The discovery thread!
Dec 4, 2023 at 12:42 PM Post #90,527 of 106,693
Excellent write up. Doesn’t seem like something unique enough to add to my collection, but it is quite nice looking and that packaging is great. More vendors should be taking notes. Keeping Hisenior in mind in the future.

Thanks for this great write up, made it a contender for the next sub $250 set. The Sub250Club is getting crowded, though!
Thank you guys, I appreciate that. I haven't done one in a while so it was fun to do so.

Yeah, like I said they're not market-breaking in the current landscape but I think for the money they're being offered, they're different enough to stand out imo. I'll leave the comparisons to the reviewers who can A/B against the other sets in the price range but for my ears, I am very happy.

Dec 4, 2023 at 12:57 PM Post #90,528 of 106,693
Keep this one on your radar the Oriveti OH700VB with its relaxed Pina gain and tuning switch I find stunning to look at but has a intoxicating sound that I don't want to listen to anything else.
OH700BV2 - Copy.jpg

Absolutely beautiful both in looks and sound.

Dec 4, 2023 at 2:00 PM Post #90,530 of 106,693
Dec 4, 2023 at 2:33 PM Post #90,531 of 106,693
Finished my review on Hisenior T4, the 4BA IEM costing 200$.
Musical and relaxed tuning, overall warm tilt with lush midrange.
Been my daily driver for over a month now, I want to spread the love and shipped it for some friends to try now. Will be missed meanwhile.
Feel free to read if its of any interest, cheers.

https://www.head-fi.org/showcase/hisenior-t4-2023.26675/review/32353/

DSCF3778.jpg

Last edited:
Dec 4, 2023 at 2:41 PM Post #90,532 of 106,693

So the new Ziigaat Cinno is an attempt in Spanish to indicate that it has 5 drivers? In Spanish it would be "Cinco".
Peerhaaps thiis iis to coompeensaatee for the exceess of coonseecuutiivee vooweels in the braand naame by placcing consecuttive consonnants in the moddel namme.

ZiiGaat Cinno.jpg

Dec 4, 2023 at 2:51 PM Post #90,533 of 106,693
Dec 4, 2023 at 2:58 PM Post #90,534 of 106,693
How does this compare to the Simgot EA1000 and Chopin?
Actually compared against EA1000 since they sit at same price. Read in review :beerchug:

Dec 4, 2023 at 4:27 PM Post #90,536 of 106,693
I'm trying the PR3.
They seem to me to be much more emphasized in the high and mid tones and much brighter than the PR2
(the first batch, the one with the mesh).
I would say they are vocal centric.

I don't want to write nonsense
(because I don't understand much of it),
but they seem to provide a good sensation of soundstage, at least in width.

From the point of view of required power,
they are a little lighter than the PR2
(look at the difference in volume to get more or less the same sensation of perceived volume).

It would be interesting to have the opinion of some of the
great reviewers we have here.

IMG_7016.jpeg
IMG_7017.jpeg
IMG_7018.jpeg
IMG_7019.jpeg
IMG_7020.jpeg
IMG_7013.jpeg
IMG_7014.jpeg

Dec 4, 2023 at 4:36 PM Post #90,537 of 106,693
I saw you speak about the Big Panda earlier. Does it offer anything the Let. 12 or Timeless doesn't?
Well, it is specialized as far as vocals go, never heard the Timeless, and is unique as far as being different than the S12 Pro. Way smaller and lighter, less bass.

Dec 4, 2023 at 5:14 PM Post #90,538 of 106,693
I can confirm the Hexas are great for Jazz if we’re talking my preferences, they are absolutely crystal clear and very clean sounding bordering on sterile but that’s what I enjoy about them so much. Fantastic layering and definition for their price range. They do have a touch of warmth to help with adding body to the standup bass and sax, but not a ton. They also fit me fan-freaking-tastically And provide probably the best sound isolation out of all the sets I own.
Well if that isn't a ringing endorsement from a jazz fan then I don't what is. I was even thinking the truthear zero: red. But for $20 more I could get the hexas. Especially since I've read more comparisons of the set to the Blessing2.

Thanks for the info.

If the S12 Pro is out of your budget, you should look at the ARTII T10. There is a 20% off coupon on Amazon right now for it which brings it to $55 USD before taxes (assuming you live in the US). They sound very very similar, I'm super impressed with it. The bass should be a lot more satisfying compared to the PR3, which I like for the $29 I paid for it but it definitely needs a boost.
Never heard of them but I'll look into them though. That price point is nice. Thanks for the rec. And I'm glad it's not just me that thinks the bass needs boosted on the pr3. I'm waiting for an eq preset to pop up on wavelet for it them. It doesn't seem like too many people have them yet though.

Dec 4, 2023 at 5:34 PM Post #90,539 of 106,693
Well if that isn't a ringing endorsement from a jazz fan then I don't what is. I was even thinking the truthear zero: red. But for $20 more I could get the hexas. Especially since I've read more comparisons of the set to the Blessing2.

Thanks for the info.
Happy to help, brother. I prefer maybe a touch more warmth when it comes to Jazz recordings but the Hexa is probably next to perfect for it.

Dec 4, 2023 at 5:47 PM Post #90,540 of 106,693
Never heard of them but I'll look into them though. That price point is nice. Thanks for the rec. And I'm glad it's not just me that thinks the bass needs boosted on the pr3. I'm waiting for an eq preset to pop up on wavelet for it them. It doesn't seem like too many people have them yet tho
I order a pair, after try the R1 from ARTTI.

It was made by shouer, so quality driver for sure at ridiculous price

Users who are viewing this thread

Back