The discovery thread!
Nov 3, 2023 at 11:46 PM Post #88,006 of 106,504
Well not sure about his individual ear anatomy affecting the sound, but the general consensus is that this eartip (and most other wide bore ones) boost treble.

There's a huge repository of eartips which most audiophiles consider to be the reference for eartips (https://www.audioreviews.org/guide-to-iem-silicone-eartips/), and that also agrees that these Divinus Velvet tips boost treble.

1.png
Agreed. I wouldn't say that I'm treble-sensitive, but the Divinus Velvets don't tame treble for me like how FC-construct described in that video. On a spicy-treble IEM, there's a noticeable difference for me when comparing a narrower-bore eartip with the Divinus Velvet.

Acoustune AET08 on the left. Divinus Velvet on the right.

1699069191431.png

Nov 4, 2023 at 1:09 AM Post #88,008 of 106,504
I'm not sure what Velvets do, but I love Velvets. I used them on everything.
Velvets are the Frank's Red Hot of tips- "I put that $*&! on everything!"

Nov 4, 2023 at 1:51 AM Post #88,010 of 106,504
Any IEM that sounds like T3 Plus but little bit less warm and better build quality like alloy or metal in the same price range or little bit higher?
I only have Olina SE and I'm bored with it, using it for a year or so. Thinking about Simgot EA500 but reviews say Olina SE is better. 11.11 sale is close and want something different. Thanks

Nov 4, 2023 at 3:59 AM Post #88,011 of 106,504
Moondrop Aria 2 graph via IEC711 coupler (8 kHz is a coupler peak):
Moondrop Aria 2.jpg

WAIFU WARS: versus Moondrop Aria 2021 and Snow Edition:
Moondrop Aria Siblings.jpg

Tonally, the Aria 2 is a bit brighter than the Aria 2021.

Nov 4, 2023 at 6:06 AM Post #88,012 of 106,504
Moondrop Aria 2 graph via IEC711 coupler (8 kHz is a coupler peak):
Moondrop Aria 2.jpg

WAIFU WARS: versus Moondrop Aria 2021 and Snow Edition:
Moondrop Aria Siblings.jpg

Tonally, the Aria 2 is a bit brighter than the Aria 2021.
I thought the black line was the newest Aria and got excited for a minute.

Nov 4, 2023 at 6:39 AM Post #88,013 of 106,504
Simgot's probably getting the IEM brand of the year award.

Moondrop has been missing a lot lately. either tuning fiascos or crap build quality.
Well, there has been so much SIMGOT world class progress. Today I did the comparison part of my EA1000 review where the second half was comparing the EA1000 to four other IEMs of the SIMGOT family......the EM6L, the EW200 and the EA500 and EW100P. Yet.....what was interesting was doing back to back with the EW200 and EA1000 and back-to-backs with the EM6L IEMs.

Note how some of the similar FRs arrive with the EW200 and EA1000.....more on that to follow below........................

Of special note would be the EW200 2kHz to 3.5kHz Pinna Gain overlayed with the EA1000 (red rubber ring nozzles)...Pinna Gain.......they are the same!

graph-9.png

target.png

Where the EA1000 is closest IMO to the EW200. Now even though bass is a few dB less on the EA1000, the treble too is different.

SIMGOT EW200: $39:99
10mm Dynamic Driver:

For many the EW200 was a success over the EA500. SIMGOT shifted gears from a EA500 2016 Harman Target to the 2019 EW200 Harman Target. For many the EW200 showcased just what 2023 was about as far as IEM value. And I have to agree, that singlehandedly the EW200 showed the world how much IEM was obtainable for under $40.00. For those wanting the extra low-end SIMGOT went ahead and added the goods, making many happy in the end. And that’s not to say the EW200 is any kind of Basshead IEM, because it’s not, it is well balanced, yet with more satisfying bass (for some) than the EA500. But that is also combined with a slight dip at 3.5kHz which helped to smooth things out even farther. And guess where else that Pinna Gain dip is? In fact the graph at 2.0 kHz all the way to 3.5kHz is very similar in nature between the AE1000 and EW200. And if anyone knows that area of the Pinna Gain is very much a place where our hearing is most sensitive, meaning combine that Pinna Gain with a low-end that similar and we have two IEMs that sound very close to the same. Though where the two IEMs start to differ is the AE1000 has about 4Hz less bass, That, and they are complete opposites at 14kHz. Where the EW200 peaks at 12kHz then again at 16kHz. Though again due to close proximity in the Pinna Gain area and similar in bass, they both offer FR signatures that are very close. The differences come with the quality of EA1000 bass technicalities that really goes to separate the two to my ears, that and the imaging in the midrange, which is noticeably better with the EA1000. Still if you were to listen to them back-to-back, they are birds of a feather.

Also the AE1000 filter system:
It’s best that I briefly go over what SIMGOT is attempting to do with this new filter system. Graphic representation of what each filter does is represented on the box.

1) The new Golden SIMGOT target (brass filter system)
2) The way they came with the red rubber rings. 2019 Harman Target, they say? Note Graph, still my favorite anyway.
3) The black ring filter, SIMGOT Classic target.

I listened first to try and get a handle as to what they are up-to with the filter system. You can’t help but note the black foam on the underside of both the black and red ring filters, with the Golden brass nozzle having only a white sticker with a small hole in the center? The Golden curve is slightly more clean, less thick, just as placing a thin piece of paper as the filter would look to be, oppose to using paper and a piece of black foam.

Last edited:
Nov 4, 2023 at 11:28 AM Post #88,014 of 106,504
📣📣📣 So I've just received my first DAP in the form of Fiio M15S! 😁

First impressions are highly positive. I tried it with AüR Audio Aurora, Night Oblivion Butastur, and Venture Electronics SIE. Very different IEMs.

20231103_173035.jpg

It made the Aurora punchier than ever on High gain. This was where I found the Aurora lacking. Not anymore!

20231104_162249~2.jpg

Mid gain for the Butastur. Smoother treble and slight improvement in bass note weight.

20231104_154610.jpg

SIE received High gain treatment. I often find SIE too thick sounding. Not here, it ticks lots of boxes.

Nov 4, 2023 at 12:37 PM Post #88,017 of 106,504
Well, there has been so much SIMGOT world class progress. Today I did the comparison part of my EA1000 review where the second half was comparing the EA1000 to four other IEMs of the SIMGOT family......the EM6L, the EW200 and the EA500 and EW100P. Yet.....what was interesting was doing back to back with the EW200 and EA1000 and back-to-backs with the EM6L IEMs.

Note how some of the similar FRs arrive with the EW200 and EA1000.....more on that to follow below........................

Of special note would be the EW200 2kHz to 3.5kHz Pinna Gain overlayed with the EA1000 (red rubber ring nozzles)...Pinna Gain.......they are the same!

graph-9.png

target.png
Where the EA1000 is closest IMO to the EW200. Now even though bass is a few dB less on the EA1000, the treble too is different.

SIMGOT EW200: $39:99
10mm Dynamic Driver:

For many the EW200 was a success over the EA500. SIMGOT shifted gears from a EA500 2016 Harman Target to the 2019 EW200 Harman Target. For many the EW200 showcased just what 2023 was about as far as IEM value. And I have to agree, that singlehandedly the EW200 showed the world how much IEM was obtainable for under $40.00. For those wanting the extra low-end SIMGOT went ahead and added the goods, making many happy in the end. And that’s not to say the EW200 is any kind of Basshead IEM, because it’s not, it is well balanced, yet with more satisfying bass (for some) than the EA500. But that is also combined with a slight dip at 3.5kHz which helped to smooth things out even farther. And guess where else that Pinna Gain dip is? In fact the graph at 2.0 kHz all the way to 3.5kHz is very similar in nature between the AE1000 and EW200. And if anyone knows that area of the Pinna Gain is very much a place where our hearing is most sensitive, meaning combine that Pinna Gain with a low-end that similar and we have two IEMs that sound very close to the same. Though where the two IEMs start to differ is the AE1000 has about 4Hz less bass, That, and they are complete opposites at 14kHz. Where the EW200 peaks at 12kHz then again at 16kHz. Though again due to close proximity in the Pinna Gain area and similar in bass, they both offer FR signatures that are very close. The differences come with the quality of EA1000 bass technicalities that really goes to separate the two to my ears, that and the imaging in the midrange, which is noticeably better with the EA1000. Still if you were to listen to them back-to-back, they are birds of a feather.

Also the AE1000 filter system:
It’s best that I briefly go over what SIMGOT is attempting to do with this new filter system. Graphic representation of what each filter does is represented on the box.

1) The new Golden SIMGOT target (brass filter system)
2) The way they came with the red rubber rings. 2019 Harman Target, they say? Note Graph, still my favorite anyway.
3) The black ring filter, SIMGOT Classic target.

I listened first to try and get a handle as to what they are up-to with the filter system. You can’t help but note the black foam on the underside of both the black and red ring filters, with the Golden brass nozzle having only a white sticker with a small hole in the center? The Golden curve is slightly more clean, less thick, just as placing a thin piece of paper as the filter would look to be, oppose to using paper and a piece of black foam.

The EA2000 also intrigue me, but I have no idea if they're worth the extra expense.

What do you think ?

Nov 4, 2023 at 12:52 PM Post #88,018 of 106,504
The EA2000 also intrigue me, but I have no idea if they're worth the extra expense.

What do you think ?
There may be one or two on this thread who own them, but that was a model that was put out last year I think, never heard it?

Nov 4, 2023 at 1:23 PM Post #88,019 of 106,504
How is your impressions so far?

I have tested magic one with dx300 today. It “scales” well. The soundstage and resolution are *chef kiss. The tonality is fresh and clean, with proper thickness. The bass is a bit sad though, especially coming from supernova and canon2.

still, to me, this one is shaping up to receive a seal of approval

This is usually where single BA shines - stage and distinct imaging. Absolutely not surprised you find the bass 'sad'. No matter what you do with a single BA, soundtubes etc., it can only move a small amount of air and decay can never replicate a DD.

I like the look of the graph all things considered. Looks well balanced.

Last edited:
Nov 4, 2023 at 1:24 PM Post #88,020 of 106,504
Planning on getting an used Elysian Gaea from another head.fier, currently waiting for a shipping rate quote.

Anyone know where I can buy replacement cables that won't break the bank?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back