The discovery thread!
Dec 29, 2023 at 2:57 PM Post #91,906 of 101,004
Nice comparison my friend, recognize much of the music. Good taste Nik.
Thank you, some of these were definitely your influence, so no wonder! 😄

Dec 29, 2023 at 3:00 PM Post #91,907 of 101,004
My warmest greetings to everyone. Here are my few musical delights of 2023.

JAZZ:

Cecille Strange - Beyond

Darcy James Argue's Secret Society - Dynamic Maximum Tension

Enji - Ulaan

Fire! Orchestra - Echoes

Mirna Bogdanovic - Awake

Nana Rashid - Music for Betty

ANYTHING OTHER THAN JAZZ:

Califone - Villagers

HMLTD - The Worm

Kara Jackson - Why Does Earth Give Us the People to Love

Kassa Overall - Animals

Lankum - False Lankum

Susanne Sundfør - blómi

Crack Cloud - Tough Baby

Dec 29, 2023 at 3:08 PM Post #91,908 of 101,004
This $155 Set is probably the best purchase I have made in 2023

PULA PA02
1x 9.8mm DD
2x Knowles 29689 for mids
2d Knowles 31736 for highs

https://a.aliexpress.com/_m0xIhpa 1

If your interested the seller will provide a $25 USD coupon

Incredibly linear and balanced
Neutral with a nice bass punch and fantastic highs .

Working on full review.

Because the frequency response is very flat the overall experience is one where the mids are not your typical forward sounding in your face set. The PA02 sounds more monitor like and more faithful to the source.

One of the most coherent IEM’s I have ever heard.

I really love the Oriveti OH700VB $700 but this set for a fraction of the price with more Mid Bass and extension rocks my world.

Not going to be for everyone who likes in your face upper mids.
But I am certainly enjoying this one.

@ToneDeafMonk Pula has an interesting FR, reminds me a lot NEO5 with better treble extension…
Any similarities with iems I compared below?

IMG_0170.jpeg

IMG_0166.jpeg
IMG_0169.jpeg
IMG_0171.jpeg

Attachments

• IMG_0172.jpeg
    IMG_0172.jpeg
    209.7 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Dec 29, 2023 at 3:12 PM Post #91,909 of 101,004
My warmest greetings to everyone. Here are my few musical delights of 2023.

JAZZ:

Cecille Strange - Beyond

Darcy James Argue's Secret Society - Dynamic Maximum Tension

Enji - Ulaan

Fire! Orchestra - Echoes

Mirna Bogdanovic - Awake

Nana Rashid - Music for Betty

ANYTHING OTHER THAN JAZZ:

Califone - Villagers

HMLTD - The Worm

Kara Jackson - Why Does Earth Give Us the People to Love

Kassa Overall - Animals

Lankum - False Lankum

Susanne Sundfør - blómi

Crack Cloud - Tough Baby
That Kassa Overall album is nice!

Dec 29, 2023 at 4:07 PM Post #91,910 of 101,004
@ToneDeafMonk Pula it’s an interesting FR, reminds me a lot NEO5 with better treble extension…
Any similarities with iems I compared below?

IMG_0170.jpeg
IMG_0166.jpegIMG_0169.jpegIMG_0171.jpeg
Neo 5 sounds too bassy for some genres without the treble extension.

AFUL P8 was just not engaging enough with the strange BA timbre and rolled off treble again.

Mega5 EST was for me one of the worst stinkers of 2023 bass was Pillowy and the Highs were disconnected.

Flame is closer but with the upper mids boosted and that 5k peak makes it hard to listen to at louder volumes sometimes for me.

That's why I'm my review I will reiterate that the tuning of the PA02 is a masterpiece, peaks and dips in all the right places and nothing goes +or- 8/9db.
Really what a fun engaging monitor style tuning should be and nailed at a insane price point with glorious looking shells and accessories for $175 or less!

Dec 29, 2023 at 4:08 PM Post #91,911 of 101,004
Dita Project M landed today, only started listening so will share impressions soon.

Project M is a single DD and BA with an RRP of $325

Wow!! These look amazing! And their price isn't too crazy either.

Can't wait for your impressions! :ksc75smile:

Last edited:
Dec 29, 2023 at 4:08 PM Post #91,912 of 101,004
Neo 5 sounds too bassy for some genres without the treble extension.

AFUL P8 was just not engaging enough with the strange BA timbre and rolled off treble again.

Mega5 EST was for me one of the worst stinkers of 2023 bass was Pillowy and the Highs were disconnected.

Flame is closer but with the upper mids boosted and that 5k peak makes it hard to listen to at louder volumes sometimes for me.

That's why I'm my review I will reiterate that the tuning of the PA02 is a masterpiece, peaks and dips in all the right places and nothing goes +or- 8/9db.
Really what a fun engaging monitor style tuning should be and nailed at a insane price point with glorious looking shells and accessories for $175 or less!

Which genres would you say it’s good for?

Dec 29, 2023 at 4:14 PM Post #91,913 of 101,004
AüR Aurora vs AüR Aure vs AüR Neon Pro vs Sennheiser IE600 vs Night Oblivion Butastur

20231219_095926.jpg

Welcome to this looong, but hopefully somewhat informative review/comparison of the Top 5 sets currently in my collection. Be warned ⚠️ it's looong ⚠️. And yes, it is quite long.

Meet the 'competitors' (they are all friends actually, see, they even live together):

20231229_110818.jpg

On the pic above from left to right:

Night Oblivion Butastur, 10BA, equipped with Juzear Pure cable and Dunu S&S tips.
AüR Audio Neon Pro, 10BA, equipped with Juzear Limpid cable and Pentaconn Coreir tips.
AüR Audio Aure, 1DD + 6BA, euqipped with Hisenior WhiteWhale cable and Pentaconn Coreir tips.
AüR Audio Aurora, 2DD + 6BA, equipped with Kinera Leyding cable and Moondrop Spring tips.
Sennheiser IE600, 1DD, equipped with a no-name SPC cable and Spinfit W1 tips.

I have taken this quite seriously and I wanted to present the field as true as possible to how I hear them. As source I have been using the Fiio M15S on mid gain and no other sound settings turned on, playing Tidal files. Volume was set at roughly 80dB, with occasional outings into the high 80s region when songs made me float away. I did all of the comparisons through many, many days, and always in the mornings to keep my ears fresh and brain unbiased.

PLAN:
I will start us off with lots and lots of examples, 14 to be exact, with songs ranging over numerous genres, then we'll check out their shell designs and sort them based on some parameters I deemed important. Let's do this!

Song #1:
First minute of this song offers a quick sample to test piano, bass, trombone, and sax timbre as well as female vocals and the perception of stage.
Screenshot_20231229-164607~2.png

Aure offers as much musicality as one could want. Piano has a very satisfying note weight and roundness which makes it stand out from the rest of the mix, trombone and sax sound very natural. Where Aure excels is in vocals with just the right amount of forwardness and body. Haley's voice mends my soul. This set utilizes a DD in full range and 6 BAs that cover the details.

Neon Pro's width and depth are amazing. Despite being an all BA set there is no BA timbre to speak about and the cohesiveness is mesmerizing. The vocal seems placed a bit more forward than with Aure despite being a U-shaped tuned set. Separation of instruments and microdetails are top notch. DD is missed, though.

IE600 is a V-shaped tuned set which means that in this direct comparison the vocals seem a bit more distant and a bit more veiled. Bass and brass are much more prominent and extremely detailed. Soundstage is good and single DD cohesiveness is a thing.

Butastur's vocal placement is a bit more personal and it stays buried deep inside my head. Soundstage depth is not the best whereas width is above average. Timbre is okay for the most part except in bass where there is noticeable BA timbre and a slightly wooden nature of notes.

Aurora's soundstage is the most intimate of these five, but it offers enough space for individual instruments not to sound muddy or to step on each other's toes. It is an L-shaped set. Timbrally it is spot on, but you must expect a bit more of a lean towards warmth, so in this case brass take a step back whereas bass is more enveloping and upfront in the mix.

Song #2:
Male vocal and busy midrange with lots going on.
Screenshot_20231229-164632~2.png

Aurora does well to present all the details despite being the warmest sounding set of these five. Male vocals are full and soulful without sounding mushy. All the high midrange details are present, but the reduced lower treble might at first make them seem a bit less crisp.

Butastur makes his vocal sound a bit hollow and not quite as stable. Drum kicks lack weight and punch. Microdetails are very good in the treble region. Overall, Butastur's neutral bright signature does not suit this song.

IE600's bass is very smooth compared to others which is either a good or a bad thing. In this song it means it's missing a bit of rhythm and pace. His vocals are very well positioned and articulate but within the mix they lack presence while in certain instances even sounding slightly sibilant.

NP's U-shaped signature suits this song quite well because it carries both punch as well as detail. But I am missing a bit of silkiness in his vocals and that midrange aura this song carries. Overall a very capable set for such songs, just not as lush and engaging.

Aure's W-shaped signature means that his vocals are the most rounded while the rest of the spectrum is well handled, but it is lacking some resolving capabilities compared to others especially in the lower register.

Song #3:
Angelic male vocal slowly transforming into a sharp male vocal and the usual rock accompaniment. Allows to better understand different sets' capability of perceived emotion, layering, timbre, etc.
Screenshot_20231229-164642~2.png

Aure and his angelic vocals accompanied with the guitar and background humming right from the get-go and up till about half way through the song are a combination made in heaven. As the song progresses his vocals stay just as wonderful but the rhythm section loses a bit of composure and ultimate resolution. Aure gets slightly scared of quicker songs.

NP's resolving capabilities are second to none. Guitars sound vivid, drums are both punchy and quick, and even in the busiest sections it is easy to follow and separate individual aspects. This was especially noticeable with the bass guitar which stays in its lane and does the job.

IE600 renders the vocals in a slightly boring fashion which in turn means that you're caught in this never-ending circle of trying to turn up the volume to assist the vocals to sound more lively at which point the rest of the mix is overpowering. Resolution capabilities are incredible for a single DD, but it is not on the same level as the Neon Pro here.

Butastur's way of presenting guitars and hihats is intoxicating. They carry the necessary bite and are not shy. All the other areas are a step behind the Neon Pro especially bass quality. It fits this song decently well, but I would say it is on the limits of its comfort zone when it comes to unfolding layers in a timely and accurate fashion.

Aurora offers the weightiest and thickest presentation therefore expect a less tiresome listen while sacrificing the ultimate detail retrieval especially while directly compared to some of these other four sets. Bass quality is greatly satisfying due to its 2DD structure and can only be challenged by NP in such genres which offers quicker response and shorter decay.

Song #4:
A gorgeous female vocal and a touching guitar.
Screenshot_20231229-164717~2.png

Aurora's signature isn't meant for songs with a focus on female vocals so the whole song feels just a bit too safe and leisurely. From experience, vocal does get better the more you listen - a third of an album in and I was in heaven. It does not suck me in sufficiently in such rapid fire comparisons, though.

Butastur continues to impress with guitars where each and every single pull on the strings sounds lively and blissful. Her vocals are almost perfect alas they lack body and there's an ever so slight disconnect.

IE600 provides a well separated vocal and guitars, but falls short due to guitars lacking some bite and vocals becoming sibilant with 's' and 'sh' sounds.

NP allows a deep dive into microdetails both in vocals and guitars and walks right on the edge of sibilance but stays clear. In such recordings I'm lacking a bit of intimacy and charisma.

Aure brings to the table everything this song requires and lets you forget all the audiophile requirements and prioritizes enjoyment in music. A full-range DD playing together with BAs seems like the way to go for an emotional vocal reproduction.

Song #5:
Tool. Simply, Tool.
Screenshot_20231229-164728~2.png

Aure smoothens this song just a bit too much. Electric guitars and the drums lack bite and dynamism. Soundstage and separation are not top notch which is ever so important to keep up with the rhythm.

NP was made for such songs. It delivers a spacious, dynamic, well layered, and full presentation that never sounds stressed. It's got all the energy while taking care that the critical areas of the frequency response are not too prominent. A masterclass in tuning for sure.

IE600 sounds closer to NP than Aure. Ultimately, vocals sound a bit more distant and it's not as dynamic as NP. Timbre is spot on. Soundstage is a step behind NP.

Butastur's resolution and technicalities fall short of NP. It also loses in tonality, because it leans a bit too bright here without the midbass punch to support it. Overall, it sounds a bit more lean and edgy and sharp than the rest. Small drums that dance from right to left in the beginning envelop my head nicely and reach extremities about as wide as on NP.

Aurora is similar to Aure, but warmer sounding. All the transients and microdetails are tougher to dissect than on other three sets. Soundstage is much more intimate. It does have the upper hand over Aure in bass texture and precision. Overall, it wouldn't be my pick for this song.

Song #6:
Progressive rock. Requires energy but a carefully done presence area.
Screenshot_20231229-164743~2.png

Aurora would be hard to fault in isolation, however having the means to test all five directly allows for better understanding that Aurora is not the one to go for if rock or metal get you going. It is a bit too blunted and intimate sounding for such dynamic and open sounding recordings.

Butastur's soundstage and imaging is a step ahead of the Aurora, so in that aspect it provides a better overlay of the song. Also, cymbals and hihats are more lively. Lower registers are where Butastur lacks note weight. Still, a well executed leaner approach to this song.

IE600 sounds incredibly layered and provides a wide and deep soundstage despite having just a single DD. Separation and imaging are faultless. Do not expect a thick and lush midrange, because it's unapologetically V-shaped. Provided you have a good seal, the bass counterbalances treble very nicely. His particular vocals are not too badly affected by the slightly sucked out midrange. It might take the win, NP is close.

NP is well balanced, but the ones more sensitive to treble might find it too much. Mids are more elevated than on IE600 (I use NP with bass switch OFF). It's highly technical while maintaining musicality. Just about perfect for such genres. Throwing punches with the IE600.

Aure's graph might be the most to my liking, but it is obvious that it was tuned with musicality in mind, therefore it's not sufficiently technical for such tracks. It sounds incredibly coherent and his vocals are full. But it is technically the weakest set of the five.

Song #7:
Delicious piano, Amy Lee's well-renowned vocal with lyrics written directly from heart, and a touch of strings.
Screenshot_20231229-164751~2.png

Now we are deep into Aure's territory. Piano has this wonderful roundness to it, notes are weighty and soulful, but still highly controlled. String section is just as heartbreaking especially knowing the circumstances of this song's birth. Whenever vocals or mids in general are the main focus, Aure does it to perfection.

NP's crisp and revealing nature lacks just a bit of emotional heft of this particular song. Absolutely nothing to fault regarding timbral accuracy or other technical aspects. But for the moments when you want to delve deep into every single detail, NP is the winner.

IE600's piano lacks note weight compared to Aure. Her vocal seems a bit more veiled or foggy as if there is a curtain between her and the mic. IE600 leaves me a bit cold with this tune which is not the goal.

Butastur's piano sounds a bit distant and imprecise. Individual notes are not as pinpoint accurately placed as with all other sets. Her vocal also isn't as well placed. It sits a bit too far back and downwards instead of occupying an imaginary bubble of space in front and up high. Joined with IE600 it is the least enjoyable of the bunch for this song.

Aurora's piano sounds a bit more diffused as I'd like, but still well rounded. Her voice is warmer and thicker which does not necessarily make it less soothing. All aspects are a tad behind Aure.

Song #8:
Requires technical proficiency. A joyous track throughout with a crazy outro.
Screenshot_20231229-164808~2.png

Aurora's laid back signature ends up costing it a bit in such technical tunes. Very enjoyable nonetheless, since it remains timbrally correct and well separated despite darker nature.

Butastur does such songs very impressively and it not only separates the trees of the forest but allows a look into individual leaves too. It comes into its element. Bass is just present enough to provide a template for individual brush strokes while keeping distance in order not to muddy the waters. Slight BA timbre is noticeable.

IE600's bass texture is elite level. Very weighty, but very well controlled. Incredible coherency throughout the frequency response. His vocals are not too badly affected by the midrange dip. In essence, it's highly technical without sounding dull. It takes a W for this song.

NP's bass is not on the level of IE600 here, but it's even more prominent even with the bass switch OFF. This song just does not suit the character of the NP. His voice is too far forward and the bass gets slightly boomy and out of control.

Aure's W-shape suits this song tremendously well with all aspects being covered. Bass texture is just a step behind the IE600 and so is detail retrieval. These two aspects cost her the win, but I'd easily put her in second place.

Song #9:
Slow and moody jazz. Needs spaciousness, timbral accuracy and a playful vibe.
Screenshot_20231229-164816~2.png

Aure's stage width leaves a bit to be desired, but this song is not really optimal for testing soundstage anyway, since it is very flat and only extends horizontally, not vertically or into depth. Nonetheless, its fantastic mids allow for pure enjoyment. Every instrument is rendered naturally, except bass which feels a bit too shy and on its back foot. Treble isn't the most resolving, but it's never fatiguing or uncomfortable in any way. It straddles the fence of audiophiliac musicality fantastically.

NP does not do justice to such recordings, because it is ultimately on the brighter and leaner side while mids are not its focus. It is, therefore, despite timbral and technical accuracy, relegated to last place out of these five.

IE600 isn't much nicer than NP. It feels way too sterile in the midrange and carries no emotion. It does do stage width and separation a bit better than Aure, though.

Butastur is a fan of slower paced jazz so this song fits it well. Treble quality is behind the NP and IE600, but its quantity never surpasses the line of brightness and shrillness, so I find that presence and brilliance are well executed which allow for tasteful hihats and sax. It shares first place with Aure.

Aurora might seem a bit dull in direct comparison, but spend a moment longer and you'll be awarded by a rich bass and midrange and soft but sweet treble that isn't lacking detail.

Song #10:
Stage depth and separation. Timbre. Welcome to a jazz club.
Screenshot_20231229-164824~2.png

Aurora actually catches the essence quite wonderfully, but in a calming fashion. The two aspects of performers and spectators are well separated, but the reduced treble makes it feel like microphone placement was closer to the audience than performers. Enjoyment factor is high.

Butastur struggles a bit with depth perception, so both audience and performers feel as if they are all on stage. It's also a bit dull and dry especially when switching from weightier Aurora. Not as great as I would have imagined.

IE600 and it's unapologetic V-shape will never going to be a good match for mid-dominant recordings. In this case it is no different as it leaves the listener a bit underwhelmed.

NP's mids seem forward compared to IE600, but in a bit of a forced or fake fashion. It does separate individual performers and background noises the best of the bunch, but it doesn't carry enough vividness and fullness.

Aure serves as a better balanced Aurora, so nothing feels out of place or move forward than anything else. It puts you in the atmosphere of a jazz club, and depending on your treble preferences it is between the Aure and Aurora for first place.

Song #11:
Epicness and storytelling. Get those two right and you're golden.
Screenshot_20231229-164833~2.png

Aure delivers on grandiosity of sound with rumbling bass, full mids and sufficient treble. What it does not do the best is present the epicness of the atmosphere due to subpar soundstage. Bats would have no room to fly around and cause mayhem.

NP doesn't do it for me because of its brightish nature and insufficient rumble. It goes against my understanding of Gotham City and the story.

IE600 is once again left sounding a bit underwhelming due to backpedaling mids. Otherwise, I have no real complaints regarding the technicalities, bass or treble in this particular piece. It isn't a bad pair for OSTs.

Butastur was a pleasant surprise. It does not feel neutral-bright in this song as it brings a decent layer of warmth to support its widely opened soundstage. The lively high mids are tastefully done too. Due to BA nature of bass it is a bit penalized and so it shares first place with Aure where the latter provides a better musical experience, but Butastur allows a more immersive feel as if you're running through the dark alleys with nothing but moonlight guiding you.

Aurora suits this is sort of dark narrative very well with its bass being by far the most enjoyable, but the calmer treble and narrower soundstage make it place third overall.

Song #12:
A pleasant and somewhat creepy look into the unknown. Serious bass to form the template and good imaging.
Screenshot_20231229-164845~2.png

Aurora is that one pretty lady that you can't take your eyes off and she simply never fails to impress. It is as layered yet as mystical as this song tries to be. It requires a particular fullness of bass while other scattered elements invite you into the story. It is the sort of sound that will appeal to ones the focus on the complete package.

Butastur comes out as a dryer presentation as if the bones are lacking meat. In isolation, one would probably find it enjoyable due to ease of separating those finer minute aspects.

IE600 wows me with the width, clarity and imaging, but never seems to come together as a uniform experience. Its V-shape is, once more, holding it back.

NP has the ability to present this track in a unique fashion. No details will escape you and you'll know exactly where they are placed. Bass gets as close to a DD experience as it can and is easily better textured than that of the Butastur, but Butastur to my ears reaches lower. I would describe most BA bass like a tasteless watermelon. Sure it looks good on the exterior, colourful and correctly shaped, but it ultimately falls short due to watered down taste (so to say, lack of note weight and authority). NP would be my recommendation to the ones that first eat the salad, then the meat, and lastly the potatoes. Everything is so well torn apart, yet kept together as a whole.

Aure was the major surprise with its very well separated bass and an enjoyable character. Despite mainly focusing on the midrange, it truly proved to me that it can be versatile. It is an interesting mix of Aurora's bass and mids + NP's livelier treble. What makes it place third are worse technicalities compared to the other two.

Song #13:
Holy bass line. Shows whether the set functions well as a unit.
Screenshot_20231229-164853~2.png

Aurora was made for this bass line. It was made for this song. The texture of the bass is unparalleled by the others while all the surrounding details are present, but further back than on others. 35 seconds in there is a very low bass note that requires as much air movement as possible. Aurora does it with the most authority. Bass kicks are a little shy for my liking, but they remain composed and sufficiently speedy. It takes the number one spot.

Butastur's less than ideal BA bass is very noticeable. There is no real heft to it and the quality is the worst of the five, but it does reach low and covers all the notes. With its openness it provides another sort of experience, but this song needs capable bass.

IE600 sounds a bit disjointed to me. Bass quality and quantity are good except for the punchy parts where IE600 tends to sound a bit pillowy and too timid. Treble is very precise and delicate in its own right, yet a bit too forward. And the mids feel like a bit of an afterthought. This disconcerting separation of bass, mids, and treble is particularly annoying when switching between these five where others are much more cohesive in their approach. Weird thing to say about a single DD. Still, in isolation and after getting used to the V-shape, it is nothing short of an engineering marvel.

NP is a few steps in front of Butastur in both bass and treble quality. It also offers more of both. It punches better than the rest with extreme precision and certainty. The resolution and layeredness are its for the taking. Even then there is no escaping it being an all BA set and the lack of roundness and decay. It comes in second after Aurora.

Aure impressed me again with its composure and overall capability of bringing such tunes to life. There is no hesitation to reach the lowest notes while treble is well measured. Overall it is bested by its siblings, the NP and Aurora.

Song #14:
Aliens are upon us and they brought their tunes with them!
Screenshot_20231229-170842~2.png

Aure and one other set were the surprise. A positive one. Again, Aure's W-shape tuning seems agreeable to my ears with everything taken care of, but not overpowering the rest of the spectrum. What holds Aure back is the tighter soundstage compared to the rest while this song really needs an otherworldly presentation with out-of-head dimensions.

NP comes in with a lot of energy. And I mean A Lot of energy. This song is quite bright already, so NP was simply too much for my ears.

IE600 is the one I was expecting to do well since the mid dip does not really affect the experience and it's got both bass and treble covered. It also provides the largest stage (beside NP) with absolutely zero issue of localization. The only thing that was bothering me was treble splashiness.

Butastur is the second set that surprised me tremendously. Somehow it becomes alive and really gets me grooving. Bass and treble not really being able to compete with NP still holds true, but the overall frequency balance is the priority here. At 1:47 mark this song really gets going and I caught myself turning up the volume and it didn't get that aggressive or piercing at all. Technically it's behind the IE600 which never seems one bit stressed. Overall, I'd give Butastur a win here.

Aurora lacks the energy of the others to really be able to wow you immediately, but I can tell already that if I were to listen to the whole album it would be my pick since others would get tiring after maybe three songs. This really is Aurora's strength. Album after album without fatigue.

THIS BRINGS US THROUGH THE EXAMPLES, WOW YEAH, THOSE DEFINITELY SEEMED NEVER ENDING.

Let us quickly mention their very different designs and nozzles for those whose ears are a bit more picky. My ears tend to agree the most with the IE600 (duh, of course), and the least with Butastur due to its flat body without any indentation and an extremely short and weirdly angled nozzle. All AüR's fit me like CIEMs.

20231229_104201.jpg

20231229_104619.jpg

NP (far right on pic) has the noticeably thickest nozzle which requires a size smaller Coreir's, for my ears at least.

And after that intermezzo, let me try to organise them sound wise using at least somewhat understandable jargon:

20231229_103601~2.jpg

X-axis represents warmth/brightness. The farther right the set, the brighter it feels to my ears.
Y-axis represents musicality/technicality. The higher up the set, the more technically adept it is while losing a bit of musicality.
So e.g. Aurora is the warmest of the bunch with technicalities just slightly better than Aure while Aure is more musical.

20231229_103918~2.jpg
20231229_104054~2.jpg
20231229_104007~2.jpg

These top three lineups don't really need much additional explanation, do they? The distances among sets are intentional. Certain sets are closer in quality to each other than some others. The larger the gap the bigger the difference. Mids were the toughest for me to judge since all sets do them well so it ultimately boiled down to musicality. And keep in mind, even the 'worst' of the 5 easily outperforms 95% of sets out there.

20231229_103833~2.jpg

Here's an overview and a TL;DR for the ones that actually have other things going on in their lives 😅:

Aure surprised me as a well rounded set that didn't really do any song unjustice. A tasteful W-shape. Technically it gets bested by all others.

Aurora is the one that I think might appeal to plenty after they got used to its calmer signature. Almost L-shaped.

IE600 is held back by its very extreme V-shape. Certain mid-dominant songs lack charm.

Butastur excels with strings and calmer jazz. However, it surprised me positively in the crazier electronica too. Despite all similarities on graph with the NP, they could not sound further apart.

NP is an energetic craziness that fits the bill for hard rock, metal and certain technically advanced electronica that does not lean too bright. Not the set for jumping from genre to genre.

THANK YOU ALL FOR READING, EVEN IF JUST A SENTENCE OR TWO. IT MEANS A LOT. I WISH YOU ALL THE BEST IN 2024! ENJOY MUSIC, ENJOY LIFE.

I really like the way you arranged the IEMs to represent their respective points on your graph! Pretty creative. Impressive job all around.

Dec 29, 2023 at 4:24 PM Post #91,914 of 101,004
I really like the way you arranged the IEMs to represent their respective points on your graph! Pretty creative. Impressive job all around.
It's indeed a good idea and makes comparisons a lot more easy to follow. Kudos to nikbr for this great review.

Last edited:
Dec 29, 2023 at 4:33 PM Post #91,915 of 101,004
AüR Aurora vs AüR Aure vs AüR Neon Pro vs Sennheiser IE600 vs Night Oblivion Butastur

20231219_095926.jpg

Welcome to this looong, but hopefully somewhat informative review/comparison of the Top 5 sets currently in my collection. Be warned ⚠️ it's looong ⚠️. And yes, it is quite long.

Meet the 'competitors' (they are all friends actually, see, they even live together):

20231229_110818.jpg

On the pic above from left to right:

Night Oblivion Butastur, 10BA, equipped with Juzear Pure cable and Dunu S&S tips.
AüR Audio Neon Pro, 10BA, equipped with Juzear Limpid cable and Pentaconn Coreir tips.
AüR Audio Aure, 1DD + 6BA, euqipped with Hisenior WhiteWhale cable and Pentaconn Coreir tips.
AüR Audio Aurora, 2DD + 6BA, equipped with Kinera Leyding cable and Moondrop Spring tips.
Sennheiser IE600, 1DD, equipped with a no-name SPC cable and Spinfit W1 tips.

I have taken this quite seriously and I wanted to present the field as true as possible to how I hear them. As source I have been using the Fiio M15S on mid gain and no other sound settings turned on, playing Tidal files. Volume was set at roughly 80dB, with occasional outings into the high 80s region when songs made me float away. I did all of the comparisons through many, many days, and always in the mornings to keep my ears fresh and brain unbiased.

PLAN:
I will start us off with lots and lots of examples, 14 to be exact, with songs ranging over numerous genres, then we'll check out their shell designs and sort them based on some parameters I deemed important. Let's do this!

Song #1:
First minute of this song offers a quick sample to test piano, bass, trombone, and sax timbre as well as female vocals and the perception of stage.
Screenshot_20231229-164607~2.png

Aure offers as much musicality as one could want. Piano has a very satisfying note weight and roundness which makes it stand out from the rest of the mix, trombone and sax sound very natural. Where Aure excels is in vocals with just the right amount of forwardness and body. Haley's voice mends my soul. This set utilizes a DD in full range and 6 BAs that cover the details.

Neon Pro's width and depth are amazing. Despite being an all BA set there is no BA timbre to speak about and the cohesiveness is mesmerizing. The vocal seems placed a bit more forward than with Aure despite being a U-shaped tuned set. Separation of instruments and microdetails are top notch. DD is missed, though.

IE600 is a V-shaped tuned set which means that in this direct comparison the vocals seem a bit more distant and a bit more veiled. Bass and brass are much more prominent and extremely detailed. Soundstage is good and single DD cohesiveness is a thing.

Butastur's vocal placement is a bit more personal and it stays buried deep inside my head. Soundstage depth is not the best whereas width is above average. Timbre is okay for the most part except in bass where there is noticeable BA timbre and a slightly wooden nature of notes.

Aurora's soundstage is the most intimate of these five, but it offers enough space for individual instruments not to sound muddy or to step on each other's toes. It is an L-shaped set. Timbrally it is spot on, but you must expect a bit more of a lean towards warmth, so in this case brass take a step back whereas bass is more enveloping and upfront in the mix.

Song #2:
Male vocal and busy midrange with lots going on.
Screenshot_20231229-164632~2.png

Aurora does well to present all the details despite being the warmest sounding set of these five. Male vocals are full and soulful without sounding mushy. All the high midrange details are present, but the reduced lower treble might at first make them seem a bit less crisp.

Butastur makes his vocal sound a bit hollow and not quite as stable. Drum kicks lack weight and punch. Microdetails are very good in the treble region. Overall, Butastur's neutral bright signature does not suit this song.

IE600's bass is very smooth compared to others which is either a good or a bad thing. In this song it means it's missing a bit of rhythm and pace. His vocals are very well positioned and articulate but within the mix they lack presence while in certain instances even sounding slightly sibilant.

NP's U-shaped signature suits this song quite well because it carries both punch as well as detail. But I am missing a bit of silkiness in his vocals and that midrange aura this song carries. Overall a very capable set for such songs, just not as lush and engaging.

Aure's W-shaped signature means that his vocals are the most rounded while the rest of the spectrum is well handled, but it is lacking some resolving capabilities compared to others especially in the lower register.

Song #3:
Angelic male vocal slowly transforming into a sharp male vocal and the usual rock accompaniment. Allows to better understand different sets' capability of perceived emotion, layering, timbre, etc.
Screenshot_20231229-164642~2.png

Aure and his angelic vocals accompanied with the guitar and background humming right from the get-go and up till about half way through the song are a combination made in heaven. As the song progresses his vocals stay just as wonderful but the rhythm section loses a bit of composure and ultimate resolution. Aure gets slightly scared of quicker songs.

NP's resolving capabilities are second to none. Guitars sound vivid, drums are both punchy and quick, and even in the busiest sections it is easy to follow and separate individual aspects. This was especially noticeable with the bass guitar which stays in its lane and does the job.

IE600 renders the vocals in a slightly boring fashion which in turn means that you're caught in this never-ending circle of trying to turn up the volume to assist the vocals to sound more lively at which point the rest of the mix is overpowering. Resolution capabilities are incredible for a single DD, but it is not on the same level as the Neon Pro here.

Butastur's way of presenting guitars and hihats is intoxicating. They carry the necessary bite and are not shy. All the other areas are a step behind the Neon Pro especially bass quality. It fits this song decently well, but I would say it is on the limits of its comfort zone when it comes to unfolding layers in a timely and accurate fashion.

Aurora offers the weightiest and thickest presentation therefore expect a less tiresome listen while sacrificing the ultimate detail retrieval especially while directly compared to some of these other four sets. Bass quality is greatly satisfying due to its 2DD structure and can only be challenged by NP in such genres which offers quicker response and shorter decay.

Song #4:
A gorgeous female vocal and a touching guitar.
Screenshot_20231229-164717~2.png

Aurora's signature isn't meant for songs with a focus on female vocals so the whole song feels just a bit too safe and leisurely. From experience, vocal does get better the more you listen - a third of an album in and I was in heaven. It does not suck me in sufficiently in such rapid fire comparisons, though.

Butastur continues to impress with guitars where each and every single pull on the strings sounds lively and blissful. Her vocals are almost perfect alas they lack body and there's an ever so slight disconnect.

IE600 provides a well separated vocal and guitars, but falls short due to guitars lacking some bite and vocals becoming sibilant with 's' and 'sh' sounds.

NP allows a deep dive into microdetails both in vocals and guitars and walks right on the edge of sibilance but stays clear. In such recordings I'm lacking a bit of intimacy and charisma.

Aure brings to the table everything this song requires and lets you forget all the audiophile requirements and prioritizes enjoyment in music. A full-range DD playing together with BAs seems like the way to go for an emotional vocal reproduction.

Song #5:
Tool. Simply, Tool.
Screenshot_20231229-164728~2.png

Aure smoothens this song just a bit too much. Electric guitars and the drums lack bite and dynamism. Soundstage and separation are not top notch which is ever so important to keep up with the rhythm.

NP was made for such songs. It delivers a spacious, dynamic, well layered, and full presentation that never sounds stressed. It's got all the energy while taking care that the critical areas of the frequency response are not too prominent. A masterclass in tuning for sure.

IE600 sounds closer to NP than Aure. Ultimately, vocals sound a bit more distant and it's not as dynamic as NP. Timbre is spot on. Soundstage is a step behind NP.

Butastur's resolution and technicalities fall short of NP. It also loses in tonality, because it leans a bit too bright here without the midbass punch to support it. Overall, it sounds a bit more lean and edgy and sharp than the rest. Small drums that dance from right to left in the beginning envelop my head nicely and reach extremities about as wide as on NP.

Aurora is similar to Aure, but warmer sounding. All the transients and microdetails are tougher to dissect than on other three sets. Soundstage is much more intimate. It does have the upper hand over Aure in bass texture and precision. Overall, it wouldn't be my pick for this song.

Song #6:
Progressive rock. Requires energy but a carefully done presence area.
Screenshot_20231229-164743~2.png

Aurora would be hard to fault in isolation, however having the means to test all five directly allows for better understanding that Aurora is not the one to go for if rock or metal get you going. It is a bit too blunted and intimate sounding for such dynamic and open sounding recordings.

Butastur's soundstage and imaging is a step ahead of the Aurora, so in that aspect it provides a better overlay of the song. Also, cymbals and hihats are more lively. Lower registers are where Butastur lacks note weight. Still, a well executed leaner approach to this song.

IE600 sounds incredibly layered and provides a wide and deep soundstage despite having just a single DD. Separation and imaging are faultless. Do not expect a thick and lush midrange, because it's unapologetically V-shaped. Provided you have a good seal, the bass counterbalances treble very nicely. His particular vocals are not too badly affected by the slightly sucked out midrange. It might take the win, NP is close.

NP is well balanced, but the ones more sensitive to treble might find it too much. Mids are more elevated than on IE600 (I use NP with bass switch OFF). It's highly technical while maintaining musicality. Just about perfect for such genres. Throwing punches with the IE600.

Aure's graph might be the most to my liking, but it is obvious that it was tuned with musicality in mind, therefore it's not sufficiently technical for such tracks. It sounds incredibly coherent and his vocals are full. But it is technically the weakest set of the five.

Song #7:
Delicious piano, Amy Lee's well-renowned vocal with lyrics written directly from heart, and a touch of strings.
Screenshot_20231229-164751~2.png

Now we are deep into Aure's territory. Piano has this wonderful roundness to it, notes are weighty and soulful, but still highly controlled. String section is just as heartbreaking especially knowing the circumstances of this song's birth. Whenever vocals or mids in general are the main focus, Aure does it to perfection.

NP's crisp and revealing nature lacks just a bit of emotional heft of this particular song. Absolutely nothing to fault regarding timbral accuracy or other technical aspects. But for the moments when you want to delve deep into every single detail, NP is the winner.

IE600's piano lacks note weight compared to Aure. Her vocal seems a bit more veiled or foggy as if there is a curtain between her and the mic. IE600 leaves me a bit cold with this tune which is not the goal.

Butastur's piano sounds a bit distant and imprecise. Individual notes are not as pinpoint accurately placed as with all other sets. Her vocal also isn't as well placed. It sits a bit too far back and downwards instead of occupying an imaginary bubble of space in front and up high. Joined with IE600 it is the least enjoyable of the bunch for this song.

Aurora's piano sounds a bit more diffused as I'd like, but still well rounded. Her voice is warmer and thicker which does not necessarily make it less soothing. All aspects are a tad behind Aure.

Song #8:
Requires technical proficiency. A joyous track throughout with a crazy outro.
Screenshot_20231229-164808~2.png

Aurora's laid back signature ends up costing it a bit in such technical tunes. Very enjoyable nonetheless, since it remains timbrally correct and well separated despite darker nature.

Butastur does such songs very impressively and it not only separates the trees of the forest but allows a look into individual leaves too. It comes into its element. Bass is just present enough to provide a template for individual brush strokes while keeping distance in order not to muddy the waters. Slight BA timbre is noticeable.

IE600's bass texture is elite level. Very weighty, but very well controlled. Incredible coherency throughout the frequency response. His vocals are not too badly affected by the midrange dip. In essence, it's highly technical without sounding dull. It takes a W for this song.

NP's bass is not on the level of IE600 here, but it's even more prominent even with the bass switch OFF. This song just does not suit the character of the NP. His voice is too far forward and the bass gets slightly boomy and out of control.

Aure's W-shape suits this song tremendously well with all aspects being covered. Bass texture is just a step behind the IE600 and so is detail retrieval. These two aspects cost her the win, but I'd easily put her in second place.

Song #9:
Slow and moody jazz. Needs spaciousness, timbral accuracy and a playful vibe.
Screenshot_20231229-164816~2.png

Aure's stage width leaves a bit to be desired, but this song is not really optimal for testing soundstage anyway, since it is very flat and only extends horizontally, not vertically or into depth. Nonetheless, its fantastic mids allow for pure enjoyment. Every instrument is rendered naturally, except bass which feels a bit too shy and on its back foot. Treble isn't the most resolving, but it's never fatiguing or uncomfortable in any way. It straddles the fence of audiophiliac musicality fantastically.

NP does not do justice to such recordings, because it is ultimately on the brighter and leaner side while mids are not its focus. It is, therefore, despite timbral and technical accuracy, relegated to last place out of these five.

IE600 isn't much nicer than NP. It feels way too sterile in the midrange and carries no emotion. It does do stage width and separation a bit better than Aure, though.

Butastur is a fan of slower paced jazz so this song fits it well. Treble quality is behind the NP and IE600, but its quantity never surpasses the line of brightness and shrillness, so I find that presence and brilliance are well executed which allow for tasteful hihats and sax. It shares first place with Aure.

Aurora might seem a bit dull in direct comparison, but spend a moment longer and you'll be awarded by a rich bass and midrange and soft but sweet treble that isn't lacking detail.

Song #10:
Stage depth and separation. Timbre. Welcome to a jazz club.
Screenshot_20231229-164824~2.png

Aurora actually catches the essence quite wonderfully, but in a calming fashion. The two aspects of performers and spectators are well separated, but the reduced treble makes it feel like microphone placement was closer to the audience than performers. Enjoyment factor is high.

Butastur struggles a bit with depth perception, so both audience and performers feel as if they are all on stage. It's also a bit dull and dry especially when switching from weightier Aurora. Not as great as I would have imagined.

IE600 and it's unapologetic V-shape will never going to be a good match for mid-dominant recordings. In this case it is no different as it leaves the listener a bit underwhelmed.

NP's mids seem forward compared to IE600, but in a bit of a forced or fake fashion. It does separate individual performers and background noises the best of the bunch, but it doesn't carry enough vividness and fullness.

Aure serves as a better balanced Aurora, so nothing feels out of place or move forward than anything else. It puts you in the atmosphere of a jazz club, and depending on your treble preferences it is between the Aure and Aurora for first place.

Song #11:
Epicness and storytelling. Get those two right and you're golden.
Screenshot_20231229-164833~2.png

Aure delivers on grandiosity of sound with rumbling bass, full mids and sufficient treble. What it does not do the best is present the epicness of the atmosphere due to subpar soundstage. Bats would have no room to fly around and cause mayhem.

NP doesn't do it for me because of its brightish nature and insufficient rumble. It goes against my understanding of Gotham City and the story.

IE600 is once again left sounding a bit underwhelming due to backpedaling mids. Otherwise, I have no real complaints regarding the technicalities, bass or treble in this particular piece. It isn't a bad pair for OSTs.

Butastur was a pleasant surprise. It does not feel neutral-bright in this song as it brings a decent layer of warmth to support its widely opened soundstage. The lively high mids are tastefully done too. Due to BA nature of bass it is a bit penalized and so it shares first place with Aure where the latter provides a better musical experience, but Butastur allows a more immersive feel as if you're running through the dark alleys with nothing but moonlight guiding you.

Aurora suits this is sort of dark narrative very well with its bass being by far the most enjoyable, but the calmer treble and narrower soundstage make it place third overall.

Song #12:
A pleasant and somewhat creepy look into the unknown. Serious bass to form the template and good imaging.
Screenshot_20231229-164845~2.png

Aurora is that one pretty lady that you can't take your eyes off and she simply never fails to impress. It is as layered yet as mystical as this song tries to be. It requires a particular fullness of bass while other scattered elements invite you into the story. It is the sort of sound that will appeal to ones the focus on the complete package.

Butastur comes out as a dryer presentation as if the bones are lacking meat. In isolation, one would probably find it enjoyable due to ease of separating those finer minute aspects.

IE600 wows me with the width, clarity and imaging, but never seems to come together as a uniform experience. Its V-shape is, once more, holding it back.

NP has the ability to present this track in a unique fashion. No details will escape you and you'll know exactly where they are placed. Bass gets as close to a DD experience as it can and is easily better textured than that of the Butastur, but Butastur to my ears reaches lower. I would describe most BA bass like a tasteless watermelon. Sure it looks good on the exterior, colourful and correctly shaped, but it ultimately falls short due to watered down taste (so to say, lack of note weight and authority). NP would be my recommendation to the ones that first eat the salad, then the meat, and lastly the potatoes. Everything is so well torn apart, yet kept together as a whole.

Aure was the major surprise with its very well separated bass and an enjoyable character. Despite mainly focusing on the midrange, it truly proved to me that it can be versatile. It is an interesting mix of Aurora's bass and mids + NP's livelier treble. What makes it place third are worse technicalities compared to the other two.

Song #13:
Holy bass line. Shows whether the set functions well as a unit.
Screenshot_20231229-164853~2.png

Aurora was made for this bass line. It was made for this song. The texture of the bass is unparalleled by the others while all the surrounding details are present, but further back than on others. 35 seconds in there is a very low bass note that requires as much air movement as possible. Aurora does it with the most authority. Bass kicks are a little shy for my liking, but they remain composed and sufficiently speedy. It takes the number one spot.

Butastur's less than ideal BA bass is very noticeable. There is no real heft to it and the quality is the worst of the five, but it does reach low and covers all the notes. With its openness it provides another sort of experience, but this song needs capable bass.

IE600 sounds a bit disjointed to me. Bass quality and quantity are good except for the punchy parts where IE600 tends to sound a bit pillowy and too timid. Treble is very precise and delicate in its own right, yet a bit too forward. And the mids feel like a bit of an afterthought. This disconcerting separation of bass, mids, and treble is particularly annoying when switching between these five where others are much more cohesive in their approach. Weird thing to say about a single DD. Still, in isolation and after getting used to the V-shape, it is nothing short of an engineering marvel.

NP is a few steps in front of Butastur in both bass and treble quality. It also offers more of both. It punches better than the rest with extreme precision and certainty. The resolution and layeredness are its for the taking. Even then there is no escaping it being an all BA set and the lack of roundness and decay. It comes in second after Aurora.

Aure impressed me again with its composure and overall capability of bringing such tunes to life. There is no hesitation to reach the lowest notes while treble is well measured. Overall it is bested by its siblings, the NP and Aurora.

Song #14:
Aliens are upon us and they brought their tunes with them!
Screenshot_20231229-170842~2.png

Aure and one other set were the surprise. A positive one. Again, Aure's W-shape tuning seems agreeable to my ears with everything taken care of, but not overpowering the rest of the spectrum. What holds Aure back is the tighter soundstage compared to the rest while this song really needs an otherworldly presentation with out-of-head dimensions.

NP comes in with a lot of energy. And I mean A Lot of energy. This song is quite bright already, so NP was simply too much for my ears.

IE600 is the one I was expecting to do well since the mid dip does not really affect the experience and it's got both bass and treble covered. It also provides the largest stage (beside NP) with absolutely zero issue of localization. The only thing that was bothering me was treble splashiness.

Butastur is the second set that surprised me tremendously. Somehow it becomes alive and really gets me grooving. Bass and treble not really being able to compete with NP still holds true, but the overall frequency balance is the priority here. At 1:47 mark this song really gets going and I caught myself turning up the volume and it didn't get that aggressive or piercing at all. Technically it's behind the IE600 which never seems one bit stressed. Overall, I'd give Butastur a win here.

Aurora lacks the energy of the others to really be able to wow you immediately, but I can tell already that if I were to listen to the whole album it would be my pick since others would get tiring after maybe three songs. This really is Aurora's strength. Album after album without fatigue.

THIS BRINGS US THROUGH THE EXAMPLES, WOW YEAH, THOSE DEFINITELY SEEMED NEVER ENDING.

Let us quickly mention their very different designs and nozzles for those whose ears are a bit more picky. My ears tend to agree the most with the IE600 (duh, of course), and the least with Butastur due to its flat body without any indentation and an extremely short and weirdly angled nozzle. All AüR's fit me like CIEMs.

20231229_104201.jpg

20231229_104619.jpg

NP (far right on pic) has the noticeably thickest nozzle which requires a size smaller Coreir's, for my ears at least.

And after that intermezzo, let me try to organise them sound wise using at least somewhat understandable jargon:

20231229_103601~2.jpg

X-axis represents warmth/brightness. The farther right the set, the brighter it feels to my ears.
Y-axis represents musicality/technicality. The higher up the set, the more technically adept it is while losing a bit of musicality.
So e.g. Aurora is the warmest of the bunch with technicalities just slightly better than Aure while Aure is more musical.

20231229_103918~2.jpg
20231229_104054~2.jpg
20231229_104007~2.jpg

These top three lineups don't really need much additional explanation, do they? The distances among sets are intentional. Certain sets are closer in quality to each other than some others. The larger the gap the bigger the difference. Mids were the toughest for me to judge since all sets do them well so it ultimately boiled down to musicality. And keep in mind, even the 'worst' of the 5 easily outperforms 95% of sets out there.

20231229_103833~2.jpg

Here's an overview and a TL;DR for the ones that actually have other things going on in their lives 😅:

Aure surprised me as a well rounded set that didn't really do any song unjustice. A tasteful W-shape. Technically it gets bested by all others.

Aurora is the one that I think might appeal to plenty after they got used to its calmer signature. Almost L-shaped.

IE600 is held back by its very extreme V-shape. Certain mid-dominant songs lack charm.

Butastur excels with strings and calmer jazz. However, it surprised me positively in the crazier electronica too. Despite all similarities on graph with the NP, they could not sound further apart.

NP is an energetic craziness that fits the bill for hard rock, metal and certain technically advanced electronica that does not lean too bright. Not the set for jumping from genre to genre.

THANK YOU ALL FOR READING, EVEN IF JUST A SENTENCE OR TWO. IT MEANS A LOT. I WISH YOU ALL THE BEST IN 2024! ENJOY MUSIC, ENJOY LIFE.
Solid, solid work!! Exellent "illustrations" of sound! 👍🏻

Dec 29, 2023 at 4:40 PM Post #91,916 of 101,004
It's indeed a good idea and makes comparisons a lot more easy to follow. Kudos to nikbr for this great review.
Solid, solid work!! Exellent "illustrations" of sound! 👍🏻
Stop it, guys, you're making me blush! Thank you, that simple yet effective idea just came to me out of the blue 😄

Dec 29, 2023 at 4:43 PM Post #91,917 of 101,004
Which genres would you say it’s good for?
Because it's follows the source and it's not overly boosted it should play everything but genre like Rap , regge if you want a big boost basshead level you won't find it here. You get the bass but it's not basshead level, that pretty much sums up all music If you prefer a more colored sound then other IEM's that are boosted or muted in certain areas are better.

So far for me I have listed to Classical , Jazz, Modern Rock, Classic Rock, Regge, Pop, 90's all great a few Hip Hop , Rap Eminem ect and the PA02 never whimpered or has me wishing for more because I wasn't expecting massive bass drops or glaring highs.

I am trying hard not to hype this too much and probably failing but really wanted to bring awareness to this IEM and hopefully more people pick one up and share thier experience.

The timeless IEM's are the ones that gets bought by the average hobiest and word spread from word of mouth. Nobody has hyped this brand yet and the AliExpress stores are not interested in Shillers.

That's probably why you get quality drivers and overall value from a brand that's not yet picked up by Linsoul or PENON at this price.

Last edited:
Dec 29, 2023 at 4:54 PM Post #91,919 of 101,004
I wonder how you'd like the Aurora with some equalization. Do you use Moondrop Spring tips on them in this review? I'm using Dunu S&S on Aurora.
I did quite a bit of tip rolling before this test and also tried the S&S. I'll try those again. Slight EQ play isn't out of the question at some point either, any suggestions?

Dec 29, 2023 at 5:00 PM Post #91,920 of 101,004
I did quite a bit of tip rolling before this test and also tried the S&S. I'll try those again. Slight EQ play isn't out of the question at some point either, any suggestions?
I'm only using this one, tried some modifications but returned to his suggestion. Bass will hit harder and it's still on the warmer side.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back