The discovery thread!
Apr 20, 2023 at 4:00 AM Post #76,801 of 106,788
A
Yeah, even 100% matching (kinda impossible) does not guarantee the same sound. For example, the deviations around 2kHz and 5kHz might be considered "small difference", but they add up. And those differences on the graphs are not small anyway. They seem to be 2 to 3dB. Quite audible.

@gadgetgod gearing down for my evening listening session

IMG_2777.jpg
Ah man the U12t are a dream <3 maybe some day :)

Apr 20, 2023 at 4:30 AM Post #76,802 of 106,788
@AmericanSpirit, you forgot his correction.
Actually I corrected it a bit after the response. I suppose the point still stands anyway since Timmy apparently now recommends the Blessing 3 over ANY of the predecessors anyway.

Probably safe to say at this point Blessing 3 is kilobuck threat V2.0. Although that's only one reviewer out of many. I'm sure one's bound to disagree on the Blessing 3 being a worthy successor of both Blessing 2s.

Edit: I know I was recommended 7Hz Legato as a basshead option before. But I'm more interested in KZ Ling Long because of the price. And yes I know it sounds silly considering the Ling Long houses a 6mm DD and I guess thay 6mm DD somehow delivers bone rattling bass and an otherwise deceptively balanced tuning.

Last edited:
Apr 20, 2023 at 5:29 AM Post #76,803 of 106,788
Well, the BLON X HBB Z300 is in the mail. Let's see?

I read on Twitter that all the pre-sale discount tickets are sold-out?

Edit:
Yep.
Screen Shot 2023-04-20 at 6.15.21 PM.png

Last edited:
Apr 20, 2023 at 8:20 AM Post #76,804 of 106,788
Just few thoughts and a call for implementation.

I was playing quite a bit recently with the switches on KZ D-Fi - small, but definitely functional changes in an enjoyable IEM.

Then switches arw just "on" and "off". Using small dials instead will bring continuos changes and stealth high-tech, high-fi audiophile appearance with great functionalities.

Then, also taking dials and making a separate unit, where dials can be larger to produce a variable balanced impedance adapter would be amazing.

Two versions:
A basic with a combination of 0 to 5 Ohm (fine tuning) and 0 to 50 Ohm resistor; and
A finer version with 0 to 1 Ohm, 0 to 10 Ohm, and 0 to 100 Ohm.

These units and the final refinement step of your favourite cables - would deliver an ultimate audiophile experience from your IEMs and headphones!

Apr 20, 2023 at 8:23 AM Post #76,805 of 106,788
Apr 20, 2023 at 8:25 AM Post #76,806 of 106,788

Edit:
Yep.
Wow! Thanks for reminding!

I’ll need to order on next Monday for Z300.

Apr 20, 2023 at 8:31 AM Post #76,807 of 106,788
gk 100 doesn’t seem worth it. Timmy from gizaudio was less than positive as well. Akros wasn’t super positive about it either. Both very tactfuly meh.
Meanwhile, I’m seeing very happy owners voice from my Japanese audioohile twitter network, they comment PZT of GK100 needs some burn-in period, OOTB it will sound very rough textured.

Just providing another point of view.

I know Crin deny any single aspect of burn-in, well that’s his personality, so Timmy might pretty close in that, if Timmy‘s review is OOTB, that less than positive comment actually sounds rationale.

Last edited:
Apr 20, 2023 at 8:31 AM Post #76,808 of 106,788

Edit:
Yep.
I'm kinda curious about this one.
I got into IEMs only recently, and it was already "old news" at the time, so never got around getting the BL03, even out of curiosity.
But this one does look interesting.
I guess I'll wait until we have more opinions about it.

Apr 20, 2023 at 8:39 AM Post #76,809 of 106,788
Cross posting here:

VE SiE

Haha my inner child bass head loves the SiE, make me smile from ear to ear.

Very short impressions after 6hours burn in and a few hours listening.
Thick sound in both the bass and mids, upper part of mids and treble seem slightly dark in comparison.
Not the most technical IEM or widest soundstage, about average I would say.

Do I like it? Very much.
It is a dark analogue sound, not any sibilance at all. I am halfway bass head so this is a very fun sound for me.
I doubt you can get tired from this, even with aggressive metal its not becoming to much. Unless you get tired from boosted low end.

I am getting some measurement of the SiE soon, might be interesting to see how it compares to some other sets.

1681935188418.png

Changed the cable for Penon OS133, looks good on SiE.

DSCF2425.jpg
Im truly in doubt between Kiiboom Allure and VE SiE. Both would satisfy me, but one has to be better 🤧

Listening to NF Audio NA2, reminding me that my fav sound is lush indeed. But these slow transients err 😬

Wan'Er also delicious tone, with better speed, but technically meh. Lacks a little bite too...

Waiting Z300's impact. Bery like Allure, hope it performs close? But Idk, curious about stabilized wood musicality

Apr 20, 2023 at 8:47 AM Post #76,810 of 106,788
Cross posting here:

VE SiE

Thick sound in both the bass and mids, upper part of mids and treble seem slightly dark in comparison.

Do I like it? Very much.
It is a dark analogue sound, not any sibilance at all. I am halfway bass head so this is a very fun sound for me.
I doubt you can get tired from this, even with aggressive metal its not becoming to much. Unless you get tired from boosted low end.

I am getting some measurement of the SiE soon, might be interesting to see how it compares to some other sets.

1681935188418.png

DSCF2425.jpg
Give it a good burnin, SIE is simple amazing with N7 and DX320X AMP14, i can't believe it's a 99$ iem

Apr 20, 2023 at 9:26 AM Post #76,812 of 106,788
Cross posting here:

VE SiE

Do I like it? Very much.

1681935188418.png

DSCF2425.jpg
That's interesting!
I'm currently on the fence about buying a 7hz Legato, as I'm looking for something that is bassy with a good analogue feel.
Have you had the chance to compare the SIE and the Legato ?
I get that the Legato might be a bith more niche, regarding its tuning, so if the SIE has good bass and a good analogue feel, it might be a better option for me, if the tuning is a bit more versatile.

Apr 20, 2023 at 10:06 AM Post #76,813 of 106,788
That's interesting!
I'm currently on the fence about buying a 7hz Legato, as I'm looking for something that is bassy with a good analogue feel.
I get that the Legato might be a bith more niche, regarding its tuning, so if the SIE has good bass and a good analogue feel, it might be a better option for me, if the tuning is a bit more versatile.
I just ordered Legato.

Any suggestion > Dunu SA6 mk2 or Blessing 3?

Apr 20, 2023 at 10:41 AM Post #76,814 of 106,788
Apr 20, 2023 at 11:10 AM Post #76,815 of 106,788
Im truly in doubt between Kiiboom Allure and VE SiE. Both would satisfy me, but one has to be better 🤧

Listening to NF Audio NA2, reminding me that my fav sound is lush indeed. But these slow transients err 😬

Wan'Er also delicious tone, with better speed, but technically meh. Lacks a little bite too...

Waiting Z300's impact. Bery like Allure, hope it performs close? But Idk, curious about stabilized wood musicality

Never tried the Allure, but I have had beryllium driver IEMs before. Personally I like it as they seem to be on the faster side in decay.
Most cheap IEMs I have tried lately has lacked some detail or fullness to the sound, ViE is more full sounding similar to have also the Penon FAN OG is more full sounding.

Give it a good burnin, SIE is simple amazing with N7 and DX320X AMP14, i can't believe it's a 99$ iem

100% they sound and feel very premium, and if you like the gold plating its looks very good IMO. Already after 20hours there is more refinement and control in the sound.
Also out from DX320X everything sound nice, never been a DAP person but that has started to change :beyersmile:

That's interesting!

I skipped Legato since I already have quite many bass tuned sets, its probably a good choice looking at all the well received response.

DSCF2425.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back