The discovery thread!
Sep 28, 2023 at 12:33 PM Post #86,806 of 103,114
The Trettitre t-cp8 is exceptional sound wise.....but it has a lot of nuisances. The buttons are hard to distinguish, so the positions would have to be memorised. It definitely has quite a genuinely 'Audiophile' type sound. Shame it doesn't have a remote control. I used to have a small portable CD player collection and this sounds way better than all the Sony's, Technics etc that I had. The Shanling is too expensive for me and I don't trust the automatic draw mechanism for the long term. The Moondrop with it's Cirrus DAC chip sounds good to me. At the moment sound wise I am very impressed with the Trettitre t-cp8, but some of it attributes may end up driving me a little mad, although ten hours play time per charge is pretty good
I have the Trettitre. Haven't started using it regularly at the moment, but I get the buttons.

Sep 28, 2023 at 12:35 PM Post #86,807 of 103,114
The Trettitre t-cp8 is exceptional sound wise.....but it has a lot of nuisances. The buttons are hard to distinguish, so the positions would have to be memorised. It definitely has quite a genuinely 'Audiophile' type sound. Shame it doesn't have a remote control. I used to have a small portable CD player collection and this sounds way better than all the Sony's, Technics etc that I had. The Shanling is too expensive for me and I don't trust the automatic draw mechanism for the long term. The Moondrop with it's Cirrus DAC chip sounds good to me. At the moment sound wise I am very impressed with the Trettitre t-cp8, but some of it attributes may end up driving me a little mad, although ten hours play time per charge is pretty good
Does the Trettitre have a SPDIF out?

Sep 28, 2023 at 12:53 PM Post #86,808 of 103,114
I recently bought this one, the KLIM Nomad. It comes with a decent DD IEM and plays HDCDs as well. Excellent sound quality.
https://www.amazon.co.uk/KLIM-Nomad-Long-lasting-Earphones-Compatible-Black/dp/B09BJTDTPB

Sep 28, 2023 at 1:03 PM Post #86,810 of 103,114
I recently bought this one, the KLIM Nomad. It comes with a decent DD IEM and plays HDCDs as well. Excellent sound quality.
https://www.amazon.co.uk/KLIM-Nomad-Long-lasting-Earphones-Compatible-Black/dp/B09BJTDTPB
I saw that the KLIM was highly recommended. Because I've got the Moondrop on order and am using this Trettitre t-cp8 I won't find out, but I'm happy there are some good sounding transportable CD players coming out..........my own large collection have just been gathering dust.

Sep 28, 2023 at 1:59 PM Post #86,811 of 103,114
Anybody got a large CD collection and has some nostalgia towards the silver discs and have too many to rip? For years digital files and streaming have relegated CDs to the past. So times are changing. Nostalgia has given vinyl a lease of life, and now CDs are beginning to re-emerge.
I use to collect 90s electronic music (Mostly trance.) on CD before I moved to IEMs, have around 1,100 CDs in my bedroom.

Don't see any real use for a luxury CD player, I'd get a DAP and stick my FLAC collection on a micro SD card.

Sep 28, 2023 at 2:12 PM Post #86,812 of 103,114
These things are so adorable. Easy new rec at 30€. I put on Spiral Dot tips and I don't think I'll need to play with DSP functionality at all.

20230928_200745~2.jpg

Sep 28, 2023 at 2:27 PM Post #86,813 of 103,114
I use to collect 90s electronic music (Mostly trance.) on CD before I moved to IEMs, have around 1,100 CDs in my bedroom.

Don't see any real use for a luxury CD player, I'd get a DAP and stick my FLAC collection on a micro SD card.
Being an oldun, I don't have the energy to rip all my CDs to Flac. Age related problems! But if you are well and have the energy then it's good to put them on to a micro card. Nowadays I use Amazon HD and sometimes Tidal. I scraped thousands of MP3's of the web, back in the day, and even they sound good through the HiBy R6 III. But I have a lot of CD's and the Moondrop for $199 is worth it to me.

Sep 28, 2023 at 2:56 PM Post #86,814 of 103,114
Being an oldun, I don't have the energy to rip all my CDs to Flac. Age related problems! But if you are well and have the energy then it's good to put them on to a micro card. Nowadays I use Amazon HD and sometimes Tidal. I scraped thousands of MP3's of the web, back in the day, and even they sound good through the HiBy R6 III. But I have a lot of CD's and the Moondrop for $199 is worth it to me.
Not exactly a young one myself I spent 6weeks ripping my 3500 cds to flac a real pain in the backside but I'm pleased I did.

Sep 28, 2023 at 3:57 PM Post #86,815 of 103,114
Not exactly a young one myself I spent 6weeks ripping my 3500 cds to flac a real pain in the backside but I'm pleased I did.
I spent a few years ripping my CDs to ALAC, and also downloading and embedding artwork and extended metadata with MusicBrainz Picard:

https://picard.musicbrainz.org/

which I also extended with some additional plugins:

https://picard.musicbrainz.org/plugins/

But it's nice to pull out a CD from time to time and give it a spin! Nothing quite like flipping through physical liner notes.

Sep 28, 2023 at 3:59 PM Post #86,816 of 103,114
I love my vinyl, but digital media is so dang convenient!

Sep 28, 2023 at 4:13 PM Post #86,817 of 103,114
Sep 28, 2023 at 5:48 PM Post #86,820 of 103,114
Anybody got a large CD collection and has some nostalgia towards the silver discs and have too many to rip? For years digital files and streaming have relegated CDs to the past. So times are changing. Nostalgia has given vinyl a lease of life, and now CDs are beginning to re-emerge. Moondrop are in a few days going to have the MOONDROP DISCDREAM Portable CD Player selling for $199. I've ordered one but also just received the black/copper Trettitre t-cp8 with Bluetooth. I've been using the ISN H40 with the cp8, and it sounds genuinely good and goes very loud and clear.. Anyway here's the Moondrop Specs and a couple of reviews of the Trettitre.

https://moondroplab.com/en/products/discdream

Also there are some semi-portables arriving on the scene such as the

Trettitre t-cp8 with Bluetooth and 3.5mm £55.00 on Amazon.

Zeos Review

The Audiophile Man Review

1695914569969.png

This is a photo of my copper/black one and there is also a smart looking silver/white one

I actually do have quite a few CDs that aren't on streaming services so yea, I've been interested in the new ones coming out.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back