boutique name on it, you will see people going on and on about how this IEMs is unique and you need to have taste for it, how it stands against the “sheep cult” of Harman-ish, how it makes they feel so emotional that tears coming out from all cavities.
Haha got me with "from all cavities". Not far from the truth though, I dare say. But Harman can only be taken so far before people start questioning its price tag, whereas wild tunings know no limits.

Honestly, I feel nowadays avoiding news is not the worst tactic to keep one's head cool and unbothered by things outside our reach. I'm staying clear from "news" best I can.

Mar 8, 2024 at 2:28 AM Post #96,684 of 103,143
Really I would not read too much into the graph. Graphs are a double edge sword in that sure they give some info but can be totally misleading to the point that people hear what is in the graph and don't judge the IEMs correctly, so they affect psychology even. You obviously didn't watch the video. What I got from the stream was there is a single custom 11mm (if I remember right) this is made by Kiwi ears, the next revolutionary thing is the KARS system which uses a chamber to tune the driver with out crossovers. So that is how they did it. I will wait to hear it before really looking at the graph. Cheers!

Incredible that they do all of that with just 1 DD. Not just the target they reach, but the skill to twist a DD response into that is fascinating. We will see whether the “technicalities” suffer as expected.

I would now classify the Aurora in the highly resolving camp, whereas upon first listen it could even feel muddy and smeared

It’s good that you can get satisfying resolution (perception) with Aurora.

To me, it’s all about (1) how much does an IEM struggle in busy, overlapping music and (2) how “deep” it can “dig” into the sound and reveal nuances.

People tend to think bright = detail, but I don’t think that’s all there is. For micro details, one can pay attention to hats, cymbals, and horns in good recordings. There are darkish IEM that make these instruments sound quite nuanced. There are bright ones that are detailed. And there are meh of both camps. It’s hard to know until one has heard truly “resolving” ones, and then it’s hard to miss.

But, it’s a “mind over matter” situation. If you don’t mind, then it doesn’t matter 😂

Mar 8, 2024 at 2:30 AM Post #96,685 of 103,143
Nice mid and bass 👍. Is it single or dual DD? How the heck did they manage to force a DD to conform to that curve?

The treble is just sad, though
The treble is always sad with Kiwi Ears. That should be their tagline "where the treb?"

Mar 8, 2024 at 2:43 AM Post #96,686 of 103,143
Incredible that they do all of that with just 1 DD. Not just the target they reach, but the skill to twist a DD response into that is fascinating. We will see whether the “technicalities” suffer as expected.

It’s good that you can get satisfying resolution (perception) with Aurora.

To me, it’s all about (1) how much does an IEM struggle in busy, overlapping music and (2) how “deep” it can “dig” into the sound and reveal nuances.

People tend to think bright = detail, but I don’t think that’s all there is. For micro details, one can pay attention to hats, cymbals, and horns in good recordings. There are darkish IEM that make these instruments sound quite nuanced. There are bright ones that are detailed. And there are meh of both camps. It’s hard to know until one has heard truly “resolving” ones, and then it’s hard to miss.

But, it’s a “mind over matter” situation. If you don’t mind, then it doesn’t matter 😂
From everything I have heard the NiceHCK Himalaya is the one to beat, and I don't think they are coming close............it is a lost cause. IMO The Himalaya is 2X the price probably.........but so what, who cares.

In other news.
Probably the DOME is the single best outcome (today) with the ASOS+ tune? I mean sure the 10th and the Volt do more to begin to create a music reality, except if anyone knows the DOME it has a boisterous midrange. And guess what the ASOS Plus does to that midrange? It takes it down ever so slightly in comparison to the original ASOS. Ending with a fluid and smoother example of how to interpret the mids. Now I bet you're thinking it's adding dullness, but that would be the very farthest from the facts...........the ASOS Plus is opening the reality of the midrange and adding thickness, but along with that thickness is a forward realism that just doesn't stop. Big imaging and exciting new tone for the DOME, making it sound way better than it costs alone........IMO?
DSC_0448.jpegefw.jpeg

Last edited:
Mar 8, 2024 at 2:43 AM Post #96,687 of 103,143
At this price, would you say Aful Magicone better then these? I do see you put forward Chopin as better in the video but if the comparison of these 2 is done with MagicOne?
That's a good question. I think the Aful Magic one has some nice details, but bass quality feels a little off. It has a nice graph, and for the 110 that it currently is, it's a nice iem for sure.

Mar 8, 2024 at 3:04 AM Post #96,688 of 103,143
That's a good question. I think the Aful Magic one has some nice details, but bass quality feels a little off. It has a nice graph, and for the 110 that it currently is, it's a nice iem for sure.
Wait, you find magic one better than Pula PA02? I put the pula closer to P8 than Magic One

Mar 8, 2024 at 3:16 AM Post #96,689 of 103,143
Wait, you find magic one better than Pula PA02? I put the pula closer to P8 than Magic One
Different tones and vocals. I think the Magic one does something special. The Pula is fine, but it is also 180. I mean it's hard if you look at a value proposition in hifi. I find the pula to have a nice tone overall, but lacks details and imaging but has excellent mids and low end. It's a fun set for the price but doesn't have anything special. The magic one to me adds something to vocals that just sounds clean and pure.

Mar 8, 2024 at 4:15 AM Post #96,690 of 103,143
The magic one to me adds something to vocals that just sounds clean and pure.
You hit the nail on its head with this one. Maybe that upcoming AFUL 2+1 carries this tuning but with better tech? Imaging they can hit the tech of P8 and tuning of Magic One with only 3 drivers. My ideal EDC for sure

Users who are viewing this thread

Back