The discovery thread!
Feb 21, 2013 at 9:19 AM Post #7,276 of 106,562
Quote:
Get with it Ghost, you need to join us kool kats here. http://www.head-fi.org/t/647391/w-rap-sucks-2-0-rap-hiphop-appreciation-thread/285#post_9185813

Let me test your canton skittles by saying this..........................

Oh, I'm there bro, listening and watching as my nick'sake "Ghost"
biggrin.gif

Canto skittles ?   ...are you kidding me ?   ...I practically grew up listening to these on what was known as Rediffusion back in the seventies  ...you'll know what I'm on about if you understand "SWAG" !
tongue.gif

Feb 21, 2013 at 9:24 AM Post #7,277 of 106,562
Quote:
I was just messaging Danny and I was telling him. You know this DAC with a nice high end Amp and I do believe it is end game material we are talking about here.. First thing first wayne I am certain you will be happy with the results of the E12 using your AD900X.

confused.gif
   Dang, Bro...another fine hole you dug for me to stumble into !

wink.gif

Feb 21, 2013 at 11:13 AM Post #7,280 of 106,562
Quote:
I have them on the burn in. I think they sound good and punch above their price. I am using my Beyer DT250 velours on them.. Way more comfy and seem to expand the stage a bit..Right now as I hear them the highs are not all that extended which can be a good thing depending on ones sound preference and the lower half of the sound is not as tight as I would like it to be. Mids are centered well and have good detail.. The stage is similar to my HTF600. Which are also semiopen so no boxy sound here..I think you found a good one. They look more classier with my velour pads by the way. The looks in person is not as toyish as they look on line. They are built pretty solid actually. 

Quote:
You know what this sound signature reminds me of. They sound like the full sized headphones of the MH1C. Lol. As crazy as that sounds.. The sound balance is very similar. Somewhat relaxed highs. A bit forward mids and and a consumer friendly bass end.. I threw on my HM5 pads. This sounds better than using the Velours I had earlier.. Will keep them on the burn.

Lol I just A/Bed against my MH1C..Sound signature is very similar like I thought. Hey this is good news as the MH1C punches above their price as well.

Dsnuts, these are the only impressions that you gave on the SOMIC EFI-82 MT.  Did you finish burning these in?  If so, please give us some detailed impressions on bass, mids, highs, imaging, separation and soundstage using the right pads (SHR840 or equivalents).  Please say the good, the bad and the ugly about these, regardless of price.  Tell us what your ears say.

I would also like to read DannyBai's impressions on these Somics.  I don't recall him posting impressions on the EFI-82 MT.  Did you get a pair of those, DannyBai?

Feb 21, 2013 at 12:51 PM Post #7,281 of 106,562
Quote:
Did you get these?

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Genuine-JVC-FX3X-Xtreme-Xplosives-Inner-Ear-Headphones-Deep-Bass-HA-FX3X-/300825548753?pt=US_Headphones&hash=item460a9997d1

Just that someone pointed out there was an accessory missing from the box and could possibly mean they're fakes. Also, they seem quite cheap compared to other FX3X auctions.

Yep, those are the ones I got. There's a reason given for the low price:
Quote:
Oh yea, I found out why those JVCs are so cheap.
Apparently it was because of a production fault, it isn't the seller.
I asked him about it and he stated that they would cover the discount offered for the lack of the cord thing.
Here:
[size=10.0pt]"Thanks for your query.In fact, I have the same feeling with you at the very beginning.I also buy this huge stock when I was so strange about the goods.The wire cord is not included in the original package, this is the fault of JVC company.At the very beginning, when I discover that the wire code is missing in the package I immediately called JVC (agent). They claimed that they are the production fault from the production process. They are willing to provide me the discount for all FX3X products.After I tested that the headset is Original and 100% good condition I accept this huge stock and sell in the eBay. I also offer this discount to all eBay buyer. They accept this package and headphone without code since we offer them this lowest price and they don?t care of the wire cord when they replied that it is ok since the package has ?XX? case to keep the headset with the gift of wire cord.If you don?t mind the wire cord and enjoy only the headset, you may accept this offer. We pack the product well to you before shipping.Thank you.With Best Regards,Peter,17-Oct-2012"[/size]

[size=10.0pt]So don't worry about it :)[/size]

A friend of mine who owns a pair of FX101's listened to my FX3X', and placed an order within 5 minutes. They're good. The seller throws in a replacement wire cord with the package, btw. It's a weird fish-shaped neoncolored thing, though.

Feb 21, 2013 at 1:08 PM Post #7,282 of 106,562
Quote:

Dsnuts, these are the only impressions that you gave on the SOMIC EFI-82 MT.  Did you finish burning these in?  If so, please give us some detailed impressions on bass, mids, highs, imaging, separation and soundstage using the right pads (SHR840 or equivalents).  Please say the good, the bad and the ugly about these, regardless of price.  Tell us what your ears say.

I would also like to read DannyBai's impressions on these Somics.  I don't recall him posting impressions on the EFI-82 MT.  Did you get a pair of those, DannyBai?

Yes please, more impressions on these!

Feb 21, 2013 at 4:01 PM Post #7,283 of 106,562
Quote:

Oh, I'm there bro, listening and watching as my nick'sake "Ghost"
biggrin.gif

Canto skittles ?   ...are you kidding me ?   ...I practically grew up listening to these on what was known as Rediffusion back in the seventies  ...you'll know what I'm on about if you understand "SWAG" !
tongue.gif

Damn these are audio "SWAGGA" indeed.

So hi-fi in appearance but don't know about it sound wise. Looks kinda like a high class microwave oven. DING!!! LMAO.

Feb 22, 2013 at 2:11 PM Post #7,288 of 106,562
Quote:
This is the judgement week. Order ckn70 or xba -40.

See this thread, post number 38 and on, I did some comparisons with the XBA-30 & 40, as well as the XBA-4.

Feb 23, 2013 at 5:06 AM Post #7,290 of 106,562
Quote:
My CKN70s just arrived at customs...

Mine just arrived !!!
biggrin.gif

The CKN-70 was the first to be plugged into the ELE DAC/Laptop, .....the first few notes hits me like fresh melted snow from an old spice advertisement, not quite sure what to make of what I'm hearing, does this thing even needs burning in ?????
confused.gif

...need to listen more and maybe open the CKN-50 as well for a comparision.

...will be back with more impression.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back