The discovery thread!
May 31, 2023 at 1:54 PM Post #80,026 of 106,577
Received this morning Blessing 3, I know I said I wanted to buy the P5 or P8, but in the end was convinced by a friend to get the Blessing 3 instead because of my music taste.
So far I liked it but I am not sure yet if I like more than my A5000 or not. I tried the auto EQ on squiqlink to EQ the B3 to Aful P5 and P8. In terms of Tonality I like the blessing 3 default tonality more, technical qualities aside. Another EQ / tonality I enjoyed was that of the Bravery AE applied to Blessing 3. But here also not sure whether or not I liked it more than default.

I know many of you are not fans of EQ, but still, it is nice to test out different tonalities, if you don't have audio shops near you. And ordering online and returning is difficult since in Germany earphones, IEMS, and earbuds count as hygiene produkt so you won't be able to return it. Only place that allows it is amazon. But with amazon delivery is about 2 months ...

May 31, 2023 at 2:24 PM Post #80,027 of 106,577
I don't plan to order iems for a long time, except for test products. Which product would you recommend for 100 - 200 dollars? Technically, the detail is very important to me, it should definitely not be v-voice. Note weight is also important. It shouldn't be as boring as the only balanced driver, it should be fun. I have a lot of treble sensitivity, no matter the source, I have many dacs on hand. Anyway, I'm looking for a fun and detailed iems. I am also open to other options. It would be better if I didn't get past the $150 band though. I also have solid cables.

audiosense dt 300
audiosense aq 4
tri starsea
kz pr1 pro
quartet
tri kai

Last edited:
May 31, 2023 at 2:27 PM Post #80,028 of 106,577
I don't plan to order iems for a long time, except for test products. Which product would you recommend for 100 - 200 dollars? Technically, the detail is very important to me, it should definitely not be v-voice. Note weight is also important. It shouldn't be as boring as the only balanced driver, it should be fun. I have a lot of treble sensitivity, no matter the source, I have many dacs on hand. Anyway, I'm looking for a fun and detailed iems. I am also open to other options. It would be better if I didn't get past the $150 band though. I also have solid cables.

audiosense dt 300
audiosense aq 4
tri starsea
kz pr1 pro
quartet
tri kai
I like the Hexa, performer 5, but the Kiwi ears Quartet is my pic from what you have listed. Do you have fit issues with large iems?

May 31, 2023 at 2:28 PM Post #80,029 of 106,577
I like the Hexa, performer 5, but the Kiwi ears Quartet is my pic from what you have listed. Do you have fit issues with large iems?
So far I've only had problems with epz, I'm okay with headphones a little bigger than average. It's just not bright enough, I prefer dark sounds.

May 31, 2023 at 2:29 PM Post #80,030 of 106,577

audiosense dt 300
audiosense aq 4
tri starsea
kz pr1 pro
quartet
tri kai
On that range, I keep these ones on my collection:

TRI Meteor
OH10
Legato
Hana 2021
FH5 (yeah, I love them with EDM)
Olina OG
WHIZZER HE03D
Believe
Soloist

Good luck 🤞

PD. Starsea is nice, maybe too much analogue sound

May 31, 2023 at 2:34 PM Post #80,031 of 106,577
On that range, I keep these ones on my collection:

TRI Meteor
OH10
Legato
Hana 2021
FH5 (yeah, I love them with EDM)
Olina OG
WHIZZER HE03D
Believe
Soloist

Good luck 🤞

PD. Starsea is nice, maybe too much analogue sound
Do you think meteor is a good headphone? oh10s are a bit old, i have enough kylin. haha Yeah, I really forgot about hana, I'm really curious. I think very good things for fh 5, but as far as i know fh5 is in 350$ band, can you give some information about especially hana and meteor?

May 31, 2023 at 2:40 PM Post #80,032 of 106,577
Do you think meteor is a good headphone? oh10s are a bit old, i have enough kylin. haha Yeah, I really forgot about hana, I'm really curious. I think very good things for fh 5, but as far as i know fh5 is in 350$ band, can you give some information about especially hana and meteor?
You are gonna find FH5 OG for less than 100€ on the used-market. It has little stage, but if you like bass and relaxed highs...

IMG-20230526-WA0000-01.jpeg

They are right now ln my ears.

OH10 still being pne of the best bass on the market, maybe a little bit piercing on the highs. V-shaped of hell.

METEOR. Old-School tuning of kbear, darkest iem ever, warm sound, supreme fit. Not the best for detail

HANA 2021. Harmanish, supreme driver, no distortion, nice timbre.

LEGATO. Is another good option, incredible bass impact, impressive stage for a 2DD

Last edited:
May 31, 2023 at 2:51 PM Post #80,033 of 106,577
You are gonna find FH5 OG for less than 100€ on the used-market. It has little stage, but if you like bass and relaxed highs...

IMG-20230526-WA0000-01.jpeg

They are right now ln my ears.

OH10 still being pne of the best bass on the market, maybe a little bit piercing on the highs. V-shaped of hell.

METEOR. Old-School tuning of kbear, darkest iem ever, warm sound, supreme fit. Not the best for detail

HANA 2021. Harmanish, supreme driver, no distortion, nice timbre.

LEGATO. Is another good option, incredible bass impact, impressive stage for a 2DD
Thanks, I'm not very good with second-hand products. Meteor sounds pretty good, I wish it was a little more detailed. According to what you said, I have similar iems to meteor, the only problem is that I look for some details. I have a lot of headphones, but they're usually only good for a few genres of music. I have many headphones such as single dynamic driver, dual dynamic driver, single balanced driver, hybrid driver, but I only had a metal kylin that could do one job, and I had to sell it because of the weird treble. The kylin he 10 um, who came today, is also dark, very successful in most things except the details. I guess I need to get past the 200 band. Fun, dark, warm, non-bright, detailed. 500 bucks sounds to my ears.

May 31, 2023 at 2:59 PM Post #80,034 of 106,577
Thanks, I'm not very good with second-hand products. Meteor sounds pretty good, I wish it was a little more detailed. According to what you said, I have similar iems to meteor, the only problem is that I look for some details. I have a lot of headphones, but they're usually only good for a few genres of music. I have many headphones such as single dynamic driver, dual dynamic driver, single balanced driver, hybrid driver, but I only had a metal kylin that could do one job, and I had to sell it because of the weird treble. The kylin he 10 um, who came today, is also dark, very successful in most things except the details. I guess I need to get past the 200 band. Fun, dark, warm, non-bright, detailed. 500 bucks sounds to my ears.
Dark, non-bright and detailed.

Let me know when you find the unicorn 🦄

May 31, 2023 at 3:13 PM Post #80,035 of 106,577
Amps output is what matter, not chipset. There are amps, right?... because 30mW is ...
Power is gives as Vrms >>> 2Vrms for the 3.5mm and 4Vrms for the 4.4mm jack.

Quoted from the Penon Specs on their website..

"SNR: 130dB@4.4mm/ 4Vrms,125B@3.5mm/ 2Vrms

THD+N: -103dB@4.4mm /4Vrms,100B@3.5mm/ 2Vrms

Crosstalk suppression: -135dB@4. 4mm/ 4Vrms, -85B@3.5mm/ 2Vrms"

This is similar to almost every new balanced/single Dongle Type DAC.

May 31, 2023 at 3:23 PM Post #80,036 of 106,577
Most likely a brand known by some or many of you, but Haldane got me by surprise with their Tianshanxue cable. For less than USD 80.- (shipped), you get a real aftermarket cable as you would expect from any serious company (« serious » not being equal to « renowned« , just to be precise about the term).

Zero microphonics, high quality connectors and firm connections in the 2pins. Flexible, soft to the touch and nicely formed earhooks. Even the slider has enough resistance to be useable. Looks, feels and sounds like an USD 500.- Plussound cable (I have 3 of them).

Soundwise and ootb, it’s a neutral cable that will somewhat tame darkness/lift veil and open the higher frequencies to the listener. Nothing artificial or offensive, just the needed air and extension for some sets in the vein of the Final A3000, for example. Low-end texture and quantity remain untouched. Mids are enhanced via a slight clearer tonality, with the right amount of forwardness.

I imagine this cable would do wonder with IEMs like EST50, Serial or E5000. I have to make
more tests.

In any case, an absolute steal at the price and very fast shipping.

IMG_4808.jpeg

1685560542923.png

Last edited:
May 31, 2023 at 3:32 PM Post #80,037 of 106,577
I've never heard anything like it for less than $100! I had kept my expectations low as it was a product of a small Chinese manufacturer. The price was $50 with tax, the product didn't even have a box. I also have detailed earphones, but this is both fun and detailed, I liken it to my kylin he03. Almost 3 times cheaper and as successful as the he03. It can easily beat the $80 kylin he01, in general, it's already ranked 2nd out of 20 earphones in my hand. I thought it's probably a v-shaped headphone and plays without detail, this thing is both balanced, detailed and fun. ivipq 100, I use it with a solid cable. This thing is very good, although the burning process is just getting started. This iems can compete head-to-head with the $150 kylin.

I seem to recall that this ivipQ single Dd is almost identical to Tripowin Censibel, which it predated. Akros covered it some time ago (well before Cadenza release). Seems to be same OEM.:L3000:

May 31, 2023 at 3:52 PM Post #80,039 of 106,577
He said no v-shaped sigs, and the Quartet is a heavy bass v shaped sig.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back