The discovery thread!
Apr 22, 2023 at 3:38 AM Post #76,816 of 114,320
Congratulations!

Sorry, but I have one thing I’m interested about. How’s the shape, I know you mentioned that the original SA6 fit you fine, but I’m just curious does the MK2 seem to have a hair deeper insertion?
It locks into place. There are aggressive fins at the top of the ear pieces that lock into the antihelix of my ears. With spin fit CP145, the fit is deep and my entire ears, both canals and outers are filled as if the earpieces have been customed to my ears. The angle of the nozzles does not poke at the wrong direction like Blessing 2 (to me). The shells have more “custom look” than usual IEMs, so I expect some ears might not fit well. But they don’t feel like potatoes in my ears like the Monarch II and Z1R (I can still wear those comfortably, btw)

Btw, 2 pin connectors are recessed.

Dunu seems to have mastered the wooden face plates as well. Mine looks just like the sample photos on the Internet. The OG SA6 has all kinds of varieties.

Apr 22, 2023 at 3:39 AM Post #76,817 of 114,320
Dunu SA6 MkII is here. It’s glorious.

Packaging and accessories can shame some kilobucks, but that’s old news. Dunu and FiiO are always good at this. The fit and the sound though. Stage is here. Air is here. Midrange is here. High quality BA bass is here. Resolution is here.

I have only three questions left to evaluate:
  • Can the imaging match the Andromeda 2020
  • Can the dynamic get even close to the U12T
  • How good is the resolution amongst kilobucks
But yeah, what a time to be in this hobby. Jeez.
Man i was planning to get the U12T, but then I grabbed a deal on the Euclid again(for dirt cheap prices) so I grabbed them again lol. I got a unit for less than 500$ for a used B-stock unit(hardly 2 months old).

Apr 22, 2023 at 3:40 AM Post #76,818 of 114,320
It locks into place. There are aggressive fins at the top of the ear pieces that lock into the antihelix of my ears. With spin fit CP145, the fit is deep and my entire ears, both canals and outers are filled as if the earpieces have been customed to my ears. The angle of the nozzles does not poke at the wrong direction like Blessing 2 (to me). The shells have more “custom look” than usual IEMs, so I expect some ears might not fit well. But they don’t feel like potatoes in my ears like the Monarch II and Z1R (I can still wear those comfortably, btw)

Dunu seems to have mastered the wooden face plates as well. Mine looks just like the sample photos on the Internet. The OG SA6 has all kinds of varieties.
Man please share how do SA6 MK2 fare against the U12T, i know it's a difficult fight for the pair but i just want to know how well these fare against.

Apr 22, 2023 at 3:42 AM Post #76,819 of 114,320
Well, my 900th post on Head-Fi and I want to share my current gaming setup with you guys hehe. This right here helps me beat the competition in Valorant(casual player so please don't judge my gaming abilities lol), SMSL D300+Aune S7 Pro+Moondrop Venus!! I just love how crisp and expansive the sound feels with this setup!!

I am planning to get some UAC 1.0 DAC so that I can use the amp and headphones with my PS5 as well lol.

342454357_539268845047992_6967837828920582793_n.jpg
Congrats on the rig. 100 more posts and you get the sweet sweet title of Supremus😎

Apr 22, 2023 at 3:42 AM Post #76,820 of 114,320

Heartwarming, enjoy your honeymoon! :)

Apr 22, 2023 at 3:44 AM Post #76,821 of 114,320
Congrats on the rig. 100 more posts and you get the sweet sweet title of Supremus😎
Nah i guess that's after 1500 or 2000 something.

Apr 22, 2023 at 4:18 AM Post #76,823 of 114,320
CP145 are great tips.

Yeah CP145 are one of my favourite eartips. They are quite neutralish so they don't really skew the other frequencies that much, say compared to the CP100 which sounds more V shaped for me. Also the longer nozzle helps in fit for IEMs with too short nozzles.

Apr 22, 2023 at 4:24 AM Post #76,824 of 114,320
This is a thread about discoveries, but still let's ask. I know that I have way to many IEMs and never enough time for all of them.

If you could only own 3 IEMs what would it be?

Pick from the ones you own instead of dream IEMs. Can let it run over weekend and add them up in a list, I know similar polls like this is done in WC thread. But I bet there will be a different data from this thread, and IMO the best thread in Head-Fi 👌💯

Apr 22, 2023 at 4:30 AM Post #76,825 of 114,320
This is a thread about discoveries, but still let's ask. I know that I have way to many IEMs and never enough time for all of them.

Pick from the ones you own instead of dream IEMs. Can let it run over weekend and add them up in a list, I know similar polls like this is done in WC thread. But I bet there will be a different data from this thread, and IMO the best thread in Head-Fi 👌💯

If it has to be only IEMs in the collection, then:
1) Sony IER-M9
2) Moondrop Variations
3) Sony XBA-N3

Special mention for Tanchjim Oxygen.

Yeah the IEMs are all a bit old, but sometimes old is gold and not all new releases are outstanding (in fact the current trend seems to be around 70% of new releases are sidegrades of some form).

Apr 22, 2023 at 4:31 AM Post #76,826 of 114,320
My dream would be for KZ to create an IEM that utilizes the Ling long driver and tuning, but place it in a more traditional shell. But it would have to sound just like the Ling long, with maybe minor improvements in note weight, and this would be a budget king for sure. As is, this is KZ's best sounding dynamic driver all-arounder. You into metal music? WHAT THE **** ARE YOU WAITING FOR?!
You can try this. Not exactly the same, but with TRI Clarion Tips is quite similar.
Hm20 is one of the most underrated iems from CCA.
graph (91).png

Last edited:
Apr 22, 2023 at 4:35 AM Post #76,827 of 114,320

Sennheiser IE600(Single DD)
Kinera Nanna(Hybrid)
Elysian ANnhilator/Oriolus Trailli/EE Odin(Ultimate Endgame)

Apr 22, 2023 at 4:36 AM Post #76,828 of 114,320
If it has to be only IEMs in the collection, then:
1) Sony IER-M9
2) Moondrop Variations
3) Sony XBA-N3

Special mention for Tanchjim Oxygen.

Yeah the IEMs are all a bit old, but sometimes old is gold and not all new releases are outstanding (in fact the current trend seems to be around 70% of new releases are sidegrades of some form).
Nice, I have tried XBA-N3 and Z1R from Sony and like both. Never tried the M9,.need to demo them 😁.

Doesn't matter if IEMs is old, even though the market has exploded forward there are still some good old gems.

Apr 22, 2023 at 4:37 AM Post #76,829 of 114,320

IEMs in my collection / have listened
  1. 64 Audio U12T
  2. HiBy Zeta
  3. FiiO FW5 (until the battery breaks, then I need another one)
If sky is the limit:
  1. UM Multiverse Mentor
  2. Elysian Annihilation
  3. 64 Audio U12T
Add an A&K SP3000 and I will be done :dt880smile:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back