The discovery thread!
Jul 30, 2023 at 3:03 PM Post #84,091 of 101,316
Jul 30, 2023 at 3:22 PM Post #84,092 of 101,316
Really intrigued by the Nightjar Singularity but need to see more reviews before I'm willing to drop $1,300 on a pair.

Not much upper treble in the FR but HBB gave it an 8/10.

I'm guessing the bespoke DD has some special sauce because the treble is probably getting lost with that big bass boost.

Jul 30, 2023 at 3:51 PM Post #84,093 of 101,316
Hello everybody!

My humble opinion on the LetShuoer DZ4. :L3000:

https://www.head-fi.org/showcase/letshuoer-dz4.26594/reviews#review-31376

LetShuoer DZ4 26_r.jpg

Jul 30, 2023 at 4:11 PM Post #84,094 of 101,316
Jul 30, 2023 at 4:31 PM Post #84,095 of 101,316
hey, do you know of a model in the $100-$200 band that has the same tuning as the waner sg? the dumb iems were so good I was amazed at how the mid frequencies were so good. If I do not count the bl 03, it may be my favorite budget segment iems in recent years. tight bass, clear mids and unobtrusive highs. The only problem was that it was a little whistling at high volumes. it was just adjusted to my taste, I didn't want to take it out of my ear.

there is one sr 5 in the cargo, its setting is far from waner. I love mid-frequency centered iems. I have detailed models, but I can listen for a maximum of 1 hour, then I get bored. I remember very well, I didn't want to take the waner sg out of my ears because it was so fun and well tuned.

Jul 30, 2023 at 4:42 PM Post #84,096 of 101,316
Hello Friends,

I just dropped my review on the latest DUNU Falcon Ultra. I love what DUNU has done with the Falcon Ultra, with their new driver tech, the pair definitely sounds wonderful. Although the shells are still finger print and scratch magnets :frowning2:

Check out my complete review here:-
https://www.head-fi.org/showcase/dunu-falcon-ultra.26587/reviews#review-31378

Some eye-candy like always(I am personally not satisfied with the images this time, I think I could have done better):-
8.jpg

7.jpg

11.jpg

Jul 30, 2023 at 5:15 PM Post #84,097 of 101,316
hey, do you know of a model in the $100-$200 band that has the same tuning as the waner sg? the dumb iems were so good I was amazed at how the mid frequencies were so good. If I do not count the bl 03, it may be my favorite budget segment iems in recent years. tight bass, clear mids and unobtrusive highs. The only problem was that it was a little whistling at high volumes. it was just adjusted to my taste, I didn't want to take it out of my ear.

there is one sr 5 in the cargo, its setting is far from waner. I love mid-frequency centered iems. I have detailed models, but I can listen for a maximum of 1 hour, then I get bored. I remember very well, I didn't want to take the waner sg out of my ears because it was so fun and well tuned.
You can try a Aful Performer 5. good on vocals with a sub bass boost.

Jul 30, 2023 at 5:28 PM Post #84,098 of 101,316
You can try a Aful Performer 5. good on vocals with a sub bass boost.
p5 is said to have a strange sound stage. do you think so? basses don't need to be too big, fast basses are enough for me. bass is good though.

Jul 30, 2023 at 6:08 PM Post #84,099 of 101,316
p5 is said to have a strange sound stage. do you think so?

It’s generic IEM soundstage in terms of size, though positioning is better than average thanks to the treble extension. Fairly good deal as a whole. I have no use for it, but still take it out for rotation once in a while.

Jul 30, 2023 at 6:29 PM Post #84,100 of 101,316
p5 is said to have a strange sound stage. do you think so? basses don't need to be too big, fast basses are enough for me. bass is good though.
The sound stage is layered and a little narrow, but good front to back extension...

Jul 30, 2023 at 6:29 PM Post #84,101 of 101,316

I might suggest the Letshuoer Galileo.

Last edited:
Jul 30, 2023 at 6:35 PM Post #84,102 of 101,316
It’s generic iems soundstage in terms of size, though positioning is better than average thanks to the treble extension. Fairly good deal as a whole. I have no use for it, but still take it out for rotation once in a while.
i don't know, I've read some weirdness about the soundstage in a few places. I've heard that p5 has a muffled soundstage. by the way, because of european taxes, p5 is in the 250 € band, it's hard for me to clear anything over 150 euros. I'm pushing up to 180 - 185 euros, but 250 is impossible.

so i can listen to different options as well.

Jul 30, 2023 at 6:38 PM Post #84,103 of 101,316
i might suggest the Letshouer Galileo.
added to the list, thanks
The sound stage is layered and a little narrow, but good front to back extension...
yes, i read that the stage is narrow. It was in the €250 band, about $270. it's hard to get it through customs

Jul 30, 2023 at 6:57 PM Post #84,104 of 101,316
added to the list, thanks

yes, i read that the stage is narrow. It was in the €250 band, about $270. it's hard to get it through customs
I'm selling mine for $150

Jul 30, 2023 at 8:27 PM Post #84,105 of 101,316

Tanchjim Oxygen (used)
Moondrop Kato
Dunu Falcon Ultra

All of them have similar tuning with Tangzu Wan er with similar tuning (harman with bass boost) and have better technicalities than Wan Er.
All also single DD IEMs if that what you're looking for

If you want more mid forwarded, the recent Moondrop Starfield 2 have more forwarded high mids. I haven't try that myself but seems like shouty one, do your homework watching reviews first.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back