The discovery thread!
Jan 10, 2024 at 6:21 AM Post #92,776 of 106,792
Man this IEM(NiceHCK F1 Pro) is really interesting. Clean, Crisp, Not harsh at all, and adequate bass(Strong Sub-bass by the way), and outstasnding fit as well.

F1 Pro.jpg
2023 ended with a bang with this one and the MagicOne (and maybe Oriveti end of year releases that I haven’t heard)

Jan 10, 2024 at 6:26 AM Post #92,777 of 106,792
2023 ended with a bang with this one and the MagicOne (and maybe Oriveti end of year releases that I haven’t heard)
Definitely man. My 2023 was great with MP145 as well. Might share the review on F1 Pro tonight. Been in the works for a long time now. Man I actually have so many written reviews pending on me lol. Most of them are more than halfway done, BQEYZ Wind, MP145, i guess i will start writing them ahead lol.

Jan 10, 2024 at 8:57 AM Post #92,778 of 106,792
Xuan Wu Gate, the flagship of Tangzu.

416344479_357021857074011_7260508397925027334_n.jpg

https://www.facebook.com/tangzuaudi...Go8abEaKzX5MNzGMpyAJG1jyLxMdYNBZuWiBmojZraA4l

Actually the "XUANWU GATE INCIDENT" that this IEM is named after, is a notorious event in ancient China: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Xuanwu_Gate_Incident

So Li Yuan (for which Tangzu/Tforce Audio's first IEM was named after as Yuan Li) assassinated his rivals to the throne at this gate, which was leading to the imperial palace. Thereafter, he ascended the throne to become the emperor of the Tang Dynasty.

Haha, pretty dark stuff, like a Game of Thrones backdrop!

Jan 10, 2024 at 9:06 AM Post #92,779 of 106,792
Xuan Wu Gate, the flagship of Tangzu.

416344479_357021857074011_7260508397925027334_n.jpg

https://www.facebook.com/tangzuaudi...Go8abEaKzX5MNzGMpyAJG1jyLxMdYNBZuWiBmojZraA4l

Actually the "XUANWU GATE INCIDENT" that this IEM is named after, is a notorious event in ancient China: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Xuanwu_Gate_Incident

So Li Yuan (for which Tangzu/Tforce Audio's first IEM was named after as Yuan Li) assassinated his rivals to the throne at this gate, which was leading to the imperial palace. Thereafter, he ascended the throne to become the emperor of the Tang Dynasty.

Haha, pretty dark stuff, like a Game of Thrones backdrop!
First a 'detective' game ( https://www.thegamedetective.com/products/the-xuanwu-gate-incident ) and now an iem... Wah!

Jan 10, 2024 at 9:15 AM Post #92,780 of 106,792
Oriolus Szalayi and Cayin RU7 have been ordered, and now I rest until CanJam...

Impressions coming this weekend.

Jan 10, 2024 at 10:29 AM Post #92,781 of 106,792
Definitely man. My 2023 was great with MP145 as well. Might share the review on F1 Pro tonight. Been in the works for a long time now. Man I actually have so many written reviews pending on me lol. Most of them are more than halfway done, BQEYZ Wind, MP145, i guess i will start writing them ahead lol.
Where did you get it from? Concept kart told me that they will get a review unit, will evaluate before selling etc.. Did you order from hifigo? Is the process simple, esp with customs etc? Have ordered from Penon (breeze) and hiby (customs grrr).

Btw, is there a way to get something from ali Express to India? Am eying that Pulapao2, but only Ali-Ex selling it. Grrr..

Last edited:
Jan 10, 2024 at 10:48 AM Post #92,782 of 106,792
I hit my self imposed audio purchase limit for the month with the Quattro, niceHCK F1 Pro, REECHO SG-01 DAWN and Pula PA02
Can I have your budget please?

Jan 10, 2024 at 11:01 AM Post #92,783 of 106,792
Hey, Guys. So I'm doing this little exercise of writing articles of each IEM I own to curb the forever feeling of wanting to buy something. Cables, tips, new IEMs, sources.... whatever. The FOMO and GAS is strong with me, so in an effort to save some money, I've decided to embark on this journey. I hope it brings some value to some of you.

Thanks for having me here.

Okay, here we are. The first post in this new project of mine. Going through my entire collection, diving deep, taking photos, and doing proper comparisons. Again, this really isn’t for anyone else but myself, comparing my other sets with such similar sound sigs surely should convince my brain to stop scrolling mindlessly on AliX, adding things to my cart unnecessarily
:sweat_smile:

First up, I’ll be doing the Ziigaat Cinno - this set comes from the brand that seemingly has come out of nowhere, but somehow, has been here all along. Lurking in the shadows, supposedly manufacturing IEMs for other brands as the OEM. They’ve finally decided to come out of the shadows. In their own words “The name ZiiGaat originates from our core values: Zero in on Ideas, Innovate, Grow, and Achieve All Together.”

The Cinno being one of their first IEMs, it’s an interesting take on the traditional 1+4 config under the $100 price point. The two hybrids that I have in my collection to compare to the Cinno are the 7hz Sonus and the Truthear Hexa. I’ve had the Hexa for quite some time now, since they first released last year, while the Sonus I’ve had for about 2 months or so. I’ve become pretty familiar with both sets, with the Hexa being my EDC for the better part of 2 months earlier this year.

With that out of the way, here are my test tracks and my sources if you were curious and, of course, a little disclaimer
:slight_smile:

Summary
Test tracks

• Give Life Back to Music - daft punk - Overall clarity
  • Infinity Repeating - daft punk - Lower mids control
  • Voyager - daft punk - Bass line clarity/busy track layering
  • Cthulhu Sleeps - Sub bass texture
  • Overnight - Parcels - mid-bass punch
  • Tieduprightnow - Parcels - bass line/sibilance test
  • Everyroad -Parcels - Imaging/Sub bass @ 7-minute mark
  • Daytime - Lunar Vacation - Staging/female vocals w/ heavy bass
  • Days - No Vacation - Vibe test/treble energy
  • Fruiting Body - Goon - Sub bass
  • Wavy Maze - Goon - Midbass
  • Together - Maggie Rodgers - Female Vocals
  • Slide Tackle - Japanese Breakfast - Sibilance test/consonants harshness
  • Decode - Paramore - Vibe test/stage depth
  • Vinta - Crumb - Stage depth/layering
  • Kim’s Caravan - Courtney Barnett - Female Vocals/resolution test
  • Small Poppies - Courtney Barnett - Distorted Guitar
  • Lifelong Song - Men I Trust - Sub/mid-bass texture
  • One and Only - Adele - Female Vocals/consonants harshness test
  • Waves - Wild Painting - Overall Enjoyment and stage depth/width/Bass guitar speed
  • Not the One - Highnoon - Female Vocals
  • Cowboy Killer - Varsity - Layering
  • Alone in My Principles - Varsity - Distorted female vocals
  • Summer Madness - Kool & The Gang - Treble Harshness
Sources

• Apple Music Streaming Hi-Res Lossless when available
  • Topping D10s + Topping L30
  • Moondrop Dawn 4.4
  • Dunu DTC 500
  • FiiO BTR7 BT
Disclaimer

I am not a reviewer. Positively, 100%, confidently, I will never be one or possess the ability to be one. Don’t take anything I say as an objective stance, of course, this is all my opinion, y’all, this hobby should be fun! I’m just having a bit of a laugh with all of this. This is purely my opinion after all
:handshake:
:sunglasses:
I personally value timbre and tonality over everything else. If a set has a strange tonality or timbre, it’s an immediate turn-off. It stands out to me right away, and my brain locks on it for the rest of the session.

Edit-1.jpg

To me, the Cinno sounds somewhat similar to the graph here. If I had never heard them, I’d expect them to be more laid back than they are. To my ears, they come across as warm neutral, with a slight emphasis on vocals in most songs, and a slightly dark treble. I remember first listening to this set during a tour with my buddies and not falling in love, in fact, I found the tonality a bit strange. I couldn’t put my finger on it. But after a while, with some different tips, they started to settle in a bit. Fast forward to now and I own them. I found them as a 1 off solution to a warm neutral IEM for EDC, allowing me to consider selling off some other sets like the Hexa, Sonus, and the EA500.

Edit-2.jpg

Comparing the 3 IEMs in question here, I can say the Hexas are the most comfortable, with the Cinno coming in at 2nd and the Sonus being 3rd. The Hexas fit me like a glove, and provide probably the best isolation out of most of my collection. The Cinno took some serious tip rolling to just fit, then it came down to finding the best-sounding tip, the Sonus just has strange grooves on the shells and not to mention, they’re surprisingly somewhat large IEMs between the overall shell and nozzle opening. I’m still tip-rolling with them, but I’ve landed on the Clarion tips for both the Hexa and the Sonus, with the Cinno rocking the KBear 07 tips in the smallest size. The Cinno isn’t large at all it’s the opposite problem. They’re tiny. Almost too small. The shells are incredibly compact, with the nozzle a shorter length. I have to jam them in quite deep to get a secure fit. Otherwise, they find their way out of my ears after a while. After finding the right tip, I haven’t had any issues luckily.

On to sound, and this one is weird because the Cinna, Hexa, and Sonus are like brothers in this regard. The tuning choices here are all different flavors of neutral.

Cinno, Hexa, Sonus graph.png

Also, I know graphs don’t mean a damn thing half the time, but I like to use it as a reference. Sue me.

Allow me to summarize; These all sound pretty close to how they graph to my ears honestly. The Cinno has a more laid-back approach to the entire sound sig. They also come across as the warmest of the bunch. The laid-back pinna area most likely has a lot to do with this. The Hexa comes across as also very warm, but with more forward vocals, masking is present here, with that 3k peak coming across as somewhat harsh to me. Female vocals are smooth as silk on the Cinno, they have plenty of energy to come across as alive, whereas the Hexas can sound a little unrefined and the Sonus presents some serious masking in that area for me. The Sonus is the cleanest of the bunch, they have a sterile and maybe a little cold sound to them. Everything is almost surgical. The best thing about the Sonus to me is the way the Sub-bass comes across, due to the lack of lower mids and that sharper pinna gain, vocals seem separated from the bass frequencies. This is nice honestly, but after a while, they become fatiging. Not to mention, they can lack that mid-bass energy I can sometimes crave. Mid-bass hits aren’t as authoritative as I’d like. The bass line in Voyager is heard, but not felt all that much. Whereas in the Cinno, I can hear the bassline but also feel that beautiful French, nasty-ass bass line. I dig it. The Hexa does a good job with this too, they’re thicker in the presentation but that artificial snare hit on the 2 can be a little jarring at times. It all depends on the day.

Upper mids and treble go to the Cinno for me, hands down. Due to the tuning choice here, that relaxed Pinna is god damned buttery smooth, with little to NO masking. This is probably one of the first experiences I’ve had with a lack of masking for my HRTF. This means the Cinnos are more detailed than the other 2, regardless of what the graph might indicate. I can hear smaller, minute micro-details listening to the Cinno, and I love that. It’s what helped me decide that these are for me. The Sonus sounds more airy and thin, and the Hexas have a warmth + forwardness going on. The Cinnos are the most balanced without sounding boring to my ears.

Breaking down each aspect of the Cinno has me feeling this way;

Bass - Punchy, with plenty of energy. Slightly rounder with natural decay.
Mids - Clean, clear, and highly resolving. Not forward, not buried in the mix.
Treble - Easygoing, not fatiguing or offensive.

I don’t think the Cinno is for everyone though. I’d say a lot of folks would like some more energy in the upper mids perhaps, and the treble extension isn’t anything to write home about either. It isn’t incredibly airy or vibrant like the EA500. The Sub-bass for me is lacking somewhat as well. I think for that part of the FR, the Sonus is the winner there. It doesn’t have the best tactility or forceful playback. If these had about 3-4 dB more in the sub-bass area, it’d be damn near perfect. One thing I’d also like to point out is that the Cinno does suffer from the slightest bit of BA timbre. After the rose-colored glasses were lifted about a week after owning them, I was listening to Fruiting Body by Goon, and I definitely noticed it. Most people won’t notice it I feel, so I don’t expect it to be a huge issue.

I think I put down everything I wanted to about the Cinno.
Conclusion; these have replaced 3 of my other sets. I think these are fantastic, they work for me. They don’t come across as too thick, or too laid back like some other lower pinna sets I’ve listened to in the past, but rather, perfectly balanced.

Thank you for reading, gents
:heart_hands:

Edit-3.jpg
Amazing post! I have found some music I REALLY like from your test tracks. Thank you!!

Jan 10, 2024 at 11:02 AM Post #92,784 of 106,792
Hey, Guys. So I'm doing this little exercise of writing articles of each IEM I own to curb the forever feeling of wanting to buy something. Cables, tips, new IEMs, sources.... whatever. The FOMO and GAS is strong with me, so in an effort to save some money, I've decided to embark on this journey. I hope it brings some value to some of you.

Okay, here we are. The first post in this new project of mine. Going through my entire collection, diving deep, taking photos, and doing proper comparisons. Again, this really isn’t for anyone else but myself, comparing my other sets with such similar sound sigs surely should convince my brain to stop scrolling mindlessly on AliX, adding things to my cart unnecessarily

First up, I’ll be doing the Ziigaat Cinno - this set comes from the brand that seemingly has come out of nowhere, but somehow, has been here all along. Lurking in the shadows, supposedly manufacturing IEMs for other brands as the OEM. They’ve finally decided to come out of the shadows. In their own words “The name ZiiGaat originates from our core values: Zero in on Ideas, Innovate, Grow, and Achieve All Together.”

The Cinno being one of their first IEMs, it’s an interesting take on the traditional 1+4 config under the $100 price point. The two hybrids that I have in my collection to compare to the Cinno are the 7hz Sonus and the Truthear Hexa. I’ve had the Hexa for quite some time now, since they first released last year, while the Sonus I’ve had for about 2 months or so. I’ve become pretty familiar with both sets, with the Hexa being my EDC for the better part of 2 months earlier this year.

With that out of the way, here are my test tracks and my sources if you were curious and, of course, a little disclaimer

Summary
Test tracks

• Waves - Wild Painting - Overall Enjoyment and stage depth/width/Bass guitar speed
Sources

• Moondrop Dawn 4.4
  • Dunu DTC 500
  • FiiO BTR7 BT
Disclaimer

I am not a reviewer. Positively, 100%, confidently, I will never be one or possess the ability to be one. Don’t take anything I say as an objective stance, of course, this is all my opinion, y’all, this hobby should be fun! I’m just having a bit of a laugh with all of this. This is purely my opinion after all
I personally value timbre and tonality over everything else. If a set has a strange tonality or timbre, it’s an immediate turn-off. It stands out to me right away, and my brain locks on it for the rest of the session.

Edit-1.jpg

To me, the Cinno sounds somewhat similar to the graph here. If I had never heard them, I’d expect them to be more laid back than they are. To my ears, they come across as warm neutral, with a slight emphasis on vocals in most songs, and a slightly dark treble. I remember first listening to this set during a tour with my buddies and not falling in love, in fact, I found the tonality a bit strange. I couldn’t put my finger on it. But after a while, with some different tips, they started to settle in a bit. Fast forward to now and I own them. I found them as a 1 off solution to a warm neutral IEM for EDC, allowing me to consider selling off some other sets like the Hexa, Sonus, and the EA500.

Edit-2.jpg

Comparing the 3 IEMs in question here, I can say the Hexas are the most comfortable, with the Cinno coming in at 2nd and the Sonus being 3rd. The Hexas fit me like a glove, and provide probably the best isolation out of most of my collection. The Cinno took some serious tip rolling to just fit, then it came down to finding the best-sounding tip, the Sonus just has strange grooves on the shells and not to mention, they’re surprisingly somewhat large IEMs between the overall shell and nozzle opening. I’m still tip-rolling with them, but I’ve landed on the Clarion tips for both the Hexa and the Sonus, with the Cinno rocking the KBear 07 tips in the smallest size. The Cinno isn’t large at all it’s the opposite problem. They’re tiny. Almost too small. The shells are incredibly compact, with the nozzle a shorter length. I have to jam them in quite deep to get a secure fit. Otherwise, they find their way out of my ears after a while. After finding the right tip, I haven’t had any issues luckily.

On to sound, and this one is weird because the Cinna, Hexa, and Sonus are like brothers in this regard. The tuning choices here are all different flavors of neutral.

Also, I know graphs don’t mean a damn thing half the time, but I like to use it as a reference. Sue me.

Allow me to summarize; These all sound pretty close to how they graph to my ears honestly. The Cinno has a more laid-back approach to the entire sound sig. They also come across as the warmest of the bunch. The laid-back pinna area most likely has a lot to do with this. The Hexa comes across as also very warm, but with more forward vocals, masking is present here, with that 3k peak coming across as somewhat harsh to me. Female vocals are smooth as silk on the Cinno, they have plenty of energy to come across as alive, whereas the Hexas can sound a little unrefined and the Sonus presents some serious masking in that area for me. The Sonus is the cleanest of the bunch, they have a sterile and maybe a little cold sound to them. Everything is almost surgical. The best thing about the Sonus to me is the way the Sub-bass comes across, due to the lack of lower mids and that sharper pinna gain, vocals seem separated from the bass frequencies. This is nice honestly, but after a while, they become fatiging. Not to mention, they can lack that mid-bass energy I can sometimes crave. Mid-bass hits aren’t as authoritative as I’d like. The bass line in Voyager is heard, but not felt all that much. Whereas in the Cinno, I can hear the bassline but also feel that beautiful French, nasty-ass bass line. I dig it. The Hexa does a good job with this too, they’re thicker in the presentation but that artificial snare hit on the 2 can be a little jarring at times. It all depends on the day.

Upper mids and treble go to the Cinno for me, hands down. Due to the tuning choice here, that relaxed Pinna is god damned buttery smooth, with little to NO masking. This is probably one of the first experiences I’ve had with a lack of masking for my HRTF. This means the Cinnos are more detailed than the other 2, regardless of what the graph might indicate. I can hear smaller, minute micro-details listening to the Cinno, and I love that. It’s what helped me decide that these are for me. The Sonus sounds more airy and thin, and the Hexas have a warmth + forwardness going on. The Cinnos are the most balanced without sounding boring to my ears.

I don’t think the Cinno is for everyone though. I’d say a lot of folks would like some more energy in the upper mids perhaps, and the treble extension isn’t anything to write home about either. It isn’t incredibly airy or vibrant like the EA500. The Sub-bass for me is lacking somewhat as well. I think for that part of the FR, the Sonus is the winner there. It doesn’t have the best tactility or forceful playback. If these had about 3-4 dB more in the sub-bass area, it’d be damn near perfect. One thing I’d also like to point out is that the Cinno does suffer from the slightest bit of BA timbre. After the rose-colored glasses were lifted about a week after owning them, I was listening to Fruiting Body by Goon, and I definitely noticed it. Most people won’t notice it I feel, so I don’t expect it to be a huge issue.

Conclusion; these have replaced 3 of my other sets. I think these are fantastic, they work for me. They don’t come across as too thick, or too laid back like some other lower pinna sets I’ve listened to in the past, but rather, perfectly balanced.

Edit-3.jpg
was planning to do something similar with my gear hahaha i love this! excellent post, excited to peep those test tracks i don't know.

Crazy pics man well done.

Jan 10, 2024 at 11:08 AM Post #92,785 of 106,792
the Oriolus Szalayi .....which i got last year and is totally tremendous in terms of stage,bass reproduction ,deep dive in the lowest frequencies and stage representation......it is indeed very very close to Szalayi's sound signature overall...........and the SZAs (Szalayi) are an ALL TIME CLASSIC to me....a true reference as far as SPEAKER alike "BIG TIME" fun sound goes..................
I love to see this, my bank account needed some comforting this AM after my purchase LOL, fun timing too.

Jan 10, 2024 at 11:18 AM Post #92,786 of 106,792
Man this IEM(NiceHCK F1 Pro) is really interesting. Clean, Crisp, Not harsh at all, and adequate bass(Strong Sub-bass by the way), and outstasnding fit as well.

F1 Pro.jpg
With the code ("F1PROGOOD") supplied by @Redcarmoose, the Cyan cable option really makes the bundle pricing more than competitive.

1704903324871.png

Unfortunately the Cyan's sheathing looks like it's made out of wool; with the way it frays.
1704903148320.png

Jan 10, 2024 at 11:51 AM Post #92,787 of 106,792
I love to see this, my bank account needed some comforting this AM after my purchase LOL, fun timing too.
.... 😝😝😝....
so.. in any case you misunderstood me mate.....
and in order of course to help your bank account as well there.... Here it comes..
oriveti-o400-1.jpg

Just kidding....
Oh wait here it comes the HEAVY STUFF...
IMG_20230128_180119.jpg

this is it guys..
The King of them all...
👑Oriolus Szalayi 👑
To anyone here knowing & appreciating BASS this is a much cheaper version of the FatFreq Grand Maestro.....
The Bass here moves in W A V E S.....
The depth of the scene is like diving in cave underneath sea level.....
Can't help it.... It just shocks me each and every time I listen to it....
Talking about absolutely TREMENDOUS BASS ABILITIES ...
Well.... compared tho that the oriveti OH700VB keeps up pretty amazingly well have to admit,..
Those oriveti guys just adding a simple switch managed to add not only 12dbs of pure basshead delight... but also an impactful dense qualitive bass that does not in every sense dominates the rest of the spectrum just sets the mood and provide your ears with real time goosebumps... This is a HUGE - laid back sound with tones of authorities bass and a velvety smooth and spacious midrange To my humble ears that alone worths something you know..
IMG_20240110_184654.jpg

IMG_20240110_184637.jpg

have promised myself to wait a couple of days for simply burn in purposes...
...... But believe me it's damn difficult to keep this promise since my first brief audition straight out of the box.... Soooooooo incredibly enganging experience...... 😉

Last edited:
Jan 10, 2024 at 12:27 PM Post #92,788 of 106,792

Summary
Test tracks

Sources

• Moondrop Dawn 4.4
  • Dunu DTC 500
  • FiiO BTR7 BT
Disclaimer

Edit-1.jpg

Edit-2.jpg

Edit-3.jpg
Wow what a great piece of work this is, looking forward to future ones.

Jan 10, 2024 at 12:33 PM Post #92,789 of 106,792
With the code ("F1PROGOOD") supplied by @Redcarmoose, the Cyan cable option really makes the bundle pricing more than competitive.

1704903324871.png

Unfortunately the Cyan's sheathing looks like it's made out of wool; with the way it frays.
1704903148320.png
that cable is having a bad hair day

.... 😝😝😝....
and in order of course to help your bank account as well there.... Here it comes..
oriveti-o400-1.jpg
Just kidding....
IMG_20230128_180119.jpg
this is it guys..
The King of them all...
👑Oriolus Szalayi 👑
To anyone here knowing & appreciating BASS this is a much cheaper version of FatFreq Grand Maestro.....
Well.... compared tho that the oriveti OH700VB keeps up pretty amazingly well have to admit,..
Those oriveti guys just adding a simple switch managed to add not only 12dbs of pure basshead delight... but also an impactful dense qualitive bass that does not in every sense dominates the rest of the spectrum just sets the mood and provide your ears with real time goosebumps... This is a HUGE - laid back sound with tones of authorities bass and a velvety smooth and spacious midrange To my humble ears that alone worths something you know..
IMG_20240110_184654.jpg
IMG_20240110_184637.jpg
...... But believe me it's damn difficult to keep this promise since my first brief audition straight out of the box.... Soooooooo incredibly enganging experience...... 😉
i am already waiting for the delivery man and its 2 days away.... ahhhh my basshead soul is happy

Jan 10, 2024 at 12:41 PM Post #92,790 of 106,792
.... 😝😝😝....
oriveti-o400-1.jpg
Just kidding....
IMG_20230128_180119.jpg
this is it guys..
The King of them all...
👑Oriolus Szalayi 👑
To anyone here knowing & appreciating BASS this is a much cheaper version of FatFreq Grand Maestro.....
IMG_20240110_184654.jpg
IMG_20240110_184637.jpg
Curious about treble and detail? This falls in the range of an upgrade for me at under $1000.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back