The discovery thread!
May 11, 2023 at 2:14 PM Post #78,601 of 102,685
Aure was a bargain, I know from experience that the Monarch MKII never impressed me this much. And would much rather own the Aure than many other more expensive sets, almost wish I had one extra to keep at work for my breaks or paperwork 😄

Over halfway in my review on it, and I want to try and finish it before the Aurora is released at end of the month.
The Aure's are making me go through my library and re-listen closely. Insane quality really?

May 11, 2023 at 2:18 PM Post #78,602 of 102,685
Also the Z300 is slightly warm in tonality, so if you are listening to them through a warmer source, then yes, they will come off as being a bit lacking in resolution or have blunted top end extension with elevated bass and mid bass. Playing it through a Hiby DAP will certainly present warmer than say the Cowon J or the Fiio DAP?

May 11, 2023 at 3:14 PM Post #78,603 of 102,685
To note, HBB love polite treble. So bright iem or treble centric iem won't be appealing to him.
Need to wait for other reviewer, Timmy(Gizaudio) love his treble, it would be interesting to see what he says about it.

Tough per HBB measurement, it does have more energy in 4k~8k than Stellaris

1683823065120.png
HBB PR2 are pretty bright to my ears 🤷🏻

May 11, 2023 at 3:38 PM Post #78,605 of 102,685
May 11, 2023 at 3:53 PM Post #78,606 of 102,685
So….

It’s actually in production and available on Amazon JP🤣

IMG_7920.jpeg
IMG_7919.jpeg

$30USD+ intl shipping.
https://amzn.asia/d/egRDQIn

Hmmmmmmmmm!!

Per my twitter pal who got it, it can change the sound signature by adjusting the reflection panel….👀

I may give it a try..!

Nvm…they are not shipping internationally 🫠🥲

Again, eccentric audio gadgets only available for Japanese people…😭

Last edited:
May 11, 2023 at 4:00 PM Post #78,607 of 102,685
HBB PR2 are pretty bright to my ears 🤷🏻
That's because there is alot of energy up there and Panar Bass is not weighted the same as DD so it seems even more.

Attachments

• KZ PR2.png
    KZ PR2.png
    279.2 KB · Views: 0
May 11, 2023 at 9:11 PM Post #78,609 of 102,685
Graphically, they measure quite closely to the PR2's(on Ian's Squig), wonder how they stack against each other

Gonna be quite tough to compare single DDs like the DUNU KIMA siblings against a planar in the PR2 on graphs. The bass can appear similar in quantity, but generally planar IEM bass might some issue with sub-bass extension and weight, due to the very fast drivers and lightning quick transients (note this does not apply to planar headphones which tend to be bigger).

I haven't tried the KIMA classic (new version), but the original KIMA was quite underwhelming in technicalities. It was a bit too safe, Harmanish tuned.

To note, HBB love polite treble. So bright iem or treble centric iem won't be appealing to him.
Need to wait for other reviewer, Timmy(Gizaudio) love his treble, it would be interesting to see what he says about it.

Tough per HBB measurement, it does have more energy in 4k~8k than Stellaris

1683823065120.png

Damn. The Stellaris is already brighter than the stars, no exaggeration.

Now this Raptgo Bridge is even more boosted in the lower treble (and more bass lite) than the Stellaris? Graphs don't tell the full story, but they do give a good gauge of tonality and this one might be a banshee shoutfest.

May 11, 2023 at 9:35 PM Post #78,610 of 102,685
Z300 + NiceHCK BlackSoul + Spiral Dot tips + Sony A306 = high quality sound output. The top end extension coupled with that hard hitting but punchy bass is "punching above it's weight". Great synergy is great synergy. Confession...had to peel my ears away from the Aure's, but I did it, and the Z300 deliver in their own way.

May 11, 2023 at 10:58 PM Post #78,611 of 102,685
Now this Raptgo Bridge is even more boosted in the lower treble (and more bass lite) than the Stellaris? Graphs don't tell the full story, but they do give a good gauge of tonality and this one might be a banshee shoutfest.

Graphs don't tell the full story, but in this case the graph told most of the story already.
But hey, we all have been through the shouty journey 3-5 years back right? This kind of tuning is considered quite good if compared to shouty v shaped budget IEMs years back :smile:

May 11, 2023 at 11:21 PM Post #78,614 of 102,685
Graphs don't tell the full story, but in this case the graph told most of the story already.
But hey, we all have been through the shouty journey 3-5 years back right? This kind of tuning is considered quite good if compared to shouty v shaped budget IEMs years back :smile:
For some reason i interested to see how this Bridge compared to the recent budget offering

HBB measurement, Raptgo Bridge ($159) vs KZ ZVX ($20) over IEF neutral target (didn't have linglong)
again, graph is not the whole story but it shows the current maturity or at least trend of current budget iem tuning.
Understandably due to price and drive setup differences, technicality, timbre and all could be wildy different in level.

graph(7).png

Last edited:
May 12, 2023 at 12:00 AM Post #78,615 of 102,685
Like those early KZ or the KZ hybrids. Yikes! Oh..or the SFR's!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back