The discovery thread!
Dec 11, 2022 at 9:31 PM Post #68,746 of 104,366
https://www.head-fi.org/showcase/dunu-kima-latest-single-dynamic-driver-iems.26104/review/29744/
1670808579501.png
Dunu Kima is the opposite side tonality wise of the Dunu Titan S. Its smooth natural slightly warm nature is actually balanced better than their prior Titan S. For folks that have these, don't be afraid to throw these on an amp. These sound fantastic on an amp as they scale like crazy. Single dynamics for the price are getting so good. The bar keeps on getting raised at the price. The 100$ segment is seeing competition like we have never seen before.
Sheesh that is a nice graph, 10k dip still but very commendable.

Dec 11, 2022 at 10:31 PM Post #68,748 of 104,366
I would love to be able to use MSEB, as I enjoyed it quite a bit, but most of you kn ow why I can't. Too bad.
We certainly do! We would worry if a post mentioning Hiby was not quickly replied to by you.

Dec 12, 2022 at 2:01 AM Post #68,750 of 104,366
It's a throwback! I got these for $25.00 + tax on sale a couple weeks back, so I decided to just take the nostalgia jump. Why not? $25.00! So they arrived, and for those who weren't on the Chinese IEM thread back in the day (these weren't covered very much in this thread back then), these are a CNT microdriver with a very small bullet shell. So far I tried the spiral dot tips, but they weren't optimal for me, so I switched to Spinfits, and they are a bit better sonically and comfort wise. The bass is as punchy as I remember it. Treble is very classy and has shimmer without it getting sibilant. Very natural tones. Mids are a teeny tad recessed, but nothing too bad. The soundstage is a bit smaller than I remember it being? Overall, not bad at all for what is a very budget IEM that's almost a decade old. These will make a fine beater.
This is one of those legendary IEMs I hear about every once in a while, Crinacle was the guy that made me aware of these existing.

It would be interesting if Zero Audio made a 2023 revision of the Carbo Tenore with detachable cable and updated tuning for around 40 bucks.

Alas, that's very unlikely.

Dec 12, 2022 at 2:13 AM Post #68,751 of 104,366
Dec 12, 2022 at 2:45 AM Post #68,752 of 104,366
P.S. @o0genesis0o my friends and I are wrapping up our gear swapping session. I'll put together some thoughts and I'll post them here so everyone can enjoy them with you tagged so you don't miss them.

Dec 12, 2022 at 2:51 AM Post #68,753 of 104,366
Hold up! I don't know why and now I really want to...
2 Hiby DAPS. 2 faulty batteries. Hiby would fix them both....for $50.00 each + shipping to China. So technically about $75+ each. I passed.

Dec 12, 2022 at 2:53 AM Post #68,754 of 104,366
This is one of those legendary IEMs I hear about every once in a while, Crinacle was the guy that made me aware of these existing.

It would be interesting if Zero Audio made a 2023 revision of the Carbo Tenore with detachable cable and updated tuning for around 40 bucks.

Alas, that's very unlikely.
I've been listening them for a few hours after getting off work with multiple sources, and they are such a fun listen. I settled on the Sony hybrid tips and then created the perfect fit. They will fill in quite nicely until my N5005 arrive.

Dec 12, 2022 at 3:03 AM Post #68,755 of 104,366
2 Hiby DAPS. 2 faulty batteries. Hiby would fix them both....for $50.00 each + shipping to China. So technically about $75+ each. I passed.

*Checks tracking number for the Hiby R3 Pro Saber he just bought.*

Well, that would be about what I paid for the used one I just picked up. It looked so small and cute and pocketable and when I saw the price I just couldn't stop myself. I mean, the seller says he barely used it...🥺

Dec 12, 2022 at 3:42 AM Post #68,756 of 104,366
*Checks tracking number for the Hiby R3 Pro Saber he just bought.*

Well, that would be about what I paid for the used one I just picked up. It looked so small and cute and pocketable and when I saw the price I just couldn't stop myself. I mean, the seller says he barely used it...🥺
PXL_20221201_081431540~3.jpg

Been satisfied with the 2022 model, no issues except a sudden glitch here and there in the music player library.

Battery has been good for me, perfect small work companion.

Dec 12, 2022 at 4:01 AM Post #68,757 of 104,366
PXL_20221201_081431540~3.jpg

Been satisfied with the 2022 model, no issues except a sudden glitch here and there in the music player library.

Battery has been good for me, perfect small work companion.

Good to hear. WhenI saw one going for cheap I thought it would make a great pocketable DAP when my bricks (Cayin N8ii and A&K Kann Alpha) don't fit the bill. I remembered reading some good stuff about them and have been on a little non-Android low cost DAP kick. Not to mention the fact that some of the best recording studios and rehersal spaces in the LA area happen to be in some shady spots so it can behoove one to leave the expensive electronics and audio equipment at home, if you know what I mean.

Either way, I'm looking forward to giving the R3 Pro Saber a go. 👍😎

Dec 12, 2022 at 4:06 AM Post #68,758 of 104,366
Sometimes it's good to have gear on the cheaper side, as a plumber I never lock my car so the apprentice or the sudden trucker can move my car on the worksite if needed. So the Hiby R3 is in a little hardcase together with 2 pairs of IEMs👌PXL_20221212_090442896.jpg

Last edited:
Dec 12, 2022 at 5:03 AM Post #68,759 of 104,366
Sometimes it's good to have gear on the cheaper side, as a plumber I never lock my car so the apprentice or the sudden trucker can move my car on the worksite if needed. So the Hubby R3 is in a little hardcase together with 2 pairs of IEMs👌

I feel you. I used to work as an industrial electrician mostly in the oil fields where anything you're gonna bring with you gets entrusted to an unlocked cabinet on a truck that pretty much anyone can end up diggin through for tools and materials at any time. Not to mention the hazards of just having semi-fragile electronics out in those conditions in the first place.

Anyways, my hat's off to you sir. Tradesmen are the real unsung heroes of the world. Keeping civilization up and running 24/7 is a hard and often thankless task and it never ends. Thanks for the work you do every day! 🙏👍😎

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back