The discovery thread!
Apr 29, 2023 at 10:46 AM Post #77,746 of 106,699
Have you used any IEM for hours before? It took me months to get used to the IEM after listening mainly to the HD555.

I have no experience in this price range but it might be worth trying something cheaper first if you don't have much experience with IEM.
If you want IEM for mountain trips (quiet environment) then I recommend Kinera Pandamon. They are open and there is no pressure effect in the ears. Light and very comfortable. Very musical, unfortunately they are not bassy despite the warm sound. But this planar bass is very nice in them. Much better than it looks on FR.

I would also check YINCROW X6, they have the sound you are looking for. In the city they are useless, but in the mountains as a reserve, always in your jacket pocket, can be a good idea.
I had the blon 03 but sadly last them last year, it took me a while to get used to their shape but in the end I could wear them for hours and hours.
Thanks!

Apr 29, 2023 at 10:57 AM Post #77,747 of 106,699
@Leonarfd
@-rowan-
Yes I've been eyeing and following everything about the serials for quite a while now!
They're definitely very high up on my list
I have also been following everything about the h40 as well but I'm somewhat hesitant because they are mmcx and from what I've picked up from the threads is that they don't tend to last so long? That's just the impression I'm getting
Thanks!

Apr 29, 2023 at 11:00 AM Post #77,748 of 106,699
I had the blon 03 but sadly last them last year, it took me a while to get used to their shape but in the end I could wear them for hours and hours.
Thanks!
Blon 03 has a very fun sound for the money, full bodied. Biggest downfall of the Blon 03 is bad ergonomic due to small nozzle.
Another very good option for you would be the VE SiE, its like a mini Serial in metal build. Serial is the best one, but to start at a lower price SiE is very good.

https://www.veclan.com/engappliance_sel_one?eng_ApplianceVo.eac_id=89

DSCF2425.jpg

Apr 29, 2023 at 11:05 AM Post #77,749 of 106,699
Blon 03 has a very fun sound for the money, full bodied. Biggest downfall of the Blon 03 is bad ergonomic due to small nozzle.
Another very good option for you would be the VE SiE, its like a mini Serial in metal build. Serial is the best one, but to start at a lower price SiE is very good.

https://www.veclan.com/engappliance_sel_one?eng_ApplianceVo.eac_id=89

DSCF2425.jpg
Yes I also have them on my my list lol, I saw you refer to them about a week ago or so and then I saw the review by Akros as well . how would you rate them in terms of musicality next to the serials? Thanks

Apr 29, 2023 at 11:19 AM Post #77,750 of 106,699
Yes I also have them on my my list lol, I saw you refer to them about a week ago or so and then I saw the review by Akros as well . how would you rate them in terms of musicality next to the serials? Thanks

I made this very fast, so its not 100% accurate. I would say that Serial is a step up, but the SiE can be a cheaper alternative. Also the build is supreme and should withstand abuse if accidents happen.

1682781449373.png

Apr 29, 2023 at 11:49 AM Post #77,751 of 106,699
It looks like See Audio’s new 6BA around $600, SA6 competitor, full BA (Bravery successor ) is on a rave moment At JP canjam.

”even disregarding all other mighty TOTLs I’ve heard today at JP CanJam, this See Audio 6BA holds a unique position for a god-like tuned that balance out both vocal and instruments”.

I have a feeling that SeeAudio did what I’m doing to Bravery right now with PWA Legend II & Clarion to their 6BA, because that comment above is what I’d say to my Bravery as well.
C0A97681-7B47-492B-BC5F-C67AB7EE016E.jpeg

Apr 29, 2023 at 11:59 AM Post #77,754 of 106,699
It looks like See Audio’s new 6BA around $600, SA6 competitor, full BA (Bravery successor ) is on a rave moment At JP canjam.

”even disregarding all other mighty TOTLs I’ve heard today at JP CanJam, this See Audio 6BA holds a unique position for a god-like tuned that balance out both vocal and instruments”.

I have a feeling that SeeAudio did what I’m doing to Bravery right now with PWA Legend II & Clarion to their 6BA, because that comment above is what I’d say to my Bravery as well.
C0A97681-7B47-492B-BC5F-C67AB7EE016E.jpeg
Wow, maybe more interested in this than the SA6 MK2. Hope for more information soon.

Apr 29, 2023 at 12:04 PM Post #77,755 of 106,699
Wow, maybe more interested in this than the SA6 MK2. Hope for more information soon.
Yes!

As I‘m officially claiming my personalized Bravery as endgame for female vocals, I have a very high hope this 6BA maybe pushing that boundary further😍

Apr 29, 2023 at 12:08 PM Post #77,756 of 106,699
Sorry for the newb question, but to be sure, when there is such a discrepancy between left and right channels on the FR graph, it's a bad sign, right? image_editor_1682783318653.jpg
simple answer: yea that’s non-linear phase matching would impact imaging.

longer answer: you shall care less because measurements can be impacted by way too many factors, it will change even by insertion depth of IEM to coupler and device‘s native variables.
Especially for those ”ad-hoc” measurement. If it’s like stable measurement database and person conducting it has a certain professionalism, it channel mismatch may be considered but I personally wouldn’t care much for those random measurements.

Apr 29, 2023 at 12:11 PM Post #77,757 of 106,699
@Leonarfd
@-rowan-
Yes I've been eyeing and following everything about the serials for quite a while now!
They're definitely very high up on my list
I have also been following everything about the h40 as well but I'm somewhat hesitant because they are mmcx and from what I've picked up from the threads is that they don't tend to last so long? That's just the impression I'm getting
Thanks!

I made this very fast, so its not 100% accurate. I would say that Serial is a step up, but the SiE can be a cheaper alternative. Also the build is supreme and should withstand abuse if accidents happen.

1682781449373.png

Sorry, I don’t have the H40, partly because mmcx, so I suppose that’s my answer.

SIE is a fun one as well but the Serial generally feels a bit more refined all round and is also non-fatiguing enough for long listening sessions.

Of course it also depends on how you want to allocate your funds but if you wanted to go for only one with your budget, I’d shoot for the Serial.

Apr 29, 2023 at 12:24 PM Post #77,758 of 106,699
Recommendations please?
For IEMs under 350 euros.
I like fun turned, more musical than technical,
Full bodied
Strong bass, in quantity and quality
Strong note weight, dense
Emotionally engaging, expressive
Natural sounding
Good with female voices
Good with very different genres
Non fatiguing
Comfortable to wear for hours and hours .
Unless my financial situation changes it will be my only iem for a very long time, so durability is very very very important.
Thank you muchly 🙏🙏🙏

I also want to say that even though I'm mostly just a lurker,
I've been thoroughly enjoying reading and almost vicariously hearing iems being described and I want to thank everyone on this thread deeply as I feel that I have learned quite a lot from the discussions and debates and I continue to learn.🙏🙏🙏

Currently I own a pair of full sized, closed back headphones
Campfire audio cascades, I enjoy them but I need an iem for long treks in the mountains where I live.
Keep your eyes on the classifieds for a set Xelentos. They're very musical, supremely comfortable, tuck right into the ear, and great for out and about. They've been going for $300 to $400 lately and would be perfect for what you describe if a 2nd hand bargain is a possibility for you.

Apr 29, 2023 at 12:38 PM Post #77,759 of 106,699
I saw a positive report on Princess Changle who tried both Wan’er and Changle at JP CanJam and mentioned those are great cost-performing but Changle does it better.

Good!

Apr 29, 2023 at 12:40 PM Post #77,760 of 106,699

Users who are viewing this thread

Back