The discovery thread!
Nov 3, 2023 at 7:29 PM Post #87,991 of 106,525
The included SIMGOT EA1000 cable is really nice.
DSC_0154.jpegws.jpeg

Nov 3, 2023 at 8:11 PM Post #87,992 of 106,525
Nov 3, 2023 at 8:13 PM Post #87,993 of 106,525
Just a few words, I'm going to write a smaller review on EA1000 when I have more time in the next few weeks.

I agree with what many other people have said about the Simgot EA1000, in my opinion, is the best release so far from Simgot.
Had it with me for 1 week at work now, also compared to EA500. To make it more correct, I changed back to normal filters that are not modded on EA500.

Bass is more natural and is felt much more in EA1000 than EA500, EA500 already had very good bass performance but lacked in amount. So yes you can say that EA1000 has taken EA500 and improved it, making it more natural and fun. If its due to the passive radiator or just what type of driver I am curious about.

Mids is outstanding, before EA1000 I have not been totally impressed by the midrange of Simgot. Models before sounded too sterile and cold, this on both instruments and vocals lacked soul. I hate to use this work, but the midrange is more organic and natural now with EA1000.
Treble more detailed and clear, having also more air. Not so much that it sounds fake, just a natural airy sound.

For me the EA500 in stock form had a sort of metallic and cold tonality, there is not any of this with EA1000. Much of this was solved by modding with filter and foam.
But even when modded, the EA500 can't touch the EA1000.

So yes, if it's any sale this 11.11 on EA1000 I would go for it.

Simgot's probably getting the IEM brand of the year award.

Moondrop has been missing a lot lately. either tuning fiascos or crap build quality.

Nov 3, 2023 at 8:29 PM Post #87,994 of 106,525
Nov 3, 2023 at 9:43 PM Post #87,996 of 106,525
For you squig lovers out there! 1699057740139.png
How is your impressions so far?

I have tested magic one with dx300 today. It “scales” well. The soundstage and resolution are *chef kiss. The tonality is fresh and clean, with proper thickness. The bass is a bit sad though, especially coming from supernova and canon2.

still, to me, this one is shaping up to receive a seal of approval

Nov 3, 2023 at 9:56 PM Post #87,997 of 106,525
So, I got some Final E tips in and it turns out I need the LL size. Feeling a bit foolish, as all my fit/seal issues are virtually gone and for some reason never really considered that lol.

so who has good ear tips in an XL or LL? Looking for a wide bore to go with the Final E bass cannons.

Neo 5 cleared customs finally! soon

Nov 3, 2023 at 10:11 PM Post #87,998 of 106,525
Nov 3, 2023 at 10:14 PM Post #87,999 of 106,525

I have tested magic one with dx300 today. It “scales” well. The soundstage and resolution are *chef kiss. The tonality is fresh and clean, with proper thickness. The bass is a bit sad though, especially coming from supernova and canon2.

I have the Legato for bass so I think I need the MagicOne for something bass light.

Nov 3, 2023 at 10:19 PM Post #88,000 of 106,525
So, I got some Final E tips in and it turns out I need the LL size. Feeling a bit foolish, as all my fit/seal issues are virtually gone and for some reason never really considered that lol.

so who has good ear tips in an XL or LL? Looking for a wide bore to go with the Final E bass cannons.

Neo 5 cleared customs finally! soon
SednaEarfit Crystal
SednaEarfit light
SednaEarfit max
Divinis velvet
DUNU SS, XL
All fit and seal my huge canals

Nov 3, 2023 at 10:19 PM Post #88,001 of 106,525

The Divinus Velvet tips from Korea are a wide bore tip that boost treble and stage.

4cca6716-c29a-4f8b-acf7-cf05c1c1ece0.jpeg

They cost about $19 USD for 3 pairs, and come in 5 sizes from S, MS, M, ML, and L. Not sure about your ear sizing, but for my average sized ears I use an M size for this tip and it fits snuggly. Is there a local shop where you can go test out sizes?

It is Lint/dust free, with a matte smooth feel. The inner bore is narrower than the outer bore, though I would still classify it as a wide-bore tip, as it functions that way in terms of sonics.

Velvet_2.JPG

Sound-wise, the Divinus Velvet imparts a neutral bright lilt, and increases air, treble and soundstage. This is a good option for folks who want to increase treble and clarity in the soundscape. It is a good pairing for darker/warmer transducers, but might fail with bright or sibilant IEMs. They are pretty comfortable with above average isolation.

Nov 3, 2023 at 10:25 PM Post #88,002 of 106,525
okay cool I am going to start with the Divinus and Dunu s&s ones next. I have seen those names a lot and was just blissfully unaware there were larger sizes lol.

No shops near me unfortunately, gotta rely on good return policies but I am somewhat of a gear hoarder and always have an excuse to hold onto stuff!

I really appreciate the answers.
SednaEarfit Crystal
SednaEarfit light
SednaEarfit max
Divinis velvet
DUNU SS, XL
All fit and seal my huge canals

The Divinus Velvet tips from Korea are a wide bore tip that boost treble and stage.

They cost about $19 USD for 3 pairs, and come in 5 sizes from S, MS, M, ML, and L. Not sure about your ear sizing, but for my average sized ears I use an M size for this tip and it fits snuggly. Is there a local shop where you can go test out sizes?

It is Lint/dust free, with a matte smooth feel. The inner bore is narrower than the outer bore, though I would still classify it as a wide-bore tip, as it functions that way in terms of sonics.

Velvet_2.JPG

Sound-wise, the Divinus Velvet imparts a neutral bright lilt, and increases air, treble and soundstage. This is a good option for folks who want to increase treble and clarity in the soundscape. It is a good pairing for darker/warmer transducers, but might fail with bright or sibilant IEMs. They are pretty comfortable with above average isolation.

Nov 3, 2023 at 10:28 PM Post #88,003 of 106,525

Velvet_2.JPG

But FC-construct said these tips tame treble like no tomorrow:

Nov 3, 2023 at 10:55 PM Post #88,004 of 106,525

Good. I am posting a quick unboxing. But so far really nice. It has hit all of my concerns of a good enough graph, and good bass. I'm liking it so far!

Aful MagicOne Unboxing and Quick Impressions.

Nov 3, 2023 at 10:56 PM Post #88,005 of 106,525
But FC-construct said these tips tame treble like no tomorrow:

Well not sure about his individual ear anatomy affecting the sound, but the general consensus is that this eartip (and most other wide bore ones) boost treble.

There's a huge repository of eartips which most audiophiles consider to be the reference for eartips (https://www.audioreviews.org/guide-to-iem-silicone-eartips/), and that also agrees that these Divinus Velvet tips boost treble.

1.png

Users who are viewing this thread

Back