The discovery thread!
Feb 25, 2024 at 8:25 AM Post #96,077 of 106,705
Hm, not sure I understand this idea. Charging cases are a necessary evil in TWS world IMO. It is the thing you use to store/charge TWS, but once you're using TWS, case is something you throw in your pocket and hope it irritates you as little as possible. Case having an interface seems highly useless to me and just a (silly) way of trying to separate from other companies.

What does SLIIVO stand for? I expect it is something as cringeworthy as Ziigaat? Is it really so difficult to come up with a catchy name? Aful, Ziigaat and Sliivo definitely miss the mark for me.
I agree, though still we have to see how this works out. Like if anyone could do it, it would be Apple. But look how the Apple Dongle changed the industry. Remember in 2007 Apple released it, then it became popular. Then they introduced TWS to the masses. You have to at least give them respect for mainstream acceptance, that’s all. I have the Dongle and AirPods around for comparison, and sure they can be easily beat by other products. The Apple stuff is not exactly audiophile, but some think it is? I beg do differ, still it seems much of what they release sells to normal people. The iPod shuffle was my first DAP, the I got lots of other IPods, I rebelled against them, until everyone around had one, then I joined. The IPod mini, the IPod Video....I’m typing this on an iPod Touch as we speak, I have three of them. So also Apple is supposed to release the IPod again for 2024, though I have no real info on it. This case with a screen is in production, it’s coming out this year, if it is truly changing the on-the-go process we shall see. I do the same thing, when using TWS I use the case then put it away. So this still will be interesting, I’m guessing little kids may be even watching movies on the case shell someday, maybe?

Last edited:
Feb 25, 2024 at 8:38 AM Post #96,078 of 106,705
The 2024 coming AirPods will revolutionize the industry.
“There is a need for a headphone case device that can control operations that are traditionally associated with headphones (e.g., playback controls, changing audio sources, changing audio output modes, etc.). There is a further need for a headphone case that can also convey information to a user, through haptics and/or display devices. Such methods and interfaces optionally complement conventional methods for controlling wireless headphones. Such methods and interfaces reduce the number, extent, and/or nature of the inputs from a user and produce a more efficient human-machine interface.”
I don't know if any of you guys also experience this, but whenever I use wireless earphones, I get headaches and feel dizzy. I've owned several pairs of them, and I couldn't stand using them, so I ended up giving all of them away.

Feb 25, 2024 at 8:45 AM Post #96,079 of 106,705
So this still will be interesting, I’m guessing little kids may be even watching movies on the case shell maybe?
Playing is not reserved only for kids :wink:

I love new tech...whether this would be usable for me or not...
probably not because I don't buy Apple stuff except laptops and computers...
but I salute new tech...whether it is usable, stupid or genius...

I would love to visit Vegas one day when CES is happening...

Cheers to the new (and old) TECH!!! : ))))

Feb 25, 2024 at 8:45 AM Post #96,080 of 106,705
I don't know if any of you guys also experience this, but whenever I use wireless earphones, I get headaches and feel dizzy. I've owned several pairs of them, and I couldn't stand using them, so I ended up giving all of them away.
Heard about it before from a friend, there is alot of stuff we don't know about wireless technology and how it affect our body. Is it safe to use long term? There is no long term data on it since it's relatively new technology.

Some are also hyper sensetive to electro magnetic fields and other stuff, can sound like bull for most people. But it's a real problem for some.

I use TWS at work, and have no problems.

Last edited:
Feb 25, 2024 at 8:50 AM Post #96,081 of 106,705
I use TWS SHOZY AVA IEMs in the Gym 4 days a week and don't have a problem, yet I believe you, and feel you could try a different brand, maybe?

Feb 25, 2024 at 9:44 AM Post #96,082 of 106,705
I use TWS SHOZY AVA IEMs in the Gym 4 days a week and don't have a problem, yet I believe you, and feel you could try a different brand, maybe?
I already tried different brands like Xiaomi, Samsung, Apple, etc., mostly given to me as gifts because my friends and family know I'm into audio gear.
Heard about it before from a friend, there is alot of stuff we don't know about wireless technology and how it affect our body. Is it safe to use long term? There is no long term data on it since it's relatively new technology.

Some are also hyper sensetive to electro magnetic fields and other stuff, can sound like bull for most people. But it's a real problem for some.

I used to not believe it's the TWS doing it because, even when I looked this up, many refuted it online. But whenever I use wireless earphones for long enough, maybe around 15 minutes, I get these headaches that immediately go away when I turn them off.

Feb 25, 2024 at 10:03 AM Post #96,083 of 106,705
iFi Audio GO bar Dongle:
First impressions:
Well this is hands down the best Dongle I have heard to date, and for the price it should be.
Now you know why I praise iFi so much. They make some seriously good sounding stuff.

Feb 25, 2024 at 10:29 AM Post #96,084 of 106,705

I already tried different brands like Xiaomi, Samsung, Apple, etc., mostly given to me as gifts because my friends and family know I'm into audio gear.

I used to not believe it's the TWS doing it because, even when I looked this up, many refuted it online. But whenever I use wireless earphones for long enough, maybe around 15 minutes, I get these headaches that immediately go away when I turn them off.

Actually those BT and WiFI tech are considered safe and harmless to brain and body, there were so many debates about all of this, and there are written research that they are less harmful than sunlight or something.
If not, some organizations will prevent them to be sold in certain countries or put limitation like volume cap of DAPs in some region.
How about wearing cable IEMs for long time? Or maybe could it because of the pressure, or volume or anything else that cause dizziness or affecting your inner balance through your ears?

Feb 25, 2024 at 10:56 AM Post #96,086 of 106,705
Actually those BT and WiFI tech are considered safe and harmless to brain and body, there were so many debates about all of this, and there are written research that they are less harmful than sunlight or something.
If not, some organizations will prevent them to be sold in certain countries or put limitation like volume cap of DAPs in some region.
How about wearing cable IEMs for long time? Or maybe could it because of the pressure, or volume or anything else that cause dizziness or affecting your inner balance through your ears?
Not saying they are unsafe, but it's not first time the world has proven something safe and later unsafe.

My friend actually gets open wounds on the hands if he uses smartphones more than 1 hour a day. Turn it on flight mode so BT and WiFi is off, and nothing happens. Tbh I didn't believe it either when he told me. In a way it's still hard to believe 😅

I for one will continue use TWS, make both work and gym so much more enjoyable.

Last edited:
Feb 25, 2024 at 11:00 AM Post #96,087 of 106,705
Hm, not sure I understand this idea. Charging cases are a necessary evil in TWS world IMO. It is the thing you use to store/charge TWS, but once you're using TWS, case is something you throw in your pocket and hope it irritates you as little as possible. Case having an interface seems highly useless to me and just a (silly) way of trying to separate from other companies.

What does SLIIVO stand for? I expect it is something as cringeworthy as Ziigaat? Is it really so difficult to come up with a catchy name? Aful, Ziigaat and Sliivo definitely miss the mark for me.
Ha Ha I asked the same question. The answer was CKLVX and SLIIVO has no acronym and means nothing. The names were made as to not encroach or confuse against any other brand.

Meyer Audio is a OEM that means they make IEM for name brands that's why the caution I guess.

Seems like they come from the factory that also makes Juzear and possible PULA

In ChiFi I think we are seeing a fundamental shift in the landscape.
OEM manufacturers are coming out with tbiee own brands and maybe because the distributors are asking for too much money.

A perfect example is HBB / Ziigaat Jupiter. Even Cris was surprised by how much Linsoul decided to set the price. Looks greedy feels greedy and I actually feel bad for HBB sort of.

Reinforces my statement that collaborations are bad for the hobby.

Last edited:
Feb 25, 2024 at 11:10 AM Post #96,088 of 106,705
Not saying they are unsafe, but it's not first time the world has proven something safe and later unsafe.

My friend actually gets open wounds on the hands if he uses smartphones more than 1 hour a day. Turn it on flight mode so BT and WiFi is off, and nothing happens. Tbh I didn't believe it either when he told me, got tested by the hospital and they don't understand why it happens either.
I pressed 'like' but I actually meant What...

Feb 25, 2024 at 11:14 AM Post #96,089 of 106,705
I pressed 'like' but I actually meant What...
Would be cool if they had emotes here, understand your reaction.

On another note, walking outside now with Sony Linkbuds S TWS.

Last edited:
Feb 25, 2024 at 11:29 AM Post #96,090 of 106,705
Never experience the same issues I'm feeling with tws with wired ones unless I'm already ill or motion sick. I've been on and off with TWS gear, hoping it's just my brain playing tricks with me, but it seems to never go away, so I stopped completely using them, even though I really like them for jogging and exercising.
I totally agree with this. I read a lot of articles mentioning recalls and bans of certain products that are known to be safe but are unsafe. A recent example of this is sucralose.

"In the new study, when researchers exposed human blood cells to sucralose-6-acetate, they found that it caused breaks in DNA. This could potentially increase the risk of cancer or other health problems."¹

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back