The discovery thread!
Mar 29, 2023 at 9:22 PM Post #75,331 of 103,236
using as a reference point.

That was the original plan of getting the U12T, but I am having second thoughts, since if this is the 5/5 gatekeeper, the gate would be quite small.

But, whatever. Like @AmericanSpirit used to say, expensive toys for rich first world country. Maybe it’s all just illusion from the hole in the wallet :dt880smile:

(Now if I can get a silver gold platinum cable for it, it could be a real deal …)

Mar 29, 2023 at 9:37 PM Post #75,332 of 103,236
I guess note energy on LCP is lower than say DLC ones so It sounds thinner maybe? The note weight I feel for HOLA is on richer side but YMMV.

Wish you good luck on HEXA this time! Looking forward for A-B with DT800👍
Talking about Hexa, while not quite apple to apple,
there is discussion on Hexa vs EA500 for best under $100.
which one you prefer?
---

graph(3).png

Mar 29, 2023 at 9:51 PM Post #75,333 of 103,236
which one you prefer?
---

graph(3).png
I can only see EA500 hit B+ tier not A tier at least to my HRTF.

It’s a single BA’s technically despite boosted air makes an illusionary extra resolutions. The image separation of EA500 is still a DLC’s region and Moondrop Kato player upper hand on both Resolution and Image separation.

The open Staging + that boosted 15khz makes EA500 very uniquely tuned IEM though.

Mar 29, 2023 at 10:02 PM Post #75,334 of 103,236
I have received Truthear Hola today (another, yet unnecessary, curiosity-driven acquisition).
The first impressions are very positive.

Build: very solid, the plastic body is nice. The top plate is metal. If to nitpick the joints can be somewhat noticeable.

Cable: not impressive, recent KZ stock cables are more appealing.

Tips: 7 pairs, including nice wide-bore ones which I used before discovering Clarion. Great.

Pouch: impressive to have for under $20, can be useful to some.

Sound impressions: impressive, nicely tuned, no perceived faults - pleasant and engaging. No "burning" needed (I did find many DDs changed in few hours of use significantly. I write during the first hour - already nice). Hola can handle decently string quartets - jusr wow for a single budget DD.

Overall: a great example, where one can fully appreciate the music for under $20 without spending that laughable $600 or so out of some peer-presure insecurities...
Highly impressive to me.

P. S. Non audiophilic negatives: whlle I could live with the box image, the included card below, introducing 45 kg (anorexic(?)) female character is sad, feeling so sorry for the target audience...
45kg at 170cm is fairly on thinner side. it should be near 55~60kg ish for ideal weight

my freshgrad coworker is 36kg at around 150cm ish. it seems she's thin because she used to be a poor student before, cause during office orientation dinner she ate a LOT (well its BBQ can't blame her).
and yup, 2 month with her own earning and she is at 39 kg now.

Last edited:
Mar 29, 2023 at 10:07 PM Post #75,335 of 103,236
For me? It’s the 5/5 across the board. Everything is done to excellent level, though some particular IEMs might have outstanding, like “6/5”.

Let me say one cliché statement: these IEMs disappear, leaving you with the music. We can break down the performance into open soundstage, neutral open tonality, crisp resolution, comfort, bla bla. But how everything works together to achieve that crystal clear vision into the music is the key achievement. Every other IEMs I have / have listened feel veiled or off in one way or another.

Since I can gush and gush about these IEMs, I don’t think I’ll review them.
I have received Truthear Hola today (another, yet unnecessary, curiosity-driven acquisition).
The first impressions are very positive.
20230329_201410.jpg

Build: very solid, the plastic body is nice. The top plate is metal. If to nitpick the joints can be somewhat noticeable.

Cable: not impressive, recent KZ stock cables are more appealing.

Tips: 7 pairs, including nice wide-bore ones which I used before discovering Clarion. Great.

Pouch: impressive to have for under $20, can be useful to some.

Sound impressions: impressive, nicely tuned, no perceived faults - pleasant and engaging. No "burning" needed (I did find many DDs changed in few hours of use significantly. I write during the first hour - already nice). Hola can handle decently string quartets - jusr wow for a single budget DD.

Overall: a great example, where one can fully appreciate the music for under $20 without spending that laughable $600 or so out of some peer-presure insecurities...
Highly impressive to me.

P. S. Non audiophilic negatives: whlle I could live with the box image, the included card below, introducing 45 kg (anorexic(?)) female character is sad, feeling so sorry for the target audience...
20230329_201312.jpg
You can get excellent sound that is near "audiophile" for $15.00. It's called the KZ Ling Long, it's a fantastically tuned micro dynamic with excellent timbre and a very wide and enveloping soundstage, and a sound that rivals more expensive IEMs like the Cadenza and the Star River, for hardly anything. It's just the way it is. No need to spend $600.

Mar 29, 2023 at 10:36 PM Post #75,336 of 103,236
You can get excellent sound that is near "audiophile" for $15.00. It's called the KZ Ling Long, it's a fantastically tuned micro dynamic with excellent timbre and a very wide and enveloping soundstage, and a sound that rivals more expensive IEMs like the Cadenza and the Star River, for hardly anything. It's just the way it is. No need to spend $600.

i think your comment got swallowed by the quote mark
---

but KZ LingLong somehow sold out locally. It only appears in local market for a week or so.
manage to bought mine before it ran out but i was going to buy another for my sis and its gone...

Mar 29, 2023 at 10:51 PM Post #75,337 of 103,236
@FreeWheelinAudioLuv2

At the end of the day, it’s about how obsessed you are about these things. I mean we all remember our blissfully ignorant days before all of these wild talk about “resolution” and “imaging” and “soundstage” and “bass quality” $20 makes sound, “scientifically approved” sound, so why more. The game has been broken, and you/we have proven how much you/we are better and smarter than all of those audiofools. Perhaps it’s for the best.

Mar 29, 2023 at 11:08 PM Post #75,338 of 103,236
An audiophile is someone that cares enough about audio that they put effort in to their listening set up.

Doesn't come down to money at all.
A audiophile is someone who uses thier gear to listen to music not using music to listen to thier gear!

Mar 29, 2023 at 11:11 PM Post #75,339 of 103,236
Mar 29, 2023 at 11:12 PM Post #75,340 of 103,236
Audio U12t Video in all its greatness is up.
Thanks Kevin Davies

20230329_145144.jpg

Last edited:
Mar 30, 2023 at 12:09 AM Post #75,342 of 103,236
Blessing 3, GK100, AFUL P8 soon
See Audio 2DD legato, 2300usd letshouer cadenza 12, radioactive TSMR, Moondrop single BA, Softears studio 4, Simgot EA500, KiwiEars Orchestra Lite (8BA), out

Crin is working on his possible Remake of TE ZERO as Project Red. Looka exactly like ZERO As well as rebuilding the whole ranking database with new measurements.

SoundRhyme is a newly discovered gem brand offers very high quality products at very low price.

We are trying another possible hidden gem, Juzear 41T now.
You guessed the Project Red was the Blessing 3, but you guessed wrong there. It's another passable budget set with thin mids and sub bass slam and polite treble.

Mar 30, 2023 at 12:13 AM Post #75,343 of 103,236
Geekwold better step up BIG TIME. Now the GK10 is decent. It has it's pros and cons, but it's gotta take a huge leap in performance ratio if that price tag is to be accepted and this IEM remembered past it's initial offering?

Mar 30, 2023 at 12:19 AM Post #75,344 of 103,236
Ling Lo
which one you prefer?
---

graph(3).png
Ling Long

Mar 30, 2023 at 12:30 AM Post #75,345 of 103,236
What have I missed? Any decent graphs out? Y’all know what I like :smirk:

Bro here's a special graph that will give PTSD to all measurebators.

graph.png

Best part, it is complimentary. Not $600. It is free, so nobody can complain!

A audiophile is someone who uses thier gear to listen to music not using music to listen to thier gear!

Haha yes that is on my sig!

But I'm wondering, if $600 is the cut off to be an audiophile, does buying 20 KZ pokemons (which may add up to $600) make one a dyed-in-the-wool audiophile?

That was the original plan of getting the U12T, but I am having second thoughts, since if this is the 5/5 gatekeeper, the gate would be quite small.

But, whatever. Like @AmericanSpirit used to say, expensive toys for rich first world country. Maybe it’s all just illusion from the hole in the wallet :dt880smile:

(Now if I can get a silver gold platinum cable for it, it could be a real deal …)

Bro have you tried the U18T or U18S haha? Those are really way more technical than the U12T (which I think is still an excellent set).

Legend has it that an audiophile has to sell 64 kidneys away to afford a 64 Audio IEM.

which one you prefer?
---

Both are very different. And of course different driver types too.

Hexa is more laid back. Neutral with sub-bass boost. Small soundstage but quite decent imaging.

EA500 is a bit more aggressive with details, balanced pair. Timbre is better, technical chops are good. EA500 has 2 tuning nozzles though, I find it shouty on one of the nozzles though.

But both sets are really good pairs for sure.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back