The discovery thread!
Dec 16, 2022 at 1:57 PM Post #69,226 of 102,137
Do you think I shouldn't count out the possibility of Crinacle being involved in a stealth collaboration for 7Hz even if he's already collaborated with them before?

Considering their Zero fixes the one reason he didn't S rank the Moondrop Chu's tonality. Namely just a bit too much treble.
And so Crinacle revealed that he in fact was responsible for this Zero's tuning all along...

Dec 16, 2022 at 2:00 PM Post #69,227 of 102,137
I just got a pair of Soundpeats Wireless Earbuds Mini Pro HS, LDAC, Noise Canceling Bluetooth 5.2 Earphones.
Tiny case and pretty small in ears. Put on a pair of TRi Clarion L tips. Upgraded the firmware on the Soundpeats app and set it in developer options to LDAC 990kbps. Wow these are so goooood for their cost. LDAC is becoming cheap as chips.

Dec 16, 2022 at 2:02 PM Post #69,228 of 102,137
My local e store (lazada) sale thing almost every month, part of the reason why i haven't save enough money for midfi iem! As Vietnam is really close to China so shipping fee is non existence, with countless deal and discount... Well
Gamer no 1 --> Hexa ---> Timeless ---> Mest2 ? I can feeeeel the partern your friends will go
Haha it’s Gamer No.1, HEXA, Wu > Monarch 2 | sell their kidney > get divorced > summit-fi IEMs

Dec 16, 2022 at 2:05 PM Post #69,229 of 102,137
I just got a pair of Soundpeats Wireless Earbuds Mini Pro HS, LDAC, Noise Canceling Bluetooth 5.2 Earphones.
Tiny case and pretty small in ears. Put on a pair of TRi Clarion L tips. Upgraded the firmware on the Soundpeats app and set it in developer options to LDAC 990kbps. Wow these are so goooood for their cost. LDAC is becoming cheap as chips.
Yea…I’ve got the soundpeats deluxe HS Pro (oh wait I forgot the name…) , soundpeats surely nailed the LDAC into their vast variety of offering, which is great. It doesn’t sound too indifferent with wired ones anymore, at least to my ear.

Only bottle neck is that TWS still needs charging.

Dec 16, 2022 at 2:16 PM Post #69,230 of 102,137
It’s the last one, it enhances all the frequencies equally to increase the sound pressure, with a tiny slight hint (1db) of bass floor raise. Peter is a good magician.

Recommend as “all you’ll need” 1 fit for all IEM type all-rounder.

Oh But I see you’ve got Anniversary 10 of PWA, I’m not sure if you need an extra pair though. I have PWA’s Copper M2, which came with MEST II and of separately bought it cost like crazy $560. It doesn’t make huge difference between Copper 28 V2 though. I’m not confident enough to pass a blind test for that.

Copper 28 V2 for the price being set at $89, I feel that’s the best diminishing return of a cable you could reach.
The Anniversary No.10 does all that I mentioned in the first clause :p hence I was just confirming.

The IEM I am aiming to buy is PW Audio Siren, costs 150 USD, comes with zero accessories - no case, no cable, no eartips. Just the pair of iems. Hence, I want it to match with a cable that costs less than the iem to keep the total package in a reasonable price range. No point pairing it with a cable that's costlier than the IEM! On top of that the Anniversary No.10 is in mmcx. I am yet unsure with which the No.10 will pair best, have to try with others. I also have the SE Ultra Copper lying free now that I have paired the Cadmus with FAudio Dark Sky...but again, it also costs more than Siren, and I do not want to do that. I am going to review the iem, and want the whole package to retain at a reasonable price range. That's a slight bit of OCD I have got.

Dec 16, 2022 at 2:27 PM Post #69,232 of 102,137
The Anniversary No.10 does all that I mentioned in the first clause :p hence I was just confirming.

The IEM I am aiming to buy is PW Audio Siren, costs 150 USD, comes with zero accessories - no case, no cable, no eartips. Just the pair of iems. Hence, I want it to match with a cable that costs less than the iem to keep the total package in a reasonable price range. No point pairing it with a cable that's costlier than the IEM! On top of that the Anniversary No.10 is in mmcx. I am yet unsure with which the No.10 will pair best, have to try with others. I also have the SE Ultra Copper lying free now that I have paired the Cadmus with FAudio Dark Sky...but again, it also costs more than Siren, and I do not want to do that. I am going to review the iem, and want the whole package to retain at a reasonable price range. That's a slight bit of OCD I have got.
Ah.. that’s exactly I was really interested to actually. We must have looked at same web page.

I just tried PWA Copper 28 V2 on Softears RSV, perhaps one of the most cable sensitive IEM of my collection, for RSV Copper 28 actually lowered bass floor, and added image depths, with higher resolutions. So for sensitive IEM, I’d say if will lift 4-5khz for 1-2db, lowers 100-300hz for 1db, and lastly probably this is why we feel image depth, it’s maybe a lift in 13khz and upper for few db.

I’m using Copper 28 V2 on Tea and that slight adjustt does make Tea a very nice IEM to live with.

https://www.mtmtaudio.com/collectio...nis-in-ear-monitor-iem-earphone-upgrade-cable

I was staring at Titan cable for PWA and next to it, I saw Siren.

Since there is no doubt that Peter Wang is a great tuner, I wonder how good would he be an IEM tuner. That IEM for $150 ( not like Oriolus’s birds) is decent price considering the brand premium that peter has earned so far.

I’ll be very glad if you could have yohr hands on Siren.

Usually I’m not a huge single dynamic enthusiast, but Peter’s IEM is different story.

Last edited:
Dec 16, 2022 at 2:28 PM Post #69,233 of 102,137
HBB ranked Cadenza as number one IEM under $50.
Wow, but understandable.
The tuning is spot-on to his HRTF. I still have to emphasize that driver spec is very typical titanium coasted dynamic. Maybe slightly better extension to lower and upper.

…! We soon will see Kiwi X HBB.

Last edited:
Dec 16, 2022 at 2:38 PM Post #69,234 of 102,137
My local e store (lazada) sale thing almost every month, part of the reason why i haven't save enough money for midfi iem! As Vietnam is really close to China so shipping fee is non existence, with countless deal and discount... Well
Gamer no 1 --> Hexa ---> Timeless ---> Mest2 ? I can feeeeel the partern your friends will go
You are from Vietnam? My wife is from Vietnam.

Dec 16, 2022 at 2:41 PM Post #69,235 of 102,137
Wow, but understandable.
The tuning is spot-on to his HRTF. I still have to emphasize that driver spec is very typical titanium coasted dynamic. Maybe slightly better extension to lower and upper.

…! We soon will see Kiwi X HBB.
I saw Crinacle got a chance to review the Wu Zetain in Japan and generally liked them. He didn't like most of what he listened to there so that is saying something.

Dec 16, 2022 at 2:45 PM Post #69,236 of 102,137
I am looking at the new TWS from Noble. I believe it is the Fokus N something. I am interested in it because I was interested in the Fokus Pro, which I cannot find anymore. If you know where to buy Fokus Pro please let me know. Noble, Audio46 and Bloom are out of stock, with Noble probably dictating the stock of others.

Dec 16, 2022 at 2:51 PM Post #69,237 of 102,137
You are from Vietnam? My wife is from Vietnam.
Hey just a quick check for Vietnamese... Ask your wife to crack an apple only using her hands 😁

Dec 16, 2022 at 2:56 PM Post #69,239 of 102,137
I saw Crinacle got a chance to review the Wu Zetain in Japan and generally liked them. He didn't like most of what he listened to there so that is saying something.
That’s interesting😲 Wu even seduced the objectivist Crin!! Wow what a sin maker Wu is.

Dec 16, 2022 at 2:58 PM Post #69,240 of 102,137
I am looking at the new TWS from Noble. I believe it is the Fokus N something. I am interested in it because I was interested in the Fokus Pro, which I cannot find anymore. If you know where to buy Fokus Pro please let me know. Noble, Audio46 and Bloom are out of stock, with Noble probably dictating the stock of others.
Maybe check Campfire Audio’s TWS as well? It’s an LCP one. (If you don’t mind the hearing aid shell colors though..)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back