The discovery thread!
Feb 4, 2024 at 2:39 AM Post #94,621 of 101,370
I got to hear it at CanJam it was buttery smooth like a Aful 8 with more resolution and more bass. No idea why they are waiting so long on it. They have been hyping for a long time…

Are they retuning it, perhaps? Yeah, been such a long time. In fact, it was hovering around a chinese forum erji or some such even before I got the P8s. Lost patience and got the P8s. In my mind, originally, it was just to get one good high-level product from IEM and Headphones and be done with it. Got the HD660s2 cans, and I am positively sure I won't be getting another headphones. But IEMs proved trickier to satiate the thirst; perhaps, had Cantor been there and I would have purchased it and not looked back or become a member here! But they didn't, and I ended up splitting that budget into a different lesser-priced iems. Not complaining per se, but it would have been good had they released it then.

Feb 4, 2024 at 2:46 AM Post #94,622 of 101,370
Also anyone remember Leo Nas? He got his fiio fx15

1707012882140.png

All audio forums and Facebook audio groups will heave a massive sigh of relief.

8en0s8.jpg

Well, at least until the Fiio FX17 comes out.

Feb 4, 2024 at 2:56 AM Post #94,623 of 101,370
All audio forums and Facebook audio groups will heave a massive sigh of relief.

8en0s8.jpg

Well, at least until the Fiio FX17 comes out.
He can join Dave and his Fiio FH9 😄

Feb 4, 2024 at 3:11 AM Post #94,624 of 101,370
Apologies for the late response. Been a long day out with the family.

F1 Pro tends to sound more resolving and a step up in vocals and mids compared to the T10. Treble and Bass are the most notable things that stand out to me as a direct upgrade over the T10. T10 has a bit of warmth to the tone but has some nice balance. F1 leans more neutral and bright to me.
No problem man thank you for the extensive write up!! Hoping I can maybe catch a sale on the F1 pro's these days

Feb 4, 2024 at 4:39 AM Post #94,625 of 101,370
What does all-rounder mean? And before you tell me that it works with all genres, think for a minute.

I have to agree with Crinacle on this one: we shouldn't ask whether an IEM is suitable for a "genre" but whether it does a good job at faithfully reproduce all instruments. And yes, bass and kick drums are also "instruments." I don't agree at all with "neutral" IEM that does not have bass.

So to me, all-rounder is like something from the professional monitor line of 64 Audio. They work with everything, with minimal colouring, provide good bass and kickass technical performance. Something like Campfire Dorado 2020 is the opposite of "all-rounder" to me (in fact I have less generous opinions about these, but that's not for public discourse :dt880smile: )

At the moment, the "perfect" all-rounder (again, IMHO) should be Subtonic STORM. Since it's shockingly expensive, I'll stick to the U12T that I got on a bargain from a good friend.

This is why that Aful Cantor keeps nagging away at me. Want to experience what 14 BAs do, especially as with one just BA they seem to have wowed the pants of the likes of @o0genesis0o , @Jaytiss and a few more. How will 14 BA sound, coupled with Aful expertise. @o0genesis0o if it's out of budget for me, I will come to a cafe near your home and hear it. Next Christmas/new year time when I get to your country. Deal?! Don't worry, I shall return em to you after at the end of the coffee at Pellegrini's Espresso Bar or even five-guys's coffee! don't chicken out! and whatever you say about your budget now, I am more sure than you that you will be getting the Cantor!

If you can pop up here, I'm happy to let you try anything in my IEM drawer :dt880smile: I don't have many good stuffs though.

I got to hear it at CanJam it was buttery smooth like a Aful 8 with more resolution and more bass. No idea why they are waiting so long on it. They have been hyping for a long time…

That sounds like a perfect IEM sub-kilobuck IEM I have been waiting for. I don't think they hype this IEM at all. In fact, they haven't mentioned it since CanJam. It's us who have been hyping it up.

I'm seriously considering AuR Ascension, SR8, DTE900, or Kinera Verdandi at the moment, since AFUL is MIA. But I don't really need any IEM anymore (and I'm broke)

Just finished recording a video about the entire AFUL IEM line, because I can't wait for Cantor anymore, and I want to test my new studio setup. That P8 review that I promised since May 2023 is coming, folks :dt880smile:

Edit: @DynamicEars FiiO FH19 is coming as well. Dave is going to have new toy. Btw, when can we hear more about your DIY Tribrid project?

Last edited:
Feb 4, 2024 at 4:55 AM Post #94,626 of 101,370
Gah, I keep hesitating on whether to get the TSMR-X. I already have the OD200, and EA500LM due today to give me a flavour of something different and see what a less warm and clearer IEM sounds like.

But the praise for the TSMR is really intriguing and I’m wondering if I’d notice a difference jumping up from these two IEM’s to something quite a bit more expensive what with diminishing returns and not being sure my ears are maybe as good as others are recognising the details that some people can pick up etc.

Feb 4, 2024 at 5:00 AM Post #94,627 of 101,370
Gah, I keep hesitating on whether to get the TSMR-X. I already have the OD200, and EA500LM due today to give me a flavour of something different and see what a less warm and clearer IEM sounds like.

But the praise for the TSMR is really intriguing and I’m wondering if I’d notice a difference jumping up from these two IEM’s to something quite a bit more expensive what with diminishing returns and not being sure my ears are maybe as good as others are recognising the details that some people can pick up etc.
Personally, I would wait for graph when it comes to TSMR and Kinera IEM. Not saying that graph is everything, but these brands can be quite ... boutique in their tonal balance. No matter how good an IEM is if it is opposite of your prefer signature. For example, imaging a neutral-head blind buying FirAudio XE6.

Why don't you go for EA1000? That IEM is somewhat a mythical beast in my circle. Even my Harman critic good friend Bosk is very impressed by these. Since EA1000 is still a Harman-ish IEM, it should be clearer than the OD200 (western-boutique tuning) and EA500LM (kinda 10dB target tuning?)

Feb 4, 2024 at 5:02 AM Post #94,628 of 101,370
Personally, I would wait for graph when it comes to TSMR and Kinera IEM. Not saying that graph is everything, but these brands can be quite ... boutique in their tonal balance. No matter how good an IEM is if it is opposite of your prefer signature. For example, imaging a neutral-head blind buying FirAudio XE6.

Why don't you go for EA1000? That IEM is somewhat a mythical beast in my circle. Even my Harman critic good friend Bosk is very impressed by these. Since EA1000 is still a Harman-ish IEM, it should be clearer than the OD200 (western-boutique tuning) and EA500LM (kinda 10dB target tuning?)

I did consider the EA1000 (still am) but figured with the EA500LM coming into stock at Amazon UK and giving me a chance to try the Simgot sound for a cheaper price, I’d give that one a try first.

Feb 4, 2024 at 5:26 AM Post #94,629 of 101,370
I did consider the EA1000 (still am) but figured with the EA500LM coming into stock at Amazon UK and giving me a chance to try the Simgot sound for a cheaper price, I’d give that one a try first.
If you have the chance try dunu falcon ultra

Feb 4, 2024 at 5:56 AM Post #94,631 of 101,370

The Simgot EA500LM is a very technical, quality IEM and will be just as satisfactory as having the Tansio Mirai 10th X.

Feb 4, 2024 at 6:18 AM Post #94,632 of 101,370

924671E0-83E7-45D6-BF2C-D581A6675BA6.gif

Feb 4, 2024 at 6:23 AM Post #94,633 of 101,370
REVELATORY! ***ATTENTION THOSE WITH BIG EAR HOLES***

On the recommendation of @Dsnuts , I purchased three pairs of XL Penon Liqueur Silicone Eartips. Now i'm almost positive that Penon meant to to call these lacquer and not liqueur, as they have an almost lacquered sheen on them, but these olive style tips have a tack on them that helps with a grip and seal very reminiscent of the Azla Xelestecs, but without that weird and unfortunate warping that ultimately affects the Azlas. They are tacky and they run BIG, so if you have canyon like ear holes, or like me, have a wonky ear canal, these are truly revelatory for a firm fit and seal. These are like what if you took JVC Spiral Dots and slapped a sticky lacquer on them?

Sonically, they define the bass, and give it some heft and definition, while retaining stage due to the fairly wide bore, but at the same time providing some taming of the top end without sacrificing too much air (maybe just a tad?), but with the EW200, EA1000, or Wu Zetian, this is an absolutely welcomed sonic effect. I can only imagine slapping these on the TSMR X? It should really take them to new heights? Now these aren't staying on the EW200, but going on the OD200 to assist in improving the fit, due to the short nozzles on the OD200. So until I can order some more, and I'll probably order 2 more sets of 3, they will sit firm on my OD200, EA1000, and Wu Zetian. Thanks for the heads up, DS. These will become my new favorite tips, along with the spiral dots, and pair with most of my IEMS!

They come in black and orange. I got the blacks.
I will try them Penon Liqueur Silicone Eartips!

By the way......here is my TINHIFI T5S review!

https://www.head-fi.org/showcase/tinhifi-t5s.26981/reviews#review-32891

With the original T5 I make a joke that it stands for a 5 kHz treble peak, that without any bass for extra support you used to be left with only 5 kHz only........lucky they went and fixed that.

DSC_0288.jpegone h.jpeg

Last edited:
Feb 4, 2024 at 6:32 AM Post #94,634 of 101,370
That’s been on the list but I believe it’s very similar to the OD200 in many ways so not sure I’d notice much difference. Keeping an eye on eBay in case one pops up though.

The Falcon Ultra has better micro-detailing and imaging, but loses to the OD200 in soundstage and instrument separation. Both have tuning nozzles to vary tonality (and hence versatility).

I would consider these 2 as sidegrades.

Feb 4, 2024 at 6:58 AM Post #94,635 of 101,370
That’s been on the list but I believe it’s very similar to the OD200 in many ways so not sure I’d notice much difference
Pretty much this.
I would consider these 2 as sidegrades
Also this. But I’m pretty sure you’d like one more than the other then you’d be stuck with a $200 IEM. Trust your gut and stay away

Users who are viewing this thread

Back