The discovery thread!
Dec 30, 2022 at 10:17 PM Post #70,126 of 106,628
I mean, it appears that Linsoul is the front end consumer facing element of a set of factory brands that includes, amongst others, Thieaudio and Kiiboom. It’s dead obvious that the Allure and the Elixer are the exact same thing. The marketing on the box for both is almost word for word identical and the shells are exactly the same with the exception of color of the faceplates and the shells.

This kind of thing is something to keep an eye on for sure. The same thing happens with Chinese wrist watches. One manufacture site houses a half dozen or more factory brands that are all made on the same machines and with only slightly differing designs and features. Same thing is clearly going on in the IEM world. And when a loss-leader like the Allure comes along, an Elixir at half the price? Done deal.
What is odd is you can not buy KiiBoom iems at Linsoul.

Dec 30, 2022 at 10:36 PM Post #70,128 of 106,628
Maybe. Kiiboom is positioned currently as a gaming accessories company, not an IEM company.
If KiiBOOM Allure is a parallel release of their own ThieAudio Elixir, they are unlikely to want to undercut their own product line. There is a new KiiBOOM store on AE now. I wouldn't recommend it yet, due to short history, low sales numbers and lack of feedback. That is a problem for IEM manufacturers though, AudioSense and GS Audio suffer from the same problem. I guess you have to sell thousands of plastic trinkets to get a good rating. KZ etc. spring to mind, I guess in dealing with China "Never mind the quality, feel the width" comes into play.:thinking:

Dec 30, 2022 at 10:38 PM Post #70,129 of 106,628
If KiiBOOM Allure is a parallel release of their own ThieAudio Elixir, they are unlikely to want to undercut their own product line. There is a new KiiBOOM store on AE now. I wouldn't recommend it yet, due to short history, low sales numbers and lack of feedback. That is a problem for IEM manufacturers though, AudioSense and GS Audio suffer from the same problem. I guess you have to sell thousands of plastic trinkets to get a good rating. KZ etc. spring to mind, I guess in dealing with China "Never mind the quality, feel the width" comes into play.:thinking:

Right. And I think this is why the Allure exists at all. As a loss leader for a push into IEMs.

Dec 30, 2022 at 10:45 PM Post #70,131 of 106,628
Anyone heard of this company?
I stumbled across them when browsing on Amazon a few months ago from memory.

Thought Canpur was a generic off brand, like BASN. Didn't think much about them given the lack of reviews.

That 80% discount code is insane, shame the tuning is no bueno on any of them apparently

Dec 30, 2022 at 10:46 PM Post #70,133 of 106,628

Thought Canpur was a generic off brand, like BASN. Didn't think much about them given the lack of reviews.

That 80% discount code is insane, shame the tuning is no bueno on any of them apparently
I will find some use for a 23 dollar iem.

Dec 30, 2022 at 11:00 PM Post #70,135 of 106,628
I bought the Allure tonight. I am finished for a while. I have bought 10 iems plus this Holidays, not to mention the Meze 109. I am going to be watching the market for a while.
I figure if I rotate my existing IEMs about once a week I can get to the Summer sale without buying anything else. It's perfectly safe to come here and just browse. It's also perfectly safe to let your Wife browse in jewelry and clothing stores! :rolling_eyes:

I did this previously with Flo Audio Calla, they had a 60% coupon. Rubbish at $50, but $20 made it acceptable.

Can someone recommend some good foam tips to purchase that don't break the bank?
TENNMAK, 4.5mm core work with most IEMs. https://www.aliexpress.com/item/4000493425366.html

Promising to just browse and then posting a sale! Good luck then! :L3000:

Dec 30, 2022 at 11:04 PM Post #70,136 of 106,628
Dec 30, 2022 at 11:08 PM Post #70,137 of 106,628
I figure if I rotate my existing IEMs about once a week I can get to the Summer sale without buying anything else. It's perfectly safe to come here and just browse. It's also perfectly safe to let your Wife browse in jewelry and clothing stores! :rolling_eyes:

I did this previously with Flo Audio Calla, they had a 60% coupon. Rubbish at $50, but $20 made it acceptable.

TENNMAK, 4.5mm core work with most IEMs. https://www.aliexpress.com/item/4000493425366.html

Promising to just browse and then posting a sale! Good luck then! :L3000:
I did buy the Tenmaks. Thanks for the link. Now I guess I can enjoy my collection. LOL. Well, at least when they get here (inside joke there).

Last edited:
Dec 30, 2022 at 11:27 PM Post #70,140 of 106,628
Well, I have never written in this thread, but I am sharing this DIY IEM (16 Ohm DLC) that I built recently, as you can see, nothing special, but I managed to make it sound so surprising good for me, that I wanted to share it here, because it has been a discovery!

Graph?? Lol. Good look, I like silver and blue together.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back